PDA

View Full Version : Milking the Cash Cow dry

Lt. Falcon
10-08-2012, 07:14 AM
So, my lvl 39 llp (aka Lift Ticket) was in search of some quick cash, needed just $200k for lvl 3 Oil Rig and found a target holding $28.6 mil. I attacked him and got a quick $2.9mil before he was too weak to attack and started my upgrade. Knowing that this guy was way over vault, I waited a couple of hours and managed to find him again and took another $2.9 million from him. Sometime during the night he revenged attacked me and put himself on my newsfeed, when I woke up and for the rest of the weekend I was attacking him relentlessly and total take from him netted me an estimated $30mil. I must say that was nice, but now they are all dried up with less than $2mil.

Note: If you are a low level player, make sure you upgrade your vault, expand to make room for new buildings (cash, unit or boost), and always be upgrading. This person who I violated had good att/def stats but lacked a good economy (lvl 40 - $39k IPH), light gold player w/o composite factory yet had couple of EMP and flak cannons, and a vault max of less than $2.5mil.

P.S. If this was you, then my answer to you is YES, you looked like an ATM!! You helped my get my Oil Rig from lvl 2 to 3 and payed for my lvl 4 oil rig upgrade and bought me several b-52 bombers as well. I thank-you very much and appreciated your generousity.

Poopenshire
10-08-2012, 08:15 AM
Way to go Falcon. I really only ever found 1 cash cow in my many months of playing. I was not able to get as much as you did, but it did feel good.

Lt. Falcon
10-08-2012, 08:29 AM
Way to go Falcon. I really only ever found 1 cash cow in my many months of playing. I was not able to get as much as you did, but it did feel good.

I would say "it was like taking candy from a baby", but I'm not that mean jerk kind of person...but yes, it was nice (very nice)...something of a rarity that I've never seen or done before (to that extent). I did feel a little bad, but not enough to stop...I had to tell myself "it's a war game!"

overkill 280
10-08-2012, 08:48 AM
Haha like poop I've never found myself one as good as that before, But good on you for yours :) Hey Lt. I'm going to send a KA request alright.

Hivesy
10-08-2012, 08:51 AM
Nice going Scott, don't feel bad about it, as you say this is war!

Giedrybe
10-08-2012, 08:55 AM
Lt.Falcon, congrats! I'd say you shouldn't feel bad for that player. It's a game, it's a war game. You attacked him many times, you wrote it took you whole weekend to milk him and all he did was to get himself on your newsfeed? Looks like he was not bright enough to understand some basics then.

What def stats this player had if he was banking 29 mil? And how his attack stats were compared to your defense, if he decided to attack you, thus putting himself on your newsfeed?

Maverick50727
10-08-2012, 09:06 AM
39k IPH and that much cash. Strange but if they had good stats and many raids under their belt it is possible. Even stranger is if they had that low of IPH then what were they saving for. If you see them again look at their raids and attacks. Could maybe be a hacker. You can also tell by what units give their strength.

Lt. Falcon
10-08-2012, 09:14 AM
Lt.Falcon, congrats! I'd say you shouldn't feel bad for that player. It's a game, it's a war game. You attacked him many times, you wrote it took you whole weekend to milk him and all he did was to get himself on your newsfeed? Looks like he was not bright enough to understand some basics then.

What def stats this player had if he was banking 29 mil? And how his attack stats were compared to your defense, if he decided to attack you, thus putting himself on your newsfeed?

his stat @ lvl 39 Friday w/ 54 allies was 4400 att/4900 def, mine was 5100att/5500def. At that level and ally range, he has good stats as I rarely see anything over 4k att/def.

@hivesy, thanks

@overkill280...just accepted, my in game name is Scott lvl 51

@maverick...not a hacker, just light gold spender with plenty of attacks (3k) and raids (2k)

Giedrybe
10-08-2012, 09:22 AM
Well, at least we can think that he was expecting this random pvp multiplyer to help him to revenge you. But the again, he should understand that you are able to retaliate w/o problem. Makes me wonder what he was really saving for. With such iph he was not saving for any big upgrade as his upgrades should cost him thousands, not millions. Conclusion - money have better owner now.

Ph4ntom Stranger
10-08-2012, 09:22 AM
What a beautiful cow that was! lol. Man I have yet to find anyone that far over vault. So far the best I have taken from one rival is only about a million.

Lt. Falcon
10-08-2012, 10:37 AM
Well, at least we can think that he was expecting this random pvp multiplyer to help him to revenge you. But the again, he should understand that you are able to retaliate w/o problem. Makes me wonder what he was really saving for. With such iph he was not saving for any big upgrade as his upgrades should cost him thousands, not millions. Conclusion - money have better owner now.

