PDA

View Full Version : A Question of Ethics...

Q Raider
10-07-2012, 11:16 PM
First let me point out a question in the Game “HELP” section which is highly pertinent to this thread.

Q: HOW DO I DELETE OR RESET MY ACCOUNT?
A: We do not currently offer that service, but we may add this feature at a later date.

LEADUP INFO:
I have recently been attacked by another player with the in-game name of . As it was an unfamiliar game name (but familiar group) I took a look to see if I could work out who it was.

When reviewing their stats it was obvious that the player was not a legitimate player IF I am to believe the information within the game Help files as stated above:

First attack they were at Level 133 with the following stats.
Missions 3
Fights W/L 1070/0
Raids W/L 520/0

Allies 441
A/D 390885 / 297427
IPH 416
Money 3297838402
Base Area Approx 14 Squares:

Obvious first question was how someone could be at Level 133 (465505XP) with so few interactions?

ONLY LOGICAL ANSWER:
Based on later reviews of the players profile they “started” at or close to Level 130 and their XP has progressed normally from there.

Suspect Units in Inventory:
A check of their units revealed they had “purchased” 282 sets of LE’s (later increased to 565 ish) but this is not what caught my attention. I observed that this player had the top units from crate events #1,#5,#9,#10,#11,#13 several of the top awards from the Elite events, units from the top 250/500 in the auction events and both the units from the contest events (Profiteer and Elite Commander).

However they had NONE of the sub-units associated with those events (apart from the latest Elite event which appears to have played out normally).

1070 attacks were not sufficient to have merited the awarding of the Elite Commander unit so how does a “legitimate” player possess one?

416 IPH is certainly not enough to have been awarded the Profiteer event unit which required a minimum IPH in excess of 138,000 for under level 100 and 367,000 for over level 100. Add in that given their small base size it is highly doubtful they could have gotten their IPH up to these levels in any case. How do they legitimately have this unit in their inventory?

How do they legitimately possess a “riptide runner” which is the 20 hit rare drop boss loot from the maps with only 3 missions completed and required units which they do not possess, let alone having the buildings to unlock those units?

I did take note of the 405 “Sea Destroyer” indestructible units in their inventory as I remember a particular player with this precise number of units; however they were last seen at Level 200 with Special Ops ranking. There were additional high stat Gold units in the inventory that also looked familiar however these can often be purchased from the after battle screens.

Reason for reporting player as suspicious:
Considering the explicit statement that resets are not possible and observing the various anomalies I reported the player as a Gold/Money/XP hacker.

I received the usual response about investigating.

Now as the player is still around (attacked again) I asked a reply question and enquired if this was an account set up for a special purpose, no response.

The obvious conclusion is the player has been deemed “legitimate” by Gree.

Therefore I have submitted this set of questions to the Support team in relation to this player.

1. How can a player be at level 133 with only 1590 XP related interactions? This means they received an average experience of approximately 300 per attack or raid which is around 15 times higher than the maximum XP that can be gained by a genuine Level 133 player.

2. How can a player have the limited (500 only) unit awarded for the Elite Commander event when the minimum number of attacks required to be awarded the unit was higher than 1070?

3. How can a player with a base size less than 16 squares have been able to get the Profiteer event unit (1000 total awarded)? The IPH for the sub level 100 was 138k and the Level 100 plus group was 367K.

4. How can a player with 3 missions completed (and having 2x Desert Soldiers and 1x Desert Leader clearly indicates what map the missions came from) have in their unit makeup a Riptide Runner which is the rare drop Boss Loot from the Inner City Canal map and requires twenty hits to achieve the chance at such a unit?

5. Follow on to question 4. How does a player have in their unit makeup a loot item which they do not have either the prerequisite buildings or any of the mission pre-requisite units?

6. How does a player have ONLY the top prize from various box/crate events and NONE of the sub units which must have been awarded for them to legitimately hold this unit in their inventory?

7. Has your Company at any time received a request from a legitimate player to reset their account OR to close out one account and transfer units and funds to another account?

8. Has your Company at any time permitted a player to start (or restart) a game at a level higher than level 1?

A Legitimate Player?
If I had to guess at this identity being held by a legitimate player then first “suspect” would be Stephen (Speedump) with a reset account, second would a “General Insane” reincarnation, with the third possibility being that a member of P.U.N is also an employee of Gree.

