PDA

View Full Version : Is SOS good?

Auxilium
10-03-2012, 09:07 AM
I've been reading some threads about the best things to buy for respect and i've noticed that almost no-one is talking about the sawn off shotgun. With stats of 22/14 for 360 respect compared to the NVB with 16/16 for 300 respect the best deal is the SOS. Am i missing something?

sez
10-03-2012, 09:10 AM
I've been reading some threads about the best things to buy for respect and i've noticed that almost no-one is talking about the sawn off shotgun. With stats of 22/14 for 360 respect compared to the NVB with 16/16 for 300 respect the best deal is the SOS. Am i missing something?

You will replace them with RPG's later on, making them a waste of RP. If you need the stat boost now then by all means scoop some up. All you need to do to get more RP is play the game :-)

SevenO9
10-03-2012, 09:11 AM
Well there is the RPG which will replace your SOS sooner or later. And there are plenty of guns in game so melee / armor / car might be the better investment. And there used to be a farmable gun so lots of the older players didn't invest RP in guns.

Edit: Damn, too slow

sexkitteh
10-03-2012, 09:12 AM
As far I'm concerned you only need about 100 NVB....

so if you want to wait and unlock the SOS and buy 100 of those... it's up to you...

but even 100 NVB is kind of a waste...

Stock Slayer
10-03-2012, 09:13 AM
one is armor, one is a gun. heck, bring em both.

Stock Slayer
10-03-2012, 09:13 AM
senior member?! sweet

Auxilium
10-03-2012, 09:14 AM
Thanks for the insane fast and good answers. I have 40 NVB's now and i like allot attack:) But i think to balance my stats a bit i should still stcik to NVB for now until i get a little more. The probably save for chain whips:)

Dipstik
10-03-2012, 09:15 AM
It's not bad, but you generally don't want to waste rp on items that won't have a long term value. In the higher levels you'll want RPGs. Also, back when most of us would have thought about buying those, it was easier to farm m4a1s. Look them up for lulz and drama.

sexkitteh
10-03-2012, 09:20 AM
Thanks for the insane fast and good answers. I have 40 NVB's now and i like allot attack:) But i think to balance my stats a bit i should still stcik to NVB for now until i get a little more. The probably save for chain whips:)

Get about 50 - and then just hold off till chainwhips - the other reason people say NO to the SOS is because guns with high stats are much easier to come across...

It's not always about stats - but about a balanced inventory.

Therefore exeleros are your best investment - bang for buck.

AND DON'T BUY ANY OTHER LOW TIER RP ITEMS!

Only exelero, launchers, chain whips, and full combat gear/nvb if needed.

Auxilium
10-03-2012, 09:22 AM
I will go for the long term investment, already have a huge load of tommy guns so they are backing me up enough. I'm not concerned about my stats at this point.

I know all about the m4a1's and the unfortunate removal.. But might start a topic were i can find those, i only get the rusty ones. Just to revive the old stuff:p

SevenO9
10-03-2012, 09:22 AM
To cut a long story short: Wait for Chain Whips and go nuts on them. 300 won't hurt propably.

sexkitteh
10-03-2012, 09:24 AM
To cut a long story short: Wait for Chain Whips and go nuts on them. 300 won't hurt propably.

Getting 300 chainwhips will take a long time - you will probably have exeleros unlocked by then...

I suggest 200 CW and then save for exeleros...

This is assuming you aren't doing any missions...

Auxilium
10-03-2012, 09:26 AM
Get about 50 - and then just hold off till chainwhips - the other reason people say NO to the SOS is because guns with high stats are much easier to come across...

It's not always about stats - but about a balanced inventory.

Therefore exeleros are your best investment - bang for buck.

Only exelero, launchers, chain whips, and full combat gear/nvb if needed.

Thanks for your advice. My next 3k respect will be used for the last NVB and then i save it all for the Chain Whips. I think i can buy a nice amount when those are available because i love robbing Lofts and Laundromats :)

Stopped doing that 40 NVB's ago;)

Auxilium
10-03-2012, 09:31 AM
Getting 300 chainwhips will take a long time - you will probably have exeleros unlocked by then...

I suggest 200 CW and then save for exeleros...

This is assuming you aren't doing any missions...

I'm going slow with my level because i aim for Lofts and Laundromats for the best xp and rp ratio. I only do missions to get boxes for the event. But last event was so terrible i might skip the first day or two and then steal them from other players.

*Sorry for not using multi quote, i'm on my phone atm.

sexkitteh
10-03-2012, 09:32 AM
I'm going slow with my level because i aim for Lofts and Laundromats for the best xp and rp ratio. I only do missions to get boxes for the event. But last event was so terrible i might skip the first day or two and then steal them from other players.

*Sorry for not using multi quote, i'm on my phone atm.

Sounds like you are on the right track :)

Auxilium
10-03-2012, 09:36 AM
It also feels like it. Only found 1 gold spender i can't rob so other then that, going good. All thanks to this forum:)

Sav Clarke
10-03-2012, 11:29 AM
I saved my RP - bought a few full combat gears whilst waiting to get to L115 and then blew over 220K on excelero's. Was a huge stat increase. I did that cos it's my personnel opinion that vechicles are harder to come by in the game. Every week or so, I put all my inventory items on a spredsheet so I know what areas to improve, I could see that replacing the junkers with excelero's was easily the way to go

PawnXIIX
10-03-2012, 11:35 AM
I did that cos it's my personnel opinion that vechicles are harder to come by in the game.

Right on the money. Vehicles are statistically one of the weaker sections of players accounts because of their cost and few good farming spots :p