PDA

View Full Version : Demand to Gree: make all boosts visible within two weeks from today

Ferr
09-30-2012, 09:55 AM
As we have seen with the leaderboard issue, together we can make Gree to make the necessary changes to this game. These are not changes to make the game nicer or more pleasant to play but these are changes necessary for us gamers to trust the inherent quality and stability of the game and for many of us to check whether we have received the product we have purchased.

I have proven that the invisible boost does not work with the boss. Ccm has confirmed this. Today, a new invisible boost has been introduced. When the new boss event emerges, i will again test this boost and i can tell you guys upfront that it wont work. It is fair to assume that these so called invisible boosts are not working at all. Not the old ones neither the new ones.

This again is misleading. Many of us are enticed to purchase gold in order to get these units. When they do not work, which has now been confirmed by ccm, we have been misled or at least we have a breach of contract.

Furthermore, it is fair to assume that this knowledge, that the boost is not working against the boss, has been known to Gree for months now. As we all know the assault bear was issued months ago with a proven non working boost while Gree was telling us that the boost was invisibly working. Such statements by Gree are now proven lies. This is actually far worse than the non working boost itself.

For this reasons, i have send in a ticket in which i demand that all boosts become visible. Also, i have made clear not to settle this with me in person but to make the necessary change in the game. I am not interested in cash, gold or whatever. The game must fulfill this totally legitimate demand.

Two weeks should be more than enough to solve this problem. This is what my demand is on behalf of all you guys. I ask you all to support this thread as strongly as you can and i assure you, something will change for the better.

Yours,
Ferr

bigflan
09-30-2012, 09:56 AM
Ferr

You know gree has other things to do like fix the problem with monster age when you get 0 stat monster from fusion

Ferr
09-30-2012, 09:57 AM
Ferr

You know gree has other things to do like fix the problem with monster age when you get 0 stat monster from fusion
I dont care less and neither should you ;)

Selfproclaimed
09-30-2012, 09:58 AM
I bought ands spent 3 vaults of gold trying to get the 10th. Didn't even get to it. And on top of it, found out the boost was invisible. I spent all this gold chasing a misleading unit. I'd rather have my gold back even if I get the 10th, I don't want a broken unit.

Poopenshire
09-30-2012, 10:01 AM
I second this. I would like to see my assault bear working. Especally on boss events.

bigflan
09-30-2012, 10:03 AM
I dont care less and neither should you ;)I should care cause my dawn weavers are not even registered in the beast book so are my Yerka

And also cc mark has tested it and he said they are working on it

Arizona
09-30-2012, 10:06 AM
Good intentions of course, but including the word demand in your "negotiations" isn't gonna help. Good luck though, 'cos I do agree and think it's about time things started to fall into place.

manbeast
09-30-2012, 10:08 AM
Flan nobody knows or cares what you are talking about. Stop talking about your monster age crap in every thread. This is a modern war forum

Ferr I hope they get it sorted out. Then they can work on the casualty reduction units! Lol

bigflan
09-30-2012, 10:09 AM
Flan nobody knows or cares what you are talking about. Stop talking about your monster age crap in every thread. This is a modern war forum

Ferr I hope they get it sorted out. Then they can work on the casualty reduction units! Lol

If this does get sorted out

Then we know gree listens to money

Ferr
09-30-2012, 10:10 AM
I should care cause my dawn weavers are not even registered in the beast book so are my Yerka

And also cc mark has tested it and he said they are working on it
And why did ccm tested this in his free time you think (months after the assault bear was issued). Read the other threads on this and conclude for yourselves that Gree has diliberately lied to us that the boost was working invisibly. Whether or mot they are working on it, they should not lie to us dont you think?

Ferr
09-30-2012, 10:12 AM

I deliberately choose one issue at the time and force a solution if it is a clear and obvious issue.

bigflan
09-30-2012, 10:13 AM
And why did ccm tested this in his free time you think (months after the assault bear was issued). Read the other threads on this and conclude for yourselves that Gree has diliberately lied to us that the boost was working invisibly. Whether or mot they are working on it, they should not lie to us dont you think?Yes we know it's been an issue for a while but most likely the engineering team of gree does not know how to program it or they just did not want to

bigflan
09-30-2012, 10:14 AM
I deliberately choose one issue at the time and force a solution if it is a clear and obvious issue.

You should be are spokesmen

Ferr
09-30-2012, 10:15 AM
Yes we know it's been an issue for a while but most likely the engineering team of gree does not know how to program it or they just did not want to
Correct and again, i will change that.

DVL505
09-30-2012, 10:34 AM
Ferr, how are you checking your boosts against the Boss to know if they are working or not? I want to see if my Guerrilla Striker is a lame duck.

Ramshutu
09-30-2012, 10:44 AM
Ferr,

Speaking as an engineer, I can imagine that 2 week is not long enough to code, implement and test all boots.

I would recommend obtaining a realistic development plan from gree, and hold them to it. Knowing the type of people who would actually do the work, telling them how long something technical will take is a recipe for a poor quality 'quick fix' to be put in place that introduces issues.

Any reasonable project manager can come up with a development plan that can be tracked and seen to be making appropriate progress.

Mcdoc
09-30-2012, 10:44 AM
Thanks for taking up this cause Ferr :)

BigDog146400220
09-30-2012, 10:57 AM
Thanks Ferr. I hope they listen as everyone expects our boost units to work. To be able to determine that it works...it must be visible!

Jhenry02
09-30-2012, 11:00 AM
Agreed, ferr, I think 2 weeks is sufficient. Force them to work overtime to fix a problem that never should have existed.

Are you talking about single unit boosts?
Because my boost buildings are also invisible.
Also when I was anothrr country, that boost was invisible too.

-Jason

Ferr
09-30-2012, 11:13 AM
Ferr,

Speaking as an engineer, I can imagine that 2 week is not long enough to code, implement and test all boots.

I would recommend obtaining a realistic development plan from gree, and hold them to it. Knowing the type of people who would actually do the work, telling them how long something technical will take is a recipe for a poor quality 'quick fix' to be put in place that introduces issues.

Any reasonable project manager can come up with a development plan that can be tracked and seen to be making appropriate progress.
Speaking as a lawyer please check when Gree said for the first time that they would fix it (few months ago). What would be your response then be as an engineer of course ;)

Ferr
09-30-2012, 11:21 AM
Ferr, how are you checking your boosts against the Boss to know if they are working or not? I want to see if my Guerrilla Striker is a lame duck.
Off thread. You need to know exactly what all your boosts do. I was 100% germany with 100% ground units with few allies only. Then check this with boss free and cash attacks. Then add 1 ally with 100% ground units. Then again check with free and cash attacks. And so on. Not easy task and it will cost you lots of med packs.

whiskeybravo
09-30-2012, 11:27 AM
/signed

Bob_55
09-30-2012, 11:27 AM
Thank's Ferr for your time in this cause, and for those who thinking 2 weeks it's not enough, think about that, since June the Assault Bear was the big price so it's 4 months past that we mentionned that it wont worked, so I think we got enough patience.

Ramshutu
09-30-2012, 11:29 AM
Speaking as a lawyer please check when Gree said for the first time that they would fix it (few months ago). What
would be your response then be as an engineer of course ;)

That depends on what has been communicated.

If i, as an engineer was told to get it fixed by date xxx, i would have said either a) yes no problem. B) that is not achievable.

If i said yes, then I would have created a plan and design and would know, at any point how long i had remaining. If something unforeseen and unplanned happened, i would feed this back to my manager to flag this up as an issue.

If i said yes, and didnt do any of the above, I should be firedor disciplined.

Because of the generally poor communication, we do not know why this hasn't been fixed. In fact any number of the above may have happened, but it is not being fed back.

The bottom line is that it is not the time it has taken so much as the lack of honest communication. If you want the issue resolved, then you want not only clear communication about what is going on, but also a fairly transparent way of seeing progress is being made.

Ferr
09-30-2012, 11:34 AM
That depends on what has been communicated.

