PDA

View Full Version : How You Came Up With Your Forum Name Part 2

Ghost818
10-07-2012, 01:01 AM
A long long time ago when this forum was a peaceful and slightly more informative place, I made the father figure of this thread. We do have a lot of new faces here since last time, so I won't necro it.

I think it would be interesting to know how everyone came up with their forum name. After all it is what leaves the first impression.

I'll go first, IRL people know me by Ghostly hence Ghost, and 818 is my area code.

Link to first thread- http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?23317-How-You-Came-Up-With-Your-Forum-Name

Khayman
10-07-2012, 01:06 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khayman

My nick in all internet stuff. Metallurgical spaniard IRL.

Ragmondino
10-07-2012, 01:17 AM
My mates call me y-rag, or raggy. So I tried to Italian mafia it up. Not to sure if it worked though.

TonySpaghetti
10-07-2012, 02:01 AM
My real name is Anthony, but I wanted to make it more Italian. And what's more Italian than spaghetti? Even though, technically, its Chinese.

Paulio
10-07-2012, 02:03 AM
My real name is Paul. In college, my friends called me Paulio (Paul-e-oh) as a term of endearment. The name stuck.

Feng1234
10-07-2012, 02:07 AM
FengYun stands for Wind and Cloud in Mandarin Chinese.

Nudie
10-07-2012, 02:07 AM
My real name is Nudie :p

Harry Tuttle
10-07-2012, 03:16 AM
Harry Tuttle is a character played by Robert DeNiro (that's his pic in my avatar) in one of my favorite movies - "Brazil" directed by Terry Gilliam (from Monty Python). The whole character attitude seemed to fit ("I came into this game for the action, the excitement. Go anywhere, travel light, get in, get out, wherever there's trouble, a man alone. Now they got the whole country sectioned off, you can't make a move without a form.") CC and I carried it over to MW.

iteachem
10-07-2012, 06:09 AM
Teacher by profession.. 17 years know.. Just updated profile pic with some artwork created by a student of mine

Plux
10-07-2012, 06:31 AM
In August 2011 I discovered Crime City, my usual game name is Shemyaza however I chose to step away from my more well known ID. Plux came to mind while being shown the game and how it works by my fellow player Pluxfan 2 known as the powerful Penarol Uruguay in-game. I joined the forum the following month and in that time through ups downs ups and vast analysis with teaching from the Great First one, Duder during the first steps into the game. Plux came out of the blue as I had seen something about Plux Plasmids and Plux promoters in biological gene research linked with a company I was looking into so it stuck and Plux was born.

TRAZ
10-07-2012, 06:32 AM
Loved the TV show Farscape. There was a ship caled Talon in it. I've used the game handle Talon Razor ever since when playing all sorts of games. Just decided to shorten it to TRAZ for ease of logging in. I'm sooo lazy when it comes to that.

Someone else had a blast with it during the rat wars as well, since I crazy fluctuate my mafia below 500 a lot. :)

PawnXIIX
10-07-2012, 06:50 AM
In 2006 or 2007 I was playing a game called Pawn and 3 letter names were considered really cool. My first name was XIX but then my kill/death ratio was not where I wanted it to be. I created a second account and put a second 'I' in the middle. Now I just run with this name everywhere :p

iteachem
10-07-2012, 07:17 AM
LMFAO

17 years NOW you mean... Mr. grammar Nazi!

Maybe you will learn to spell in another 17 yrs?

This is what is wrong with our education system

Yup I made a grammatical error.... you got me....good for you. Aside from that, will personally step up take responsibility for all that is wrong with the educational system. My colleagues and I must be doing something wrong to be creating and churning out all these intellectual morons on the forum who post under fake accounts.

SinSir
10-07-2012, 07:20 AM
I'm a sincere person.

Plus I've been knighted by the crime city king.

So I'm Sinsir.

Luciferianism
10-07-2012, 07:25 AM
In game name Lucifer, that was taken on the forum, hence Luciferianism.

HenryVIII
10-07-2012, 07:56 AM
HenryVIII, trying to think of a nice, sincere, loving husband/father figure. But normally Gromerian is Internet name.

Helmi88
10-07-2012, 08:09 AM
Yup I made a grammatical error.... you got me....good for you. Aside from that, will personally step up take responsibility for all that is wrong with the educational system. My colleagues and I must be doing something wrong to be creating and churning out all these intellectual morons on the forum who post under fake accounts. hahaha . Epic ! You need to start teach them about maturity and how to make a proper troll .

