PDA

View Full Version : Campers not safe?

tower
10-03-2012, 03:52 PM
Started camping on my Android account since iOS users were killing us in scratcher loot. Been fine camping on level 83 for months. All the sudden I'm getting attacked left right and center with my whole 5 mafia. Attackers are generally 25+ mafia (aside from Alex the cheater).

Did some floodgate open up recently or is this just dumb luck?

Of course it HAS to happen right while I'm saving for my nightclubs. I still bank but I'm leaking $$ here...

iOS account is getting attacked way more as well but at Level 7 with no mafia I somehow seem to be winning all of them.

kitzune
10-03-2012, 04:12 PM
Gree recently did a change on how large a bracket you can see. I know I was attacked recently by someone I couldn't see previously on my rival list now I can see a litlle further up and down then I could previously.

About the only way to protect yourself is try and maximize your defense for the mafia/level you have.

procsyzarc
10-03-2012, 04:50 PM
Don't PVP in crime city anymore but have noticed in MW the range of allience size I see has drastically increased. I have 78 members and used to see aprox 55 - 105 now I am seeing 5 - 280. Not sure if it effects everyone though since I had 160M unvaulted and never got attacked successfully once in the 4 days since this happened as I would expect if people with 250+ are seeing me

Lonestoner
10-03-2012, 08:22 PM
I also have noticed a huge change on this, and coincidentally, it happened with the android update. I'm at 143 mafia, and previously, I could only see people with up to ~175 mafia, 185 max, and down to 90 or so. Now I'm seeing people all the way up to 283 mafia, but no lower amounts than before the change.

This doesn't make much sense to me as there seemed to be plenty of rivals to go around. I'd rarely visit the same hoods twice, and barely get attacked or robbed by the same people twice.

Not a great change in my opinion.

tower
10-03-2012, 11:01 PM
Just got cleaned out by some guy with 50 mafia. That's a 45 mafia gap!

Hope this issue gets fixed *cough cough CCM* soon.

I can add more mafia but with the difference between ios scratchers and non-gold spenders not able to compete in events I'd rather not...would be much better for the campers for Funzio to revert back to the previous plan.

If the plan is to make campers targets to get them moving...then pretty sure I'll be deleting this game sooner than later. It takes weeks to complete anything in this game, and now !@#$ing weeks are being added because of an arbitrary rule change...it's too much.

Hoping it's an oversight or bug...
later.

dudeman
10-03-2012, 11:13 PM
Collect on time if you don't want to get robbed. :p

Being a camper and a lazy collector sounds like you want to have your cake and eat it too. Well, in CC if you're not eating your cake, someone else is.

:cool:

emcee
10-03-2012, 11:16 PM
Tower try zero bracket alliance. Drop all alliance members. If they are grunts send request to support to remove. See if that works. At your level you should have all gatlings built and upgraded sufficiently. Once that is done concentrate on 50 sniper dens then Muay Thai centers. Even if bracketing loosens from time to time having a full compliment of upgraded defense buildings should deter some rivals.

tower
10-03-2012, 11:28 PM
Meh, I have better things to do than watch the clock to collect...it's the reason I dropped all my mafia.

There really aren't any goals left to the game other than OCD building/collecting/upgrading/repeat.

There USED to be goals, like trying to collect 10 of an item during an event, but there are enough threads on that topic.

It's not that I have a problem with the way the game is played, and I certainly know that I can't protect myself against all players, but I do have an issue with the arbitrary rule change. Especially when the update STILL says "New scratchers" still in the "What's new" section of the download. Like, how f'n useless are these guys they can't even notify us of the changes to the software? Changing one of the fundamental rules of the game is a little more than annoying.

Can I protect myself on an equal playing field against most players with 50 mafia? probably. 100? probably. Can I protect myself against players with 50-100 mafia greater than me? not a hope. That's the point I'm trying to make. If this new rule is here to stay I might as well just jump to max mafia and hope for the best with scratchers and spend the respect points I've won so far. At least I'll be on a somewhat level playing field and get taken out by the people spending money to keep the game free for me.

So odd, I stopped posting on here and started camping because of the android/ios scratcher BS, and now I'm back because they've taken camping away as well. I guess this is why this forum is 90% complaints.

Again, I'm hoping for the best here and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

tower
10-03-2012, 11:32 PM
Tower try zero bracket alliance. Drop all alliance members. If they are grunts send request to support to remove. See if that works. At your level you should have all gatlings built and upgraded sufficiently. Once that is done concentrate on 50 sniper dens then Muay Thai centers. Even if bracketing loosens from time to time having a full compliment of upgraded defense buildings should deter some rivals.

