PDA

View Full Version : Crime City Mark at NYCC!

Crime City Mark
10-05-2012, 03:45 PM
Hey all,

I'm going to be attending NYCC this year. I'll be going by myself, and not as a company representative, but I will be doing an offsite meetup.

I'll be at http://hudsonyardscafe.com/ from ~12pm to ~3pm on Saturday 10/13. I'll stay later if a lot of people show up, and if crowds are an issue we can venture further afield. I'll have my phone / iPad and will be on the forums constantly and will be updating. I'll bring as many shirts for CC, MW, and KA as I can pack.

Anyone who shows up at the meetup or just finds me at NYCC will get a shirt (Supplies limited) and an in-game item of my choosing.

I'll try to bring as many shirts as I can for each game, but I can't promise everyone will get a shirt that fits or is for their game or even get a shirt at all.

mxz
10-05-2012, 03:51 PM
Hmm, don't think I could make it until 4 maybe 5...pity. :(

Have fun, everyone!

Babytway
10-05-2012, 04:05 PM
pretty cool of you CCM,

The Billionaire
10-05-2012, 04:16 PM
Any chance of coming to the UK? lol I'm sure a number of us would come and see you. Keep up the good work CCM!

Crime City Mark
10-05-2012, 04:25 PM
Any chance of coming to the UK? lol I'm sure a number of us would come and see you. Keep up the good work CCM!

There is always a chance, but I don't have anything international on my calendar right now.

Jtstar7439
10-05-2012, 04:44 PM
Free shirt and in game item? I will have to try n make it lol. I'm not sure if your from the city but if you need any information on anything feel free to ask.

Feng1234
10-05-2012, 05:22 PM
How about Australia? I want free in game item.

PawnXIIX
10-05-2012, 08:11 PM
Hey all,

I'm going to be attending NYCC this year. I'll be going by myself, and not as a company representative, but I will be doing an offsite meetup.

I'll be at http://hudsonyardscafe.com/ from ~12pm to ~3pm on Saturday 10/13. I'll stay later if a lot of people show up, and if crowds are an issue we can venture further afield. I'll have my phone / iPad and will be on the forums constantly and will be updating. I'll bring as many shirts for CC, MW, and KA as I can pack.

Anyone who shows up at the meetup or just finds me at NYCC will get a shirt (Supplies limited) and an in-game item of my choosing.

I'll try to bring as many shirts as I can for each game, but I can't promise everyone will get a shirt that fits or is for their game or even get a shirt at all.

You're not going on Sunday? D:

Zdragon
10-05-2012, 08:19 PM
What about others or the rest of the world? When are you gonna come to London, UK or Australia etc... So that we can get a free in app item as well or something?!

Hey all,

mxz
10-05-2012, 08:53 PM
You're not going on Sunday? D:Would be much better. I'd buy CCM (and you...and pretty much anyone else I recognized) a beer if this was Sunday.

-JAY-THE-ROBBER-
10-06-2012, 12:06 AM
Thats pretty cool and groovy to do stuff like that
P.R. Is important not many games ever did that

Auxilium
10-06-2012, 04:37 AM
I might go! Or wait, i'm from Holland.. Come to Amsterdam i would say :)

TRAZ
10-06-2012, 05:23 AM
Have a great time. Those things are a blast to attend.

PawnXIIX
10-06-2012, 07:28 AM
Times like this make me upset that my friends didn't tell me in time to buy a 3 day pass D: Ah well.

Boom
10-06-2012, 10:38 AM
What do u do at a comic con anyways..?

PawnXIIX
10-06-2012, 12:01 PM
Thats pretty cool and groovy to do stuff like that
P.R. Is important not many games ever did that

Employees from Mojang decided on their own accord to make the trip from Sweden to PAX East last year even though they decided against doing an official booth. Lydia Winters and Mark Watson were so awesome for doing that :p Sorry but...that did meet the slim criteria to trump this :p

TonySpaghetti
10-06-2012, 12:40 PM
How do I know that you won't try to get me banned there? :). Just kidding. Sounds like fun. *thinking I'm due for a roadtrip*

Ragmondino
10-07-2012, 01:15 AM
Hope the free item is no better than a nail bat.
But if it is then I'm there in spirit, does that count for me to get a free item? Bit to far to trek from Essex unfortunately

PawnXIIX
10-07-2012, 06:57 AM
CCM I'm considering coming up just for that day just to see you at the cafe :p I want an exclusive item ^^

Deluxe
10-11-2012, 07:00 AM
That sounds way too specific and there is clarity in what was stated so i would be weary, this is nothing like Gree whatsoever...i think it is a trap.

Edit: not even a giggle...? :(

Crime City Mark
10-11-2012, 03:07 PM
*Update* I'm here in NYC, getting settled in. See you all on Saturday!

mnju_03
10-11-2012, 05:21 PM
Super cool.