If i, as an engineer was told to get it fixed by date xxx, i would have said either a) yes no problem. B) that is not achievable.

If i said yes, then I would have created a plan and design and would know, at any point how long i had remaining. If something unforeseen and unplanned happened, i would feed this back to my manager to flag this up as an issue.

If i said yes, and didnt do any of the above, I should be firedor disciplined.

Because of the generally poor communication, we do not know why this hasn't been fixed. In fact any number of the above may have happened, but it is not being fed back.

The bottom line is that it is not the time it has taken so much as the lack of honest communication. If you want the issue resolved, then you want not only clear communication about what is going on, but also a fairly transparent way of seeing progress is being made.
Right lol. Two weeks it is.

bigflan
09-30-2012, 11:36 AM
Wait ferr is a lawyer?

Fl@sh
09-30-2012, 11:43 AM
Wait ferr is a lawyer?
There are quite a few lawyers that are the top players in the game. That is why when you say something "can't be done" or that GREE "won't do that", we say "get your popcorn ready"

Ferr
09-30-2012, 11:49 AM
There are quite a few lawyers that are the top players in the game. That is why when you say something "can't be done" or that GREE "won't do that", we say "get your popcorn ready"
True, and pick your battle carefully. The worrysome part is not the missing boost itself. It is the lies surrounding it and the enticement to purchase that makes these things explosive. I can promise you, this will not go away untill solved.

B@ndit
09-30-2012, 11:57 AM
One can read in many players post and not just that of Ferr that issue goes beyond the individual game play issues i.e. non-working units, unbalanced game structure (events), misleading or incoherent event facts etc etc that is the issue that needs to be addressed... but most importantly it is the over-all responsibility of Gree/Funzio to provide a stable environment that players of all types can relay on and trust.

The lack of transparency, communication, and credibility of the game is detrimental in the playability of the game for long term. If the intent of Gree/Funzio, is to maintain it's market base with a turn over of 6 months or less, which I hope its not, then this things need to be resolve.

Technical issues and "accidental" misprints of game facts and the likes should be acceptable from time to time, as these are sometimes unforeseen circumstances that can happen even to the best of companies. HOWEVER, what is not acceptable at any level is the lack of transparency, communication, and credibility.

If there is an issue, admit it exist and inform the stake holders. Resolve the issue and if it can not be resolved advice the stake holders of the intended course of action in order to rectify the problem. DO this in a reasonable time. Silence in the face of stake holder grievances or responding only after the issue had escalated to the point of revolt, could mean denial of the issue or worst "disregarding their needs". Do not be reactive be proactive!

It is the very basic principle of corporate survival that stake holder needs be met. Failure to do so can lead to the exodus of players.

I commend those who bring these issues to the forefront of the battle - rather than standing idle in sidelines.

Maxstar
09-30-2012, 11:59 AM
For this reasons, i have send in a ticket in which i demand that all boosts become visible. Also, i have made clear not to settle this with me in person but to make the necessary change in the game. I am not interested in cash, gold or whatever. The game must fulfill this totally legitimate demand.

Two weeks should be more than enough to solve this problem. This is what my demand is on behalf of all you guys. I ask you all to support this thread as strongly as you can and i assure you, something will change for the better.

Totally agreed with you, Ferr.
I spent 4,3k gold on last event, it's not too much, but it's my money!
Why I should pay for nothing?!

I will send them a ticket too.

Maxim

Ferr
09-30-2012, 12:03 PM
Ty b@ndit and maxim. This is the coordinated reply and action we all need.

Tctiger
09-30-2012, 12:10 PM
The lawyers on here are fighting back ! I love it maybe that will worry them in to sorting the game out in some ways at least , you have my full support .

War Priest
09-30-2012, 12:16 PM
Or else...

Speed ump
09-30-2012, 12:19 PM
I, and many others have mentioned to them that they should not put out an event that they are not fully prepared to provide and honor all claims. I would rather not see an event, or provide us with a stronger unit than than one with unfulfilled promises of doing something it does not. I have been assured many times the bear works. If this was the only time this type of issue had occurred I would be inclined to take their word for it. As we all know this is not the case, I do not believe it works, though I was told it did by someone I trust. At this point, even if the numbers showed, I would be very doubtfull and would feel the stats would reflect a number that is to real, in order to placate us. My opinion is to ask for a stoner unit to replace this unit, in the neighborhood of 1500 to 2000 k value. It's not what was promised, but much more believable. I do believe that some of the auction units do provide the stated boost, as thereis a player who has that, who should to be able to attack me, but can. The boosts are invisible of course. I think most players, those with the units, and without, would prefer to see whatever number are actual numbers.

overkill 280
09-30-2012, 12:26 PM
I second this. I would like to see my assault bear working. Especally on boss events.I'm with you guys!

Maxstar
09-30-2012, 12:26 PM
One more thing I want to add here...
How can we be sure that 20% valor bonus is working?
One time I received only 1 valor for attack. How It could be if I have bonus?
I believe Gree should round to bigger value not truncate, so minimum valors for attack should be two not one.
I think proper realization of bonuses should always be visible to players. In this case If I received valor for attack than this number should be divided for base part and bonus part.
Right now I didn't state any difference in valors received...

Maxim

Ferr
09-30-2012, 12:28 PM
Or else...
I ll call my mother in law ;). Have faith wp

Ferr
09-30-2012, 12:29 PM
One more thing I want to add here...
How can we be sure that 20% valor bonus is working?
One time I received only 1 valor for attack. How It could be if I have bonus?
I believe Gree should round to bigger value not truncate, so minimum valors for attack should be two not one.
I think proper realization of bonuses should always be visible to players. In this case If I received valor for attack than this number should be divided for base part and bonus part.
Right now I didn't state any difference in valors received...

Maxim
True, thats why the demand is about all the boosts

Miner
09-30-2012, 12:30 PM
Ferr - again, I appreciate all the effort you are putting into this and especially for keeping us apprised of your progress.

War Priest
09-30-2012, 12:31 PM
I ll call my mother in law ;). Have faith wp

No, that was my threat to them, not a question to you.

Ferr
09-30-2012, 12:33 PM
No, that was my threat to them, not a question to you.
Ahhhh, stupid me....

Ramshutu
09-30-2012, 12:50 PM
Right lol. Two weeks it is.

I absolutely appreciate where your coming from, and don't take any of this mean I don't agree. In my technical opinion, assuming they have done no work on this thus far, I would not personally expect the change to be achievable in two weeks. Judging by past experience, promises aren't acceptable, as we've had a large number of them.

My suggestion was simply to provide a hopefully acceptable alternative. If a change cannot be made in two weeks, as a customer who just want to see the issue fixed, i would expect a definitive and acceptable deadline to come from Gree, rather than a promise of 'soon', and progress towards the deadline to be tracked and measured transparently. You can then determine if any additional move are required from gree if the quoted wait is too long (which i think is reasonable).

Poopenshire
09-30-2012, 12:56 PM
I absolutely appreciate where your coming from, and don't take any of this mean I don't agree. In my technical opinion, assuming they have done no work on this thus far, I would not personally expect the change to be achievable in two weeks. Judging by past experience, promises aren't acceptable, as we've had a large number of them.

My suggestion was simply to provide a hopefully acceptable alternative. If a change cannot be made in two weeks, as a customer who just want to see the issue fixed, i would expect a definitive and acceptable deadline to come from Gree, rather than a promise of 'soon', and progress towards the deadline to be tracked and measured transparently. You can then determine if any additional move are required from gree if the quoted wait is too long (which i think is reasonable).

I think if you look at this from manpower side instead of coding side, 2 weeks is more then enough time. The deadline is meant to motivate. regardless of the time to code. This would force the team to add more headcount or manpower to push through the issues as well test it more thoroughly. From a managment side, when given deadlines, I will allocate headcount as needed to meet those deadlines. I don't think Ferr meant is from a coding perspective, just from an over project deadline. I understand the headcount may not be available, but thats not our problem. If your customer(s) are upset you allocate your resources appropriately to fix it. Its all management issues and decisions.

