PDA

View Full Version : What's with all these worthless pointless threads?!

Timbo Slice
10-03-2012, 10:56 PM
It's getting harder and harder to find anything worth reading on this forum, are there any other players that are here to get info?? Or are you just here to Brag about your stats, talk crap about other players or crews, or just talk about mindless BS... They even created a new category for your stupid threads and you still post in general.... WTF

Those of you who actually contribute to the forum I thank you, guys like MXZ, you're awesome! Keep the good info coming! I'm just tired of reading through loads of crap to get to the useful information, I can't be alone...

Burn
10-03-2012, 11:56 PM
Dude, live and let live, read what you like, ignore what you don't. ;)

I'm the opposite to you, I have no need of the countless threads about stats, farming, events, camping, economy or the never ending threads created to track, count, and then complain about events and event prizes.

But I don't complain about them, I just don't read them.

Similarly, if I go to a party, i will find people naturally filter themselves into groups - dudes talking about sport, ladies talking fashion, other people talking business, politics, or just plain old gossip.

I've never once felt the need to stand on a chair, and demand they all discuss only topics of my choosing ;)

Not in relation to your post Timbo, just a general observation...

On here currently, for every one person making a positive contribution or trying to engage in any kind of meaningful conversation, there is a higher number of people happier to do nothing but troll, whine and cry.

Seems the forum is mostly becoming a place to vent, which is sad, because it was once a thriving community with a nice vibe and a definite buzz.

Timbo Slice
10-04-2012, 12:29 AM
If I'm at this "party" then I guess I'm the guy trying to fight my way through a crowd of morons to get to the people that are worth talking to and have something interesting to say.... Basically there's too many morons on the forum and it's getting annoying...

Ghost818
10-04-2012, 12:32 AM
I had your state of mind when I was absent from ye forum abandoned CC and my presence at KA. CC lured me back but like you I was pissed cause the forum had turned upside down from what I knew it as. Eventually you get used to it because you come to accept it isn't going to be the same. Ever.

As me brother Burn says, eventually you'll learn to ignore what doesn't appeal to you and only read what does. If you read all the bs that is posted here without learning to cope, you will lose interest rapidly.

Sav Clarke
10-04-2012, 12:51 AM
I agree with the OP - I wish they would create another thread entitled pathetic trash talking of gangs/crews/gimps etc etc. I for one couldn't give a crap if indians beat up CK, or CK beat up BP, or BP beat up BK, or BK beat up PJ, or PJ beat up DJ etc etc etc etc

Burn
10-04-2012, 01:14 AM
You are perhaps being overly dramatic? I've just totted up posts on Page 1, all but 3 of them are related to gameplay or event analysis.

When you get to Level 200 much of that analytical content has zero value.

In fact at level 200 most of the standard gameplay has zero value.

So people get into mobs to add something of interest. And of course talk about it on here.

Can I make a suggestion to all at lower levels? Be tolerant...

...because it might, just might, lead to Funzio coding in some genuine co-operative team play features - then everyone wins, and the game becomes less linear and far more dynamic.

CCM recently had a thread asking about mob recruitment, so Gree are perhaps thinking along those lines already.

Agree completely that there are too many trolls on here, that does need addressing. We'll have someone trolling this thread later, purely because I am posting in it, the dimwits are nothing if not predictable.

You can however maintain your own personal Ignore List...

http://www.funzio.com/forum/profile.php?do=ignorelist

noodles
10-04-2012, 01:17 AM
This thread is pointless....lmao

SevenO9
10-04-2012, 01:42 AM
We need more meta threads where people can complain about other threads. And then we need threads where we can discuss the value of threads talking about threads. And those could be discussed in a separate thread. On top of that another meta-meta-meta layer would't hurt.

noodles
10-04-2012, 01:47 AM
@seven09 good luck trying to explain that:)

Coldjoey
10-04-2012, 06:11 PM
If you have something to say say it
If you have nothing to say, added it to a well thought out thread.