PDA

View Full Version : What are the Major Issues WE would like to see Resolved in Modern War?

Thief
10-03-2012, 09:47 AM
Thanks to Ferr we have Actual Final Leaderboards for the Auction Events.
He is also attempting to have Gree Fix those of you with "Invisible" Boost Units.

I would like to get an idea of what other Major Issues the Players would like to see Resolved. Lets list them out and discuss the issue and the priorities of what we think Gree should focus their efforts on to help make this game better? Ideally this thread will prosper and every 2 weeks we can put the top Issue to be resolved in this first post and continue the discussion with CCM/ER. The KEY is communication. I want to be open with CCM/ER but Constructive. I want a place where he can come and see the first post of what we think the major issue is this week and he can tell us what he thinks gree can do about it or is doing about it?

THE CURRENT ISSUE IS?????

Thief
10-03-2012, 09:47 AM
Currently the 4 Issues i would like to talk about:

1) Update Security so that its much more difficult to hack the game. We all spend alot of time on this game and have the integrity to spend our money and not cheat on this game. It's not fun if we get Punished for this.

2) Forums. Force new members to link their MW ID and Name when signing up for a new Forum Account. You don't need to retroactivate it since the current members are most likely active and once you ban the few bad apples this measure will help prevent the forums from turning into a place i don't want to come. If this isn't an option then lets discuss a few moderators that would be willing to help you with the forums.

3) Improve the boss interaction with high level players. Why Punish the players who probably spend the most money and have probably been playing the game the longest? Even if someone can't make it to the final boss they should be able to make it past Boss 4. Consider making it easier for the average active player to get to boss 20. Then they might consider spending the gold to get further in the game?

4) This is my personal one which is why i'm listing it last but explain how the boss works. why does my attack go up and down between bosses as a percentage of my Raw or boosted attack? There is as high as a 25% Variance i've seen from one boss to another based on my stats. (if cash attack was always lower than my raw or bossted stats that would be fine but it's not consistent. Also i stopped getting splash Screens for the Boss so i don't know when they are scheduled to end? Can you add a timer in game?

*Note i didn't bring up the Invisible Boost Units because Ferr is already pushing that one.

Selfproclaimed
10-03-2012, 09:55 AM
Support... I ask for a gold refund for chasing a unit that came to find out ,doesn't work and is invisible. An event that says a WEEK special but only last 4 days. And they tell me no on the refund , no on the sale because there picking certain people. If I had spent money trying to get a talking robot and found out it didn't even talk, I should be entitled to any money I spent trying to obtain it. But no ,apparently, normal business ethics don't apply to them... I will never spend another penny ,or answer any questions for gree. Support even redirects people to the forums for help. My thread alone has helped thousands. That's thousands of potential tickets that could of been them answering all these questions. I ask everyone, no matter how little your question is from here on out, send in a ticket,after all, if does say contact support for help. Flood them

vaporeon
10-03-2012, 09:58 AM
I would like to see causality rates go down or where you can choose what units go out to battle. The rate I lose units are way to high. There is no reason I should lose a unit that cost 750,000+ at least twice when I attack on when I'm attacked.

Dhusagar
10-03-2012, 10:15 AM
Priority 1 - fix the hacks
Priority 2 - fix the hackers
Priority 3 - rationalise all unit bugs

Nullin
10-03-2012, 10:24 AM
1- fix hackers
2- remove more than 1 ally t a time
3- storage for when you want to rearrange base
4- put your allies in order from lowest to highest or other way ( goes with #2 )

albeezy
10-03-2012, 10:28 AM
3) Improve the boss interaction with high level players. Why Punish the players who probably spend the most money and have probably been playing the game the longest? Even if someone can't make it to the final boss they should be able to make it past Boss 4. Consider making it easier for the average active player to get to boss 20. Then they might consider spending the gold to get further in the game?

I agree with all the suggestions above, but defintely can say that I WOULD spend gold to beat the boss if it were more reasonable. I have spent gems on the last three boss events in KA to get to 30 because I can get there for less than a mountain of gems (on average I spend between 170-210). I would LOVE to beat 35 bosses in MW and get the units but if it is going to cost me 300-400 bucks to do it and there is no boost at the end I WILL NOT.