Ph4ntom Stranger
09-30-2012, 12:58 PM
Ferr you are a gentleman and a scholar. Thank you for all your efforts.
Gree should absolutely deliver what it advertises in a way that any common player should be able to see said boosts, fix widely known issues/problems in the general gameplay, etc. This game is setup to be played long term. Gree should have the necessary tools and resources to keep the game working correctly. If the engineers can't figure out how to make these units work properly, outsource some help and fix it! they shouldn't bring something new out unless it works first.

Ferr
09-30-2012, 01:02 PM

We can not assume that they have not worked on it. In fact if that is the case they would have lied massively to hundreds of players by repeatedly stating that they are working on it. Do you imply that Gree officials have lied on this as well? If yes, they do not deserve any more hour on this. If no, they have worked for months already and they do not deserve another hour as well.

bbprofitz
09-30-2012, 01:11 PM
Keep in mind... GREE is a multi-MILLION dollar company... they could throw a team of engineers at this & fix all invisible boosts, fix the no-casualty glitch, add in new buildings, and some other cool stuff... all in less than 2 weeks if they wanted to. problem is they are spread too thin amongst all the other apps :mad:

Ferr
09-30-2012, 01:12 PM
Off to bed. 14 more days....

Ph4ntom Stranger
09-30-2012, 01:17 PM
Exactly bb, poorly mismanaged company. Hopefully they start to resolve their problems and work towards solutions

Ramshutu
09-30-2012, 01:21 PM
We can not assume that they have not worked on it. In fact if that is the case they would have lied massively to hundreds of players by repeatedly stating that they are working on it. Do you imply that Gree officials have lied on this as well? If yes, they do not deserve any more hour on this. If no, they have worked for months already and they do not deserve another hour as well.

I actually agree, I believe it should have been fixed by now. I could outline 100 plausible scenarios that fall short of lying, each one involving shocking levels of communication between Gree and the player base, which we know is the case.

It all boils down to what you are wanting to see come out of this exchange. If you are suggesting an unmovable line in the sand as this has been dragging on as an issue for too long, over which further action will be taken, then I have absolutely no issue with anything you have said. If you are trying to suggest a practical deadline for a given issue to be resolved to our satisfaction as we primarily just want the issues to be addressed, then you may want to consider what I have said here.

Again, I'm not actually disagreeing with what you are saying, I just want to see stuff get resolved, and see this as a potential way that the issue can be resolved in a visible and traceable way rather than just a 'well get it done soon'.

I absolutely appreciate what you are doing, and if you need any technical review of anything your contacts say, let me know.

I think if you look at this from manpower side instead of coding side, 2 weeks is more then enough time. The deadline is meant to motivate. regardless of the time to code. This would force the team to add more headcount or manpower to push through the issues as well test it more thoroughly. From a managment side, when given deadlines, I will allocate headcount as needed to meet those deadlines. I don't think Ferr meant is from a coding perspective, just from an over project deadline. I understand the headcount may not be available, but thats not our problem. If your customer(s) are upset you allocate your resources appropriately to fix it. Its all management issues and decisions.

While this is absolutely not OUR problem to deal with, in my proffessional experience, I would like to add the following:

- If you give someone a deadline that they believe they cannot meet, it completely kills motivation, and the actual deliverable is likely to be LATER than if the deadline was set by the developer themselves.

- Coding isn't like stacking shelves. In some cases, adding a person actually increases the overall duration in time of the project. I am currently working on several projects that cannot be sped up, even if we add 100 people.

Poopenshire
09-30-2012, 01:45 PM
While this is absolutely not OUR problem to deal with, in my proffessional experience, I would like to add the following:

- If you give someone a deadline that they believe they cannot meet, it completely kills motivation, and the actual deliverable is likely to be LATER than if the deadline was set by the developer themselves.

- Coding isn't like stacking shelves. In some cases, adding a person actually increases the overall duration in time of the project. I am currently working on several projects that cannot be sped up, even if we add 100 people.

Since you are a technical expert i will not argue this but agree totally with you. But this still comes back to poor management and leadership. allocate the appriopriate resources. Plain and simple solution is proper assest allocation. A deadline should be set from a reasonable expectation of the customer. The client then needs to make things work right. If Gree needs help they know how to contact me. I have worked on projects worth > 500 mil annual revenue. Just contact me for help.

Vballmadam
09-30-2012, 01:51 PM
I back you 100%.

Tate
09-30-2012, 01:56 PM
I'm also backing you 100%, I received the unit which is supposed to increase valor and I still have numerous attacks that pay out 1 valor, have sent tickets and keep hearing that it is working too... I didn't realize that we could receive 0 valor before.....

Hey Begonia! Nice badge, oops, Madam

Hellstorm
09-30-2012, 02:00 PM
Tate, I have not once received 0 valor, I know thats what they are saying, but during attacks I have seen valor 100% of the time. Now riads is a different story.

Hellstorm
09-30-2012, 02:03 PM
@Ferr, what actions are you going to put into place if your demand fails to be met withing the time frame? A demand, as legitimate it might be, is not an incentive if its not followed up by consequences. I am sure you have something in mind.

Warfiend
09-30-2012, 02:16 PM
I'd really like my bear to work. I'm sitting on money, which is a pittance compared to what many of you have spent, but it's a lot to me... that I want to spend on this game, but I told myself I would not until the bear was working. I've missed 1 limited edition set I would have liked, and will be missing the current one which I like, because I don't feel comfortable rewarding this kind of shadiness.

I just wish the game sucked overall, so it wouldn't even bother me at all. But it doesn't, it's a good game and it just doesn't make sense to me why they let issues like this go.

Hondo
09-30-2012, 03:04 PM
I actually agree, I believe it should have been fixed by now. I could outline 100 plausible scenarios that fall short of lying, each one involving shocking levels of communication between Gree and the player base, which we know is the case.

It all boils down to what you are wanting to see come out of this exchange. If you are suggesting an unmovable line in the sand as this has been dragging on as an issue for too long, over which further action will be taken, then I have absolutely no issue with anything you have said. If you are trying to suggest a practical deadline for a given issue to be resolved to our satisfaction as we primarily just want the issues to be addressed, then you may want to consider what I have said here.

Again, I'm not actually disagreeing with what you are saying, I just want to see stuff get resolved, and see this as a potential way that the issue can be resolved in a visible and traceable way rather than just a 'well get it done soon'.

I absolutely appreciate what you are doing, and if you need any technical review of anything your contacts say, let me know.

This is why I hate the corporate world. Completely over thought. I once had a meeting about an upcoming meeting.

Thanks Ferr, I appreciate and support all that you are doing.

MonkeyPuppy2012
09-30-2012, 03:40 PM
or what?

What are you going to do about it?

LeBarticus
09-30-2012, 03:40 PM
Get em Ferr

MonkeyPuppy2012
09-30-2012, 03:41 PM
I love the idiots that say ... "I back you 100%"
what are you going to do?.. stand on the sidewalk in front of your house with a sign?... idiots

CAPT.GIN
09-30-2012, 03:47 PM
what are you going to do?.. stand on the sidewalk in front of your house with a sign?... idiots

Hey monkeypuppy shut the fu*k up! Your noting but a dumba$$ trying to put people down. If you don't have noting to say then be quiet! Also what the fu*k is a monkeypuppy? What would make you think of that name? That's a retarted name.

Ryans67
09-30-2012, 05:39 PM
This is why I hate the corporate world. Completely over thought. I once had a meeting about an upcoming meeting.

Thanks Ferr, I appreciate and support all that you are doing.

I've worked for the state of California, and we had meetings all of the time to plan our next meeting. Catered too!

The only thing that bothers me about the boosts not working is that they have the audacity to promote a new prize based on the same dysfunctional prize/boost. How can you not fix a problem before trying to sell the same item again!!!