Jtstar7439
10-11-2012, 05:34 PM
*Update* I'm here in NYC, getting settled in. See you all on Saturday!

Welcome, if you haven't been here before the price of drinks may scare you lol.

Crime City Mark
10-12-2012, 08:55 AM
Welcome, if you haven't been here before the price of drinks may scare you lol.

Not planning on drinking while jetlagged, but I'll keep that in mind. Anyone know a good place on Times Square to grab a bite?

chbranch
10-12-2012, 09:11 AM
Not planning on drinking while jetlagged, but I'll keep that in mind. Anyone know a good place on Times Square to grab a bite?

First thing first...don't look up. New Yorkers don't look up in the air. People will know you are new.

It all depends on what you are looking for. Deli's, cafe's, gourmet, restaurants, franchises, etc. I would start off with a franchise you are familiar with and from there start out trying/sampling the different various small to large eateries.

My first stop would be a curb side hot dog. Welcome to New York.

Jtstar7439
10-12-2012, 11:41 AM

Stay out of time square its a total tourist trap. Well actually you are a tourist lol. But the food prices there are crazy. Even places like McDonald's, Fridays and other chain restaurants jack up there prices real high. There's a ton of good restaurants a little west of time square on the side streets and main avenues.

Jtstar7439
10-12-2012, 11:43 AM
First thing first...don't look up. New Yorkers don't look up in the air. People will know you are new.

It all depends on what you are looking for. Deli's, cafe's, gourmet, restaurants, franchises, etc. I would start off with a franchise you are familiar with and from there start out trying/sampling the different various small to large eateries.

My first stop would be a curb side hot dog. Welcome to New York.

Hahah so true, I hate when I'm down on canal street trying to walk around and have to dodge all the tourists staring up at all the buildings who stop in the middle of the sidewalk.

Me personally I try and avoid the dirty water dogs and street meat carts unless they are well known...,

Crime City Mark
10-12-2012, 02:23 PM
Stay out of time square its a total tourist trap. Well actually you are a tourist lol. But the food prices there are crazy. Even places like McDonald's, Fridays and other chain restaurants jack up there prices real high. There's a ton of good restaurants a little west of time square on the side streets and main avenues.

Hahaha, I'm actually staying in Time Square West.

Crime City Mark
10-12-2012, 02:25 PM
For those that can't make it, how would you like to do a skype chat later in the day?

TonySpaghetti
10-12-2012, 02:29 PM
For those that can't make it, how would you like to do a skype chat later in the day?

I'd be up for that.

Jtstar7439
10-12-2012, 02:58 PM
When your at the hudson yard will you have like a booth or something set up or do we ask for crime city mark lol?

Paulio
10-12-2012, 03:07 PM

Sounds cool. Send me the details

Dr. Dengus
10-12-2012, 03:14 PM

Never been to NY, but I've heard from buddies that you must visit Katz's Deli if you're there ....

Jtstar7439
10-12-2012, 03:16 PM
Never been to NY, but I've heard from buddies that you must visit Katz's Deli if you're there ....

Katz deli on E Houston street is great, however paying 19 dollars for a pastrami sandwich does hurt......

Patrick616
10-12-2012, 06:33 PM
Sounds Good!! How about a special item for those on the skype chat???

Crime City Mark
10-12-2012, 09:03 PM
When your at the hudson yard will you have like a booth or something set up or do we ask for crime city mark lol?

Just come in and find the one guy in a Funzio shirt with the bag full of CC, MW, and KA shirts.

Crime City Mark
10-12-2012, 09:09 PM
For the Skype chat, add crimecity.mark and we'll start at 8pm Eastern.

mxz
10-12-2012, 10:13 PM
For the Skype chat, add crimecity.mark and we'll start at 8pm Eastern.You doing that from the restaurant or still planning to scam out around around 3?

PawnXIIX
10-13-2012, 05:07 AM
Whoo today is the day. I'll be heading in on the 10:20 train from here. If I don't arrive assume I'm dead.

If all goes well, 10:20 board train, 11:07 hit Secaucas Junction, and then hopefully 11:31 hit Penn Station...should be a short walk from there.

Crime City Mark
10-13-2012, 08:08 AM
You doing that from the restaurant or still planning to scam out around around 3?

I'm still planning on heading out at 3, but we'll see. I'm going to be doing the skype from my hotel room, since I'm not bringing my laptop with me.

TonySpaghetti
10-13-2012, 08:23 AM
I'm still planning on heading out at 3, but we'll see. I'm going to be doing the skype from my hotel room, since I'm not bringing my laptop with me.

