PDA

View Full Version : Boss Loot Tiers affect more than the unit received

Ranger4Life
10-02-2012, 04:50 PM
I was finally able to confirm my theory regarding boss loot tiers affecting the boss' health.

On my second account (lvl68) I was able to beat bosses realatively easily, and then all of the sudden they got much harder. I originally thought it was just due to leveling too fast. Then I started camping and increased my attack by 25K, but the boss didn't get significantly easier. That's when I came up with the theory that the boss' health must be based on the loot tiers.

I started a THIRD account and slowly built my way up and only did boss events. On the last boss event I started out at level 24, but ended at level 27. The bosses didn't get significantly harder during the event.

Last boss event I was able to defeat the first 7 bosses on just one free hit. Today I was only able to defeat the first two with one hit. This confirms that the boss' health is based upon our tier and not our specific level.

The fact that there is such a big change after 101 also confirms this.

Dr. Dengus
10-02-2012, 05:04 PM
So as long as you are in the same tier, going from level-to-level doesn't make a difference (or much of a difference) on the bosses health? I haven't kept close enough attention to the boss tracking threads to notice, for example, how a level 155 compares to a level 200 in terms of boss health ..

James_mac
10-02-2012, 05:06 PM
Which levels come in each tier?

Thief
10-02-2012, 05:17 PM
Which levels come in each tier?

6 Tiers

1-25
26-50
51-75
76-100
101-150
151-200

James_mac
10-02-2012, 05:37 PM
Cheers guys

albeezy
10-02-2012, 06:15 PM
A person in KA was in the up to level 25 tier when the current KA boss event started. In the previous boss event he got to 28 with gold/cash hits and used 20 gems to get to 30 for the bonus unit. In the current event he started at level 25 and finished at level 29. He claims he did it without gems and that the loot didn't change when he moved to level 26,27,28,29 while beating the bosses. It would appear that once the event starts you remain in that tier for the duration of the rent even though your level may indicate a different tier. Might help some of you who are approaching level 101

B@ndit
10-02-2012, 06:19 PM
A person in KA was in the up to level 25 tier when the current KA boss event started. In the previous boss event he got to 28 with gold/cash hits and used 20 gems to get to 30 for the bonus unit. In the current event he started at level 25 and finished at level 29. He claims he did it without gems and that the loot didn't change when he moved to level 26,27,28,29 while beating the bosses. It would appear that once the event starts you remain in that tier for the duration of the rent even though your level may indicate a different tier. Might help some of you who are approaching level 101

As Ranger mentioned could be boss health could be base on your tier and with your explanation this maybe why the boss is harder after you level up and cross a certain tier.

albeezy
10-02-2012, 06:29 PM
As Ranger mentioned could be boss health could be base on your tier and with your explanation this maybe why the boss is harder after you level up and cross a certain tier.
Actually the player I am talking about said he noticed no difficulty increase in the boss after going from level 25 to 26-29! That means its static and you remain in the same tier you were on when the boss started for the entire wwnt

Deskjockey
10-02-2012, 06:40 PM
I've noticed a similar pattern. My advice is to camp if you are approaching a tier boundary and leave a bit of an XP buffer for the next boss event so that you can start it at your current tier. You will miss out on more powerful units, but you will go further. It's a tradeoff, but one worth making given how much harder the bosses get between tiers, especially the higher ones.

I think the same principle applies to how the boss strength is calculated using your total number of allies. If you drop allies just before a boss event, the game engine will calculate the boss strength based on your newly weakened state, making it artificially lower. You can then bulk up again as soon as you trigger the first boss and it won't make the subsequent bosses harder. I experimented in KA doing this and managed to kill one additional boss before topping out by dropping 30 allies after one boss event ended and adding them back in right after triggering the first boss in the next event (I took no other measures to boost my attack before or during the event).

Thief
10-02-2012, 06:56 PM
Ranger4life i have to certainly agree with your findings as i have found the same and it was the basis for my recomendation on how to possibly improve the Boss for Higher levels. (Never heard anything from CCM on it and it didn't seem nearly as popular as i thought it would have)

Ranger4Life
10-02-2012, 07:13 PM
The guy Albeezy mentions supports my findings.

Knowing this I will do everything I can to keep my second account below lvl76 and my third below 51.

dthfrmabv
10-02-2012, 11:19 PM
Actually the player I am talking about said he noticed no difficulty increase in the boss after going from level 25 to 26-29! That means its static and you remain in the same tier you were on when the boss started for the entire wwnt

I meant after the boss... Lets say you started at 20 for boss and ended up on 26. You might think you will have the same level of difficulty for the next boss event but as you pointed out it would not be the case.

albeezy
10-03-2012, 08:33 AM
I meant after the boss... Lets say you started at 20 for boss and ended up on 26. You might think you will have the same level of difficulty for the next boss event but as you pointed out it would not be the case.

yeah, if you started at level 20 and finished at level 25, your next boss event would be the same, but if you went to level 26, you would start the next boss event in the next bracket and it would be more difficult

Q Raider
10-03-2012, 09:29 AM
There is a relationship however from the data I had another factor was what the maximum strength units were available for your level. The data is in Australia and I am still in Russia for a few days. When get back there will dig it out.

One of the jump points was around level 76 though, another was at level 30. There was a fair section where the strength stayed relatively constant in relation to the max ally count for your level.

Ranger4Life
10-03-2012, 12:35 PM
There is a relationship however from the data I had another factor was what the maximum strength units were available for your level. The data is in Australia and I am still in Russia for a few days. When get back there will dig it out.

One of the jump points was around level 76 though, another was at level 30. There was a fair section where the strength stayed relatively constant in relation to the max ally count for your level.

I believe the constants are from

1-25
26-50
51-75
76-101

These are based off of where you start the event though. If you cross these levels during the current boss, then the strength stays the same until the next boss.

Corsair
10-03-2012, 03:10 PM
I thought this was common knowledge...guess not. :) Good that it is brought up again. We have sure learned a lot since the first one. If I knew then what I know now I wouldn't have so aggressively leveled up in the first events. I think I went up 5 levels in the first one to save gold when I went for it, and I didn't completely ally up. That put me at level 74. I went to 76 in the next one, and then found a big drop off in the next one. Took me a few more yet to go to full allies. I remember the whole debate about whether or not to add allies, etc. Ah, the good old days... :D

Giedrybe
10-04-2012, 12:19 AM
I thought tiers were 1-40, 41-80 etc?