Fl@sh
09-30-2012, 05:44 PM
I back you 100%

Ascent
09-30-2012, 05:53 PM
Ramshutu et al... there comes a time when you just had enough of lies and excuses and that is the time when you stop being reasonable, because THAT IS WHAT WE WERE DOING ALL THIS MOTHER****ING TIME.

nail their balls to the wall Ferr

Hondo
09-30-2012, 06:42 PM
I've worked for the state of California, and we had meetings all of the time to plan our next meeting. Catered too!

You got food! I've been writing that down in the suggestion box for years, and still no food. I guess thats the state for you. Lol

albeezy
09-30-2012, 08:29 PM
I'm with you Ferr!

Copenhagen
09-30-2012, 09:01 PM
I got your back Ferr.

ckos
09-30-2012, 10:32 PM

Actually, I am sitting in my lawn chair. Less fatigue on my feet, and I can get longer hours in :)

Ferr
09-30-2012, 11:33 PM
Monkey, if i remember correctly, there were those who did not believe my leaderboard actions would lead to anything. But it did. If your cause is good and there is enough urgency they will listen provided that a large majority of players feel the same way. As with the leaderboard i promise you that i will not back down until this has been solved. If it has not been solved in two weeks be sure i will enter into the next phase. By previous experience, Gree knows what this means. This thread has not been banned, neither am i. They could do so as rallying gamers this way is not something they like. You seem to have a loud voice monkey. Pls use it for us all and direct it towards the right people!!

Damosan
10-01-2012, 12:27 AM
You have my support

Skyser30518
10-01-2012, 01:14 AM
Thanks Ferr, you have our support.

Jhenry02
10-01-2012, 12:50 PM
I would like to question the next step.
I have seen so many problems disregarded that were pale in comparison to the boost issue. So where do we go from here?

The next step would be for Ferr to seek remuneration, that is well and good for Ferr who has spent unfathomable amounts of money on his game. But, what does it do for those of us who have spent $100 total on the game? All gold purchasers did so, under the auspices of gaining an advantage in game only to have "sloppy coding" unbalance the economy of MW. Therefore, anyway you slice it, it is a breach of contract and possibly foreign corrupt practices.

Are we really ready to file a class action lawsuit with Ferr and his partners at the helm? Please be aware I am not doubting Ferr and our cause. However, I do not want to be left in the cold if this does go to adjudication. Please, do not move the line in the sand, because in America... We have a saying, if you give a mouse a cookie, he's going to ask for a glass of milk.

Thank You
-Jason Henry

Jhenry02
10-01-2012, 12:51 PM
Also, I believe I asked here or on another thread...

Are we talking about all boosts such as country and building or just special unit boosts?

-jason henry

albeezy
10-01-2012, 01:03 PM
Also, I believe I asked here or on another thread...

Are we talking about all boosts such as country and building or just special unit boosts?

-jason henry

To my knowledge country and boost building boosts are visible to you. If you are US, as I used to be, and then switched to UK as I did, then you would notice an increase in your stats, especially defense if you have lots of sea defensive units, when you switch nations. Also with the boost buildings, each time you upgrade one and the upgrade completes you will notice a change in stats. Drenno did a thread about this regarding the composites factory. Also, nation boosts are visible when visiting other players of the same nation as you. So if you are UK and visit a UK rival, their stats will show up with the UK boost to you, but not to a player that is not UK (they will only see the raw sats).

Jhenry02
10-01-2012, 01:06 PM
I am Iran (shhh I like pve)
I have been upgrading my boost buildings from 2-4-6 and so forth with no visible change in statistics. I have before and after photos to verify.

Jason

Fl@sh
10-01-2012, 01:09 PM
To my knowledge country and boost building boosts are visible to you. If you are US, as I used to be, and then switched to UK as I did, then you would notice an increase in your stats, especially defense if you have lots of sea defensive units, when you switch nations. Also with the boost buildings, each time you upgrade one and the upgrade completes you will notice a change in stats. Drenno did a thread about this regarding the composites factory. Also, nation boosts are visible when visiting other players of the same nation as you. So if you are UK and visit a UK rival, their stats will show up with the UK boost to you, but not to a player that is not UK (they will only see the raw sats).
This is a fact. I have seen the effects of the boost buildings and country bonus to my stats.

Jhenry02
10-01-2012, 01:32 PM
I upgraded all boost buildings from 2-4% at roughly 50k attack/defense thats a 1000 point boos? Saw no change

albeezy
10-01-2012, 01:51 PM
I upgraded all boost buildings from 2-4% at roughly 50k attack/defense thats a 1000 point boos? Saw no change
Only if all of your units used to compute the 50k attack were of the same type as the boost building you upgraded. For instance if you have 50k attack with each type (ground, infantry, sea, air) contributing 12.5k to your attack, then a 2 percent boost to one building would result in 250 added to your attack score (12.5k * 0.02 = 250)

Fl@sh
10-01-2012, 01:59 PM
The best way to calculate is upgrading a composites factory which boosts ALL units, not just a certain group. A 2% boost should add 1k to a 50k defense.

Jhenry02
10-01-2012, 02:00 PM
I upgraded all 4 boost buildings, so your 250x4 would equal the 1000 I came up with. The only discrepancy I can figure is the 125 attack and 124 defense skill points.

We should move this discussion to another thread.

Alt2n8er
10-01-2012, 03:01 PM
Yeah, I've noticed my Defense go up after upgrading composites factory. I think all boosts should be visible, I wouldn't even care if my enemies could see it, at least we would know its working.

Ferr
10-01-2012, 04:28 PM
I would like to question the next step.
I have seen so many problems disregarded that were pale in comparison to the boost issue. So where do we go from here?

The next step would be for Ferr to seek remuneration, that is well and good for Ferr who has spent unfathomable amounts of money on his game. But, what does it do for those of us who have spent $100 total on the game? All gold purchasers did so, under the auspices of gaining an advantage in game only to have "sloppy coding" unbalance the economy of MW. Therefore, anyway you slice it, it is a breach of contract and possibly foreign corrupt practices.

Are we really ready to file a class action lawsuit with Ferr and his partners at the helm? Please be aware I am not doubting Ferr and our cause. However, I do not want to be left in the cold if this does go to adjudication. Please, do not move the line in the sand, because in America... We have a saying, if you give a mouse a cookie, he's going to ask for a glass of milk.

Thank You
-Jason Henry
First of all i am not asking for any gold or money nor will I do so. Also, no settlement can be made with me on this issue. I approach this exactly the same way as I did with the leaderboard. These boosts will be made visible one way or the other.
Secondly, there may be worse problems. However, it is my experience that you better pick your battles on the strength of your legal position rather than the seriousness of the issue. On this issue of invisible boosts we are dealing with a set of continuous and pertinent lies (that the boost was working invisibly while it now has been confirmed that it has never worked on the boss). For this reason i have picked this one.
Thirdly, we are morally on the right side as well. This is important as i am not willing to force legal strong issues based on its legal position alone. In my work i do this constantly but in private time i draw the line.
13 more days. What happens thereafter is for next week.

Mksound
10-01-2012, 04:39 PM
Thanks Ferr for what you are doing. Keep the peace man.

Jhenry02
10-01-2012, 06:04 PM
Well, good luck Ferr, but I see some shenigans on the horizon.

Jason

Morphlingman
10-01-2012, 09:32 PM
Ferr I appreciate you doing all that you are. I support what you are doing and I agree that one issue at a time be resolved. I can not believe they would lie outright, knowing that the "invisible" boost does not work. Knowing that they have blatantly lied reduces their credibility to nothing. I truely hope some of the major issues we have can get resolved. I enjoy this game and had started spending a lot of money on the game. But since some of these false boost issues surfaced I stopped purchasing gold and I refuse to buy any untill things get resolved.

Seek & destroy
10-01-2012, 09:48 PM
The worst thing is it makes you feel ripped off.people spend a lot of money to gain these items.
In my opinion some people have no chance of getting to 10 before the event even starts.
It's not a good thing if we're being lied to.