Perhaps some clarification as to WHY it is so much harder after level 101?

Poopenshire
10-03-2012, 11:57 AM
I stand by the statement of the No Cas/Low Cas glitch. I know we have been told alot of times its not reallya glitch but man, sometimes these players destroy the balance of power and mess with game. For some reason I get so many coming at me, probably becuase I have high BP pay out, but I am tired of losing millions in units and thousands in valor defending myself from people who never if at all lose units.

General Soviet
10-03-2012, 12:07 PM
Definetely the Boss events for high-level players. Why should it be easier for low level players to beat the boss, instead of us dedicated high level players? I went from getting through 15 bosses at level 90 to only being able to get 7 completed at 100. Hopefully they will fix this.

Thief
10-03-2012, 02:23 PM
I would like to see causality rates go down or where you can choose what units go out to battle. The rate I lose units are way to high. There is no reason I should lose a unit that cost 750,000+ at least twice when I attack on when I'm attacked.

I hear you on this. I certainly agree and had reccomended the Toggle on/off feature for your troops awhile ago but i'm not sure what kind of Change that the game would have to endure. It certainly has advantages and adds strategy to the game but this would have to be more of a Wishlist Item i believe. Now lower casualty Rates would be nice too as Casualty Rates are too high....but i guess thats why i only attack during events to pick up boxes...i can't afford anything more and i make over 800k an hour. I think one of the Reasons we have high Casualty Rates is that we can reduce our allies in the game to reduce our losses.

With that Being Said I don't think its unreasonable at all to ask for.

Thief
10-03-2012, 02:34 PM
So Far What i'm hearing is the following Individuals have mentioned the following: If you believe i misunderstood your post then please be patient and help me get a better understanding. I Created the list Based on When it was Mentioned and then moved up according to how many "votes/Mentiones it was given by someone)

Update Security to Reduce Hacking---3
Improve Boss (for HLP)---3
Explain How Boss Works---2
Fix Casualty Rates (Too High/Glitched Players)---2
Improve Forums---1
Better in Game Support---1
Tweak Allies List---1
Freedome to Re-Arrange Base without Required Extra Room---1
rationalise all unit bugs (As mentioned this is being headed up by Ferr so was excluded)

Ganja
10-03-2012, 02:44 PM
Support... no on the sale because there picking certain people. If

Dude - tell them that is A BIG F'n LIE. RESEND THAT REQUEST AGAIN... I can understand if they just sent the a message to the select few but it was advertised in Tweeter and Facebook. The fact that it was advertised on a public domain makes it a general advertisement and contrary to what they claim as "select few".

edit: see my PM

elangomatt
10-03-2012, 05:21 PM
The thing that I have been wanting since I started playing is the ability to see our entire army. I am not asking for it to be displayed after every battle, but I think it is silly that we just have to guess what our units are or maintain a spreadsheet in excel. I think that there should just be another couple tabs added to the profile page to show our attacking army and our defending army. Keeping track of your army manually outside of the game is just so time consuming and if you don't religiously keep up with it it quickly becomes inaccurate if you are doing attacks.

Oh and this is just a bug but it'd be nice to be able to click on my inventory items with my iPad and not have the game lock up every time.

Baller
10-03-2012, 06:14 PM
I agree..the only reason they have higher stats is becausebof that..they attack you like crazy..they got low missions completed, low iph..that's mess up

ohgreatitsryan
10-03-2012, 06:34 PM
What about fixing glitches with bosses that are costing money and health for hits but not taking any damage and doing anything about myself and the other players that lost money/units/time on the last boss event that would glitch and award nothing? Or at the very least testing future bosses for these issues before rolling them out, or responding to tickets to let players know something has been done, rather than closing tickets after simply telling them "we know this is happening."

vaporeon
10-03-2012, 07:09 PM
To add on to my last post, you should be allowed to pick what units you want to attack with and what units you want to defend with. Not let the game pick for you.

Also, please add a way for us to look at our units. Allow us to click on a unit and it would bring up another screen with all its information, boost and other stuff.

manbeast
10-03-2012, 07:09 PM
-casualty glitch. Fix it or give it to me!
-boss-over lvl 100 is totally not fair. It is stupid how they discriminate against high lvl players!
-new buildings!

