PDA

View Full Version : Off-topic vs. General?

mxz
10-04-2012, 04:59 PM
Has anyone figured out what the mods are using as criteria for off-topic?

Recently moved from General to Off-Topic were threads relating to:
Buying Gold in CC
Getting bonuses for buying enough gold in CC
Transferring CC accounts between devices
Assumptions you made about CC gameplay

Stayed in General:
Never-ending Story
Marathon Thread
Drunk Thread
Favorite Movie/TV Show thread
Thread complaining about complaining/worthless threads
Thread about the off-topic forum

iteachem
10-04-2012, 05:00 PM
Would love clarification as well

Dipstik
10-04-2012, 05:01 PM
Take it to off topic.

Philoe Beddoe
10-04-2012, 05:02 PM
Exactly my thought,

This is OT

TonySpaghetti
10-04-2012, 05:06 PM
Probably the same glitch that initially gave all the 600+ PVP people the Flail instead of the spiked armor. :)

D to the Luxe
10-04-2012, 05:27 PM
Did someone just ask for clarification...ha!!

Philoe Beddoe
10-04-2012, 05:48 PM
OMG

Is someone refusing to serve their ban?

Coldjoey
10-04-2012, 06:05 PM
I think it's my thought, every time I post, the thread gets nuked, shut down and now moved! Sorry guys.
Let's see what happens to this thread.

Just because I'm paranoid does mean their not watching me.

Vile Lynn
10-04-2012, 06:23 PM
Good point, MXZ!

lol, they are "trying" :|

D to the Luxe
10-04-2012, 06:23 PM
OMG

Is someone refusing to serve their ban?

Quiet down junior, im not harming a thing, i just love my forum brethren :)
(clarification: my brethren that do not suck at life and those who have positive, meaningful input)

Maybe it has to be spreadsheet or event discussion caliber to qualify?
Like tramp, frog, mxz, billi...those high quality threads...

West London
10-04-2012, 06:27 PM
But we don't all love you

PawnXIIX
10-04-2012, 06:43 PM
I think they should leave the older posts the way they are. From now on any new topics that seem unrelated should be moved, but the current ones should remain here.

Polarbear
10-04-2012, 06:44 PM
Off topic = thread graveyard.

PawnXIIX
10-04-2012, 06:45 PM
Off topic = thread graveyard.

Yeah I noticed they moved a locked topic in there too :p

TonySpaghetti
10-04-2012, 06:47 PM
Did someone just ask for clarification...ha!!

You should serve your sentence. I did the crime, I did the time. Didn't come back with a new username.

D to the Luxe
10-04-2012, 07:54 PM
You should serve your sentence. I did the crime, I did the time. Didn't come back with a new username.

Happy for you, pastahead. Your kids should be proud of the example you set as being an upstanding individual! Everybody is so uptight...if i were a POS to begin with i would understand but i dont ever recall polarizing this forum or raising hell like some of our faves so i didnt think people would get their panties in a bunch

Dipstik
10-04-2012, 07:58 PM
Tldr: "sure if I was one of those guys who DESERVE their bans, I'd serve it..."

TruthHurts
10-04-2012, 10:08 PM

I agree. If you just make another account, you are no better than the trolls. Plus the time away can do you good, just ask Tony!

Ty1on
10-04-2012, 10:08 PM
Happy for you, pastahead. Your kids should be proud of the example you set as being an upstanding individual! Everybody is so uptight...if i were a POS to begin with i would understand but i dont ever recall polarizing this forum or raising hell like some of our faves so i didnt think people would get their panties in a bunch

You understand, that you're a troll now, right? (not that there's anything wrong with that)

***Edit
TruthHurts beat me to it...

G Wiz
10-04-2012, 10:19 PM
I think its all about intention...

D to the Luxe
10-05-2012, 05:00 AM
I think its all about intention...

I think that supports me so thanks (basically im a harmless nobody here). And, besides, with a kyphosis diagnosis at a young age i really am trollish so thanks for reminding me :(

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kyphosis

Burn
10-05-2012, 05:15 AM
Sympathy card is a low move - it isn't about who you are, what you are, or why you are, it is about the basic principal of the matter.

No hate, no malice, just saying.