But this does not avoid the simple fact that NO player can possibly have all the special items this player has (my guess would be less than a dozen players hold this specific set of special units) and be a legitimate game player WITHOUT having had an account reset which means that Gree has a serious ethics issue as they have permitted some players to reset accounts whilst explicitly stating this is not possible in the Help files directly linked to the game.

If a player has requested and been permitted to amend an account then that is fine SO LONG AS THIS OPPORTUNITY IS OPEN TO ALL. If not, then it is little more than Gree permitting what I would define as "selective hacking" of the game in that it PERMITS some people an advantage closed to the majority of game players.

The only other conclusion I could come to is that the Support team is utterly incompetent in identifying hackers and cheats.

I await their response with a keen interest...........

Thunder Child
10-07-2012, 11:44 PM
Disturbingly awesome read... I too await news on this. Shame the decay of this fine game continues....

Poopenshire
10-08-2012, 12:34 AM
Once again it looks either the heads are being turned to ignore this or Greed has really started to kick the ethics bucket.
At this point we all know CCM or some other mod will either ignore this, lock it and give the usual BS statement, or pass the buck.
O think at this point we are done with the policy of no comment. Someone needs to speak up with answers for once.

JohnnyR
10-08-2012, 01:20 AM
Curiouser and curiouser....

mickymacirl
10-08-2012, 03:09 AM
Yep, there is an increase in "modified accounts" over the last week or so.

Also, it's still possible to buy gold at about 50% reduction using non-itunes account methods, .i.e illegally.

chimera69
10-08-2012, 05:43 AM
The response time from Gree looking into these hackers (or any other issue, for that matter) has been extremely slow. I fear it's going to dramatically worsen now that they have a fourth game - Monsters Age - but still the same number of support staff.

Gambit12
10-08-2012, 06:29 AM
I don't think he's a legit.. i already send CCM screenshots about his stats & inventory yesterday...

Philoe Beddoe
10-08-2012, 06:42 AM
Yep, there is an increase in "modified accounts" over the last week or so.

Also, it's still possible to buy gold at about 50% reduction using non-itunes account methods, .i.e illegally.

If you care to see how this is done take a look at the crime city thread titled Indians...RIP

What's crazy is CC players seem to think its ok to buy a vault of 1500 gold at $20 then also get gold bonus on top of that. Crazy! It is certainly a cheat in the system and I will be detailing it all out later today.

Hivesy
10-08-2012, 06:49 AM
An interesting but disturbing read Q Raider. I think you've brought this to enough of our attentions now, we ALL wait to hear what the outcome will be.....please keep us in the loop.

Interesting news today that might mean Gree top brass have their attentions elsewhere:

GREE has announced the signing of four additional North America-based indie devlopers for its mobile games platform.
Independent studios Enders Fund, Fathom Interactive, Fifth Column, and FreezeTag will each publish games on GREE’s social gaming network.
“We’re very focused on working with indie talent here at GREE and we’re committed to helping these guys succeed,” said GREE’s senior vice president of developer relations and marketing Eros Resmini. “We know each of these guys is different. Some need the technology and some want to leverage our know-how — we’re happy to help them however we can.”
GREE signed another quartet of indie devs back in August.
Along with supporting indies, the push to compile development talent outside of its base in Japan affirms the company’s continued mission to see its platform go global as well.

Philoe Beddoe
10-08-2012, 06:58 AM
Exactly the gold hack exploits Gree uses of a global system for currency purchases

BigD@wg
10-08-2012, 08:08 AM
It's sad but I would imagine you will get the standard locked thread with the customary no comment from the mods and a blind eye turned by support.

PIRATE JUSTICE
10-08-2012, 09:09 AM
There are many cheaters and hackers in this game.
The one you encountered was NOT a hacker.
We continue to play this game.
We continue to spend real money to play this game.
You will continue to encounter other players with great stats.
However, you need to refine your skills of discernment and improve your ability to determine US from THEM.
What you encountered was one of US.
We encounter THEM, too.
We aggressively work with the Gree authorities and report THEM, when we encounter THEM.
Gree does ban THEM.
I suggest that in game reporting is far more effective in shutting THEM down, than anonymous forum posting.
Hail PUN!

Lawyer
10-08-2012, 09:33 AM
I have fully read the threads and researched the alleged exploit. It exists and is not that difficult. Personally I do not buy any gold but if I was a gold player utilizing the non exploit method of purchase I would feel cheated.