The Skype thing is today?

dthfrmabv
10-13-2012, 09:21 AM

Well depends on what you want CCM... I don't like Time Square area since its very commercialized and too many damn tourists lol... I would venture further to west side like at 10 ave, between 48 down 43 where there are a throng of good variety of joints to eat .... cya at the meet

By the way how would I recognize you?

dthfrmabv
10-13-2012, 09:22 AM
@tony yes and I believe it is at 8PM

Crime City Mark
10-13-2012, 11:01 AM
The Skype thing is today?

Yes, today at 8pm Eastern (In 6 hours).

Jtstar7439
10-13-2012, 11:34 AM
Damn I'm stuck at work, I wanted my free t shirt... Hey if your bored come up to Harlem lol.

TruthHurts
10-13-2012, 11:39 AM

You have to eat at sparks steak house. Get the filet, it melts in your mouth like butter! There is also a famous cupcake place around there, if you're up for desert. ( of course you have Kara's in sf, so you may have had your fill!)

PawnXIIX
10-13-2012, 01:53 PM
Lunch was pretty good. CCM failed to release any information that we've been wanting to know for so long, but he did shine some light on a few things. ^^

dthfrmabv
10-13-2012, 02:08 PM
Lunch was pretty good. CCM failed to release any information that we've been wanting to know for so long, but he did shine some light on a few things. ^^

Damn I missed you guys got there around 2:30 got held up at work and stayed till 3:30 sucks!

@ Pawn Where are you located NYC? Do you work in the city too?

Philoe Beddoe
10-13-2012, 06:15 PM
Good talking to you all

PawnXIIX
10-13-2012, 07:31 PM
Damn I missed you guys got there around 2:30 got held up at work and stayed till 3:30 sucks!

@ Pawn Where are you located NYC? Do you work in the city too?

Nah I'm only 19. I'm from Bergen County NJ, so it was about an hour train ride into Penn and about a 2-3 block walk from there :P Very convenient placement of the cafe. The exit from Penn was on West 33rd and 8th and the cafe was on West 35th and 10th :D

TonySpaghetti
10-13-2012, 09:05 PM
Good talking to you all

Yeah, sorry I couldn't stick around longer. Working tonight. ;)

PawnXIIX
10-13-2012, 09:14 PM
For anyone who wasn't there...there was a total of 2 people at the cafe (Elastic Earl and myself). We both walked away with 3 t-shirts as well as an item that we still don't know of yet...

Time will reveal what the item will be. He said that because there were so few of us that it would be more powerful the less people showed up. Now time to get ready for Sunday of NYCC whooo!

(CK) EL
10-14-2012, 01:02 AM
it would be nice to record this conversation for those who won't make it to participate

Burn
10-14-2012, 01:41 AM
So even the Skype chat had a troll?

Any discussion about the mess the forum is in?

kitzune
10-14-2012, 05:19 AM
Was the skype chat logged? Will the log be posted for others who were not able to attend the skype chat to read?

I was going to atend that but circumstances prevented my participation.

TonySpaghetti
10-14-2012, 10:12 AM
CCM: are the Skype participants going to be getting an item too? :)

PawnXIIX
10-14-2012, 07:53 PM
CCM: are the Skype participants going to be getting an item too? :)

He told us that he would be giving the skype people an item too...however it was weaker than the item that Earl and I shall be receiving :) muahahahaha :3

Maniaxe
10-14-2012, 08:23 PM
Damn was busy at my shop all day and sorry I missed that one, I would have liked to meet some of you guys.

iteachem
10-20-2012, 03:01 PM
He told us that he would be giving the skype people an item too...however it was weaker than the item that Earl and I shall be receiving :) muahahahaha :3

I didn't see that awesome... Has anyone gotten the item yet

Elastic Earl
10-20-2012, 03:57 PM
I didn't see that awesome... Has anyone gotten the item yet

Waiting....

PawnXIIX
10-20-2012, 08:36 PM
Waiting....

Waiting, and resent PM about it.

NeedleD
12-07-2012, 09:42 PM
Looking forward to seeing you

First beer on me!

LongFingers
12-08-2012, 01:11 AM
Hi Mark
Not possible to me to be in NYC today, but some of my Henchmen are flying there...they will take back my shirt... (CC if I can choose, EU sizes XL)

Only wanted to say Thank you, for what you did for this community. Wishing the very best for you.

Guys spend a good time there, while I'll be robbing you :)

Stock Slayer
12-08-2012, 04:00 AM
This is old. Let this thread die.

nopenopenope
12-08-2012, 10:36 AM
Hi MarkNot possible to me to be in NYC today, but some of my Henchmen are flying there...they will take back my shirt... (CC if I can choose, EU sizes XL)

Guys spend a good time there, while I'll be robbing you :)

You are still hysterical. Ever consider going on the road? Let yourself be abducted......please.