PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion to GREE: Stats API integration

TZora
10-02-2012, 08:57 PM
hi Gree,

i have been thinking of this for a while. any chance of releasing some API (application programming interface) that can GET individual stats data from your servers and showcase it on forums or other websites?

crimecity is a game where players' stats change every minute. so if someone wishes to showcase their stats, they can never showcase the exact stats. if your programming team could release an api in the form of forum plugin, anyone who wishes to display their stats to the world, they will just have to punch in their mafia ID and the stats would display in their signatures or wherever they want.

the benefit of using an api/plugin would be that the stats will "automatically" update wherever they are displayed.

another benefit of an api/plugin would be to catch cheaters. if there's a sudden jump in a player's stats, the world will be alarmed :)

what do you say, any chance of releasing an api/plugin to display player stats?

also, would request forum members to have your say, if you know what i'm talking about.

thanks all,
tzora

TZora
10-02-2012, 09:10 PM
hey i was thinking, couldn't this help in tracking event wins? i see ppl crying over they had so many wins and they still havent won the prize and all that.

oh now i'm confused of what i'm saying lol

TZora
10-02-2012, 10:07 PM
lol is this some kind of joke? who are you?

"crime city bark" lmao :o

aye stop derailing my thread and go bug someone else. no .. not my other thread either .. go to some other thread and bug people. :mad:

mxz
10-03-2012, 04:35 AM
I support this. I've been wondering if its possible to spoof packets and/or use man-in-the-middle techniques to do something similar but the thought of doing that for an iOS game deters me every time.

Dipstik
10-03-2012, 05:11 AM
Thanks, bark!

Ramshutu
10-03-2012, 08:28 AM
From a programmer, this is an Awesome idea.

I think i just wet myself.

jerbau
05-02-2013, 08:15 PM
First Post

This is a feature I hope the devs can seriously look into. It's hard to determine and monitor our crew member's stats without this invaluable feature. This is the reason why I registered in this forum. Please do this and we will be grateful.

Please update me as soon as any development regarding this pushes thru. Thank you so much! :D

PawnXIIX
05-02-2013, 09:05 PM
Somebody was making a toolkit like one that exists for MW...

He disappeared ._.'

CohibAA
05-02-2013, 09:33 PM
Great idea. If GREE does do something like this, it will probably break the game, though. I mean, they can't even fix the existing problems. Granted, that hasn't stopped them from rolling out new developments in the past, so hey, maybe it will happen.

jerbau
05-02-2013, 09:48 PM
I wonder if people will result to packet capturing or pulling off data from the network where CC is running using Wireshark or something else. Someone just needs to figure out how to communicate with Funzio's servers and extract the right info. It would be a lot less of a hassle to actually document and build an API for this. This would not in any way affect the database as it only tries to read off data from it. Writing on to it is another issue not suited in this forum.

(CK) EL
05-02-2013, 11:14 PM
i would gladly pay for this

nytelock
05-03-2013, 06:49 AM
Haha, i actually sent a ticket about this, for our live stats to be implemented on the FwD forum. They haven't replied yet. It would really be a nice addition if they did have it. But then i have my doubts as this is a mobile game.

zwiswoo
05-03-2013, 07:14 AM
I would be delighted with just the poor man's version of this - some way of looking into the local storage of the phone and reading out item and building statistics. It gets tedious maintaining lists of these things manually.

Brian G
05-03-2013, 08:00 AM
I think this is a great idea for many reasons but none more important to me than allowing us to get a detailed log of our inventory to see what item category purchase would most affect our stats. Many PC games offer this at no charge but haven't seen a mobile platform do it yet but I easily could be wrong on that.

Tommy Two Toes
05-03-2013, 12:19 PM
hi Gree,

i have been thinking of this for a while. any chance of releasing some API (application programming interface)

I absolutely LOVE that you defined 'API' for Gree, and saved them the trouble of looking it up; since if they knew what it was, or what it could do to boost their games' popularity, they would already have one.