Mksound
10-01-2012, 09:57 PM
Im not sure they have lied on purpose. I don't think we can know this for fact.

Ferr
10-02-2012, 12:40 AM
Im not sure they have lied on purpose. I don't think we can know this for fact.
Be careful not to mix up the way a natural person lies and how a company lies. No one says that a certain natural person such as ccm or any individual ticket handler in lies. Probably they just tell us what the internal policies and guidelines tell them to say such as the spokesmen of the cigarette companies who have stated for years that smoking is not harmfull. Did those individuals knew that there were internal reports and documents within the company proving the opposite? Probably not. Hence those natural persons were not lying. The company however did and was severely punished for it. In our case this isvexactly the same. Thousands of times gamers have received assurances the the boost was working invisibly. The company knows, or should know, that such a statement is being relied on by gamers. In reliance on that info they have purchased gold to defeat the boss. Now, as proven, the boost has never worked. This legally qualifies as a lie and the gold purchases legally qualify as damages. The question wether this is a lie on purpose is not even relevant. Gamers have relied on the truthfullnes of given information. For Grees sake i hope that there no internal documents which says that the boost does not work. If such documents were to emerge some peeps would go to jail as the lie then becomes a criminal act of fraud. At this time i suggest we keep calling it a lie.

Mksound
10-02-2012, 12:53 AM
You're right Ferr and I agree. I forgot of Gree as a company and when I said maybe they're not lieing I was thinking of the individual. I still don't think we can know as fact but I think from all the info we do know that we're 99.9% certain they lied. Now I'm referring to company Gree.

If there are any internal documents knowing things didn't work like you mentioned I wonder how hard it'd be for them to get rid of them if needed to save themselves. Like if they did get to that point in this situation.

Paddy89
10-02-2012, 12:57 AM
I hope you are able to get some results.

jeffrey
10-02-2012, 04:37 AM
As we have seen with the leaderboard issue, together we can make Gree to make the necessary changes to this game. These are not changes to make the game nicer or more pleasant to play but these are changes necessary for us gamers to trust the inherent quality and stability of the game and for many of us to check whether we have received the product we have purchased.

I have proven that the invisible boost does not work with the boss. Ccm has confirmed this. Today, a new invisible boost has been introduced. When the new boss event emerges, i will again test this boost and i can tell you guys upfront that it wont work. It is fair to assume that these so called invisible boosts are not working at all. Not the old ones neither the new ones.

This again is misleading. Many of us are enticed to purchase gold in order to get these units. When they do not work, which has now been confirmed by ccm, we have been misled or at least we have a breach of contract.

Furthermore, it is fair to assume that this knowledge, that the boost is not working against the boss, has been known to Gree for months now. As we all know the assault bear was issued months ago with a proven non working boost while Gree was telling us that the boost was invisibly working. Such statements by Gree are now proven lies. This is actually far worse than the non working boost itself.

Yours,
Ferr

Ferr, we make you the spokesperson for us.

Ferr
10-02-2012, 04:07 PM
Ok the new boss event is there and i have requested ccm to confirm that also the 20% airboost is not working. We have not received any reply yet. For now we can assume that it does not work. However during the weekend i will find the time to test this myself and will give you guys the results. As to all my current allies i apologize up front that i will need to remove you all from my ally list as i need to start my tests with very low amount of allies to check the boosts correctly

Bob_55
10-02-2012, 04:14 PM
Ok the new boss event is there and i have requested ccm to confirm that also the 20% airboost is not working. We have not received any reply yet. For now we can assume that it does not work. However during the weekend i will find the time to test this myself and will give you guys the results. As to all my current allies i apologize up front that i will need to remove you all from my ally list as i need to start my tests with very low amount of allies to check the boosts correctly

When you finished your testing, it would be an honor to become your allie. (Good testing)

Selfproclaimed
10-03-2012, 05:42 AM
I had got denied a gold refund, got denied the bonus and got denied the sale.... Thanks gree. And they have the nerve to say its working...

ArthurWellsley
10-03-2012, 06:26 AM
Ferr

I have tried to send you a private message, but it says that your message box is full and you cannot receive any more messages until you clear some out.

Ferr
10-03-2012, 02:38 PM
Ferr

I have tried to send you a private message, but it says that your message box is full and you cannot receive any more messages until you clear some out.
Done, emptied my box

Ferr
10-03-2012, 02:42 PM
11 days to go.

Morphlingman
10-03-2012, 02:58 PM
Ferr. I can tell u right now. It is not working on the boss events for sure. In the previous boss event (iron fist brigade), for the level 30 boss, my cash attack score was 37,017 and now at boss (new world militia) 15 my cash attack score is 34,971. If anything it's working in reverse

Ferr
10-03-2012, 03:15 PM
Ferr. I can tell u right now. It is not working on the boss events for sure. In the previous boss event (iron fist brigade), for the level 30 boss, my cash attack score was 37,017 and now at boss (new world militia) 15 my cash attack score is 34,971. If anything it's working in reverse
Whats the difference between your free and cash attack?

Thief
10-03-2012, 03:22 PM

This has been the issue i've brought up? How can we calculate anything with Certainty when it's not consistent and Gree doesn't tell us what the Cash Attack is supposed to damage on the Boss. You would assume it's your Modified Attack but i've seen it both higher and Significantly lower than my Modified attack with a range higher than 25%. This boss i do significantly less damage than last boss even though i increased my attack by over 1000 (also note i didn't go into a different Tier of bosses so that hasn't changed)

Ferr i started a post that hopefully you can check out later when it has developed more feedback: http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?40294-What-are-the-Major-Issues-WE-would-like-to-see-Resolved-in-Modern-War

Morphlingman
10-03-2012, 06:49 PM
Ferr and Thief, disregard what I had said about my stats. I'm a dumb a.. I found an error in my calculations. I checked many times but I missed it somehow. Now as for if the newest crate unit's Bonus is working. I don't know. Il have to recheck my numbers. But I'm sure my credibility is shot now.

DVL505
10-03-2012, 06:51 PM
I had got denied a gold refund, got denied the bonus and got denied the sale.... Thanks gree. And they have the nerve to say its working...

I feel your pain SP different circumstances same results.

BigDog146400220
10-03-2012, 07:02 PM
The G-striker doesn't work on the boss. I got to level 18 without gold (cash hits only) on last boss. I have not entered a new tier and if my calculations are correct I would need gold at about #13 or #14 this time.

Ferr
10-04-2012, 12:39 AM
Ferr and Thief, disregard what I had said about my stats. I'm a dumb a.. I found an error in my calculations. I checked many times but I missed it somehow. Now as for if the newest crate unit's Bonus is working. I don't know. Il have to recheck my numbers. But I'm sure my credibility is shot now.
No worries morp. Its a pain already that we need to check these things as gamers. Takes the fun out of it completely...

Ferr
10-04-2012, 12:40 AM
The G-striker doesn't work on the boss. I got to level 18 without gold (cash hits only) on last boss. I have not entered a new tier and if my calculations are correct I would need gold at about #13 or #14 this time.
Ty bigdog but is not sufficient proof. They could have tweaked other stats as well. On sunday i ll know!

albeezy
10-04-2012, 11:00 AM
Ty bigdog but is not sufficient proof. They could have tweaked other stats as well. On sunday i ll know!

