PDA

View Full Version : Boss just cost me $6 million

Tramp78
10-05-2012, 10:35 AM
So I'm about to attack Brigadier Assaf on the Enrichment Plant map for the 20th time. Since it takes 588 energy to attack him once, it has taken me several days to get to this point. Killing him can net as much as $6,762,200. So I attack and as he is falling down a boss battle comes up. I know I can't kill this guy so I take a few free swings at him and then retreat back to the map. I have earned $500,000 for clearing this level of the map missions and ZERO MONEY for killing Assaf. Nothing. A $6 million reward lost because of a stupid boss battle that I didn't even want to take part in. Geesh!!

Gambit12
10-05-2012, 10:37 AM
So I'm about to attack Brigadier Assaf on the Enrichment Plant map for the 20th time. Since it takes 588 energy to attack him once, it has taken me several days to get to this point. Killing him can net as much as $6,762,200. So I attack and as he is falling down a boss battle comes up. I know I can't kill this guy so I take a few free swings at him and then retreat back to the map. I have earned $500,000 for clearing this level of the map missions and ZERO MONEY for killing Assaf. Nothing. A $6 million reward lost because of a stupid boss battle that I didn't even want to take part in. Geesh!!

Send ticket.. i sent ticket about this issue before...

General Soviet
10-05-2012, 12:36 PM
Definetely send a ticket, this has happened to me countless times.

Tramp78
10-05-2012, 12:40 PM
how do I send a ticket?

Gambit12
10-05-2012, 12:46 PM
how do I send a ticket?

Click on menu, then click on more bottom right, then click on help, & finally click on contact support on the top left corner...& tell them what happened...

MaximumFun
Send ticket.. i sent ticket about this issue before...

Yeah, and they'll credit you a fraction of what you would've won/earned. Happened to me awhile back. Typical Funzio/Gree Customer (dis)service.

Arizona
Definetely send a ticket, this has happened to me countless times.
Nah... you can't send a ticket because you didn't plan right. In future if you have a big PvE target you don't want to lose, you need to trigger the boss in a map you don't have any interest in; maybe the insurgent map.
Seriously, sending a ticket because you FUp isn't the answer.... although if you do send a ticket, let the forum know the outcome, 'cos if you get compensated for being a naive knuckle dragger, then I want my share of goodies too.
No hard feelings mate, but it just sounds like sour gra-pes to me!

Monteverdi
10-05-2012, 12:58 PM
Yeah, and they'll credit you a fraction of what you would've won/earned. Happened to me awhile back. Typical Funzio/Gree Customer (dis)service.

It happened to me too, but they DO NOT credit you anything, you just get a warm handshake and a lame excuse. But the more complain the better the chances that they may actually get it fixed...once...in a few....years !

MaximumFun
10-05-2012, 12:59 PM
Nah... you can't send a ticket because you didn't plan right. In future if you have a big PvE target you don't want to lose, you need to trigger the boss in a map you don't have any interest in; maybe the insurgent map.
Seriously, sending a ticket because you FUp isn't the answer.... although if you do send a ticket, let the forum know the outcome, 'cos if you get compensated for being a naive knuckle dragger, then I want my share of goodies too.

Poor coding on Gree's part does not constitue a failure to plan or "FUp" on his part (though I appreciate you wanting others to suffer as we have). The fact that many of us now know this is a glitch in the game means that Gree should have had enough time to fix it (yes, "fix" since this is a problem). The timing doesn't impact Kingdom Age (which they fixed a few months back).

Seems to me that more love is being shown to Kingdom Age and Pokemon Lite than Modern War (see also low payouts on "new" maps).

BigD@wg
10-05-2012, 01:26 PM
I'm sorry to hear, PM me your UDID and I will credit your account

This is an imposter...don't pm him anything!

Hivesy
10-05-2012, 01:26 PM

Ha ha AZ you make me smile. Harsh but fair......

Arizona
10-05-2012, 01:32 PM
I appreciate you wanting others to suffer as we have).

...how from what I said did you wrongly assume that?

MaximumFun
10-05-2012, 02:00 PM
...how from what I said did you wrongly assume that?

Maybe it was your aggressive, name-calling rant that I "wrongly assumed" you are as masochistic as I am. :p

Rather than directing your venom toward a fellow player, perhaps you could spew it at the source of the problem (namely, underwhelming gameplay "features" despite numerous requests to fix and abyssmal customer "service").

Gambit12
10-05-2012, 02:15 PM
This is an imposter...don't pm him anything!

that guy is real bigdawg... I saw CCMark pics before just like his avatar right now...

@Maximum fun, thats true..

@Arizona, you should take it easy bro.. i know your Arizona Cardinals lost to the STL Rams last night.. i know how it feels when your team losses...

Arizona
10-05-2012, 02:30 PM
Maybe it was your aggressive, name-calling rant that I "wrongly assumed" you are as masochistic as I am. :p

Rather than directing your venom toward a fellow player, perhaps you could spew it at the source of the problem (namely, underwhelming gameplay "features" despite numerous requests to fix and abyssmal customer "service").

Ya I'm cool, I just don't understand what the fuss is about. Customer service that's another argument, but I'm on being aware of triggering bosses.
Anyhow, welcome to the forum, Hope you enjoy it here!