JohnnyR
10-08-2012, 11:28 AM
However, you need to refine your skills of discernment and improve your ability to determine US from THEM.
We encounter THEM, too.
We aggressively work with the Gree authorities and report THEM, when we encounter THEM.
Gree does ban THEM.
I suggest that in game reporting is far more effective in shutting THEM down, than anonymous forum posting.
Hail PUN!

No need to refine skills of discernment, Q simply shared observations and a few possible theories.

So how does 3 missions complete earn those units? Sounds like a game reset like Q stated, which is funny for the fact that GREE denies doing this.

The real question is this: whether GREE approved or not is this right? Can friends of the Tour de France promoters ride mopeds in the race while everyone else is cyclinging their ass off? Doesn't feel right...

Poopenshire
10-08-2012, 11:40 AM
No need to refine skills of discernment, Q simply shared observations and a few possible theories.

So how does 3 missions complete earn those units? Sounds like a game reset like Q stated, which is funny for the fact that GREE denies doing this.

The real question is this: whether GREE approved or not is this right? Can friends of the Tour de France promoters ride mopeds in the race while everyone else is cyclinging their ass off?

Whatever the case, this feels rigged.

I have to agree with JohnnyR here. regardless of whether this player is a Pirate or Pirate Friend doesn't matter. We do know there have been suspect PUN who either left or were removed for various "reasons". the numbers in this instance do not add up, as no amount of gold can gain you these units with out completing missions. simpling buying energy refills does not remove the need to complete the missions, unless there is something fishy going on here.

JohnnyR
10-08-2012, 03:11 PM
Thanks Poop, haven't been here a while so not aware of any bans or disappearances, kinda hope this isn't the case here as PUN has been a force for good in several issues of the past.

I have to say, in fairness, there probably is a good explanation for whatever this is. I remember the "cloak" a while back and all the Pirates in on it-I figured it was hoax from the start as it was too obvious. This seems the same. Pirates ain't dumb and if they would cheat (not saying they are), it wouldn't be this easy to spot.

GREE might not OFFER account resets as a general rule, but could be special circumstance here. I know a few players were wrongly banned by GREE in the past, maybe these units are a part of an account reset with compensation.

Q Raider
10-08-2012, 04:17 PM
Hello Pirate Justice, thank you for dropping by and commenting as I hoped one of your group would do.

In relation to the above section of your post. This means you know the player I am referring to and that you consider them to be a LEGITIMATE player of the game and to abide by the Game rules as they apply to the majority of players. In addition, you have indicated there are flaws in my ability to determine US from THEM and that I should have been able to determine THIS player was legitimate.

Therefore could you take the time to educate myself and I expect many others by answering at least some of the questions in my opening post as to how a player with this setup can be a LEGITIMATE player within the rules of the game and thus point out the flaws in my logic and in the process?

Because the simple fact is that IF you cannot do this then this player CANNOT be considered a LEGITIMATE player within the context of the game which makes your "US" and "THEM" comment a moot point. An advantage gained by a small minority which is not generally available to others (eg Game reset, of any parameter) is, within the context of the game, simply a different type of "cheat".
We encounter THEM, too.
Gree does ban THEM.

Well as my ID is in my signature it's hardly "anonymous" ;) , however with respect to the in-game reporting I agree.......except in this particular case I was pretty certain that the player was NOT going to be removed...
Hail PUN!

Hopefully you will provide a better response to my questions than that provided by the support team. All I currently have received is the standard "How would you rate the support you received" email......

Hello Johnny R
An account reset is probably the only valid explanation for this situation but the reset should be done so there are no oddities such as those I observed. Combine the non-informative response that you receive from Support with seeing a couple of "compensated" accounts remaining after being reported and most players will say "Why bother".

JohnnyR
10-08-2012, 06:19 PM
Q:

Going through your numbered points I'm even more sure this is a Pirate reicarnate as you suggested, however I do see differently regarding fairness. I seem to remember a VERY heavy gold spender here complaining about a ban for supposed fake gold. It turned out all of it was bought legitamately with receipts as proof. It could be that GREE wiped an account and that account was found to be legit, and this is his new starting point. The 405 units you mentioned being an exact match for another pirate support this in a way (ain't a whole lot of pirates to begin with, doubtful they'd have similar unit makeups). Regarding crates, the only valuable units are the top rares which would be given back without regards to the commons.

My guess: wrongfully wiped account made whole.

