PDA

View Full Version : Worst I have ever seen it

Bronson
10-03-2012, 07:44 AM
Well feck me this forum has turned to crap!

I cant even be bothered to lurk anymore as you have to sift thru 100 posts of $hit before you find something decent to read.

Whoever the bellend is creating all the CCM and Mortal Kombat profiles, you aint funny, rule 1 of hijacking - make people laugh otherwise you just look like a tit and you look like a tit!

If I don't get the forum love-tap for this then my real peeps can PM me but other than that I'm out. I hope something gets sorted out to make this place enjoyable again for those that contribute in a positive manner but this place has gotten worse than the CC forum and thats saying something.

bushobama
10-03-2012, 07:51 AM
i hear you loud and clear, but crime city cow's avatar is hilarious... and the R.I.P. WP thread is at least a comedic jab at the MW forums moderation, or lack thereof... for what it's worth.

Ryans67
10-03-2012, 08:25 AM
It's sad, they really need to do something to stop all the trash....

albeezy
10-03-2012, 08:25 AM

I cant even be bothered to lurk anymore as you have to sift thru 100 posts of $hit before you find something decent to read.

Whoever the bellend is creating all the CCM and Mortal Kombat profiles, you aint funny, rule 1 of hijacking - make people laugh otherwise you just look like a tit and you look like a tit!

If I don't get the forum love-tap for this then my real peeps can PM me but other than that I'm out. I hope something gets sorted out to make this place enjoyable again for those that contribute in a positive manner but this place has gotten worse than the CC forum and thats saying something.

I am in total agreement with you Bronsizzle! I have been contemplating doing the same and am just about to the tipping point.

Vballmadam
10-03-2012, 08:49 AM

I'm with you! Don't stop by or post as much. Miss the good ol' forum!

Chetti Knight
10-03-2012, 08:57 AM
I absolutely agree.
I have been trolling the forum for a long time before I finally joined.
I learned a lot from the senior members and truly have learned a lot about strategies for the game.
Now these clowns come in and make it annoying for the people who come here to share ideas.

albeezy
10-03-2012, 09:02 AM
I absolutely agree.
I have been trolling the forum for a long time before I finally joined.
I learned a lot from the senior members and truly have learned a lot about strategies for the game.
Now these clowns come in and make it annoying for the people who come here to share ideas.

LOL I think you meant lurking not trolling. Glad we can be of help!

Fl@sh
10-03-2012, 09:04 AM
I haven't learned anything interesting on these forums in weeks...

Dirty Doug
10-03-2012, 09:04 AM
Yes, this place is a mess. Really need to rework the way new members are allowed to join. Someone in another thread came up with the idea of only allowing one forum account per game account, needing your game name and game id to join the forum. That is a great idea. Once you get banned, you'd need to buy a new iPod to get back into the forum. That would solve all problems.

IF they even attempted something like that it would probably take a long time to implement and by then there will be nothing left here but trolls unfortunately.

Chetti Knight
10-03-2012, 09:09 AM
LOL I think you meant lurking not trolling. Glad we can be of help!

Yea that's what I meant. Thanks

Thief
10-03-2012, 09:16 AM
Yes, this place is a mess. Really need to rework the way new members are allowed to join. Someone in another thread came up with the idea of only allowing one forum account per game account, needing your game name and game id to join the forum. That is a great idea. Once you get banned, you'd need to buy a new iPod to get back into the forum. That would solve all problems.

IF they even attempted something like that it would probably take a long time to implement and by then there will be nothing left here but trolls unfortunately.

YES!!!! This is what i'm talking about! I'm glad someone saw it! I was bummed that CCM decided to lock the thread but not actually comment on that part.

It should be a priority to prevent the Forums from dying i think. I know that Gree has lots of problems but the Forums would be easy to fix.

If the Forums were linked to your game then they could potentially Ban you in the forums and in game for your actions on the forums as well.

CCM I really do hope you get to read this and pass this idea along.

Arizona
10-03-2012, 09:22 AM
I've suggested this to Mark a few times, and once more this morning.
Gree does it for devices.. one device, one game. Tapjoy link your account to one device. The forum is a free for all.

Mad
10-03-2012, 09:25 AM
That is a great idea. I wonder as MW shuts down some of the the hackers a couple may be coming to the forum to stir up trouble.

