PDA

View Full Version : Name the Plane: Voting!

Crime City Mark
10-01-2012, 02:09 PM
I'm deleting the old thread so people can't see who posted what to make this more of a blind vote.

Rules:

Vote for the name you'd like. The player who suggested the name that wins gets the item and the item is named accordingly. Every other entry receives 250 gold.

Do not makes posts on the forums asking for people to vote for a specific name. Do not make posts in-game asking people to vote for a specific name. Do not send out PMs on the forums asking people to vote for a specific name. Do not tell people what you personally voted for. Breaking any of these rules will result in punitive measures (to be determined case by case).

It is okay to send out messages encouraging people to vote in general, just not for a specific name.

Here is the vehicle being voted on:

http://i418.photobucket.com/albums/pp261/GMOgreKing/ModernWar/MW09-28.png

Bob_55
10-01-2012, 02:28 PM
Could I know how you choose the 10 finalist ????????

Scorpion.
10-01-2012, 02:29 PM
Could I know how you choose the 10 finalist ????????

In the CC thread he said that the community team chose them. Most likely it's the same for these 10 names.

Bob_55
10-01-2012, 02:33 PM
In the CC thread he said that the community team chose them. Most likely it's the same for these 10 names.

Thank's Scorpion for the reply

Commander Vador
10-01-2012, 02:35 PM
Is it too late for a suggestion? I would suggests Avenger X.

Scorpion.
10-01-2012, 02:37 PM
Is it too late for a suggestion? I would suggests Avenger X.

Yup. Too late.

Zoltarov
10-01-2012, 02:37 PM
There is already an air unit called Thunder Bird 88/54 from a previous crate.
It is almost the same as Thunderbird.

Baraka
10-01-2012, 02:38 PM
There where a lot better names suggested than them. Think you have just gone for simple stupid names. I will not be voting. Anyone who said something against Gree didn't get a say. I saw invisible boost bomber which was very good but you obviously weren't gunna pick that.

I mean come on thunderbird...... Really!!!!!

bigflan
10-01-2012, 02:38 PM
I don't feel like voting

So will just sit here and wait

bigflan
10-01-2012, 02:39 PM
There where a lot better names suggested than them. Think you have just gone for simple stupid names. I will not be voting. Anyone who said something against Gree didn't get a say. I saw invisible boost bomber which was very good but you obviously weren't gunna pick that.

I wanted to say this

Air supersonic was my name and that's a name for a jet that breaks the speed of sound

jay_usher
10-01-2012, 02:42 PM
come on lads play the game

Baraka
10-01-2012, 02:47 PM
come on lads play the gameseriously some of them names are S**t. Thread gets closed 24 hours l8 and randomly select a few from the last couple of pages.

Dr. Dengus
10-01-2012, 02:49 PM
Lol. Barack 'o Bomber didn't make it? No point in voting then.

bigflan
10-01-2012, 02:49 PM
Lol. Barack 'o Bomber didn't make it? No point in voting then.Nope all these names are from the last few pages

Baraka
10-01-2012, 02:51 PM
Lol. Barack 'o Bomber didn't make it? No point in voting then.all those that are there where on last few pages. They didn't look at them all. I saw a few good ones that weren't there.

Bob_55
10-01-2012, 02:51 PM
I vote for " Thunder Bomber" ........so I can't vote on this pool.... sorry!

Baraka
10-01-2012, 02:53 PM
We need to know why only the few on the last page were picked this is a joke. Speak. !!! That's why thread was closed.

Scorpion.
10-01-2012, 02:55 PM
Mine got up there and it was on the first page.

jay_usher
seriously some of them names are S**t. Thread gets closed 24 hours l8 and randomly select a few from the last couple of pages.
i agree some are but some of them are gd.. mine was near the end of the page i had no such luck... not sure if hell fire has been used before tho and for someone to then put angel fire and another put hell wrath bomber after my name i thought with people following a trend i was bound to go up on the board but obviously didnt cut the mustard

bigflan
We need to know why only the few on the last page were picked this is a joke. Speak. !!! That's why thread was closed.No I think they select a bunch of random names

That's why the flancraft carrier won last time

albeezy
10-01-2012, 02:57 PM
HAHA No Southwest Airlines. This thing is rigged. I probably would have had to vote for SWA even if it meant not voting for my own suggestion, which mysteriously also did not make the list!

