PDA

View Full Version : Going For The Boss?

ckos
10-02-2012, 11:50 PM
Last boss, I got to 14 before I would have had to use gold. I've never seriously gone after the boss and am wondering if I should or could go for this Boss without breaking the bank. I know no strategy, other than the 3-2-2-2-2, etc. time/hit strategy.

Any thoughts, tips, or advice would be appreciated.

Here are my stats:

UK, level 98, 336 allies A/D 32271/52564 Boosted

Help?? I realize I willl need to max may allies.

I don't want to be spending a ton of gold.

Thanks

Giedrybe
10-03-2012, 01:17 AM
ckos, maybe you should say what is the amount of gold you'd be ready to spend for the final prize and all the units along the way. It really depends from it.

Generally level14 is early level. You will need a good amount of gold, Gree would love it. But start with defining your budget in this case.

ckos
10-03-2012, 01:41 AM
ckos, maybe you should say what is the amount of gold you'd be ready to spend for the final prize and all the units along the way. It really depends from it.

Generally level14 is early level. You will need a good amount of gold, Gree would love it. But start with defining your budget in this case.

It's tough to say. I have spent up to 3400 on the 10 crate event, but that hurt! I normally spend about 1100 - 1400 gold on 10 crate events. I see alot of people saying they've spent 700 - 1000 for the event. I might spend up to 1500?

It would depend on how far I could go at max allies without gold before I would commit to the boss.

Bronson
10-03-2012, 01:56 AM
When I beat the boss I was lvl 87 max allies and had over 45k attack unboosted. I used good from boss 21 onwards and cost 780 gold and was during the time it was only 30 bosses.

To get my attack as high and cheap as possible I bought about 450 biowarfare troops and spent all the valor I have made into super hornets.

If I was you I would use this next week to put all you cash into buying up high attack infantry units and build up a big pending list to go full ally and use your gold on the next boss event. I would say you would use over 2000 gold to win this one.

Giedrybe
10-03-2012, 01:59 AM
I'd say more than 2000 gold, but it really depends on your estimation till what level boss you can advance with max allies without gold.

Tctiger
10-03-2012, 02:14 AM
It's all on your level really , level 98 mw I can go to 17 without gold , level 30 cc I can go 40+ easy with no gold . So I think it's just ripping off people who have been playing a while and are more likely to pay and not know that if they started again they could do it for free , if you don't want to start again and want to win you have to spend big that's where they have you by the balls , just remember there are players lower who are getting what you are paying for for free.

BigDog146400220
10-03-2012, 03:51 AM
Ckos, we are at similar level with my attack prob about 6000 higher than yours. On the illuminati boss, I was able to get to 18 without gold. I think it was on 30 total and it took me about 1800 gold.

Giedrybe
10-03-2012, 04:11 AM
Then, considering +5 bosses and a bit less attack than bigdog, you should estimate about double amount of gold than bigdog has mentioned. My rough estimation.

DVL505
10-03-2012, 05:30 AM
You might also consider the attack/defence value of the grand prize and if you get a few rare and uncommon along the way you come out of the event better than buying LE's or spinning the three pack of crates using a vault or so of gold.

Blackstone
10-03-2012, 07:48 AM
You're at level 98, so just remember if you happen to level up past level 100 the boss event will become insanely difficult for you to pass and thus will cost more gold then you think.

Ryans67
10-03-2012, 10:11 AM
I would guess 2,200 gold, roughly. I don't think it's worth it. I would camp out like Bronson said, building up troops. That's kind of what I've been doing the last month. Figure in about another month of camping, and I should get the gold cost down from 1,400 for me, to 700-800 if I just spend time camping. That's my long term plan, and in the meantime I just take what I can for free from the bosses.

Corsair
10-03-2012, 12:03 PM
It's impossible to answer this without knowing your stats at full allies. It's very difficult to know that without actually doing it, unless you use a spreadsheet. They key with full allies is to have a decent base unit. For example, I have 500 Bio Warfare, I wouldn't suggest anything less than that. If you don't have that, the impact of adding allies is mitigated.

In my experience, from the late teens, each medpack will roughly get you an additional 3 levels, though this drops to 2 in the late 20's. The other problems are time and money. When you get to the 30's, each cash hit is costing you $150k+. It can cost you $6 or 7 mil just for one boss, so unless you have a monster IPH you can only do one a day. The other time factor is that you only have 10 minutes to do those hits over 13. That means you likely will need to use gold hits as well as medpacks. This is what really drives up the cost. When I did the Illuminati boss, I used roughly 1/3 of the gold I spent just on the last two bosses, and that was a 30 hit boss. You could very easily end up in the 1500-2000 range.