Maverick50727
10-03-2012, 09:35 AM
YES!!!! This is what i'm talking about! I'm glad someone saw it! I was bummed that CCM decided to lock the thread but not actually comment on that part.

It should be a priority to prevent the Forums from dying i think. I know that Gree has lots of problems but the Forums would be easy to fix.

If the Forums were linked to your game then they could potentially Ban you in the forums and in game for your actions on the forums as well.

CCM I really do hope you get to read this and pass this idea along.
Sorry, but I don't see that as an easy solution. If you have ever once posted your ID in your signature, on your wall, provided it to anyone, etc. Then anyone could register using your ID and get you banned. It would be real hard to tie your existing ID to a game account, but if they could do it, it may be worth while to look at.

Holding some accountable in game also is an idea, but history has shown that the two are treated differently.

The other thing I would worry about is someone posting as you. I once saw a post in a thread done under my ID that I did not make. I quickly notified CCM about that in fear of hacking or possible account/thread corruption. I have never seen it again, but if anyone ever sees a post that is offensive or doesn't sound like me, let me know.

If people are serious about the forum, the solution starts with themselves not with banning others. Decorum in the Forum as stated in Hello Kitty's thread is the place to start. Giving power to the thread's creator/owner would help too. Give the thread owner the moderator power on any thread they create. They could delete comments out that do not belong, except those made by devs or moderators like CCM.

Dirty Doug
10-03-2012, 09:55 AM
Sorry, but I don't see that as an easy solution. If you have ever once posted your ID in your signature, on your wall, provided it to anyone, etc. Then anyone could register using your ID and get you banned. It would be real hard to tie your existing ID to a game account, but if they could do it, it may be worth while to look at.

The way I was talking about wouldn't actually only use your ID and game name, sorry if I wasn't as clear in explaining what I got from reading Theif's post. What I was thinking is in your game there is the tab for your funzio ID. The tab used for transfering your device I believe. In there, you have to give your email. So my thought was if "In game", you register your game to allow you to use the forums. Doing it that way, your email, game name, and game ID would all need to match.

Hivesy
10-03-2012, 09:56 AM
Community mods is the only way forwards. Agree a timetable between a group of us (I don't mind volunteering for some of it) and have a certain amount of time each viewing the forum. Across the different timezones I reckon we could monitor this place vitually 24/7.

That way as soon as Joaquim starts another thread as crime city idiot or whatever it gets deleted immediately.

Hackers can set up as many accounts as they like but if every single thread gets deleted after 2 minutes they will get bored quicker than the mods will.

This place will be cleaned up and back to proper MW chat in a couple of weeks.

WDYT CCM?

Mad
10-03-2012, 09:57 AM

Holding some accountable in game also is an idea, but history has shown that the two are treated differently.

The other thing I would worry about is someone posting as you. I once saw a post in a thread done under my ID that I did not make. I quickly notified CCM about that in fear of hacking or possible account/thread corruption. I have never seen it again, but if anyone ever sees a post that is offensive or doesn't sound like me, let me know.

If people are serious about the forum, the solution starts with themselves not with banning others. Decorum in the Forum as stated in Hello Kitty's thread is the place to start. Giving power to the thread's creator/owner would help too. Give the thread owner the moderator power on any thread they create. They could delete comments out that do not belong, except those made by devs or moderators like CCM.

Exactly, in the meantime we need to ignore the idiots. If we quit responding to them they will eventually leave. What made it bad is many posters started posting in their threads and engaging these guys thinking that would drive them away.

Arizona
10-03-2012, 10:01 AM

Nope,
Didn't mean linking it in the way you referred. That would be too easy. I mean linking the account to a specific device, as Tapjoy do and as Gree do for the game. Sign up initially to the forum through your device. Your account is forever linked to one specific device. You want numerous accounts, then get numerous devices or reset the one you have to factory new each time.

Crime City Mark
10-03-2012, 10:02 AM
Community volunteers has been sitting on the backburner for a while now. I am just about to walk into a meeting with some higher-ups about the forums. When I get out I'll have a better idea of what's going on and what kind of timetable I can give for something like mods.

Alaska Ken
10-03-2012, 10:12 AM
Nothing personal Mark, but I'll believe it when I see it.

John Snow
10-03-2012, 10:12 AM
Community volunteers has been sitting on the backburner for a while now. I am just about to walk into a meeting with some higher-ups about the forums. When I get out I'll have a better idea of what's going on and what kind of timetable I can give for something like mods.