Chetti Knight
10-01-2012, 02:57 PM
You guys are right I remember some of these names from the final pages, and I thought my suggestion was pretty good. Oh well such is life.

Tctiger
10-01-2012, 02:58 PM
My nuclear nemesis would look good with the glowing bombs but thats just my view , I wouldn't mind if every name was a good one but some are just silly.

Baraka
10-01-2012, 02:58 PM
i agree some are but some of them are gd.. mine was near the end of the page i had no such luck... not sure if hell fire has been used before tho and for someone to then put angel fire and another put hell wrath bomber after my name i thought with people following a trend i was bound to go up on the board but obviously didnt cut the mustardwhich one is yours. Who ever did Mantaray should be ashamed of themselves.

albeezy
10-01-2012, 02:59 PM
Let's just do a write in vote!

I nominate Southwest Airlines ~ suggestor unknown (not really, but I don't want to let you all know who wrote it, it wasn't me though!

jay_usher
10-01-2012, 03:01 PM
which one is yours. Who ever did Mantaray should be ashamed of themselves.
i used hell fire

albeezy
which one is yours. Who ever did Mantaray should be ashamed of themselves.

I think of this when I see that name:
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20071203220019/spongebob/images/f/f8/ManRay.jpg

Ljepoje
Pretty lame nick- names for an Air fighter... Voted anyway =/

Dr. Dengus
10-01-2012, 03:03 PM
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20071203220019/spongebob/images/f/f8/ManRay.jpg

Hahah. Good 'ol Mermaid Man & Barnacle Boy ...

jay_usher
Let's just do a write in vote!

I nominate Southwest Airlines ~ suggestor unknown (not really, but I don't want to let you all know who wrote it, it wasn't me though!
it would have been funny but for a war game? war is serious business and cant ruin ur inventory with that haha

albeezy
generAL BEEZY is now boycotting future name that unit contests! LOL

albeezy
10-01-2012, 03:04 PM
it would have been funny but for a war game? war is serious business and cant ruin ur inventory with that haha
LOL they better spellcheck it then!

jay_usher
10-01-2012, 03:04 PM
Hahah. Good 'ol Mermaid Man & Barnacle Boy ...
pmsl with this

Scorpion.
10-01-2012, 03:12 PM

That's an amazing show.

Baraka
10-01-2012, 03:15 PM
Cool, my name made it!be ashamed there All crap especially if it was Mantaray.

andymac106
10-01-2012, 03:16 PM
Awesome my name made it:D

Baraka
10-01-2012, 03:18 PM
Awesome my name made it:Dyou should be ashamed too. Go into hiding. I reAlly want to know which looser picked Mantaray.

andymac106
10-01-2012, 03:18 PM
you should be ashamed too. Go into hiding. I reAlly want to know which looser picked Mantaray.

lol not me but if that wins..

Baraka
10-01-2012, 03:26 PM
Be Man or Woman egnough to stand up and admit you where the one that named a plane after a God Damn Fish.

jay_usher
10-01-2012, 03:28 PM
atleast we all have the black panther to look forward to...

Hivesy
10-01-2012, 03:44 PM
Ice wing calamity? What is this a carry on film? Manta ray? Sparrow f'ing fighter? Really? I want to vote thunderbird as I remember that was TC's suggestion but I have a thunderbird in my inventory already, who the hell chose these?

Wraith interceptor it is then, only half decent one there.

Baraka
10-01-2012, 03:46 PM
Ice wing calamity? What is this a carry on film? Manta ray? Sparrow f'ing fighter? Really? I want to vote thunderbird as I remember that was TC's suggestion but I have a thunderbird in my inventory already, who the hell chose these?

Wraith interceptor it is then, only half decent one there.some one who was high picked these. There all crap.

Euchred
10-01-2012, 04:01 PM
You know you guys don't need to trash all the names that were picked, it's a little sickening especially for something that is opinion based.

Jhenry02
10-01-2012, 04:02 PM
Wraith interceptor? Really?
We're pulling a pop culture name from an 80's charlie sheen movie ? Really?