Here is proof that is undeniable FERR.
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?40329-Attack-stats-Your-number-vs.-Modern-War-s-number&p=436188&viewfull=1#post436188

I have calculated my attack score to the T by dropping to 10 allies and using the attack sreen to view ALL 40 of the units I bring into battle. I then did a free hit, cash hit, and gold hit on a boss. The free hit was 63% of raw attack, the cash hit was 94% of raw attack, and the gold hit was 375% of my raw attack. These numbers are with the Guerilla Striker unit in my inventory. The fact that my cash hit is less than my raw attack based on my inventory proves the unit does not provide the boost for boss events

BigD@wg
10-04-2012, 12:37 PM

Yes it is quite possible. I still suspect it does not work. Will be waiting to hear your tests results. Thanks for helping us out Ferr. (In case anyone is wondering this is just a new account. I got tired of having my MW code in my name. I started playing CC too and it became confusing). Bases on name and sig... You all should know who I am :)

Ferr
10-04-2012, 04:51 PM
Here is proof that is undeniable FERR.
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?40329-Attack-stats-Your-number-vs.-Modern-War-s-number&p=436188&viewfull=1#post436188

I have calculated my attack score to the T by dropping to 10 allies and using the attack sreen to view ALL 40 of the units I bring into battle. I then did a free hit, cash hit, and gold hit on a boss. The free hit was 63% of raw attack, the cash hit was 94% of raw attack, and the gold hit was 375% of my raw attack. These numbers are with the Guerilla Striker unit in my inventory. The fact that my cash hit is less than my raw attack based on my inventory proves the unit does not provide the boost for boss events
This is more like the test i will perform. Will check your results, compare with mine on sunday!

Tanner
10-04-2012, 08:38 PM
Ferr, thx for your effort and time on our behalf, much appreciated.

Mcdoc
10-06-2012, 12:19 AM
I hope they are listening :?

Mad
10-06-2012, 08:05 AM
I suspect the unit boosts are never going to get straightened out. There has been enough grief on this forum, via support and from CCM that I suspect if they could fix it, they would have fixed it by now.

MW claims the unit boosts are working, but can't be made visible. I have no idea if this is true or not.

The unit boost is what it is and that isn't going to change and demanding it get fixed will accomplish nothing. All I am suggesting is there needs to be a change of strategy.

So what is the solution.

I think GREE should give players the opportunity to trade these units for another unit. Maybe GREE could select a series of units that people could choose from.

Has anyone sent a message into support and PM'd CCM saying the boost isn't working and I would like to trade it for another unit of equal value?

BigD@wg
10-06-2012, 08:09 AM
I suspect the unit boosts are never going to get straightened out. There has been enough grief on this forum, via support and from CCM that I suspect if they could fix it, they would have fixed it by now.

MW claims the unit boosts are working, but can't be made visible. I have no idea if this is true or not.

So what is the solution.

I think GREE should give players the opportunity to trade these units for another unit. Maybe GREE could select a series of units that people could choose from.

The unit boost is what it is and that isn't going to change and demanding it get fixed will accomplish nothing. All I am suggesting is there needs to be a change of strategy.

Has anyone sent a message into support and PM'd CCM saying the boost isn't working and I would like to trade it for another unit of equal value?

I agree. Don't think they are technically capable of making them work. I sent ticket on 9/30/12 saying that if they couldnt make boost visible then i am requesting a replacement boost unit. No response to date.

Mad
10-06-2012, 08:12 AM
I agree. Don't think they are technically capable of making them work. I sent ticket on 9/30/12 saying that if they couldnt make boost visible then i am requesting a replacement boost unit. No response to date.

You should also PM CCM on this.

BigD@wg
10-06-2012, 08:18 AM
You should also PM CCM on this.

CCM never returns my PMs. So it's pointless.

Mad
10-06-2012, 08:23 AM
CCM never returns my PMs. So it's pointless.

Yeah but that doesn't mean he won't look into it. I have only PM'd CCM once and he never responded, but he did do something about what I had mentioned, within a couple of hours actually (it was forum related).

Don't look for or expect a personal response. Just tell him that you have put in a request to support to exchange your unit because you don't think its working and see if he could check on it.

So what unit are you wanting to exchange and what unit would you like to receive in exchange for it?

BigD@wg
10-06-2012, 08:47 AM
Yeah but that doesn't mean he won't look into it. I have only PM'd CCM once and he never responded, but he did do something about what I had mentioned, within a couple of hours actually (it was forum related).

Don't look for or expect a personal response. Just tell him that you have put in a request to support to exchange your unit because you don't think its working and see if he could check on it.

So what unit are you wanting to exchange and what unit would you like to receive in exchange for it?

Guerrilla striker for Draughtsman.

Mad
10-06-2012, 09:18 AM
Guerrilla striker for Draughtsman.

I checked those two units out, it seems like a fair trade to me, but I am not MW. Did you mention this trade in your support request?

From my perspective if the Guerilla striker boost was working, I would prefer it in the long run. But the Draughtsman has lots of appeal to me in the short term. Both are advantageous at different stages of the game.

BigD@wg
10-06-2012, 09:25 AM
I checked those two units out, it seems like a fair trade to me, but I am not MW. Did you mention this trade in your support request?

From my perspective if the Guerilla striker boost was working, I would prefer it in the long run. But the Draughtsman has lots of appeal to me in the short term. Both are advantageous at different stages of the game.

I would rather have striker working for end game, but I just don't think it ever will. The draughtsman would be a good fit for my current camping/building IPH.

Ferr
10-06-2012, 10:02 AM
The geek squad DEMANDS action meh!

Lol so funny you kids
I expect you to apologize once this demand is met. Many others did when the leaderboard was fixed. You funny guy....

Ferr
10-07-2012, 04:06 AM
Have been working on boss tests and will finish them tonight. I can already tell you guys it does not look good for the newest 20% airboost....

albeezy
10-07-2012, 05:03 AM
Have been working on boss tests and will finish them tonight. I can already tell you guys it does not look good for the newest 20% airboost....
How do your percentages compare to the ones I experienced?

BigD@wg
10-07-2012, 06:44 AM

Glad to see your testing confirms my theory. So with only one week left, have you had any formal acknowledgement from Gree with regard to your demand?

Mad
10-07-2012, 09:20 AM
When I see they are having the exact same problem in KA, it tells me there is a problem in the core programing and I suspect it is impossible to fix. Giving them two weeks to fix something that can't be fixed leaves little wiggle room for GREE.

If it is impossible to fix, what are the options then?

1. Refund the gold used to win the units. The problem: some people may have won the unit(s) without a gold purchase. I have won a couple of the ten crate events without spending gold.

2. Exchange the non working unit for a unit with a bonus that does work. The problem: People may not agree on what unit would be good compensation for the broken unit.

3. Create a building that gives the bonus and give it to the players in question. The boosts on buildings seem to be working. The problem: Boost buildings can be disabled and of course, everyone else will see the building and wonder how they can get it.

whiskeybravo
10-07-2012, 10:41 AM
Giving them two weeks to fix something that can't be fixed leaves little wiggle room for GREE.

If it is impossible to fix, what are the options then?

That's their problem to worry about. People spend real money on the game( some spend an obscene amount) so it should work. They especially shouldn't haven introduced a second unit with a bonus that probably doesn't work, and wether it does or doesn't it is a magical "hidden" bonus.

Mad
10-07-2012, 10:49 AM
That's their problem to worry about. People spend real money on the game( some spend an obscene amount) so it should work. They especially shouldn't haven introduced a second unit with a bonus that probably doesn't work, and wether it does or doesn't it is a magical "hidden" bonus.

But the issue is we want a solution. What I am suggesting is people need to be working towards a viable solution. If Gree can't fix it, then what are the alternatives?

BigD@wg
10-07-2012, 10:49 AM

I totally agree it is their (Gree's) problem to worry about. However, the problem is that they are not worried about it in the least. They could care less if anything works correctly as long as they continue to make money. The truth of the matter is that it became customer's problem as soon as we pulled out the wallet and spent money on the game. They only seem to respond when they are pressured by someone who seems capable of getting them to comply, like Ferr.

whiskeybravo
10-07-2012, 10:54 AM
True.........

Mad
10-07-2012, 10:56 AM
I totally agree it is their (Gree's) problem to worry about. However, the problem is that they are not worried about it in the least. They could care less if anything works correctly as long as they continue to make money. The truth of the matter is that it became customer's problem as soon as we pulled out the wallet and spent money on the game. They only seem to respond when they are pressured by someone who seems capable of getting them to comply, like Ferr.