I hope you can take some of the other ideas suggested above to your meeting as well. The community mods wasn't the only good idea suggested. Thanks.

Aidan
10-03-2012, 10:48 AM
Just ban them as soon as they breathe. If you do that fast enough and continously, soon they'll be bored and moved on.

You were fast enough to ban a couple of good forum member (WP & baraka for eg) bcoz they broke one rule but left the trolls and racists ran amoks for days.

And guys stop feeding the trolls. They feed on your reaction

http://i1075.photobucket.com/albums/w421/sly715091/1DE6C979-7E88-4E6F-A3E9-BEC1E1AF0D4E-1022-00000067C9170DA1.jpg

Crime City Mark
10-03-2012, 10:53 AM
Just ban them as soon as they breathe. If you do that fast enough and continously, soon they'll be bored and moved on.

You were fast enough to ban a couple of good forum member (WP & baraka for eg) bcoz they broke one rule but left the trolls and racists ran amoks for days.

And guys stop feeding the trolls. They feed on your reaction

http://i1075.photobucket.com/albums/w421/sly715091/1DE6C979-7E88-4E6F-A3E9-BEC1E1AF0D4E-1022-00000067C9170DA1.jpg

WP was one of the trolls. The death threats after the temp ban I gave him pretty much resolved that.

dthfrmabv
10-03-2012, 11:00 AM
Bump this thread up! When I first joined the forum it felt like a library with some fun on the side but now its feels like a circus and 1-800-Ilike2vitch line.

I can't say I didn't participate on some as they where legit like those that Ferr posted and even some that where really nonsense too. Out of fun maybe but really (and please don't take any offense) for example an extended 5 pages of complaining on the name the unit is way too much. Specially it is for free. No one learned anything from that... by the way I did post something stupid on that thread too so I am as much guilty as the next person. I am just pointing it out. I'll refrain doing it and participate on more constructive matters.

albeezy
10-03-2012, 11:07 AM

So how did that meeting go?

dthfrmabv
10-03-2012, 11:11 AM

@CCM : they have done more than "sitting on the backburner". And I am saying this without any disrespect to anyone or any of the moderators or support staff... but I feel they had completely ignored legitimate forum members and players. I am saying these from my current experience. I have current issue that had been open for three weeks now - with a promise that has not been fulfilled yet. I had made numerous follow up and patiently patiently waiting for a reply. As of today ZERO replies after I was told it will be corrected and honored. This was three weeks ago!

Agent Orange
10-03-2012, 11:14 AM
Moderation, can be a double edged sword. The trick would be to find people with thick skins because they are going to get crapped upon but also people that can be fair even when getting dumped upon and that will be a neat trick.

In terms of forum members, not a half bad idea tying your forum account to game account. Perhaps what should have happened is when you first start playing the app takes you to the forum and builds yor account based on your app info. Granted those hacking their apps will probably sidetrack this easily.

I also don't think I'm the only one that thinks a lot of the crap in here is the result of being frustrated.....

Crime City Mark
10-03-2012, 11:23 AM
SSO for the forums is a really cool idea, and something I've brought up a few times. It's not something we're working on right now for various reasons. I have the green-light for a few forum improvements so I'm going to be working on those right away:

Community Mods
Forum restructuring (Suggestion Forum, Off-Topic Forum)
Upvote / Downvote features

Warfiend
10-03-2012, 11:26 AM
Bump this thread up! When I first joined the forum it felt like a library with some fun on the side but now its feels like a circus and 1-800-Ilike2vitch line.

That says what I wanted to say better than I could. I understand the frustrations that lead to the vitching, I am frustrated with things too, so it's hard for me to fault anyone for that. But the constantly feeding the circus trolls... people need to stop doing that.

And for humanity's sake, no one should ever again vote to immortalize a troll by naming a unit after them. That sends the message "we don't just feed trolls here, we honor them." Don't reward behavior you don't want to see more of, because what you reward, you will see more of.

Going forward, I'm going to start suggesting unit names in the contests based on the users here whose posts have been the most helpful to me. I encourage everyone to do that. If we can get a few units named to honor the better posters, that creates a social incentive for good behavior. It may not sound like much but things like that can have a substantial impact.

Hivesy
10-03-2012, 11:28 AM
So how did that meeting go?

Ha ha that would be the quickest board meeting ever!

