PDA

View Full Version : Level 54 - time to save?

kidpresentable
10-02-2012, 04:50 AM
Advice time: I've been crawling for a while and upgrading my 12 and 24 hr buildings, I'm now on level 54 and £80k per hour. Is it time to save for a Nightclub? I should be able to do it in under a month.

My MTs are both level 7 and my Lofts are both 4s. I've seen a lot of advice to get Lofts up to 5 before getting an NC, but I'm not sure if it would be much quicker to do this first.

I've also been wondering, I have over 1200 in my Mafia and realise that in later levels this would make me more visible to serious attackers. But at level 54, does it make any difference?

Thanks.

fuzzy
10-02-2012, 05:15 AM
Please give MXZ thread a good read.

It should help you out if you should save or upgrade.

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?39348-Exhausting-guide-to-NC-build-upgrade-order

murf
10-02-2012, 07:10 AM
I would make sure of this first:

Lofts - L5
DR - L5
Internet - L3
Beachside - L3 (maybe L4)
Brownstone - L2 (maybe L3)

After that if you are only upgrading 12/24, then Nightclub L1 (then L2) is your best option. But since you are now looking to add 6hrs, you could also think of getting the comedy club to L4 before the Nightclub. All these upgrades have better ROI (and you will most likely have a higher collection rate too) then the NC L1.

After that, I'd make sure I keep doing cheaper upgrades, while you save for the NC.

kidpresentable
10-02-2012, 11:33 AM
Thanks both.
I currently have:
Lofts 4, 4
Dominican 5, 5
Internet 5, 3
Beachside 5, 5
Brownstone 2, 2
MT 7, 7
Comedy Club 3, 3
Magic Playhouse 6
(Plus 2 houses and a basketball court at 10 and lots of smaller payout buildings not worth listing)

I'm upgrading a Pawn Shop at the moment to give myself time to save for something (3.6 mil saved so far) so I have a couple of days to decide whether to upgrade Lofts and Comedys one more time first.

mxz
10-03-2012, 07:07 AM
Generally people like to suggest $100k, but there isn't a bad time to start saving. Figure out your actual IPD and calculate how long it will take you to get $106m (NC 0>1, 1>2). If you can save up for a level 2 in 60 days, maybe even 90, it's time.

sexkitteh
10-03-2012, 08:53 AM
The internet buildings seem like a waste of space... my 2cents...

murf
10-03-2012, 10:54 AM
Thanks both.
I currently have:
Lofts 4, 4
Dominican 5, 5
Internet 5, 3
Beachside 5, 5
Brownstone 2, 2
MT 7, 7
Comedy Club 3, 3
Magic Playhouse 6
(Plus 2 houses and a basketball court at 10 and lots of smaller payout buildings not worth listing)

I'm upgrading a Pawn Shop at the moment to give myself time to save for something (3.6 mil saved so far) so I have a couple of days to decide whether to upgrade Lofts and Comedys one more time first.

Nice, the only thing I would do then is upgrade the Lofts to L5 and then save up for the NC L1, then L2....

Dr. Dengus
10-03-2012, 11:17 AM
Generally people like to suggest $100k, but there isn't a bad time to start saving. Figure out your actual IPD and calculate how long it will take you to get $106m (NC 0>1, 1>2). If you can save up for a level 2 in 60 days, maybe even 90, it's time.

Thanks for the advice, I could be there in about 50 - 55 days from collections alone. So looks like it's time to start saving ...

The internet buildings seem like a waste of space... my 2cents...

The Magic Playhouse is by far more of a waste than the Internet Companies.

Nick-Clark1
10-03-2012, 02:12 PM
Advice time: I've been crawling for a while and upgrading my 12 and 24 hr buildings, I'm now on level 54 and £80k per hour. Is it time to save for a Nightclub? I should be able to do it in under a month.

My MTs are both level 7 and my Lofts are both 4s. I've seen a lot of advice to get Lofts up to 5 before getting an NC, but I'm not sure if it would be much quicker to do this first.

I've also been wondering, I have over 1200 in my Mafia and realise that in later levels this would make me more visible to serious attackers. But at level 54, does it make any difference?

Thanks.

If you have the patience to save for around 20 days at your IPH then I think you should save for a NC without question.
If not, then I would fall back onto the good old reliable Loft / Movie Theatre upgrades until your IPH/IPD is at a level that you're happy with. As others have said, there is no right or wrong time to save for NC, just depends on how patient you are. Emcee did it at 55k IPH iirc, so 80k is definitely doable.