Exactly right, I think Ferr has actually put some pressure on GREE and I am glad he is willing to do it. I am just not sure the issue at this point can be fixed without a major rejig of the core programming.

The problem is people keep spending gold to get these units, knowing full well it probably won't work.

BigD@wg
10-07-2012, 11:04 AM
Exactly right, I think Ferr has actually put some pressure on GREE and I am glad he is willing to do it. I am just not sure the issue at this point can be fixed without a major rejig of the core programming.

The problem is people keep spending gold to get these units, knowing full well it probably won't work.

I know. I am one of those silly people. I had been anxiously awaiting the return of the collect 10. It was and still is about the only exciting part of the whole game (to me). So yup I'm a sucker for going after non-working bonus units. I have 2 so far: Ops Jet Pilot and Guerilla Striker.

Ferr
10-07-2012, 03:22 PM
My testing is done. not to easy a task but with 320 transport raiders as the backbone of my air attack i could make serious tests with many allies as well. I can now confirm that the 20% air boost is, just like the bear ground boost, not working against the boss. I have no way to test wether it works or does not work in pvp.
Through this forum to ccm and by means of a ticket to chris in which i gave them a chance to reply i can confirm that they refrained from replying at all. For sure they know this boost is not working as well and i ask ccm to publicly respond to this.
Gree has still 7 days to comply to our demand by making the boosts visibly working.
Some of you have asked what to do once this demand is not met. Firstly, They must be forced to stop all sales until they can deliver the products they are selling such as the ground boost and now also the air boost. That will be my angle to take. Gree will receive from me a liability letter, the language of which i will make public on this thread next week assuming that they have not met the demand. All you guys should file a ticket next week, upon expiry of the deadline, reclaiming either real cash or gold. I will provide you with a draft ticket next week on this thread. You can use your own language of such a ticket as well of course. Some coordinated action may however be more impressive. I am not sure how we can make this knowledge public to non forum members. I guess the fact that boosts are not working should be something all mw gamers should know about. Perhaps we should send them messages on their walls in which we warn them that ground and air boosts have never worked and that they should read this thread for more info. But that is something for next week to decide.
Again it seems that gree treats this game as an ordinary game where flaws occur not realising that many pay huge amounts making the marging of error for gree much smaller than they realize.

CAPT.GIN
10-07-2012, 03:23 PM
Ferr read my pm!!!

BigD@wg
10-07-2012, 05:53 PM
Lead the way Ferr. I will give the 7 days and do whatever you direct those of us with a broken unit to do in terms of support tickets or whatever. Thanks!

Alaska Ken
10-09-2012, 04:55 PM
Gree, making any progress?

Dr. Dengus
10-09-2012, 05:31 PM
Gree, making any progress?

Appears as such ... this was from another thread an hour or 2 ago:

So, let's square some things away. We can consider these items to have basically 2 functions, broken down 3 ways:

Function 1 is the stat boost they provide.
Function 2 is the bonus they provide to other units.

Way 1 is the bonuses and boost showing up on your profile.
Way 2 is the bonuses working in PVP.
Way 3 is the bonuses working on bosses.

So, to put it plainly, the stats for the unit show up but the bonuses don't. The stats and bonus work for PVP. The bonuses do not work on bosses right now, but are being fixed. The stats of the unit do work on bosses.

Now, there is another issue at hand here that is causing some perception issues that I can't really elaborate on at this time, but we're looking into it. I have another meeting with the PM team next week where I'll be bringing this up.

That's all of the information I can give out at this time.

Ferr
10-10-2012, 12:44 AM
Appears as such ... this was from another thread an hour or 2 ago:

Yeah, i wish ccm had declared this before last weekend. Would have saved me a lot of testing hours. The perception issue ccm is talking about refers to the adagium perception=reality. Meaning that if the majority of the players perceive that the boosts are not working then it is not relevant anymore wether the boosts work or not. The perception of the players make it reality as such. That as such hurts the game already. The problem here is that gree now has a confirmed record of not telling the truth when they have said for months to thousands of players that the boosts work invisibly. Only under pressure by players testing results on boss, ccm had to tell the truth. Players however can not test the pvp attacks and gree knows this. So why should players trust gree on telling that the boosts do work invisibly in pvp if we know they are capable of not telling the truth.
It is exactly for this reason that there is only one solution and that is that they should prove that the boosts are working one way or the other. In other words MAKE THEM VISIBLE.
Yours
Ferr

WOLS
10-10-2012, 07:20 AM
Yeah, i wish ccm had declared this before last weekend. Would have saved me a lot of testing hours. The perception issue ccm is talking about refers to the adagium perception=reality. Meaning that if the majority of the players perceive that the boosts are not working then it is not relevant anymore wether the boosts work or not. The perception of the players make it reality as such. That as such hurts the game already. The problem here is that gree now has a confirmed record of not telling the truth when they have said for months to thousands of players that the boosts work invisibly. Only under pressure by players testing results on boss, ccm had to tell the truth. Players however can not test the pvp attacks and gree knows this. So why should players trust gree on telling that the boosts do work invisibly in pvp if we know they are capable of not telling the truth.
It is exactly for this reason that there is only one solution and that is that they should prove that the boosts are working one way or the other. In other words MAKE THEM VISIBLE.
Yours
Ferr

Argument supported!
Gree, show us the stats and compensate us with units equivalent to the boost we should had gotten. Without question, just push free indestructible units to all players. I know it's tough to single out those with invisible boosts, it should be easy to Santa to everyone. :))

overkill 280
10-10-2012, 07:29 AM
Argument supported!
Gree, show us the stats and compensate us with units equivalent to the boost we should had gotten. Without question, just push free indestructible units to all players. I know it's tough to single out those with invisible boosts, it should be easy to Santa to everyone. :))I'm in complete agreeance.. X2 I say.

Mcdoc
10-11-2012, 02:32 AM
We gotta stand together on this. Keep sending in tickets - keep up the pressure. Notify apple of a faulty / malfunctioning program app . . . Etc

mickymacirl
10-11-2012, 05:30 AM
I think people are missing the point, we SHOULDN'T have to be doing all of this chasing up and submitting tickets.

I've come to the conclusion over the last few days that this game certainly isn't worth my time or money anymore.

tedtrippin
10-11-2012, 08:10 AM
Just seeing if I can reply as I can't post new threads!

As for Gree, I have had no replies to emails. I think CCM is the only developer/techie!! Poor chap.

Philoe Beddoe
10-14-2012, 08:50 AM
Your original post for those unaware

PIRATE JUSTICE
10-14-2012, 09:38 AM
You, "mickeymacirl", have concluded correctly. Don't be afraid to think, before you act. Everyone knows what to do. I'm baffled because few actually do it.

Ferr
10-14-2012, 02:40 PM

Yours,
Ferr

Today the two weeks have lapsed and clearly the demand has not been met. I did have contacts with Gree but with no result whatsoever.

Their position on the boosts not working for the boss is that the boosts were made for pvp only. Obviously, a flawed position as that was never communicated for those units which came out after the introduction of the boss events and also flawed in general as when the first boost units came out Gree knew it was going to introduce events in which the boosts would not work and did not advertised this as well.

Their position on the invisible boosts you all know. We need to trust them on their word that they work. Firstly, a flawed position as one does not pay for invisible qualities. Secondly, some of you have been able to test this in pvp (not me) and the test results are worrysome to say the least. A pvp-attack just before and just after the introduction of a new boost is the only way to test this. Your BP should change substatially. I urge you all to do this test if you get such an item and publish your result. Thirdly, trusting their word can not be based on their track record of misleading statements, mistakes, miscommunications etc.

Now what?

I have no other choice but to serve a formal liability letter. I will publish this letter here once dispatched (need some extra days as i was abroad a lot this week). You guys can refer to this letter and send in your tickets. Also, non forum members should be informed. I have, however, no idea how to do this. I wish albeezies newspaper was for real.

Good night to you and to those at Gree who really have no idea how to run a game.