Don't leave us hanging Mark, when you have an answer (today) whether good or bad news please communicate and let us know what is happening.

Thank you

Ok sorry you posted while I was reading other stuff, not sure if we're doing community mods or not? But thanks for an update of sorts.

Tate
10-03-2012, 11:41 AM
I would think that when, not if, we get forum moderation, they would have different log-in names than what they use now. Of course they will take a lot of grief from the other members but if they had names like "mod1" "mod2" etc it wouldn't be so bad on them when posting under their own names. But we really need some moderation here, as many of us have stated over the past months, the forums are going to crap.
Just my thoughts,

And thanks CCMark, for taking this to today's meeting!

Hellstorm
10-03-2012, 11:49 AM
It all started wih flan...

Copenhagen
10-03-2012, 11:51 AM
At one point I was of the opinion that the Forum was even better than the game itself. Now the game is tired and dying due to lack of attention be Gree. All it would take is for Gree to maintain the game by fixing the basic problems and adding some new buildings and units. The fixes are not big issues, yet nothing seems to ever get addressed with the same very basic issues going on for 6 plus months.

What's even worse is that this forum is complete crap as well due to, follow the theme now, a complete disregard by Gree. How this greedy company continues to undervalue marketing and customer retention is beyond me.

I used to track the forum closely and had developed some fun relationships and banter here, even helped set-up the So Cal Forum Bash. I haven't really posted anything usefull for a while now, resigned to a quick lurk every couple days. Sad to see the state of this freaking train wreck.

Copenhagen out....

Copenhagen
10-03-2012, 11:54 AM
I would think that when, not if, we get forum moderation, they would have different log-in names than what they use now. Of course they will take a lot of grief from the other members but if they had names like "mod1" "mod2" etc it wouldn't be so bad on them when posting under their own names. But we really need some moderation here, as many of us have stated over the past months, the forums are going to crap.
Just my thoughts,

And thanks CCMark, for taking this to today's meeting!

Why wasn't this done months ago? My guess is that nothing will come of this as nothing ever does. Keep buying the BS hope line, suckers.

Poopenshire
10-03-2012, 11:55 AM
SSO for the forums is a really cool idea, and something I've brought up a few times. It's not something we're working on right now for various reasons. I have the green-light for a few forum improvements so I'm going to be working on those right away:

Community Mods

Thanks, I know I am as guilty as the others for feeding these trolls, but it gets a bit on the annoying side dealing with them. I take it there will be a full frontal attack on them?

Hellstorm
10-03-2012, 12:06 PM
Who are the trolls anyway? Haven't been followinG the forum much for that reason.

dthfrmabv
10-03-2012, 12:11 PM
Thanks, I know I am as guilty as the others for feeding these trolls, but it gets a bit on the annoying side dealing with them. I take it there will be a full frontal attack on them?

It wouldn't be so bad to have a little hope. I am still hoping for a reply to my 3 week old issues...

Vballmadam
10-03-2012, 12:25 PM
At one point I was of the opinion that the Forum was even better than the game itself. Now the game is tired and dying due to lack of attention be Gree. All it would take is for Gree to maintain the game by fixing the basic problems and adding some new buildings and units. The fixes are not big issues, yet nothing seems to ever get addressed with the same very basic issues going on for 6 plus months.

What's even worse is that this forum is complete crap as well due to, follow the theme now, a complete disregard by Gree. How this greedy company continues to undervalue marketing and customer retention is beyond me.

I used to track the forum closely and had developed some fun relationships and banter here, even helped set-up the So Cal Forum Bash. I haven't really posted anything usefull for a while now, resigned to a quick lurk every couple days. Sad to see the state of this freaking train wreck.

Copenhagen out....

My feelings are the same!

Kudu22
10-03-2012, 12:27 PM
The crap that has been going on here for months on end is exactly the reason I don't post anymore. I rarely even lurk any more. Who wants to see the page after page of absolute loony dip****s throwing crap at each other like a bunch of red azz monkeys? All the good guys and ladies have fled. Banning people hasn’t stopped a thing and now azz clowns seem to run the site.

Corsair
10-03-2012, 12:29 PM

I can't say I didn't participate on some as they where legit like those that Ferr posted and even some that where really nonsense too. [...] I'll refrain doing it and participate on more constructive matters.Well said, felt the same way here when I first started, almost too much info to keep up with. We've all let our decorum slip; it's hard not to when faced with such an onslaught of neglect and spamming/trolling.