PIRATE JUSTICE
10-09-2012, 01:41 AM
I speak for no one but myself. And, I don't speak about me. Gree owns this game. Gree operates the support and report mechanisms. I suggest you inquire of Gree, and not of me. I reiterate, everyone would be wise refine their skills of discernment. Here's a hint, hackers rarely attack, pirates regularly attack.

Mksound
10-09-2012, 05:15 AM
Thus he doesn't know and response is a cop out.

My guess is not legit player. Not even close. I'd keep reporting him daily till they respond properly.

Fl@sh
10-09-2012, 05:30 AM
I don't think the purpose of this thread should be to judge the player mentioned, it should be about the ethics of GREE. If the player was wrongfully banned, GREE did not do their due diligence in investigating the player. Perhaps Q would be better served not mentioning the players name next time.

dokinus
10-09-2012, 05:33 AM
@PIRATE JUSTICE, then do you have any other way of telling what a hacker/cheater..pls tell me more.

Q Raider
10-09-2012, 06:06 AM
I don't think the purpose of this thread should be to judge the player mentioned, it should be about the ethics of GREE. If the player was wrongfully banned, GREE did not do their due diligence in investigating the player. Perhaps Q would be better served not mentioning the players name next time.

Correct Flash, the target is not the player, it is the facilitators of the game.

I did consider things carefully prior to deciding to put an actual name in, originally it was just a referral to the player having the name of a "well known group" within the game. Then figured that it was basically saying the same thing and I was actually hoping to get a response from the P.U.N. guys on this....well I did.....sort of.

Simple fact is that Gree Support, apart from the initial cut and paste response, followed by the "issue resolved" and "how did we do" emails have provided nothing in regard to what I feel are valid questions to ask of the game operators considering that what can be observed regarding a players game profile cannot be explained within the rules of the game.

PIRATE JUSTICE
10-09-2012, 08:51 AM
Forum rules prohibit naming other players. Ethically, the person calling out another player should be the one receiving a forum sanction.I draw your attention to an admonishment from a moderator's rules of decorum for the forum. "Reveal your or anyone else's personal information."

Fl@sh
10-09-2012, 09:16 AM
Forum rules prohibit naming other players. Ethically, the person calling out another player should be the one receiving a forum sanction.I draw your attention to an admonishment from a moderator's rules of decorum for the forum. "Reveal your or anyone else's personal information."I respectfully disagree. If game name or ID qualifies, then 90% of forum members will be violating this rule in their signature. However, revealing a players game name is something that should be carefully considered before posting, which Q stated he did.

PIRATE JUSTICE
10-09-2012, 09:20 AM
I respectfully disagree. If game name or ID qualifies, then 90% of forum members will be violating this rule in their signature. However, revealing a players game name is something that should be carefully considered before posting, which Q stated he did.

You are free to disagree all you wish.

The rule explicitly states that personal information should not be posted about others.

The alleged player's name was posted, in addition to a great deal of that player's personal information.

I'll leave the decision on these alleged violations up to the moderator(s).

That is one of the reasons Gree employs them.

Fl@sh
10-09-2012, 09:36 AM
I was just stating how the rule states "YOUR or another players info" Many players have information like this in their signature. I would qualify personal info as address, tel #, etc.

Ryans67
10-09-2012, 09:56 AM
Oh now the pirates are big on the rules? Kinda goes against all things pirate ehh? lol.

BigD@wg
10-09-2012, 10:03 AM
With the false advertisement of 40% gold sales on twitter offered only as a way to bait low level players, countless non-helpful vague responses from support, countless hacks & cheats (not directed at the fore mentioned on this thread), and the overall lack of clarity on everything.... The answer is simple...
Gree has no integrity and is completely unethical!

Fl@sh
10-09-2012, 10:11 AM
Maybe you are theNo, but lets stay on topic. Is GREE ethical in the way they do business? Was this player wrongfully banned?

PIRATE JUSTICE
10-09-2012, 10:41 AM
No, but lets stay on topic. Is GREE ethical in the way they do business? Was this player wrongfully banned?

I will obey the forum rules, and refuse to discuss the personal details of other players.

If anyone feels that Gree has failed to behave properly, they are free to exercise their right to choose.

Choose what, you might ask?

Why, choose to extinguish your patronage, if you are dissatisfied with the services, products, or goods provided.

Maverick50727
10-09-2012, 10:45 AM
Q,
Yes I agree about not stating a players name in the thread so maybe you should just edit that out.