I'm saving for my first NC right now :)
Good luck!

sexkitteh
10-03-2012, 02:15 PM
The Magic Playhouse is by far more of a waste than the Internet Companies.

so why would you own either of them...

kevin9999
10-03-2012, 02:18 PM
Key is to always have something upgrading. You can always rob or do jobs for cash but you cant win time. I make sure that a property is always being upgraded 24/7. If the estimated completion time is overnight I chose something else. Currently have an income of $404K per hour and havent spent a dime on gold. All in game cash purchased.

kitzune
10-03-2012, 02:35 PM
when you guys say save for night club, have you stopped upgrading? Or just not spending any money on anything besides upgrades? Two totally different strategies.

Euchred
10-03-2012, 02:42 PM
When I'm saving for nightclub upgrades I only do what I call savings upgrades, meaning that if an upgrade takes 48 hours and costs 2 million I'll make over 2 million in that time period.

mxz
10-03-2012, 03:05 PM
When I'm saving for nightclub upgrades I only do what I call savings upgrades, meaning that if an upgrade takes 48 hours and costs 2 million I'll make over 2 million in that time period.I do a similar thing. I'll only do upgrades that cost somewhere around what I make every 6 hours (helps once you have the night clubs).

when you guys say save for night club, have you stopped upgrading? Or just not spending any money on anything besides upgrades? Two totally different strategies.Currently I'm saving for my second NC 3 upgrade and have a Dominican upgrading 6 -> 7 ($2m...probably takes me about 8 hours to make that). Might as well keep pushing the IPH higher in the mean time, just spending a lot less than what you could otherwise afford. I don't really buy explosives so there's nothing else to spend $ on.

A good way to visualize this is to sort your hood planner by $ Gain / Day and basically look top down and pick the highest one with a palpable cost (in my case it's about $2-3m). Longer upgrades are preferred since you don't have as many opportunities to drunkenly over-spend on upgrades. :)

kidpresentable
10-08-2012, 02:11 PM
Cheers for the advice everyone. Decision made: after 7 days I've saved over 10mil whilst only doing cheap upgrades (would be more but I was busy yesterday and got badly robbed!), so I'm going to keep saving and buy a NC at the end of the month. Once I've got that though, I'll get my lofts to 5 before I upgrade the NC to 2.

kidpresentable
10-28-2012, 10:43 AM
After 28 days of saving I've just bought a Nightclub! Now I've got to wait a week for the thing to build...

mxz
10-28-2012, 10:50 AM
Good job! Now save up for that level 2 NC.

Joeycool
10-28-2012, 01:45 PM
My advise to get yourself ready for HL life. Completely forget about night clubs. Just go with 12 24 48 buildings. That way you should be able to collect on time.

Night clubs will just encourage people to come rob you. Although they have a good IPH, you probably will only get 2 of those collections a day because of the 6 hour turn around. Unless you are very dedicated and dont like sleeping.

That being said... in game money is the least valuable commodity in the game so dont put too much thought into it. Because it doesn't really matter.

mxz
10-28-2012, 02:00 PM
My advise to get yourself ready for HL life. Completely forget about night clubs. Just go with 12 24 48 buildings. That way you should be able to collect on time.

Night clubs will just encourage people to come rob you. Although they have a good IPH, you probably will only get 2 of those collections a day because of the 6 hour turn around. Unless you are very dedicated and dont like sleeping.

That being said... in game money is the least valuable commodity in the game so dont put too much thought into it. Because it doesn't really matter.You think a level 54 has to worry about that? With decent stats he's probably alright. I'm in the 150's and I almost always get 3 clean collections a day - only robbed maybe 7-8 times a month. As long as you're not restocking defensive explosives its really not a big deal, anyway.

Joeycool
10-28-2012, 02:07 PM
You think a level 54 has to worry about that? With decent stats he's probably alright. I'm in the 150's and I almost always get 3 clean collections a day - only robbed maybe 7-8 times a month. As long as you're not restocking defensive explosives its really not a big deal, anyway.

My advice started with "to get ready for HL life"

In game money then will only be useful for buying explosives. But if you have a nignt club your explosives are going to get blown up faster than you can collect from buildings... even if you only get one rob a day like you say MXZ.

Euchred
10-28-2012, 02:13 PM
It comes down to what they enjoy doing, if it happens to be income then nightclubs can't be ignored.

Joeycool
10-28-2012, 02:15 PM
It comes down to what they enjoy doing, if it happens to be income then nightclubs can't be ignored.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/vader_didnt_read.gif

Joeycool
10-28-2012, 02:16 PM

Haha! Sorry Euchred. I couldn't resist that one. You are of cause, completely correct in what you are saying. :cool:

Euchred
10-28-2012, 02:19 PM
Haha! Sorry Euchred. I couldn't resist that one. You are of cause, completely correct in what you are saying. :cool:

All good, I laughed

Joeycool
10-28-2012, 02:22 PM
All good, I laughed

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/pleased.gif

Nick-Clark1
10-28-2012, 04:20 PM
After 28 days of saving I've just bought a Nightclub! Now I've got to wait a week for the thing to build...