I got banned for posting pics of a clear and obvious hacker sitting on 100's of top scratcher items. Ban was completely out of line in my opinion, but I did my week. And if I found more pictures of similar, I'd post them again, knowing I may get banned, and I'd do my week again.

So it kinda hacks me off that you think you can arbitrarily decide that you don't need to serve your ban.

I maintain that your self-validation just makes you sound like Joachim, and your actions make you look like him.

More to the point, you clearly adopt the attitude that your actions are outside of the rules just because you decide so. That is the self same fibre that trolls, cheaters and other lowlife douche bags are spun from.

I would ask you where you see the difference, but I don't particularly want to engage you in conversation until your ban is up.

Dravak
10-05-2012, 05:17 AM
Burn is right deluxe , serve your ban as a man , I did even if some post during my Ban , almost want to make me a alt account .

I didn't do it , wait till time is up , then post , gives you a lot more credit , then making zillion alts , even if you are right deluxe .

D to the Luxe
10-05-2012, 05:27 AM
Not sympathy, it is in jest. But thanks for the input y'all. We can talk more later.

Burn
10-05-2012, 05:27 AM
Thx Dravak.

This isn't a dig at Deluxe, he always struck me as pretty cool on here.

I just hate the way modern society wants to define it's own 'grey areas' by means of justifying any action at all.

If black is right and white is wrong, then the grey area is just a non-committal middle ground where the selfish sit in order to choose the option that best suits them.

Dravak
10-05-2012, 05:37 AM
Not sympathy, it is in jest. But thanks for the input y'all. We can talk more later.

Don't worry your ban was totally unjustified , but fine it is a private forum .
So they can do what they want , and we play by there rules .

So stay strong it is only a week :)

mxz
10-05-2012, 06:01 AM
Can we drop the ban discussions...maybe go back into what mods consider CC related vs. off-topic?
Thanks dudes.

Burn
10-05-2012, 06:05 AM
...and back on topic.

WTF is up with this forum split, it makes absolutely no sense at all.

There is waffle and flim flam in both General and Off Topic.

There is technical info and game discussion in both General and Off Topic.

Why not call the areas "Game Tactics and Advice" for event info, strategy, stats, assistance and guidance.

And then "The Lounge" or some similar name that makes it obvious it is for casual chit chat.

At the moment it makes no sense, it is neither one nor the other.

How the hell is 'Drunk Thread', 'Never Ending CC Story' and 'Marathon Thread' not in Off-topic for example, but a discussion about the Gold Bonus Program is?

Weirdness. Get someone cleverererer on the job ;)

Dravak
10-05-2012, 06:10 AM
maybe the offtopic is where all the cool topics go :) , and the general is where all the ... eh nevermind damn , I ruined the plot ;)

mxz
10-05-2012, 06:11 AM
@Burn I agree. Or just leave it the way it is. I don't really mind either way. It's not like if you don't log in for a couple days all threads will disappear. We go thru, what? A page and a half of threads a day? That's not terrible. When new events come out we get 4 of the same topic posted - I don't see how that's less of a problem than things going OT ( which, with us is sort of inevitable).

I'd rather know what to expect than arbitrarily posted/moved threads.

Burn
10-05-2012, 06:19 AM
I'd be for leaving it as is too.

I don't get the moaning about "things I don't want to read", just don't read them dummy :/

That said, no doubt all problems on the forum have been compounded by the Trolls, it has made everyone antsy, and tensions are high.

On that basis, one possible (and easy) way to help control that...

'Game Tactics and Advice' is open to all. Any noobs can sign up, ask their questions and get involved.

'The Lounge', which is the area the trolls will be most interested in spouting off in, can be locked down so it cannot be accessed by anyone with less than say 100 post count.

The noobs don't get locked down or moderated, the trolls have lost their audience, and noob users that want access to The Lounge have to first serve their time by contributing in the Advice threads.

I know it's not perfect, but it is better than the shambles we have currently.

The functionality to do these things is within the PHPBB3 system this forum runs on.

PawnXIIX
10-05-2012, 06:20 AM
I'd be for leaving it as is, I don't get the moaning about "things I don't want to read", just don;t read them :/

All problems on the forum have undoubtedly been compounded by the Trolls, it has made everyone antsy, and tensions are high.

