PDA

View Full Version : Building upgrades times reduced...?

Fricco
10-03-2012, 09:27 AM
Anyone else notice that upgrade times are reduced ?

Yesterday i started a Lvl 3 missile turret upgrade time was 18h.
today it was down to 13.4hr... (cost the same 1.4mill)
I do own the Loaded Dice and Street Demon but cant remember
if either work on DEF buildings or if the time reduction justifies the % they deduct ?
(id like to ASSUME that they have been working properly from the jump but we know how that goes)

Euchred
10-03-2012, 09:28 AM
Is it possible that the boost items stack now?

murf
10-03-2012, 10:53 AM
I noticed that too, I was ungrading my PT->L4 and instead of 39hr it was 29hrs...I have whatever weapon reduces upgrade time by 25%, but that's it....

Fricco
10-03-2012, 11:14 AM
I noticed that too, I was ungrading my PT->L4 and instead of 39hr it was 29hrs...I have whatever weapon reduces upgrade time by 25%, but that's it....

So there is an extra boost from somewhere.
PT upgrade @ lvl 4 is 52.73hr - 25% from dice puts you @ 39hr
So we are both gaining an additional % from something ????

G Wiz
10-03-2012, 11:18 AM
I'm just not gonna question it. Maybe the boost of an item got tied up into the regular game data somehow and everyone got a perk for free. (I questioned it)

Sav Clarke
10-03-2012, 11:19 AM
I'm not seeing any difference - just upgrade my rock cafe to L4 and its taking the correct 40 hours.

I wish Gree would give people a chance to win the items from the good old days like the dice. I missed out on loads of them :(

PawnXIIX
10-03-2012, 11:25 AM
Mine seems to be functioning correctly with just the street demon. The 10% decrease is being applied appropriately.

What device are you guys on?

EDIT: There's a new data out, let me check to see what they changed, if anything, in terms of stat boosting items.

dudeman
10-03-2012, 11:28 AM
They could be playing around with some codes maybe. I was told that they would be working on getting the Cobra Roadster working soon, maybe they're having temporary issues doing so. Who knows, maybe there was a window when things were really out of place that resulted in a few people getting lucky before normality was restored.

I'm already planning an upgrade for a little later this afternoon that should take 45 minutes to finish if everything is working the way it should be. 50 minutes if the Roadster is still not working. If there's still something funky happening with the game in two hours, maybe it will be much quicker than 45 minutes.

PawnXIIX
10-03-2012, 11:31 AM
Do any of you guys have the loaded dice? They have an event going marked "10/02/12 safe deposit box event"

Prize is Loaded Dice (4 variants) 25% reduced construction time.

I think that is messing with the old version of it?

dudeman
10-03-2012, 11:39 AM
Do any of you guys have the loaded dice? They have an event going marked "10/02/12 safe deposit box event"

Prize is Loaded Dice (4 variants) 25% reduced construction time.

I think that is messing with the old version of it?

The only "faster upgraded" item I don't have is the one that's android exclusive.

DenZ1
10-03-2012, 11:48 AM
I've noticed it two. Has both speed up items and upgrade times are still way better then before.

PawnXIIX
10-03-2012, 11:50 AM
Does anybody have the Loaded Dice though?

DenZ1
10-03-2012, 11:51 AM
Have both dice and demon.

PawnXIIX
10-03-2012, 11:55 AM
Have both dice and demon.

Right now the dice is in the data for having a 25% decrease of construction time. It is for the next event.

Fricco
10-03-2012, 11:55 AM
I stated in the OP i had both items (Dice and Speed demon)

Fricco
10-03-2012, 11:57 AM
The only "faster upgraded" item I don't have is the one that's android exclusive.

Dudeman what is the % of the 3 items you have ?

PawnXIIX
I stated in the OP i had both items (Dice and Speed demon)

I started asking it as a general thing the everyone who reported it, but it got buried.

It's in the data twice as a bonus item. Come on Gree.

dudeman
Right now the dice is in the data for having a 25% decrease of construction time. It is for the next event.

The Loaded Dice was from the Diamond Pendant event back around Easter. It started out as a 10% faster bonus and was changed to 25% mid-event.

If they are doing another Loaded Dice event, maybe it's going to be android exclusive?

PawnXIIX
10-03-2012, 12:00 PM
The Loaded Dice was from the Diamond Pendant event back around Easter. It started out as a 10% faster bonus and was changed to 25% mid-event.

If they are doing another Loaded Dice event, maybe it's going to be android exclusive?

Yes, I imagine that it's going to be Android exclusive.

What i'm trying to get at is that it has 2 stackable modifiers on it. It has the original 10% increase and now it had a further 25% increase on it because of the way they coded it.

dudeman
10-03-2012, 12:03 PM
Yes, I imagine that it's going to be Android exclusive.

What i'm trying to get at is that it has 2 stackable modifiers on it. It has the original 10% increase and now it had a further 25% increase on it because of the way they coded it.

That's weird. It's SUPPOSED to be 25%, why would they stack a 10% and a 15% on the same item? Or are you saying that's what changed and it's messing with everything?