Auxilium
10-07-2012, 08:13 AM
Auxilium is latin for 'Help'. In a previous game i was helping new people around so decided to take a suiting name.

I'm also using Diabolic if i'm on a rampage.

diabolic [ˌdaɪəˈbɒlɪk]
adj
1. of, relating to, or proceeding from the devil; satanic
2. befitting a devil; extremely cruel or wicked; fiendish
3. very difficult or unpleasant

Philoe Beddoe
10-07-2012, 08:23 AM
From the movie obviously

It's ok Capt Rum

When I talk to iteachem I feel like I'm lecturing an empty chair

iteachem
10-07-2012, 08:25 AM
From the movie obviously

It's ok Capt Rum

When I talk to iteachem I feel like I'm lecturing an empty chair

That was actually funny... but I don't believe you have every talked to me unless you have another account

TruthHurts
10-07-2012, 10:19 AM
My name is simple, TruthHurts because the truth hurts.

http://i1149.photobucket.com/albums/o595/CCTruthHurts/e2630e96ae08caa6ffa22ae2141c4fae_zps6c23da59.jpg

Ghost818
10-07-2012, 10:23 AM
Cool nice stories guys:) keep em coming.

mnju_03
10-07-2012, 10:29 AM
mnjew was taken.

Giedrius
10-07-2012, 10:34 AM
My is very simple: Forum name is my first name, in game name- my initials.

BigD@wg
10-07-2012, 10:39 AM
University of Georgia Bulldogs - The DAWGS

Quirt
10-07-2012, 11:36 AM
I'm not very original -- stole my name from a movie character; said character has nothing to do with the mafia - I just liked the name (movie) and the actor (John Wayne) --- I'm sure I'm dating myself now :P (and no, its not because no girls will date me :-D
I will say the movie I stole the name "Quirt" from was made "decades" before I was born so I'm not THAT old :P Still prolly one of the geezers in CC tho'

iteachem - thanks for all you do here in the forums and in RL. My mother was a teacher for 33 years and my sister is a teacher atm so I know you don't get summers off :-) or enough respect (or pay) for what you do. Teachers are invaluable otherwise all we'd need are libraries --- well the Internet :-D I mean the Internet is a great teacher right? lmao :-D

iteachem
10-07-2012, 02:14 PM
=Like be a member of the asshat indian club and work at a guaranteed job factory

= Really, hmm cause usually when the teachers/strippers are grinding me, they call ME the ATM

A lot of anger my friend.... Feeling left out and neglected? Longing for some weekend attention? Enjoy your stay (however brief it may be)

Ghost818
10-07-2012, 02:15 PM
=Like be a member of the asshat indian club and work at a guaranteed job factory

= Really, hmm cause usually when the teachers/strippers are grinding me, they call ME the ATM
I understand you have the urge realllly badly to troll, but I have almost always tried to steer clear of your kind. I have not once hurt you, so please don't derail my thread. Thanks.

Carmine74
10-07-2012, 04:16 PM
Carmine sounds like a Mafia name to me, it was taken on the forums so I added 74.

Ghost818
10-07-2012, 11:50 PM
^ the sopranos lol

Hacksaw Paul
10-08-2012, 10:50 AM
My RL name is Paul, but that's by no means a gangster style name, so I remembered that bad ass dude Hatchet Harry from the film Lock stock and two smoking barrels (Great film by BTW, IMO), since I did not what to copy that name Hacksaw Paul was born😁

buddylee
10-08-2012, 11:58 AM
I picked up Buddylee as a handle playing Counter Strike in college. That game had the ability to spray paint over someone you just schooled. Buddylee just stuck after that I guess.

sexkitteh
10-08-2012, 12:07 PM
I was using tapjoy for another game and downloaded CC... I didn't think the game was going to be fun and I thought I was going to quite so I didn't put any thought into the name... I had just gotten sum ;) and I was on the bed playing with the phone when my stupid cat scratched me...

So I had 2 things on the mind... sex... and BAD KITTEH RAWR!!!... so I wrote sexkitteh... and then I found the forum. So I thought the obvious thing to do was to use my in game name as my forum name for association purposes... then realized anonymity is the secret weapon in this game... or maybe the way not to become someones 24/7 target... so

now I'm only sexkitteh on this forum...

I regret the name... it's a stupid name... oh well....