But you definitely made your case and anyone trying to defend this from either a forum or support side needs to do some better explaining.

Crime City Mark
10-09-2012, 10:56 AM
This player has been reported to me and I conducted an investigation yesterday. I've spoken to the support team about this and it's being looked into.

albeezy
10-09-2012, 11:01 AM
This player has been reported to me and I conducted an investigation yesterday. I've spoken to the support team about this and it's being looked into.
If you have done an investigation what is the support team supposed to look into? LOL No response necessary CCM

BigD@wg
10-09-2012, 11:10 AM
If you have done an investigation what is the support team supposed to look into? LOL No response necessary CCM

Hahahahahahahaha! Nice one!

Crime City Mark
10-09-2012, 11:24 AM

Because my investigation came up with some questions that I couldn't answer, so I've asked the support team to do some research.

Poopenshire
10-09-2012, 11:26 AM
Point goes to CCM.

Score:

CCM - 1
Albeezy - 0

But seriously, this is a very confusing situation.

albeezy
10-09-2012, 11:28 AM
Because my investigation came up with some questions that I couldn't answer, so I've asked the support team to do some research.

Sounds good and sorry I couldnt help myself. I am really bad about doing that! Thanks for looking into it! Any additional or new discoveries on the assault bear and guerilla striker units not working? Support still swears that they are working. Apparently they are not on the same page as you are...

EDIT: @ POOPER I did not know CCM and I were competing for points. CCM guess we should play to 7 by 1's! Make it take it! LOL

Speed ump
10-09-2012, 11:35 AM
Ryans, The Pirates follow the rules more than most players do. Dont mistake following the rules for following the leader. Just because we have created different ways to play than most others, which do not cross any set rules, dont be jealous because you havnt played the game as well as we have. learn from it, dont hate it.

Fl@sh
10-09-2012, 11:41 AM
Speed ump - 1
Ryans - 0

I couldn't resist either... Haha

PIRATE JUSTICE
10-09-2012, 11:50 AM
Personal information, is personal information.

A poster in this thread has raised a great point.

Unless the rule is amended, posting personal information about yourself is also not allowed.

Hmmm, I think clarification is in order.

Crime City Mark
10-09-2012, 12:09 PM
Sounds good and sorry I couldnt help myself. I am really bad about doing that! Thanks for looking into it! Any additional or new discoveries on the assault bear and guerilla striker units not working? Support still swears that they are working. Apparently they are not on the same page as you are...

No worries, taking jabs at me is part of the fun, right? As for the units, they sort-of work. They just don't work on bosses. That is being fixed, and the underlying functionality of the units is being investigated.

Speed ump
10-09-2012, 12:13 PM
glad to see you involved mark. if you cant laugh at yourself , you should not be allowed to laugh at others.lol.
Thanks for awarding me the point flash.

Ryans67
10-09-2012, 12:17 PM
Ryans, The Pirates follow the rules more than most players do. Dont mistake following the rules for following the leader. Just because we have created different ways to play than most others, which do not cross any set rules, dont be jealous because you havnt played the game as well as we have. learn from it, dont hate it.

I guess the joke went over your head... More of a stab at the anarchist nature of pirates, not the "pirates" of modern war.

As for being jealous? lol, I could care less how any other person plays the game...

BigD@wg
10-09-2012, 12:19 PM

I don't think Ryans was stating that the collective group known as the "pirates" in this game are breaking game rules. I think he was trying to make a joke based on the literal definition of the word "pirate" as is one who engages in a criminal act of violence or robbery. I'm not sure but that was how I took it.

BigD@wg
10-09-2012, 12:22 PM
Well Ryans beat me too it

@ryans. I got your joke but it obviously could have been misconstrued due to the nature of the topic. :)

Fl@sh
10-09-2012, 12:23 PM
glad to see you involved mark. if you cant laugh at yourself , you should not be allowed to laugh at others.lol.
Thanks for awarding me the point flash.

I guess the joke went over your head... More of a stab at the anarchist nature of pirates, not the "pirates" of modern war.

As for being jealous? lol, I could care less how any other person plays the game...

11 more rounds to go. Now I want to see a good clean fight. No hits below the belt...

Speed ump
10-09-2012, 12:24 PM
what, who came up with that dumb rule, how else am i supposed to hit, noew i have to change my whole strategy

albeezy
10-09-2012, 12:30 PM
No worries, taking jabs at me is part of the fun, right? As for the units, they sort-of work. They just don't work on bosses. That is being fixed, and the underlying functionality of the units is being investigated.
By sort-of-work do you mean that the Guerilla Striker with its 292/226 stats adds 292/226 to my A/D. If so you are right and I believe you that it sort-of-works.

