PDA

View Full Version : The Abyss

Guido69
10-01-2012, 10:01 AM
I have a question for the Abyss map. There are a few non-monster items on this map that you can hit and destroy, e.g. Altar of Pain, Entrywat, Wormhole, Earth Tunnel. Since they are not part of any quest (as far as I know) what is the meaning of those in the map?

Do you think you need to destroy all of those at least one to "unlock" certain loot items?

The_Red
10-01-2012, 10:03 AM
they're just decorations.

Guido69
10-01-2012, 10:39 AM
they're just decorations.

So you don't bother with them? I still am baffled why they would put destroyable decorations on the map.

The_Red
10-01-2012, 10:45 AM
So you don't bother with them? I still am baffled why they would put destroyable decorations on the map.

They've done that on most of the maps. I dont bother with them, because most of them dont have the option of dropping any loot. the only one I attacked quite a bit was the wormhole on the abyss map, since it was an error that allowed for a very quick L5 clearing of that map.

Guido69
10-01-2012, 10:49 AM
They've done that on most of the maps. I dont bother with them, because most of them dont have the option of dropping any loot. the only one I attacked quite a bit was the wormhole on the abyss map, since it was an error that allowed for a very quick L5 clearing of that map.

Ok. Being compulsive I have to destroy them at least once on very level :)

Great_wall2
10-01-2012, 11:47 AM
The non-monster items are usually a requirement to completing the quests for that map. ie: destroy x building 4 times to complete the quest. Once you have completed all the quests for that map then you can move onto the next map quests. A lot of people avoid that type of questing because it results in extra exp that a lot of people don't want.

Guido69
10-01-2012, 11:57 AM
The non-monster items are usually a requirement to completing the quests for that map. ie: destroy x building 4 times to complete the quest. Once you have completed all the quests for that map then you can move onto the next map quests. A lot of people avoid that type of questing because it results in extra exp that a lot of people don't want.

Those on the Abyss map are not related to any quest for that map

Great_wall2
10-01-2012, 12:09 PM
Well I guess they are just decorations then, a miss on the developers part...

DIrishB
10-01-2012, 03:33 PM
Like Red said, the Wormholes are good to take advantage of since they're so low in experience. The other side of that is they don't drop weapons or armor and offer very little gold. But it's not a bad idea to pad some of your monster kills with Wormholes as a way to increase your Mastery level (especially lvl 4 and 5). I assume it something they'll fix eventually too, so I'd do it sooner rather than later.

Mantou
10-01-2012, 05:57 PM
The Wormholes aslo drop event box as well. But, the drop rate not as good as killing high level monster.