Dr. Dengus
10-03-2012, 12:16 PM
I'd advise what Bronson said, don't go for it this event and wait for the next boss. In the meantime, start doing valor missions like crazy (unless you already have a nice stockpile). Can you go over-vault w/o getting attacked successfully? If so, don't buy bio-warfare troops yet, as you'll just keep losing them while farming valor. Then when next event rolls around, dump valor into super hornets and the cash into bio-warfares. The bosses do get extremely expensive though towards the end, so following this strategy will make it nearly inevitable that you'll have to use mega attacks on the final bosses (making it more expensive than my estimated 1300 gold).

On the other hand, what level force degradation mission are you on? Because if you can get to boss 21 w/o spending gold yet, it's still going to cost you ~1300 gold (from healthpacks alone) to defeat the remaining 14 bosses. Since valor is somewhat finite, you might be better off saving your valor depending on the situation.

Ryans67
10-03-2012, 12:26 PM
Also, I wait for bosses that have a prize that coincides with my country. It's not a total deal breaker, but it is nice to get that extra boost.

ckos
10-03-2012, 01:07 PM
Thanks everyone :)

I think I WILL sit this one out. I had my doubts before I posted whether I would play or not. All your advice was greatly appreciated.

After all the sh!t that's been on the forum lately, It's refreshing to get some real advice from some of the the forum's Senoir Advisory Board ;p

JohnDough
10-03-2012, 01:42 PM
It's all on your level really , level 98 mw I can go to 17 without gold , level 30 cc I can go 40+ easy with no gold . So I think it's just ripping off people who have been playing a while and are more likely to pay and not know that if they started again they could do it for free , if you don't want to start again and want to win you have to spend big that's where they have you by the balls , just remember there are players lower who are getting what you are paying for for free.

How can you start the game over? I has never seen any reset buttons.

Ryans67
10-03-2012, 03:00 PM
How can you start the game over? I has never seen any reset buttons.

If you have an old device, or a friend who isn't looking....Transfer your game to that device, and then start a new one on yours.

Giedrybe
10-04-2012, 02:05 AM
ckos, in your case (if xp situation allows you) I would use this boss to go as far as possible without gold. Then you will know since what level you need to use it.

Having such info, you will be more precise in calculating how much gold potentially is needed to getting grand prize at 35 level boss.

All the rest is said already. You need to increase your attack power in most effective way ((attack value of unit bought - attack value of unit replaced) / price of unit bought). But it really depends if your ingame situation allows you to do it, if you are safe and strong in your environment. Then you can focus for boss. If not, priority is for surviving of course. Another thing which was not mentioned is to run cheap building upgrades during the boss event, as the cash will be needed for cash hits.

ckos
10-04-2012, 02:44 AM
I think I will use this as a test run.

I'll try to max my allies, as long as I could still go over vault safely, and see how far I could go with cash hits.

I have about 68,000 VP. My IPH is in the 850's K. My unit buildings are pretty poor though, so I'm very limited to my attack unit choices. I'll probably save the VP for when I go for the boss

Barracks 7
War Factory 7
Air field 6
Shipyard 6
Dry Docks 3
Elite training 2
Adv Airbase 2
Robotics 1

Blackstone
10-04-2012, 06:04 AM

I'll try to max my allies, as long as I could still go over vault safely, and see how far I could go with cash hits.

I have about 68,000 VP. My IPH is in the 850's K. My unit buildings are pretty poor though, so I'm very limited to my attack unit choices. I'll probably save the VP for when I go for the boss

Barracks 7
War Factory 7
Air field 6
Shipyard 6
Dry Docks 3
Elite training 2
Adv Airbase 2
Robotics 1

Your problem is when you pass level 100 it's game over for the boss events. Trust me, with your stats you might only make it past boss #2. I wish you luck, but just wanted to give you a heads up.

jay_usher
10-04-2012, 07:54 AM
You're at level 98, so just remember if you happen to level up past level 100 the boss event will become insanely difficult for you to pass and thus will cost more gold then you think.
hence y i cant get past 6 without gold ;o; with 55k attack

Gambit12
10-04-2012, 08:22 AM

Barracks 7
War Factory 7
Air field 6
Shipyard 6
Dry Docks 3
Elite training 2
Adv Airbase 2
Robotics 1

I think you need to Level up all your boost buildings from Lv 7 or higher, buy more LE units, increase your allies also, & by the time your stats increases a bit then its time for you kill the boss all the way...