PawnXIIX
10-03-2012, 12:06 PM
That's weird. It's SUPPOSED to be 25%, why would they stack a 10% and a 15% on the same item? Or are you saying that's what changed and it's messing with everything?

Oh wow, I fail. I was looking at the wrong line. It IS 25% originally, then they have the new event which gives out a loaded dice that has a 25% increase AGAIN. Lol?

What changed is that they added a new line of code but what they should have done was create and entirely new item category. Either that or they should have not copied and pasted the android code into the IOS code, and left this out completely.

murf
10-03-2012, 12:32 PM
Oh wow, I fail. I was looking at the wrong line. It IS 25% originally, then they have the new event which gives out a loaded dice that has a 25% increase AGAIN. Lol?

What changed is that they added a new line of code but what they should have done was create and entirely new item category. Either that or they should have not copied and pasted the android code into the IOS code, and left this out completely.

Sorry, Pawn, I have the dice...so it looks like it's applying the discount twice...maybe I should upgrade my Lofts (139 hrs) to L8 and save an extra 25% upgrade time before they fix it...lol

DenZ1
10-03-2012, 12:43 PM
Sorry, Pawn, I have the dice...so it looks like it's applying the discount twice...maybe I should upgrade my Lofts (139 hrs) to L8 and save an extra 25% upgrade time before they fix it...lol

My upgrade is on its way :) L7 though.

dudeman
10-03-2012, 01:01 PM
All right, my upgrade finally finished so I was able to do a quick Muay Thai 1 > 2 to see what's going on. I was already planning to do that to check the Cobra Roadster, so here's what I found:

The Cobra Roadster is now working. :D
The Street Demons still works. :cool:
The Loaded Dice has two "25% faster" stacked the same way two different items/bonuses normally stack.

My Muay Thai upgrade only takes ~36 minutes, which is the same conclusion I came to after calculating regular time of 1:15 - 25% - 25% - 10% - 10%.

DenZ1
10-03-2012, 01:15 PM
All right, my upgrade finally finished so I was able to do a quick Muay Thai 1 > 2 to see what's going on. I was already planning to do that to check the Cobra Roadster, so here's what I found:

The Cobra Roadster is now working. :D
The Street Demons still works. :cool:
The Loaded Dice has two "25% faster" stacked the same way two different items/bonuses normally stack.

My Muay Thai upgrade only takes ~36 minutes, which is the same conclusion I came to after calculating regular time of 1:15 - 25% - 25% - 10% - 10%.
How did you get Cobra man? What iph do you have? (Off topic)

PawnXIIX
10-03-2012, 01:16 PM

It was most collected, unlike the big earners tourney :p

dudeman
10-03-2012, 01:21 PM

I'm still a bit surprised and the whole anniversary event is still clear as mud to me, but maybe this(?):

It was most collected, unlike the big earners tourney :p

To answer your other question, DenZ1, my IPH just passed $2 million the other day.

dudeman
10-03-2012, 01:41 PM
UPDATE

One of the 10% faster bonuses has stopped working, presumably the Roadster. The Loaded Dice are still bugged.

I just started an upgrade that would normally complete in 68.55 hours with NO modifiers. It is due to complete in about 34 hours. (SO not convenient or even close to being synched! :mad:)

That's 68.55 - 25% - 25% - 10%. Or, 68.55 - 17.1375 - 12.853125 - 3.8559375 = ~34.7

These upgrade times are inconvenient. Nerf that one 25% down to 10% where it should be! Lol

Euchred
10-03-2012, 04:59 PM
Started a level 9 NC upgrade only going to take 90 hours hmmmm I guess I'll take it as recompense for the roadster not working yet.

Babytway
10-03-2012, 06:16 PM
i say be happy you get more done in less time. don't worry about syncing i will sync for you :)

dudeman
10-03-2012, 06:23 PM
i say be happy you get more done in less time. don't worry about syncing i will sync for you :)

Nah, I'm not complaining. The upgrade I started would have been just fine, but I waited almost 40 minutes too long. Shouldn't have done that pointless Muay Thai upgrade!

And I guess if they want to leave it at -25%, -10%, and another -25% instead of a -10% it's fine. I'll just throw in some defense buildings with different weird times to even it all out. Doesn't work well with a game plan focusing on IPH, but maybe the small defense gains will add up eventually.

Babytway
10-03-2012, 06:30 PM
no defense upgrades you gonna make it harder for me :)

dudeman
10-03-2012, 06:41 PM
no defense upgrades you gonna make it harder for me :)

That's ok, everyone took a bit of a defense hit today when the Skullcrusher Flail got sent to everyone by mistake. It might take more than a few defense building upgrades to make up the difference.

I figure most people who didn't get it aren't likely going to be people who attack me, which means most of the rivals who are going to rob/attack me did get it. As far as I'm concerned, my effective mafia defense is based on 498 mafia size now.

Locks
10-03-2012, 07:26 PM
Good point Dudeman, very good thing to keep in mind. Rats.... ... .. ... ... . . . ....

PawnXIIX
10-03-2012, 08:02 PM
That's ok, everyone took a bit of a defense hit today when the Skullcrusher Flail got sent to everyone by mistake.

Well, only people who did the 600 hits. I have yet to find somebody in my rival list who has it :3