Candidly I would say it seems Gree has a coorporate medical marijuana card if it expects me to believe that it works. I mean, how is it that they are capable of accounting for the 20% more attack from air units boost in on the server side for PVP, but magically unable to make the boost appear on the player side. I find that highly suspect and I am not buying it. Especially when the composites factory works fine and appears in the stats on the player end.

Again, no need to respond unless you can post some hard evidence proving that it works in a way different than adding to my A/D by 292/226. This is not a jab at you CCMark and my first post wasnt intended to be either. I do not program code for a living, but I have written enough code to know that if it works at the server in the same way as the composites factory (which shows in my stats), it should not be that hard to make the G-Striker Boost show in my stats. I would be more inclined to believe that it does not work on the server side and that is why it cannot be reflected in my stats.

EDIT: +1 point to CCM preemptively. Also, given the fact that the Assault Bear has been out for almost 4 months and has yet to be "fixed" as you yoruself have stated and meanwhile Gree and the support/PM team swear up and down that it works and is invisible is another reason not to believe that it works. Let's call a spade a spade and broken unit a broken unit. It either works or it doesnt. But please do not let them release another event with a unit promising this type of boost until it is fixed such that it works better than "sort-of".

~okay I have my monthly rant out of the way

BigD@wg
10-09-2012, 12:33 PM
11 more rounds to go. Now I want to see a good clean fight. No hits below the belt...

But a good kick in the region below the belt is the easiest way to win a fight :)

Speed ump
10-09-2012, 12:33 PM
albeezy, youre not smoking enough of that medical maijuana obviously, inhale a few more times, then you can see it work

albeezy
10-09-2012, 12:37 PM
albeezy, youre not smoking enough of that medical maijuana obviously, inhale a few more times, then you can see it work

HAHA I need to move to Cali I guess. I saw it work. When I received it my stats went up by 292/226. Maybe if I drop my ally count low enough that would give me a 20% boost to my attack from an air unit! LOL

BigD@wg
10-09-2012, 12:44 PM
@albeezy -

Or you could just have a few cocktails. After enough of them, you don't need to see the boost. You simply won't care anymore whether it works or not :)

albeezy
10-09-2012, 12:52 PM
@albeezy -

Or you could just have a few cocktails. After enough of them, you don't need to see the boost. You simply won't care anymore whether it works or not :)

It is more that I do not like being told something works from person A when person B is admitting it doesnt work. It also makes me less likely to want to spend gold on future events because as I pointed out to Gambit in another thread, I only do them because of the boosts. You can farm executive chinooks, transport raiders, etc. with similar or better stats for free although it is a time consuming process. The boosts are what I care about. The cloak and dagger game that Gree plays to try and avoid having to do anything about it is what bothers me.

I guess I am just tired of Gree's catch-all phrase "It's being looked into". It is as meaningless as my posts here on the Forum although my posts may have more credibility with some than Gree has...maybe not. +1 point for CCMark preemptively

EDIT: Sorry Q for mini-jacking your thread...

BigD@wg
10-09-2012, 01:23 PM
It is more that I do not like being told something works from person A when person B is admitting it doesnt work. It also makes me less likely to want to spend gold on future events because as I pointed out to Gambit in another thread, I only do them because of the boosts. You can farm executive chinooks, transport raiders, etc. with similar or better stats for free although it is a time consuming process. The boosts are what I care about. The cloak and dagger game that Gree plays to try and avoid having to do anything about it is what bothers me.

I guess I am just tired of Gree's catch-all phrase "It's being looked into". It is as meaningless as my posts here on the Forum although my posts may have more credibility with some than Gree has...maybe not. +1 point for CCMark preemptively

EDIT: Sorry Q for mini-jacking your thread...

Trust me I totally understand the frustration. I am tired of all the lack of support in Gree Support. I do the 10 item events for same reason as you (for the boosts). And when they don't work....it is quite disheartening to know you spent money on a broken item. First line of my sig says it all I think.

Q- I also apologize for the hijacking! Unintentional!

Q Raider
10-09-2012, 02:17 PM
Forum rules prohibit naming other players. Ethically, the person calling out another player should be the one receiving a forum sanction.I draw your attention to an admonishment from a moderator's rules of decorum for the forum. "Reveal your or anyone else's personal information."

