PDA

View Full Version : Android Users

Crime City Mark
10-03-2012, 11:58 AM
Hey Android users,

I know a lot of you feel like you're left in the dark and get the short end of things compared to iOS players. With that in mind, I'm going to set up a meeting with the PM of all things Android to address your concerns.

Please post any Android-specific issues you're having here. General game issues that impact iOS and Android should be avoided.

ohgreatitsryan
10-03-2012, 01:29 PM
Maybe its just me, but the drop rate for crates on android seems drastically lower. Expending 1500 energy on iOS usually yields between 5-10 crates for me, but on android I've expended several thousand, and all of my stamina and haven't found any.

bbprofitz
10-03-2012, 01:35 PM
there are lots of issues period... not just on android :p

chbranch
10-03-2012, 02:23 PM
I just started playing modern war on Android(level 24), so I don't have that much experience with issues to compare to our brethren on the IOS platform. The one thing that I have have noticed is it doesn't feel like the game even exists on Android compared to IOS for split events. The level of involvement is miniscule for the events compared to the joint events for both. Crate drops don't exist and neither does pvp crate drops. It would be nice to know who was on Android for these separated events, or have joint events all the time with IOS players.

Ph4ntom Stranger
10-03-2012, 03:00 PM
Due to the fact that iOS and Android players are integrated and can attack each other, both should have the exact same content, such as the Boss events. Android does not have the battle points feature that includes the valor units you can purchase at certain intervals. We get the opportunity to buy the same limited edition units, but don't get the feature to obtain the bonus unit that I am aware of. There are a lot units that iOS can obtain that android cannot, so I feel this puts android at a big disadvantage.

Poopenshire
10-03-2012, 03:04 PM
This is probably a sync issue, but LE's and crates tend to lag a bit from my Android to my iOS. As well I am having some serious Touch Screen issues with Modern War that I don't have with Crime City or other Android games. I get a long lag between touch and response to money collection, as well my notifcations are not functioning as well on Android compared to iOS. I get fewer of them and they are not as accurate for raids or fights.

JohnnyR
10-03-2012, 03:24 PM
Problems:
1) Lagginess.
2) Freezes or gets stuck quite often. Usually when I'm travelling b/w bases.

What I like:
1) That events start over with Android users giving us a chance at the cool stuff iOS got.
2) Trees! Barrels! Fences! I loooove seeing others bases decked out and knowing others can see my stuff. I hope ya guys can work out the problems without yanking the decorations.

Overall loving it.

ohgreatitsryan
10-03-2012, 03:54 PM
they are not as accurate for raids or fights.
Every notification I get says that I lost a negative amount of money, such as "You lost $-4700." The funny thing is I have never lost a fight or been raided, maybe they are just taking a new approach to letting me know I won money?

vaporeon
10-03-2012, 04:22 PM
For me.

1-The lagging of the game. When I go to raid a person, I like to check what units I lost when I lose them. When I click on them or any other unit, the game just stops and crashes. I'm then force to close the game. Sometimes when I return to my base, some of my buildings don't load, forcing me to restart the game.

2- The bosses people talk about. I cam to the forums to learn about them game and though I was was playing a different game and not MW. I would like to get the same units and have access to battle points but I don't I'm level 130 now and feel like I'm almost done with the game, yet there is so much I have not had the chance to do. It's also unfair to have IOS players play against Android players but us Android players have a incomplete game, putting us at a disadvantage.

3- The event for us Android uses are bad. Why do we get events with 2 days left out of 7? They don't show up most of the time without having to restart the app ten time. I would also like to be able to fight the bosses but with my level being so high, I may not be able to beat them. Another this is we spent our skill point without even knowing about bosses. Even more of a disadvantage if you spend them wrong.

4- The causality rates are too high. I heard some IOS users had a glitch where they don't lose anything when attack yet I lose like 4 units per attack. Example; I lost 2 Strykers, 2 Military Ambulance and a Harrier Jet. I lost those when someone attacked me. 5 units that end up costing over 1 million. Another I lost 2 Global Hawk Drone, 1 Harrier jet and something else. I should not be taking hits like that.

5- Please increase the chances of getting items during the 10 create event, 2 percent to get number 10 is insane. There is no way I will spend money on gold to have a 98 percent chance to get anything other. It give a HUGE advantage to those who spend thousands. I feel like I'm being punished for being a high level. We all need to be on the same playing field.

I'm sure I can think of more.

JohnnyR
10-03-2012, 04:40 PM
Vaporeon:

Your casualties are probably as a result of multiple hits being combined on your news feed. A person can attack you 20 times and then go for your buildings totalling 30-40 hits but only showing as one. My guess is you got slammed hard either for BPs or valor.

vaporeon
10-03-2012, 04:49 PM
Vaporeon:

Your casualties are probably as a result of multiple hits being combined on your news feed. A person can attack you 20 times and then go for your buildings totalling 30-40 hits but only showing as one. My guess is you got slammed hard either for BPs or valor.

I know that but I lose units like that when I attack other players like that at 4 per attack. Which is also unfair. Why are players attacking me for BP when I can't get them in return?

ohgreatitsryan
10-03-2012, 04:58 PM
Vaporeon:
You need to examine the attack/defense of the players you are attacking better, if you attack players with roughly 1/3 or less defense than you have attack, you won't lose any units.

vaporeon
10-03-2012, 05:16 PM
Vaporeon:
You need to examine the attack/defense of the players you are attacking better, if you attack players with roughly 1/3 or less defense than you have attack, you won't lose any units.