Baraka
10-01-2012, 04:06 PM
You know you guys don't need to trash all the names that were picked, it's a little sickening especially for something that is opinion based.i was sickened when I saw the Names. Seriously. There all crap.

DVL505
10-01-2012, 04:07 PM
You have to give Gree credit, they are consistent, they will always disappoint you no matter what, and that is something you can count on.

albeezy
10-01-2012, 04:10 PM
CONGRATS TO ALL THE MEMBERS WHOSE NAMES WERE CHOSEN! All of us complaining are just jelly our names didn't get picked!

Crime City Mark
10-01-2012, 04:13 PM
all those that are there where on last few pages. They didn't look at them all. I saw a few good ones that weren't there.

No they weren't. The first on there is from the first page. They're from all over. I get that you don't like the names, but quit making stuff up. This had nothing to do with singling anyone out and it wasn't just me grabbing from the last handful of names in a rush.

dthfrmabv
10-01-2012, 04:15 PM
Be Man or Woman egnough to stand up and admit you where the one that named a plane after a God Damn Fish.

LOL damn maybe if I named mine Sardines on Olive oil it would have made it... oh well though picking a strong name instead would be a good idea but I guess you are better of choosing "chicken of the sea" kinda name.

Led
10-01-2012, 04:19 PM
Don't hate mine made the list.

😜

albeezy
10-01-2012, 04:20 PM
It is really cool that we get to help create content that will be incorporated into the game guys. Let's not nerf that by being complainers. We have enough other stuff to complain about with boosts not working etc... This is supposed to be FUN!

Fl@sh
10-01-2012, 04:59 PM
No they weren't. The first on there is from the first page. They're from all over. I get that you don't like the names, but quit making stuff up. This had nothing to do with singling anyone out and it wasn't just me grabbing from the last handful of names in a rush.
You are a day late, you stated you would close the old thread Sunday and create the new one later that same day. Just sayin...

andymac106
10-01-2012, 05:10 PM
You dont fight CCM, shame on you

Fl@sh
10-01-2012, 07:35 PM
It's just one more promise not lived up to by the team.

bushobama
10-01-2012, 07:56 PM
It is really cool that we get to help create content that will be incorporated into the game guys. Let's not nerf that by being complainers. We have enough other stuff to complain about with boosts not working etc... This is supposed to be FUN!

This is why people are complaining, because instead of fixing issues related to the game's function, we are given this unit naming BS and haiku poems as a distraction from no-casualty glitches and invisible boost issues. Keep being a sucker though by all means.(respectfully). Oh yeah, and Manta Ray? geez.

jay_usher
10-02-2012, 04:31 AM
This is why people are complaining, because instead of fixing issues related to the game's function, we are given this unit naming BS and haiku poems as a distraction from no-casualty glitches and invisible boost issues. Keep being a sucker though by all means.(respectfully). Oh yeah, and Manta Ray? geez.
this is true.. but what is more sickening is how people are well and gd to put their name on, for a chance to get a unit but look how many people have actually taken the poll.. just because thier unit isnt up on the list they have not fully got involved to finish the last section of what they should do... my opinion its a joke!

jeffrey
10-02-2012, 04:44 AM

Yeah, dude.

jeffrey
10-02-2012, 04:46 AM
I wonder the reasons behind the picks.

jeffrey
10-02-2012, 04:47 AM
And who made the decision, is there a team, or just a lone wolf?

Arizona
10-02-2012, 05:01 AM
Man that's a good name.. Lone Wolf

Lt. Falcon
10-02-2012, 05:30 AM
I'm trying to guess what happened here and all I could come up with was they took each name from front to back put them on paper and put in a box and drew the papers out to get ten names. They didn't even shake the box, which explains how some (most) names from the last page made this list. Pure laziness on Gree's part is what I am suspecting. These names were not voted as top 10 by a group of people. Some of these names are not even original but modified versions from the original poster's. Blind draw?? come on now, I would rather vote for someone (an ally/friend) whose entry was worthy instead of trying to decide the coolest name when quite a few of them are descent. This blind draw will also create confusion as who the top 10 finalists are. I am beginning to think Gree is trying to f*** up everything they possibly can, even when they claim they are trying to make things better...who are these idoits that run this company?