Point 1: The post has already been modified by CCM.

Point 2: Under the Privacy Act of my Country I have not revealed information which is of a "personal" nature. The information I listed falls into the category of "non-identifiable data". A person would have to be in possession of the master list to be able to link any of the information I provided to any data which can be categorized as "personal" under the Privacy Act.

Speed ump
10-09-2012, 02:33 PM
Oh my lord, now we need to watch out for homeland security too I suppose. As long as they dont call out the fashion police. I haven't updated my pirate wardrobe in eons.

PIRATE JUSTICE
10-09-2012, 02:59 PM
Yes, I know it well, as I hold the QC designation. Yes, it's gone now, but I can still wear my pretty white wig and that neat black dress before the bench. I also own a home outside of Canberra.
Point 1: The post has already been modified by CCM.Point 2: Under the Privacy Act of my Country I have not revealed information which is of a "personal" nature. The information I listed falls into the category of "non-identifiable data". A person would have to be in possession of the master list to be able to link any of the information I provided to any data which can be categorized as "personal" under the Privacy Act.

Q Raider
10-09-2012, 03:05 PM
Oh my lord, now we need to watch out for homeland security too I suppose. As long as they dont call out the fashion police. I haven't updated my pirate wardrobe in eons.

Well apparently there are Pirates about Speedump.....can't be too careful you know... ;)

Actually just got "called" on a post....thus felt obliged to respond.....

BTW you have obviously bought WAYYYY to many Pink Trees cause you haven't appeared in the Rival lists for quite a while:p

Never mind, I still know "the crew" are around as they drop by to say "Hello" quite regularly :eek:

Speed ump
10-09-2012, 03:08 PM
Pirates? There's pirates in these waters? Where? I don't believe it.

Q Raider
10-09-2012, 03:15 PM
Pirates? There's pirates in these waters? Where? I don't believe it.

Certainly are.....

Though I guess I should refer to them by their correct names...... "Hackers" and a sub group called "Gold Cheats".

Fl@sh
10-09-2012, 03:17 PM
Certainly are.....

Though I guess I should refer to them by their correct names...... "Hackers" and a sub group called "Gold Cheats".
I'm gonna have to dock you a point for a hit below the belt on that one... Haha

dthfrmabv
10-09-2012, 03:21 PM
what, who came up with that dumb rule, how else am i supposed to hit, noew i have to change my whole strategy

Damn if you do that would you still be considered a "pirate" lol... j/k please pelase dont hit me...

Q Raider
10-09-2012, 03:28 PM
I'm gonna have to dock you a point for a hit below the belt on that one... Haha

:eek:
Just re read my last post and can see what you mean.;)

Ah well, think Speedump knows what I meant.......if not then I guess I will be hosting that "party" he referred to on another thread.:p

Fl@sh
10-09-2012, 03:38 PM
Just get a few level 10 guard towers. It's the ONLY thing pirates are afraid of... Lol

Speed ump
10-09-2012, 03:54 PM
Only if the towers are flying pink flags. Now q, I know I have said this time and again. Pirates dont cheat, never have, never will. I catch you cheating, I'll turn you in myself. That doesn't mean we can spend huge sums of money, and if you want to call that cheating, then we have a diff definition of the word. Gree certainly encourages spending, and this has all been discussed many times. Just because someone doesn't understand the world is round and not flat, doesn't make the world flat. What we do is find new and interesting ways to have fun. ( that means interesting for us, maybe not for everyone)

Poopenshire
10-09-2012, 04:04 PM
We are starting to sound like a bunch of Crime City cry babies. They were having a fit about "cheaters" for the last 2 days. ended up being nothing but a bunch of BS and to be honest it was fun to jump and stir the pot a little.

Crime City Mark
10-09-2012, 04:13 PM
So, let's square some things away. We can consider these items to have basically 2 functions, broken down 3 ways:

Function 1 is the stat boost they provide.
Function 2 is the bonus they provide to other units.

Way 1 is the bonuses and boost showing up on your profile.
Way 2 is the bonuses working in PVP.
Way 3 is the bonuses working on bosses.

So, to put it plainly, the stats for the unit show up but the bonuses don't. The stats and bonus work for PVP. The bonuses do not work on bosses right now, but are being fixed. The stats of the unit do work on bosses.