BigDog146400220
10-03-2012, 07:37 PM
Fix the rivals list. The fact that upper level players can see me and i am below level 100 is absurd. It would be like my player being able to attack a player at level 40. Support even admitted on a ticket response that it was bad situation but were not willing to fix it. Fixing it might upset the upper level players ... I said so what?? I will get up there eventually!

-Casualty glitch will never be fixed because they don't know how to do it.
-The invisible Bear and Striker will never be fixed because they don't know how to do it.
-Bosses above 100 will never be rectified because their only goal is to make money and could care less about making it fair for all players. (Making it easy for low level players allows them to bait them into playing longer and possibly spending at later date. Same reason for the gold sale on LLP accounts. Entice the non-gold players. Once you are at higher levels they have already got you. They know most gold spenders will still buy with 20% sale so why be generous and give them a 40% sale... That would only be less money made).

BigDog146400220
10-03-2012, 08:05 PM
Don't call the rivals list debacle a glitch. It isn't a glitch. The shifting in the rivals list was done on purpose (was told that too).

Thief
10-04-2012, 08:35 AM
To add on to my last post, you should be allowed to pick what units you want to attack with and what units you want to defend with. Not let the game pick for you.

Also, please add a way for us to look at our units. Allow us to click on a unit and it would bring up another screen with all its information, boost and other stuff.

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?36778-Toggle-Offense-On-Off. Check out this older Thread to See the Discussion. Obviously i'm a fan but hopefully it will give you an insight as to what others thought of it.

Angel 2
10-05-2012, 12:17 AM
1. Add a bookmark function to the threads in a forum - it is time consuming identifying where you were up to in order to read the new messages. (I am new to the forums so perhaps this feature exists and I am not aware of it?)

2. Put me down for the view army as it relates to Att/Def - will make planning unit purchases much easier

Hivesy
10-05-2012, 02:04 AM
bosses for levels 101+ - agreed

no cas glitch - agreed

being able to view the units I've spent hard earnt in game and real world cash on - agreed (a unit screen showing boosts etc and a large picture would be perfect, in fact just fix the glitch on ipads where we can't view units from our inventory)

allies list - some of my friends who I allied with many months a go are now 8 pages of scrolling away from me being able to visit them, it seems Gree are trying to increase the social aspect of the game so surely a search option or at least the ability to organise our own allies so we can interact easily should be high on the list of things to include.

new buildings - agreed (they have them sat there but won't use them, why on earth not!!??)

Giedrybe
10-05-2012, 02:20 AM
First priority is game balance. So
1. hackers - hunt them down more effectivelly, create game code with is much more secure than it currently is looking at the number of hackers reported here.
2. casualty glitch - if it exists, it threatens game balance.
Second priority is making game more attractive, more competitive and more strategic. So

for attractive:
- more in game options (ally search, no crashing, inventory search, army window, battle reports when defending)
for competitive:
- more cash unit options with higher defense/offense values. They should be expensive, but available. Should be even special event for cash units - like available only two weeks, like for players who reached certain target within time limit etc.
for strategic:
- honestly there are few strategies to play MW compared to some other games. Really it is gold strategy, camping strategy, no strategy and some mixes of these mentioned ones. Such game situations when you need to choose which way to go, involve a lot of people. Everybody believes in his own strategy and wants to see the outcome. It keeps you in the game. So such things like selecting your units which will go to attack, which will defend etc will make for competitive and strategic game. There could be such parameter like moral, which plays part in formula. Units could get tired, injured etc. Of course for gold you can heal them or make them fresh again, if you want to.

Finally - make people to come to forum. Educate MW population to play the game. Make population more competitive. Prepare your resources accordingly - as currently forums are not moderated enough. Stop multi accounts. Make sure that forum moderator makes up a weekly list of problems/ideas/improvements mentioned in the forum to present them in your weekly meetings of developes/engineers/whatever it is called in your organization in order to go through it and know what bugs are found by players and pick up nice ideas for future game development. Use it (as it helps you free of charge), don't ignore it (as it punishes you in lost revenue).