...and as for the Cards v Rams... Geez how can a team with a QB that throws 7-21, 141 yds win a game???
Don't answer that please!

BigD@wg
10-05-2012, 02:32 PM
that guy is real bigdawg... I saw CCMark pics before just like his avatar right now...

@Maximum fun, thats true..

@Arizona, you should take it easy bro.. i know your Arizona Cardinals lost to the STL Rams last night.. i know how it feels when your team losses...

I agree it is a pic of CCM but it is a junior member ... Not a moderator.

Crime City Mark
10-05-2012, 04:15 PM

This player didn't make a mistake or have ill planning, it was something they shouldn't be expected to control. Please submit a ticket and I'll have a talk to the PM teams about what to do in cases like this.

Corsair
10-05-2012, 05:46 PM
This player didn't make a mistake or have ill planning, it was something they shouldn't be expected to control. Please submit a ticket and I'll have a talk to the PM teams about what to do in cases like this.Wow...not only an acknowledgement of a problem, but accepting a need to fix it? Do I see the clouds parting and a ray of sunshine peeking through? Let's hope so!

azy
10-05-2012, 08:02 PM
I feel for OP, this has happened to me several times. Usually very early or very late when I forget about this annoying bug. For a little while I thought it was fixed because there now appears to be a slight delay before the boss appears, but it's still happening. Very unfortunate.

Tramp78
10-05-2012, 10:01 PM

not that I will be the first to point this out to you (because looking back I certainly wasn't), but you make no sense at all. The program is buggy yet you suggest that because a person doesn't do some non-required action to prevent something that it is somehow their fault the program is faulty. I can see you have a long and successful career ahead of you in appllication software support. "Yes, I know the program dumped your data, but you see it is your fault because you made the stupid mistake of entering your data in the program in the first place. You are such a noob." You will go far.

Mcdoc
10-06-2012, 12:18 AM
This happened to me 3 times when I was about to pop a Transport Raider & support gave me 5 million & 5 TR's for my troubles :0 Sometimes support can actually be "supportive" :)

Monteverdi
10-06-2012, 01:09 AM
This happened to me 3 times when I was about to pop a Transport Raider & support gave me 5 million & 5 TR's for my troubles :0 Sometimes support can actually be "supportive" :)

Well, it seems that "support" seems to be rather selective, since I haven't got anything after submitting a ticket as I have mentioned before. I would appreciate, that "support" would get some clear order as to how to react, rather than giving here but not there, in all fairness !

Mksound
10-06-2012, 03:32 AM

Ridiculous, sour g****s? Dont you think this should not even be a problem? It was reported on beta day one and they haven't fixed it. Telling them usually does nothing since they might say we're aware of it and that's it. At least I never asked for credit except once and they gave me a million bucks or so. I had reported it to them after it went live and only after much loss income. I said I had lost over bla bla and would like some credit. So they gave me a bunch of cash. Nice yes, but many months later it is still broken.

No not sour g****s but totally legit emotions he is feeling. However I know what you mean and I don't have any hard intentions to you when I say ridiculous.

Q Raider
10-06-2012, 04:31 AM
Tip for you re when this happens. Not an entire solution but works most of the time.

If the elite triggers on a mission payout then do not attack the boss, cancel the screen and you go back to the attack/mission screen you were on.

Attacks / raids almostbalways give the payout, missions work at least half the time, with the money already being allocated into your account.

Arizona
10-06-2012, 04:49 AM
not that I will be the first to point this out to you (because looking back I certainly wasn't), but you make no sense at all. The program is buggy yet you suggest that because a person doesn't do some non-required action to prevent something that it is somehow their fault the program is faulty. I can see you have a long and successful career ahead of you in appllication software support. "Yes, I know the program dumped your data, but you see it is your fault because you made the stupid mistake of entering your data in the program in the first place. You are such a noob." You will go far.

Your first point is irrelevant. Whether the consesus is one or one hundred people pointing something out has no bearing on the validity of an argument. On that basis, I reject your statement that I make no sense at all.

I agree the program is buggy. It always has been. Game issues can take months to repair, if they can be. A solution is to find a workaround if that's at all possible. Many players look for workarounds to issues and share them on the forum. To conclude I suggested a person is responsible for a faulty program is ridiculous.

Based on your first two incorrect statements, the third regarding my long and successful career choice is also irrelevent. I have a long and lucrative career in currency trading. Although in the past I have worked in application software programming. Mostly in now defunct languages; COBOL and Fortran.

I wouldn't say you made a stupid mistake, but you did make a mistake. My point on this issue is there is very little help in the game to go by and many players learn by trial and error, making mistakes. I have lost many millions through I believe no fault of my own, but I really can't be arsed to complain. I think only on two issues have I written in pointing out something they could look into addressing, but I never did it because I wanted compensation. I just think bad things happen in the game and over time we learn to adapt and live with it. I'm just very surprised that CCM came to your defence when in the past so many issues are still open ended, unresolved or uncommunicated to the forum.

Finally, my comment about knuckle dragging was uncalled for and for that I apologise to you. Although not a sole excuse, I think at the time I was over imbibed with alcohol.

..and as always welcome to the forum.