On that basis, one possible (and easy) way to help control that...

'Game Tactics and Advice' is open to all. Any noobs can sign up, ask their questions and get involved.

'The Lounge', which is the area the trolls will be most interested in is spouting off in, can be locked down so it cannot be accessed by anyone with less than say 100 post count.

The noobs don't get locked down or moderated, the trolls have lost their audience.

I know it's not perfect, but it is better than the shambles we have currently.

The functionality to do these things is within the PHPBB3 system this forum runs on.

If we're going to have a lounge we better have a bar section too <.<

mxz
10-05-2012, 06:27 AM
Ok, so great idea in theory, Burn...but then all the alters will spam the heck out of the Game Advice section just to get to the lounge. And we couldn't change it to only allow in the Lounge since legit new folks would have no interest.

We really just need a couple fair and unbiased mods that would be on more often than CCM, CJ and er (did he leave?). The trouble makers have figured out they have free reign Friday into Tuesday since the other guys aren't able to be on to do any policing.

PawnXIIX
10-05-2012, 06:31 AM
We really just need a couple fair and unbiased mods that would be on more often than CCM, CJ and er (did he leave?). The trouble makers have figured out they have free reign Friday into Tuesday since the other guys aren't able to be on to do any policing.

I think CCM hinted to them having a few community managers in the future

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?40346-Dear-Crime-City-Mark-and-other-mods...&p=436549&viewfull=1#post436549

Burn
10-05-2012, 06:34 AM
I did say it wasn't perfect ;)

MXZ for Mod

P.S. Did you know that QPR once formally applied to be a Forum Mod, and was serious about his agenda to 'clean the place up'?!? It beggars belief.

mnju_03
10-05-2012, 06:36 AM
I think he couldn't be worse than our politicians. But still sucks! hahahahahahha...

Coldjoey
10-05-2012, 08:28 AM
P.S. Did you know that QPR once formally applied to be a Forum Mod, and was serious about his agenda to 'clean the place up'?!? It beggars belief.

He could just stay away, that would clean the place up nicely!

Dipstik
10-05-2012, 02:03 PM
QPR's a douche.

mnju_03
10-05-2012, 02:05 PM
I'd have a beer with him though, sh!t I'd buy you all a beer! ;)

Dipstik
10-05-2012, 02:06 PM
If QPR tried to buy me a beer, first of all I'd wonder what the hell I was doing in a british pub surrounded by soccer fans. Then I'd drink it and walk away before he started talking.

TonySpaghetti
10-05-2012, 02:30 PM
I'd have a beer with him though, sh!t I'd buy you all a beer! ;)

Make mine a Shirley Temple.

Ghost818
10-05-2012, 02:32 PM
I say keep it the way it is. I don't like this off topic section thing. I ain't hurt nobody. I think.

mnju_03
10-05-2012, 02:38 PM
I LOVE Shirley Temples!!!!!! Hahahahahahaha.

Stock Slayer
10-05-2012, 02:43 PM
Thx Dravak.

This isn't a dig at Deluxe, he always struck me as pretty cool on here.

I just hate the way modern society wants to define it's own 'grey areas' by means of justifying any action at all.

If black is right and white is wrong, then the grey area is just a non-committal middle ground where the selfish sit in order to choose the option that best suits them.
You're a pretty cool dude. You seem to have a good perspective on things....

mnju_03
10-05-2012, 02:47 PM
Brun makes a good point in that...He's good at what he does. ;)

West London
10-06-2012, 05:27 PM

MXZ for Mod

I think we can all agree Burn is a Shirley Temple

gambet1234
10-06-2012, 11:54 PM
I came back here after a week and noticed everything below General consciously for the first time. Then I wondered if the Drunk Thread and the Never Ending CC Story had been moved yet! I like the lack of care that this place receives!

-please don't feed the Trolls.

WestLondon
10-07-2012, 03:20 AM

MXZ for Mod

What you on about you tit? If You think I've got time to create muggy accounts on this forum then you are mistaken

mxz
10-09-2012, 02:58 PM
Well, here's our official answer via PM.

If it directly pertains to the game, General.
If it doesn't have anything to do with the game, OT.Not sure about the other 90% of threads...