PDA

View Full Version : Are we allowed to talk about admin actions if they are positive?

jobadass
10-02-2012, 02:03 PM
Serious question.

If so: Props for some being led away! (although they always seem to come back under another name)

Great job Mark, er and team.

I know we could help you, to help us if users had an actual block feature. You all are much smarter than I, so I'm sure you could easily implement it. If I'm wrong, please feel to post here or PM me why it wouldn't work. I'd spend gold to have the feature if that's what it takes.

If someone has a problem with my posts, I'd prefer them to block me than be offended.

Again, thank you for your efforts, but please give the rest of us some way to filter out the crap we don't want to read.

marebear
10-02-2012, 02:06 PM
Already exists.. Blocking people that is, Forum actions>general settings> edit ignore list

jobadass
10-02-2012, 02:11 PM
Already exists.. Blocking people that is, Forum actions>general settings> edit ignore listI'm very aware of that feature. Doesn't stop trolls from derailing threads. ignore<block

marebear
10-02-2012, 02:29 PM
If you blocked the troll then wouldn't you only see posts you want to read? I've never personally used this feature but it does seem like it does what you are asking for. People who don't like your posts block you, you block people you don't like ( known trolls/ thread derailers) ie flan, boom gin etc.

jobadass
10-02-2012, 02:35 PM
It doesn't do what I'm asking for Marebear. Ignore allows trolls to exist, block limits their existance. Flan, Boom and Gin aren't even near the level I'm talking about. I heart Boom. Just gotta give him some prune juice and he's cool as ice.

Crime City Mark
10-02-2012, 02:36 PM
You shouldn't discuss any bans at all, positive or negative.

To go into some details:

I'm spending a lot more time on the forums this week and going forward (hopefully). IP banning people just doesn't work; it's not hard to change your IP. I'm looking at other banning options to remove these people permanently, but it's going to take time.

marebear
10-02-2012, 02:39 PM
Okay. *shrug* I agree they need to mod better if they aren't going to perma-ban people. That racist crap from ccwhite was up far too long.

Sandukan
10-02-2012, 02:41 PM

To go into some details:

I'm spending a lot more time on the forums this week and going forward (hopefully). IP banning people just doesn't work; it's not hard to change your IP. I'm looking at other banning options to remove these people permanently, but it's going to take time.
It may be controversial so hear me out.

Drones.

It's the most efficient way to deal with terrorists.

Think about it.

If that fails you could just appoint site moderators and give them limited permission to delete and lock threads. There are quite a few people here who are on all the time and they will work diligently for free. Just look at all the intricate spreadsheets they generated.

marebear
10-02-2012, 02:57 PM
I agree look at this thread someone is stealing my horse character!I had the skull but KA put out a Night Mare and my game name is Nitemare so... Lol

jobadass
10-02-2012, 03:02 PM

To go into some details:

I'm spending a lot more time on the forums this week and going forward (hopefully). IP banning people just doesn't work; it's not hard to change your IP. I'm looking at other banning options to remove these people permanently, but it's going to take time.Again, Thanks for your work. I realize that the forum doesn't pay the bills, but most forum members/players do. My point being my point. I've noticed you've been very dilligent lately, and I think a block feature would really help all (owners, mods, users) of us.

I feel you've always been fair, and I got my hand slapped once (so far). I wouldn't disrespect this community nor your team to try to sneak in and rub it in your faces. If I'm barking up the wrong tree, just tell me to drop it Mark. You've always been a straight shooter, and I'll accept it at that.

Ghost818
10-02-2012, 03:04 PM
I had the skull but KA put out a Night Mare and my game name is Nitemare so... Lol
I hope you realize that is the same racist with a new account. Lol

Crime City Mark
10-02-2012, 03:58 PM
Adding community mods is on my list of forum improvements. So is an upvote / downvote feature. If a post / thread gets enough downvotes it would automatically hide the thread pending admin approval. We're working on a couple of feature upgrades today, and more are forthcoming.

(MS13)TURKISHTIGER
10-02-2012, 04:12 PM
hey mark is their gloing to be a 40% gold sale on android? and how soon are we going to get the big boss events?

jobadass
10-02-2012, 05:51 PM
Thanks Mark.