PDA

View Full Version : Gold to Beat The Boss??

PC77
10-03-2012, 12:58 PM
Hey lads. I've never used gold on the boss events. I normally just go as far as I can, which is around 15/16th boss, before it becomes almost impossible to get much further.
Just wondering, is it worth giving the mega attack a go or is it just a waste of gold??
Thanks in advance..

Dravak
10-03-2012, 01:20 PM
no mega attack is not worth it , sorry maybe they are trying to test something with mega attacks and buffers with me .
But it is not working , so always use health packs till they fix mega attacks .. so use health packs wait 65 second gets you 6 hits for 20 gold , mega attacks is now equel to 5 hits ..

But then again am not signed up for beta am not a test subject >.< .. especially with my own already paid gold !

PC77
10-03-2012, 01:49 PM
Thanks Dravak. Gave what you said a try and it works quite well. Got plenty of days left so going to way till I start to struggle before I give it a real go. At least going to aim for 20 this event.
Only pity is the items I'm getting, 0 rares, 1 uncommon, 11 common, by far my worst lot yet from boss events.

Coldjoey
10-03-2012, 02:20 PM
D is right, with how to spend gold. The amount you spend though is: could you buy the lowest item for the gold it will cost you to beat the boss? Like crates it's a gamble, you have no level to achieve unlike the o'm boss. So if it takes 20gold then 60g and then 100g it maybe beter to wait for ammo crates to come around.
BTW did you know if you time your level up right it will reset you health in the epic game as well?

kitzune
10-03-2012, 02:39 PM
PC you are using the 13 hit strategy right?

Otherwise if I had gold the only time I would consider using it is if I was close enough to get the final goal in the boss event.

PC77
10-03-2012, 02:40 PM
@coldjoey
If by beating the boss, you mean going the whole hog and getting the 40 done, then no that most certainly isn't my aim. I've only got stats in the low 30k for both att/def so I'd assume i would cost me small fortune to totally defeat the boss.
I suppose my aim is just to get a few bosses further than I normally do by using a little bit of gold and dravaks advice will prob do that for me.
While these events are quite good and fairly rewarding for almost no cost, I personally find them way too long cause I reach my limit/ distance I can go very quickly.
As for timing your level up, i reckon that would only work for me on the earlier bosses.
Cheers Coldjoey

PC77
10-03-2012, 02:46 PM
Ya kitzune, that'd be my strategy. Like I just said to Coldjoey, I know I haven't a hope of completing the 40 but if I could get maybe 2 or 3 extra bosses down for a little bit of gold, I reckon it would be worth it.
I'll find out over next few days but I have been very unlucky with the actual items I'm receiving so I'll see how I get on.

Dravak
10-03-2012, 02:47 PM
no timing the level up for 5 more hits , in 3x wait 65 seconds for another 2x works wonders for later bosses .
But problem is more the buffers later , on those buffers doesn't matter if you have 1 million attack will only take a sliver of health , this time I run into bosses with a lot of buffers.

<3 Hz
10-03-2012, 03:00 PM
Does anyone know if you're offered a decent item for 20 wins? If not I'll just stop when 13 cash hits is not sufficient enough to beat the boss. That will probably be at 19 I figure this time around. Oh, and they fixed mine a few hrs. ago. Boss 3 just took 1 hit.

kitzune
10-03-2012, 03:01 PM
Ya kitzune, that'd be my strategy. Like I just said to Coldjoey, I know I haven't a hope of completing the 40 but if I could get maybe 2 or 3 extra bosses down for a little bit of gold, I reckon it would be worth it.
I'll find out over next few days but I have been very unlucky with the actual items I'm receiving so I'll see how I get on.

Well the big question then is do you consider the possible common weapon worth spending gold medpack for 3 more hits.

Bigger question is are you at the maximum usable mafia for your level? Are there any cheap upgrades you can use to boost your attack? If there is adding mafia and or equipment might be better if you can add a couple of hundred besides leveling in middle of boss attempt. Of course leveling isn't an option if you are trying to camp or crawl.

Big thing is each boss event is used to help your next boss event.

Dravak
10-03-2012, 03:03 PM
HZ just do this if it is 30 gold a boss , then go for it , if above 30 stop .... for now till they found out this event is way too hard , sorry you got the bugged or switch on bosses .. no use to continue with 5% rare rate ...

Those with the switch off bosses are just lucky .

jobadass
10-03-2012, 03:19 PM
i dunno, but 13 hits plus 10 gold feels like a fair bet to gamble at the chance for a rare. Also, try to level up when your running out of time/energy to beat higher level bosses. you can hit them 5 more times