Nice one! Like mxz said, time to save for Lv2. I almost threw in the towel saving for Lv2 and was going to build another Lv1 as the saving seemed to take forever. I'm glad I didn't though as it really payed off. $577,500 x 3 is nothing to be sniffed at. About $13 mil away from #2 Lv.1 NC

My problem was trying to figure out what "cheap" upgrades to do during the saving. Starter buildings were too petty to bother with, but later buildings were too expensive lol
I think I ended up going with the Italians as they seemed to take forever (which was desirable for once) and didn't pay out too badly at Lv.10

bimmer kid
10-28-2012, 10:45 PM
Sorry for my noobness but is there two different night clubs? I have the one that collects every hour. Im guessing there is another one I havnt unlocked yet

Nick-Clark1
10-28-2012, 10:55 PM
Sorry for my noobness but is there two different night clubs? I have the one that collects every hour. Im guessing there is another one I havnt unlocked yet

1 hour Output = Beach Nightclub ($1,000,000 to build)
6 hour Output = Nightclub ($40,000,000 to build)

kidpresentable
10-30-2012, 05:45 AM
That being said... in game money is the least valuable commodity in the game so dont put too much thought into it. Because it doesn't really matter.

I do understand this point of view, but surely it depends how you play? I'll never put real money into the game for Gold and, whilst Respect Points are the best value for item purchases, I want to improve my attack and defence quite a lot before I level up. I think I'm on the stronger end on the scale for my level (today I'm at 10500 def / 8574 attack) but plenty of people are robbing my best buildings if I'm late for collections. My thinking is, once I'm happy with my IPH, I'll spend a while buying the best game money items before I start robbing again.

Good job! Now save up for that level 2 NC.

Cheers. Yep, once I've spend some money on at/def I'll aim to raise my lofts from 4 to 5 then my NC to 2.

My problem was trying to figure out what "cheap" upgrades to do during the saving. Starter buildings were too petty to bother with, but later buildings were too expensive

Yeah that was tricky, some of my upgrades while I was saving were rather pointless: I now have level 10 Laundromats and Pawn Shops!

honeybadger
10-30-2012, 06:03 AM
I had committed to saving for a nightclub at about 60K/iph with a healthy dose of robbing and fighting. With about 25mil over 3 weeks I got hit buy a guy that had two level 10 nightclubs. He was on my wall for 9 days or about 100million. He bought me two nightclubs and upgraded one.

Once you get the money you'll likely not even care about it. I used to hope for millions on a scratcher...now I'd take 100 respect pts over it.

Joeycool
10-30-2012, 08:25 AM
I do understand this point of view, but surely it depends how you play? I'll never put real money into the game for Gold and, whilst Respect Points are the best value for item purchases, I want to improve my attack and defence quite a lot before I level up. I think I'm on the stronger end on the scale for my level (today I'm at 10500 def / 8574 attack) but plenty of people are robbing my best buildings if I'm late for collections. My thinking is, once I'm happy with my IPH, I'll spend a while buying the best game money items before I start robbing again.

If you want to get strong just fight lots. You get lots of respect points. (second most valuable commodity in the game)
And the free weapon drops are good. Much better than the in game cash items you can buy. In game money and IPH are the least important commodity when considering stats.

Thats just my style of play though.

mxz
10-30-2012, 08:26 AM
I had committed to saving for a nightclub at about 60K/iph with a healthy dose of robbing and fighting. With about 25mil over 3 weeks I got hit buy a guy that had two level 10 nightclubs. He was on my wall for 9 days or about 100million. He bought me two nightclubs and upgraded one.

Once you get the money you'll likely not even care about it. I used to hope for millions on a scratcher...now I'd take 100 respect pts over it.You report him afterwards?

honeybadger
10-30-2012, 11:06 AM
You report him afterwards?

No I think he did it legitimately. Unless he hacked gold to use towards time only? Definitely not used on weapons. He had a 5+mil/iph with about a 25K atk/def @ lvl 70ish I think it was.

Think he just has an insane amount of patience. Had to have with an @ss like me hitting him for 10 mil every morning. He had 125 mil unbanked when i lost him. who needs a bank when you're rolling like that.

I swear that guys hood was better than Christmas morning.

mxz
10-30-2012, 11:09 AM
Fair enough. Odd that people will gold up for buildings but not heavy weapons out of crates.