jay_usher
10-02-2012, 05:41 AM
I would rather vote for someone (an ally/friend) whose entry was worthy instead of trying to decide the coolest name when quite a few of them are descent.
defeats the point?....its to name the plane not popularity.. then again proves a point and might go to show y mantaray shot up.. sorry Hk just telling it how it is

Lt. Falcon
10-02-2012, 07:29 AM
defeats the point?....its to name the plane not popularity.. then again proves a point and might go to show y mantaray shot up.. sorry Hk just telling it how it is

Manta ray should have been used for some sort of boat/ship.
Wriath Interceptor (Dodge Concept car used in Wraith starring Charlie Sheen) should be a Super Car in CC.
The Phantom Superjet is a knock off name changed from the Phantom X-19 (GI Joe - Destro designed bomber).
Thunderbird...really, where's the creativity there?
Sparrow (small bird weighing approx 14g) Fighter should be some sort of small cesna with a turret attached.
Supersonic Lancer gives me the visual impression of a futuristic calvaryman with a Lightening Bolt Lance?

I agree, this shouldn't be a popularity contest, but with the lousy choices chosen by Gree...I would rather help a friend whose Plane Name was selected even though this ballot is full of dissapointments.

Hello Kitty
10-02-2012, 09:20 AM
Any 10 names that would have been selected would have been good - not so sure that the level of complaining would have changed if the list were to have been different. Agree with albeezy and Euchred that it's nice that Gree gives us an opportunity to participate in a naming contest where forum members can actually contribute to the game. Hats off to the soon to be winner and the runners up - nice job! Hope everyone will eventually get a shot.

For the military buffs (who probably already know this, but may always find interesting anyway)...in the US, warcraft naming conventions, whether air, sea, land, can also be attributed to the division of the military they are deployed/serve. It is not uncommon for aircraft, especially for US Navy, to have sea worthy names to represent their aircraft or the type of usage for them for example (aircraft name and manufacturer/aircraft in parenthesis):

Harpoon (Lockheed PV-2) - maritime aircraft named after the spear-like cannon used to hunt large fish like whales
Mariner (Martin PBM) - maritime name reflecting the aircraft's role as a naval patrol aircraft
Tarpon (Grumman TBF/TBM) - a coastal fish prized by anglers for their large size and aggressive fighting spirit
Marlin (Martin P5M)- popular large game fish with a long snout
Neptune (Martin P2V) - though celestial, it's named for the Roman God of the Sea
Seabat (Sikorsky HSS-1)
Seahorse (Sikorsky HUS-1) - used by USMC and USCG
Sea King (Sikorsky H-3)
Seasprite (Kaman H2)
Clipper (Boeing C-40) - named after the 18th and 19th century fast sailing ships that sailed the world's largest oceans.
Poseiden (Boeing P-8) - Greek God of the Sea
Sea Knight (Boeing Vertol CH-46)
Sea Ranger (Bell TH-57)
Sea Stallion (Sikorsky H-53) - used by USMC
Having the naming convention for aircrafts, whether real or mythological, only tethered to its geological habitat would render excellent aircraft like Cobra, Chinook, Hellcat, Panther, Apache, Raptor, Wildcat (also a version of Wildcatfsh) to be ground units only. We all know this is not the case.

Fl@sh
10-02-2012, 09:45 AM
Bravo HK, bravo!

jay_usher
10-02-2012, 10:21 AM
HK we all know that hence why a bird of such caliber that is on offer, deserves the honour of a righteous name to suit! A sea king is a helo for a reason.. A puma is a small helo for a reason all great examples why a few forum members expected better names..

Lt. Falcon
10-02-2012, 10:43 AM
HK we all know that hence why a bird of such caliber that is on offer, deserves the honour of a righteous name to suit! A sea king is a helo for a reason.. A puma is a small helo for a reason all great examples why a few forum members expected better names..

Well said!!

Crime City Mark
10-02-2012, 12:50 PM
You are a day late, you stated you would close the old thread Sunday and create the new one later that same day. Just sayin...

You're right, I was a day late on closing the thread, and I'm sorry for that. That said, passing around misinformation isn't helping anyone.