Thanks for that.

I have lots of gattling and whatnot already from before I started camping and I only have 5 mafia members, zero henchmen. The issue is not my strength against players with similar stats, it's that I'm now defending myself against people with 45 more mafia than me which seems a little impossible.

I could drop the 4 mafia that aren't me, but I don't think that will help...and one of them is still Payam's dead account...which I thought was kind of cool to keep.

dudeman
10-03-2012, 11:46 PM
Can I protect myself on an equal playing field against most players with 50 mafia? probably. 100? probably. Can I protect myself against players with 50-100 mafia greater than me? not a hope. That's the point I'm trying to make. If this new rule is here to stay I might as well just jump to max mafia and hope for the best with scratchers and spend the respect points I've won so far. At least I'll be on a somewhat level playing field and get taken out by the people spending money to keep the game free for me.

That sounds like what happened to me back when I was level 70-90. I was trying to keep a small mafia and only add more as I was able to equip them, but the rivals list decided for me that I would have to figure out a different strategy.

It could also just be a push to see if you'll buy gold. If you buy enough gold you certainly could compete with players with a much larger mafia than you have.

Gree would never do that though, would they?

http://th732.photobucket.com/albums/ww321/Gumball018/th_AwesomeSmileSuspicious.jpg

J/k

tower
10-03-2012, 11:51 PM
It could also just be a push to see if you'll buy gold. If you buy enough gold you certainly could compete with players with a much larger mafia than you have.

Gree would never do that though, would they?

J/k

Gree? naaaaaa

I do the free gold stuff, to make sure Gree makes a couple bucks while I play the game. I wouldn't dream of spending any real money on it though. Gree priced themselves out of the average spender market.

Vito Corleone
10-04-2012, 12:06 AM
I have a mafia size of 272 and before I only saw up to 380 but now sometimes I see people which have mafia sizes over 1000!

tower
10-04-2012, 12:15 AM
I have a mafia size of 272 and before I only saw up to 380 but now sometimes I see people which have mafia sizes over 1000!

Ouch!

Surely this whole thing is a bug...?

SevenO9
10-04-2012, 04:23 AM
Meh, I have better things to do than watch the clock to collect...it's the reason I dropped all my mafia.

Don't want to sound too harsh but you deserve to be robbed left and right. If you to lazy to collect you're playing the wrong game or use the wrong strategy. Hiding at low mafia should not help you imho and I am glad Funzio opened up the brackets once a while.

Burn
10-04-2012, 04:28 AM
http://www.frightdome.com/images/2012/CampMassacre.jpg

Vito Corleone
10-04-2012, 04:31 AM
This happened after the last Android update.

Polarbear
10-04-2012, 04:34 AM
I prefer:

http://www.randomjoe.net/wp-content/uploads/logo.png

Nothing personal!

tower
10-04-2012, 07:05 AM
Don't want to sound too harsh but you deserve to be robbed left and right. If you to lazy to collect you're playing the wrong game or use the wrong strategy. Hiding at low mafia should not help you imho and I am glad Funzio opened up the brackets once a while.

Yea, I'm guessing you're an iOS player.

Two things ****head.

1) I play the game if/when I have a spare moment and happen to think about it. If the rules were always set the way they happen to be right now, then I might have a different strategy, but it's something I'd come to rely on...as many others have. Camping is a strategy in the game, I'm using it to gather enough income to get some decent stats. It's as much a strategy as spending thousands of real dollars to get instant stats.

2) The point is they changed the rules mid game. I mean, they might as well go as far as to give one kind of phone an unfair advantage once a day for month or so...or maybe they could force people to spend real money to win events, but start one kind of phone a day earlier than the others and not say anything about it....or I dunno, maybe it would be like giving one kind of phone events that another phone doesn't get...and if they really wanted to go over the top (and this is strictly hypothetical of course) they could mix those two kinds of phone together.

I suppose point #2 would help justify an Android user camping out for a month or two, staying under the radar until some arbitrary rule change. But then...those things would have to happen. Of course, as an iOS user, you wouldn't know anything about that eh?

But, it's their game. I can adjust my play. I just started saving for the nightclubs, after which I would stop camping and continue playing, but if they take twice as long to save for then I'll probably become less interested than I already am with this game. More than likely I'll just mafia up to the 300 and see what happens from there.

BOS
10-04-2012, 07:21 AM

Two things ****head....