I attacked a player with around 260 attack when I have over 10000. I would still lose 2-4 units a attack. now I'm almost at 150000 attack and attack players with 10000 and so and still lose the big units. The ones I lose have a very low chance of them and I lose 2-4 of them each attack.

I just attacked a player with 1/5 the defense of my attack and lost 2 Venal Fighters. He lost nothing. Attacked again. Lost another Venal Fighter and he lost nothing. Attacked again and lost another Venal Fighter and a Globetrotter Missile. He again lost nothing.

Attacked another guy with 9000 defense and lost a Venal Fighter. He lost nothing. Second attack, same results third attack, I lost a Globetrotter Missile. He again lost nothing. forth attack, another Venal.

I lose units every time I attack someone and the units I'm losing have a low chance of dying.

chbranch
10-03-2012, 06:00 PM
That sounds like a problem^^^^^

ohgreatitsryan
10-03-2012, 06:07 PM
Yeah, that really sounds like a serious flaw Vaporeon.

JohnnyR
10-03-2012, 06:14 PM
Vaporeon:

Try diluting your force. If all you have are high value units, that's all you will lose. You need meatshields, a lot of them. I ran withh 80% meatshields for a while and found it to be the sweetest zone for me. 80% sounds crazy but it worked as a few here might remember. Might not have to go that high, but play around with numbers. I don't think casualties are a mistake but a way to make sure the strategy isn't as simple to crack as buying 2000 of the best units available. Also, there is always gold, lol.

I think the REAL problem is the lack of sufficient reward beyond level 100 for raids/attack. There really is no point after this unless one is really patient. In 5 rival list refreshes there might be 1 or 2 guys with uncollected lvl 3+ oil rigs or unvaulted cash.

vaporeon
10-03-2012, 06:34 PM
Yeah, I understand the meatshields but I should not be losing low lost level units every fight.

Skyser30518
10-04-2012, 03:33 AM
1. Everybody that attacks me or post on my wall shows up as UK. Even my iOS account which I know is Russia.

2. No battle points rankings. This leaves out very strong valor units that we are not able to obtain.

3. I agree with the drop rates. I gave up on the prop event after blowing all my energy 5 times over and depleting my stamina even more without receiving a single crate.

4. I have to force close the app every time after signing on. If I don't, half of my buildings will not show up when I log back on.

Thank you CCM for listening and showing genuine concern for all users.

Mksound
10-04-2012, 04:28 AM
Way too lagy. When scrolling the game is choppy and jerky. When collecting from buildings the money raises choppy. When fighting or attacking your animation with tank or plane etc is very choppy. So is the explosion smoke.

Left side of screen is spots when scrolling. Not sure how to describe. Not always there but often.

Casualty rates are truly absurd. Way too many lost units when raiding and attacking in pvp and pve.

Need battle points like iOS. No point in pvp for the most part.

Need to be able to copy a d paste in the game just like iOS. For copying game ids etc.

The message wall sucks. Text too small. Can't scroll the text boxes. Can't copy text etc.

When getting pop ups saying you need more money or units etc the text is too small and cut off not centered correctly.

The kaching sound when collecting money needs to be more like iOS. In fact there should not be any differences between android and iOS versions.

Notifications are wrong saying you've lost -400$ etc.

The thing that bothers me the most is number of units in your profile page is wrong. All unit number needs to be shown not only Allie number x 4. So instead of saying I only have 20 units it needs to show how many I really have. Which is way over 300. Again, needs to be exactly like iOS.

And thanks Ccm for bringing issues up with them.

TheSaint
10-05-2012, 02:29 AM
I would say my issues are extensive, the primary one being memory leakage in a very short period of doing multiple tasks, images stop loading, then I get a blank flat of land, where buildings are supposed to be, or instead of the land land mesh a black or red spot which causes a quick crash. It's also a source of frequent phone reboots.

TheSaint
10-05-2012, 02:37 AM
Added note : high level players are not viewable by myself, the engine crashes if someone has a high building count.

vaporeon
10-05-2012, 10:29 AM
Also, being able to trade units like the IOS users can would be nice.

bbprofitz
10-05-2012, 04:43 PM
Also, being able to trade units like the IOS users can would be nice.

We iOS users can't trade units! I wish they would implement something like that for both Android & iOS! That would be cool.

Agent Orange
10-06-2012, 08:47 AM
On lower spec'd Android phones the game freezes and or crashes constantly.

Not having BP's is serious and gives IOS players a big advantage. Event drop rates are dreadful.

Hackers.... On top of everything else I've found at least one hacker who is very clever, not going for the obvious high stat units but instead appears to have hacked his skill points so that his 50 attack can beat someone with 3 times defence. I did send in a ticket to support but he's still out there. The other oddity with that account is I can hit him back over the 5 hit limit that others at this level have.

Carlos10
10-06-2012, 03:07 PM
I been playing MW for over 5 months, now is time for an upgrade on my Cell phone plan I bought a cell that operates on ios but I haven't been successful in transferring this awesome game.

Chris1324
10-06-2012, 04:41 PM
Lag lag lag...freeze. Crash :p but this seriously needs to be fixed for android users.

Crime City Mark
10-09-2012, 11:20 AM
Hey everyone,

Thanks for providing your feedback and suggestions. I've passed all of these on to the PM team to investigate and see what they can do.