Now, there is another issue at hand here that is causing some perception issues that I can't really elaborate on at this time, but we're looking into it. I have another meeting with the PM team next week where I'll be bringing this up.

That's all of the information I can give out at this time.

Poopenshire
10-09-2012, 04:14 PM
Thats alot more information then before thanks for the update.

Dr. Dengus
10-09-2012, 04:18 PM
The stats and bonus work for PVP.

In solely determining a win or a loss I'd assume? Thanks for the clarification though, hope ya'll get those unit-boost units working as they should should soon.

Q Raider
10-09-2012, 04:35 PM
Only if the towers are flying pink flags. Now q, I know I have said this time and again. Pirates dont cheat, never have, never will. I catch you cheating, I'll turn you in myself. That doesn't mean we can spend huge sums of money, and if you want to call that cheating, then we have a diff definition of the word. Gree certainly encourages spending, and this has all been discussed many times. Just because someone doesn't understand the world is round and not flat, doesn't make the world flat. What we do is find new and interesting ways to have fun. ( that means interesting for us, maybe not for everyone)

I would probably be the last person to criticise a person for spending money on the game. This is a personal choice and not the focus of this thread.

There are several genuine behind the scenes issues going on and the account I noted as "anomalous" NEEDED to be reported as a result.

I have just returned from eight weeks in Russia. Whilst there I was made aware of certain "advantages" which could be gained within a whole myriad of games (and very expensive programs) should one choose to do so. One of those mechanisms was "Gold Hacking" of which there are several options including actual game hacking, illegally accessing I-tunes to make fake purchases or by obtaining higher level purchases for "heavily discounted" amounts.

I am not interested in such activities thus the conversation went no further (though in hindsight I probably should have gotten some details to forward to Gree....)

When I spotted this account with the noted anomalies then it needed clarification.

Now I have received a reply from Gree on points 7 and 8 which indicate that they do receive requests from players to reset their accounts and "in very special circumstances" those accounts are rest with this being defined as "something broken" with their account.

Obviously such account resets leave players subject to further scrutiny as they no longer conform to the "normal requirements" of the game.

I have therefore sent a reply asking if it is possible to put in some form of identifier into the game name to indicate that the player has had an account reset. To the best of my knowledge this section is not able to be accessed or modified by anyone other than people within Gree.

Ranger4Life
10-09-2012, 06:51 PM
So, let's square some things away. We can consider these items to have basically 2 functions, broken down 3 ways:

Function 1 is the stat boost they provide.
Function 2 is the bonus they provide to other units.

Way 1 is the bonuses and boost showing up on your profile.
Way 2 is the bonuses working in PVP.
Way 3 is the bonuses working on bosses.

So, to put it plainly, the stats for the unit show up but the bonuses don't. The stats and bonus work for PVP. The bonuses do not work on bosses right now, but are being fixed. The stats of the unit do work on bosses.

Now, there is another issue at hand here that is causing some perception issues that I can't really elaborate on at this time, but we're looking into it. I have another meeting with the PM team next week where I'll be bringing this up.

That's all of the information I can give out at this time.

I did tests before and after receiving the G-Striker that clearly showed that it didn't work in PVP.

At this point I think the only option would be to allow players with the defective unit to trade it for a different 10 item bonus unit.

JohnnyR
10-09-2012, 10:47 PM
Mark, not picking on ya-but this new wave of thread lockage feels arbitrary...

4 month old crate event thread: irrelevant, out of date, totally useless, yet surprisingly-OPEN!
Maverick's Boss Loot Thread: useful, revered members posting, cutting edge-LOCKED!
Name the Player: Popular, entertaining, finding new life in it's element at OT-LOCKED!

Selfproclaimed
10-09-2012, 11:04 PM
I didn't even think mavericks was an old thread because it was in the FAQS. I figured all the threads in the FAQS were popular active threads. I was discussing with him the value of information he's got.

Speed ump
10-10-2012, 05:08 AM
I was surprised that my pirates only got locked. It was, in my mind at least, meant to have a little fun. Looks like the nw way to lock one is to send it down to the off topic area. Guess the general discussions needs to be renamed modern war game subject discussions only.no biggy, just annoying.

Fl@sh
10-10-2012, 05:38 AM
I was surprised that my pirates only got locked. It was, in my mind at least, meant to have a little fun. Looks like the nw way to lock one is to send it down to the off topic area. Guess the general discussions needs to be renamed modern war game subject discussions only.no biggy, just annoying.The ugly white background is annoying too.