All I hear is crying.... You have 5 minutes after your buildings populate to collect. If you don't, shame on you. If you don't like the current format, quit.... Don't come on here *****ing about a game you don't like, then call someone a ****head for stating their opinion.

sez
10-04-2012, 07:28 AM
All I hear is crying.... You have 5 minutes after your buildings populate to collect. If you don't, shame on you. If you don't like the current format, quit.... Don't come on here *****ing about a game you don't like, then call someone a ****head for stating their opinion.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b321/adamsez24/tumblr_m8z0uy0HQO1rq4xsa.gif

tower
10-04-2012, 07:34 AM

Oh please, I just gave her the reaction she was looking for. Her post added nothing to this conversation except the fodder that keeps this forum what it is. Kind of like your post, and this post, and every post on this thread aside from my original one asking if anyone else had this issue, and anyone that replied with "why yes, I do as well".

Anyway, back to lurking in the forum, my bad for coming back to post in the first place.

kitzune
10-04-2012, 07:46 AM
1) I play the game if/when I have a spare moment and happen to think about it. If the rules were always set the way they happen to be right now, then I might have a different strategy, but it's something I'd come to rely on...as many others have. Camping is a strategy in the game, I'm using it to gather enough income to get some decent stats. It's as much a strategy as spending thousands of real dollars to get instant stats.

2) The point is they changed the rules mid game. I mean, they might as well go as far as to give one kind of phone an unfair advantage once a day for month or so...or maybe they could force people to spend real money to win events, but start one kind of phone a day earlier than the others and not say anything about it....or I dunno, maybe it would be like giving one kind of phone events that another phone doesn't get...and if they really wanted to go over the top (and this is strictly hypothetical of course) they could mix those two kinds of phone together.

I suppose point #2 would help justify an Android user camping out for a month or two, staying under the radar until some arbitrary rule change. But then...those things would have to happen. Of course, as an iOS user, you wouldn't know anything about that eh?

But, it's their game. I can adjust my play. I just started saving for the nightclubs, after which I would stop camping and continue playing, but if they take twice as long to save for then I'll probably become less interested than I already am with this game. More than likely I'll just mafia up to the 300 and see what happens from there.

Maybe they fixed a rule that wasn't being applied correctly instead of changing a rule. We don't know as the rules people base their strategy on are the things they observe. I haven't seen anything on this site or others saying "these are the rules the game is based upon".

What we do know is Gree/Funzio hasn't managed to sync up IOS and Android as there are differences between the two OS and we've seen things on one without seeing the same event on other.

Mind you this is all conjecture but they keep IOS and Android on same servers to provide enough 'victims' for robberies and attacks.

sexkitteh
10-04-2012, 08:25 AM
actually... if you had a lvl200 character with 0 mafia and 600 skill points invested into defense... you would be untouchable I think... or nearly...

You could have 7k defense.... assuming you spent a little gold on on good items...

Plus all the defensive buildings...

probably would add another 3k-5k defense...

Intrance
10-04-2012, 09:29 AM

There really aren't any goals left to the game other than OCD building/collecting/upgrading/repeat.

There USED to be goals, like trying to collect 10 of an item during an event, but there are enough threads on that topic.

It's not that I have a problem with the way the game is played, and I certainly know that I can't protect myself against all players, but I do have an issue with the arbitrary rule change. Especially when the update STILL says "New scratchers" still in the "What's new" section of the download. Like, how f'n useless are these guys they can't even notify us of the changes to the software? Changing one of the fundamental rules of the game is a little more than annoying.

So odd, I stopped posting on here and started camping because of the android/ios scratcher BS, and now I'm back because they've taken camping away as well. I guess this is why this forum is 90% complaints.

Again, I'm hoping for the best here and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

I don't know any mmo (which basically is what this game is) that don't change/rebalance/evolve over time. To me that is just integral part of online gaming. Sure there are always people complain when things get nerfed or their strategy is no longer viable but it is what makes us develop new strategies and evolve. If this game always stay the same I'm sure there will be complaints of boredom as well

SevenO9
10-04-2012, 12:47 PM

Two things ****head.

Why insult me? I did not insult you.
If I did, it was not my intention. Appologies.
I see the gap between drood and iOS. I can hear you mate.
Camping will not close that gap.
Camping was never a viable strateqy to raise stats. As it stands it will never be either.
If you can not collect ontime or are just too lazy there a several strategies:
- Sell you cash buildings. They won't contribute to your stats anyways.
- Get used to it, ignore it
- Buy lots of gold. And I mean lots. An awfull lot.
- Quit the game
Camping is none. Neither is lowering mafia.

Why am I taking to someone insulting me? Never mind ...