I was wondering that (what he was saving for) myself...he had 1 lvl 1 oil rig (which I would have been upgrading) and many other cash buildings mostly at lvl 1. I was thinking he had my mentality when I first started out, with a few golden units, one thinks they are invincible and don't really have a clue about economy and strength of players at higher levels. That was the way I played with my HLP until I ran into a wall around lvl 50 and started lurking the forum for tips and strategies and then set-up camp. And Yes, the money has a better owner now, well did until I started the lvl 4 oil rig upgrade.

boardgames rule
10-08-2012, 10:55 AM
nice on the level 4 upgrade big accomlishment for you congrats

Lt. Falcon
10-08-2012, 11:06 AM
nice on the level 4 upgrade big accomlishment for you congrats

Thanks, it wasn't my original plan to take my 1 oil rig from lvl 2 to 4 this weekend, it was to get both oil rigs to lvl 3. But, the way things worked out in the end, I'm better off. Now, it's time to go back and upgrade the other lvl 2 oil rig. Yeah, at lvl 40ish, less than half the players in the rivals list have oil rigs, much less of them have them upgraded. My advantage is the knowledge from the forums. Upgrade the oil rigs early as it is way difficult in the higher levels.

Ph4ntom Stranger
10-08-2012, 11:32 AM
I'm pitching my tent as we speak now at level 48. Need to start upgrading my oil rigs too.

Maverick50727
10-08-2012, 11:37 AM
Thanks, it wasn't my original plan to take my 1 oil rig from lvl 2 to 4 this weekend, it was to get both oil rigs to lvl 3. But, the way things worked out in the end, I'm better off. Now, it's time to go back and upgrade the other lvl 2 oil rig. Yeah, at lvl 40ish, less than half the players in the rivals list have oil rigs, much less of them have them upgraded. My advantage is the knowledge from the forums. Upgrade the oil rigs early as it is way difficult in the higher levels.

Exactly. Economy is best early on. I learned the hard way but didn't start over. At high levels if I go over vault 5 mil, people start hitting me so upgrades above 30mil are harder. That is why my oil rigs stoppepd a L5, nanos at L2, space centers at L3, etc. All around the 30 mil mark. It will be a while before I can do 60 mil upgrades with my stats without much time which vultures won't allow. I'll be doing all the cheaper money upgrades under 30 for a while before revisting the larger ones.

Selfproclaimed
10-08-2012, 11:44 AM
I used to look for cash cows but I'm trying to rely more on my iph than relying on attacking. Unit loss is too much.i have my rigs at 5 , nanos at 3 . Going to try get do nanos first.

Ramshutu
10-08-2012, 11:53 AM
How funny would it be if he purchased that money over and above what he vaulted....

Lt. Falcon
10-08-2012, 12:02 PM
I used to look for cash cows but I'm trying to rely more on my iph than relying on attacking. Unit loss is too much.i have my rigs at 5 , nanos at 3 . Going to try get do nanos first.

Tell me about unit losses, I lost a lot of units during these attacks. Thankfully, it was eagle fighter jets, submarines for the most part, a few valor units and lost 2 b-52's (but he paid for those plus more anyways).

Relying on IPH is one of my main goals, my HLP has kinda sacrificed unit density to build a $600k IPH economy, but beefing up little by little now. My LLP is going to be at $270k tonight after upgrade completes and starting lvl 3 oil rig right after. I will need to go back and upgrade some unit buildings to unlock some better units, did manage to get lvl 10 airfield and have the hangar at lvl 4 to boost. Economy and boosts have been my main focus thus far.

Lt. Falcon
10-08-2012, 12:05 PM
How funny would it be if he purchased that money over and above what he vaulted....

Now, that would suck!! He did leave a comment on my wall last night that read: "what am I?....your ATM?"

James_mac
10-08-2012, 02:33 PM
his stat @ lvl 39 Friday w/ 54 allies was 4400 att/4900 def, mine was 5100att/5500def. At that level and ally range, he has good stats as I rarely see anything over 4k att/def.

Shame I never saw him, I would of milked him dry too!! I'm level 37 atm, iv not attacked anybody for a while but I could do with brushing the dust of my 16k attack and 18k defence

James_mac
10-08-2012, 02:34 PM
Now, that would suck!! He did leave a comment on my wall last night that read: "what am I?....your ATM?"

Lol at least he has a sence of humor!

Lift Ticket
10-08-2012, 03:27 PM
Shame I never saw him, I would of milked him dry too!! I'm level 37 atm, iv not attacked anybody for a while but I could do with brushing the dust of my 16k attack and 18k defence

What is your ally count?

James_mac
10-08-2012, 03:31 PM
What is your ally count?
http://i1049.photobucket.com/albums/s382/James_mac90/15A80B00-9D16-47D7-8C5B-B40C2EC3DBB1-4526-000001B60BD67A4A.jpg

Lift Ticket
10-08-2012, 03:43 PM
http://i1049.photobucket.com/albums/s382/James_mac90/15A80B00-9D16-47D7-8C5B-B40C2EC3DBB1-4526-000001B60BD67A4A.jpg

Yeah, your ally count is way above my range. Sent you ally request on LLP.

Nice stats and IPH.

James_mac
10-08-2012, 04:00 PM
Yeah, your ally count is way above my range. Sent you ally request on LLP.

Nice stats and IPH.

Cheers ill accept it now mate

jeffrey
10-08-2012, 09:41 PM
Hi all,

What are your LLP game name? I used to milk a few high 30s players with level 3 oil rigs, were they you? Had I known they were you, I probably would stop! My LLP was one of if not the strongest 30s players in MW.

Giedrybe
10-09-2012, 12:10 AM
James, you'd be nice cash cow as well :)