[...]the constantly feeding the circus trolls... people need to stop doing that.

And for humanity's sake, no one should ever again vote to immortalize a troll by naming a unit after them. That sends the message "we don't just feed trolls here, we honor them." Don't reward behavior you don't want to see more of, because what you reward, you will see more of.The funny thing about that is it was all CCM's doing. I think it was Albeezy who jokingly suggested the name, explicitly stating not to use that as his vote, but CCM used it anyway. When a mod immortalizes someone who is little more than a troll, well... no wonder things have gone downhill recently.

These things were all supposed to have been "coming soon" since early June (I see that announcement has since been deleted). For now I'm with Cope, I'll believe it if I see it, and I'll be happy if I do, but I won't be holding my breath.

Thief
10-03-2012, 12:38 PM

Community Mods

Thanks for the update CCM. Please try and keep us in the loop. I understand that with that it means you are likely to be held to those standards but right now Gree doesn't have the communication to us or the Belief from its members they will pull through. At least give us the most detailed information. Trust me i understand Project Environments and deadlines and how stressful they can be but we need to try and make both the game and the forums great again. Those suggestions that you made were certainly good ones.

Stay Tunned as i hope to get together a great thread of other issues that members would like to see worked on and while i understand we can fix them all overnight i would like to narrow down some of the issues to help give Gree quality feedback from a large pool of it's members.

Thunder Child
10-03-2012, 03:13 PM
Finally a thread worth reading from beginning to end!

The key must be to ignore the idiots, who have clearly avoided this thread so far.Good to see CCM involved!

Whatever my feelings about the game, I LOVED the Forum and the people I met here, as well as finding it useful. Not sure if I'll ever feel that again, but great to see so many of you stepping up again and wonderful NOT to have to wade through crap to read what you have to say.

Jhoemel
10-03-2012, 03:42 PM

Totally true bronson, thats what I feel too thats why i dont post that much

Nick-Clark1
10-03-2012, 03:51 PM
Who are the trolls anyway? Haven't been followinG the forum much for that reason.

Joaquim, he's created about 7 accounts total, pretty sure they are all banned. His latest incarnation was Scorpion.
I found him to be the most annoying of all the trolls on this forum.
Not sure who created all of the "CrimeCity[Insert name]" though.

bigflan
10-03-2012, 03:52 PM
I know who the crime city guy was but I cant tell

manbeast
10-03-2012, 03:55 PM
Joaquim, he's created about 7 accounts total, pretty sure they are all banned. His latest incarnation was Scorpion.
I found him to be the most annoying of all the trolls on this forum.
Not sure who created all of the "CrimeCity[Insert name]" though.

This place has gone to the dogs ( or cows for that matter)

i'm 99% sure wahkeem is joaquim.

Nick-Clark1
10-03-2012, 05:13 PM
I know who the crime city guy was but I cant tell

It's probably you then....

dthfrmabv
10-03-2012, 05:16 PM
... I LOVED the Forum and the people I met here.

ahhh TC I love you too man LOL!

bigflan
10-03-2012, 07:29 PM
It all started wih flan...

What started...

bigflan
10-03-2012, 07:31 PM
Well said, felt the same way here when I first started, almost too much info to keep up with. We've all let our decorum slip; it's hard not to when faced with such an onslaught of neglect and spamming/trolling.

The funny thing about that is it was all CCM's doing. I think it was Albeezy who jokingly suggested the name, explicitly stating not to use that as his vote, but CCM used it anyway. When a mod immortalizes someone who is little more than a troll, well... no wonder things have gone downhill recently.

These things were all supposed to have been "coming soon" since early June (I see that announcement has since been deleted). For now I'm with Cope, I'll believe it if I see it, and I'll be happy if I do, but I won't be holding my breath.

Wow

I'm called something I'm not

bigflan
10-03-2012, 07:44 PM
Flan is a troll he admitted to knowing the troll in previous postHe pmed me before he got banned and he clearly told me

Anyway people who think I'm the problem are wrong so I ignore them

Ganja
10-03-2012, 07:56 PM
sigh... this thread was starting to be okay then has gone to the waste basket among others:(

bigflan
10-03-2012, 08:02 PM
sigh... this thread was starting to be okay then has gone to the waste basket among others:(

Yup because of our friend waaakeem (AKA Joaquim) this is the people Bronson is talking about