Yours

Philoe Beddoe
10-14-2012, 02:52 PM
A formal liability letter would be sent by first class mail from an attorney not an email with a support ticket

Just saying

If its not bluster do it right

Ferr
10-14-2012, 03:16 PM
A formal liability letter would be sent by first class mail from an attorney not an email with a support ticket

Just saying

If its not bluster do it right

Lol, you have no idea ;). Philoe, i m glad you re on my side!

Edd999
10-14-2012, 03:38 PM
Get a grip for real you should quit now rather than drag this fail out any longer no court is gonna bother with this adding they have money for lawyers and you keep blowing yours on the events you need to end these fake threats or back them up with action

Jhenry02
10-14-2012, 03:48 PM
I'm guessing that most of these people above are not aware of Ferrs occupation.

Edd999
10-14-2012, 03:53 PM
I'm guessing that most of these people above are not aware of Ferrs occupation.

Small time lawyer you will see he will do nothing and he knows now he's backed into a corner put up or shut up good luck with Calis courts

Bob_55
10-14-2012, 04:25 PM
Small time lawyer you will see he will do nothing and he knows now he's backed into a corner put up or shut up good luck with Calis courts

Do you worked for Greed

PIRATE JUSTICE
10-14-2012, 04:28 PM
This is becoming very interesting. This is far more interesting than looting, raiding, sacking, and pillaging.

Poopenshire
10-14-2012, 05:09 PM
Ferr is no small time lawyer. Go back and look at the Dutch Trade Mission he was part of and met with Gree in Japan.

PJ, want some popcorn?

Mad
10-14-2012, 05:11 PM

Having a bit of a problem understanding why this is such a big deal to you? Why would you oppose his efforts? Why would you want to mock him?

What type of individual would want to see Ferr fail?

Anybody who plays this game wants Ferr to succeed? Some may think his chances are slim, but even those individuals are pulling for him.

Who would want to mock him?

Jhenry02
10-14-2012, 05:26 PM
Artards thats who mad, level 28 noobs, and general *******s.

-Jason

PIRATE JUSTICE
10-14-2012, 05:27 PM
Why thank you, Poop, I'd love some popcorn. No butter please.

BigD@wg
10-14-2012, 05:51 PM
Why thank you, Poop, I'd love some popcorn. No butter please.

No butter?! That's the best part :)

@Ferr
Thanks for update. Hope this gets resolved soon.

Alaska Ken
10-14-2012, 05:53 PM
Extra butter on mine please, no salt tho.

Thank you Ferr, I know your doing this for all of us that have boost units that aren't working properly.

rrnj6890
10-16-2012, 05:43 AM
The warlord siege tank boost is invisible as well. 3 percent ally boost. Support told me they are aware and are working on it. No compensation offered.......

ArthurWellsley
10-16-2012, 09:31 AM
Ferr

I sent you an email.

res ipsa loquitur

Ferr
10-16-2012, 04:52 PM
Preparing........

FromAfar
10-16-2012, 09:56 PM
i dunno dude... it's a toss up. butter? salt? both? or, something different, old bay. ;)

No butter?! That's the best part :)

albeezy
10-16-2012, 10:40 PM
What about the demand for revealing the final leaderboard? Guess we forgot about that one...

Bob_55
10-18-2012, 02:41 PM
Hi Ferr, what's up to the demand to Gree, and concerning the final result of the leaderbord, the winners was never published yet.

Ferr
10-18-2012, 03:02 PM
Preparing the liability letter (weekend work though) regarding demand and just started thread on leaderboard. They will publish it as that was promised to me.

chbranch
10-18-2012, 03:09 PM
Preparing the liability letter (weekend work though) regarding demand and just started thread on leaderboard. They will publish it as that was promised to me.

Are you seriously going to send them a liability letter?

Ferr
10-18-2012, 03:13 PM
Are you seriously going to send them a liability letter?
Yes sir. I have paid thousands of euros for invisible and/ or non working qualities. No way theybare getting away with this.

bobsmith
10-18-2012, 03:29 PM
Something tells me this is very similar to the emperors new clothes.

They are of the finest silk!

chbranch
10-18-2012, 04:02 PM
Yes sir. I have paid thousands of euros for invisible and/ or non working qualities. No way theybare getting away with this.

I like your style...

Lou Sir
10-18-2012, 04:36 PM
Wow we do need more Ferr around the world. Next time they will think again before they try to scram $1 for zillion of ppls

PIRATE JUSTICE
10-19-2012, 02:04 AM
In the USA, if you want someone to rectify something, make good on an obligation, etc.. you send them a "demand letter".

A "letter of liability" is used if you wish someone to waive liability for engaging in an inherently dangerous activity, ie... swimming with the sharks, skydiving, rock climbing, etc.

However, these letters aren't necessary in disputes involving superior (higher) courts in most US states (including California).

Here's a sample of "demand letter" used under the Massachusetts Consumer Protection Act:

http://www.mass.gov/ago/docs/consumer/conprotlaw.pdf (http://www.mass.gov/ago/docs/consumer/conprotlaw.pdf)

JohnnyR
10-19-2012, 02:21 AM
Maybe Ferr's got something else in mind, heh.

PIRATE JUSTICE
10-19-2012, 05:51 AM
Maybe Ferr's got something else in mind, heh.Could be, could be not. Who's to say?

Ferr
10-19-2012, 11:40 AM
In the USA, if you want someone to rectify something, make good on an obligation, etc.. you send them a "demand letter".

A "letter of liability" is used if you wish someone to waive liability for engaging in an inherently dangerous activity, ie... swimming with the sharks, skydiving, rock climbing, etc.

However, these letters aren't necessary in disputes involving superior (higher) courts in most US states (including California).

Here's a sample of "demand letter" used under the Massachusetts Consumer Protection Act:

http://www.mass.gov/ago/docs/consumer/conprotlaw.pdf (http://www.mass.gov/ago/docs/consumer/conprotlaw.pdf)
Thank you pirate. This is due to my bad english. What you mean with demand letter is identical to my liability letter. In the netherlands we call it a aansprakelijkheidstelling which can be served by a bailif (deurwaarder). In the uk its called a letter begore action.
Thx for thinking with me though. I cant give any guarantee about these boosts but i can guarantee you all that i wont settle anything before these boosts are all visible

PIRATE JUSTICE
10-19-2012, 12:36 PM
Thank you pirate. This is due to my bad english. What you mean with demand letter is identical to my liability letter. In the netherlands we call it a aansprakelijkheidstelling which can be served by a bailif (deurwaarder). In the uk its called a letter begore action.Thx for thinking with me though. I cant give any guarantee about these boosts but i can guarantee you all that i wont settle anything before these boosts are all visibleIf one isn't planning to bring a small claims court action (court not of record that lacks the power to issue injunctive relief), such a letter isn't be required. You set forth the theory of your case in your pleadings. Now, if you're seeking specific performance or injunctive relief, selecting the proper venue is extremely important. Don't be mislead, this isn't a product liability suit. Could this be seen as more of a consumer fraud issue?Then their is injunctive relief. So many potential remedies to seek, but only one or two seem to be appropriate.

Poopenshire
10-19-2012, 12:47 PM
If one isn't planning to bring a small claims court action (court not of record that lacks the power to issue injunctive relief), such a letter isn't be required. You set forth the theory of your case in your pleadings. Now, if you're seeking specific performance or injunctive relief, selecting the proper venue is extremely important. Don't be mislead, this isn't a product liability suit. Could this be seen as more of a consumer fraud issue?Then their is injunctive relief. So many potential remedies to seek, but only one or two seem to be appropriate.

Even if this is civil matter would it still not be required in CA to to file a complaint with the attorney general's consumer affiars office, for investigation of fraud?

albeezy
10-19-2012, 12:48 PM
If one isn't planning to bring a small claims court action (court not of record that lacks the power to issue injunctive relief), such a letter isn't be required. You set forth the theory of your case in your pleadings. Now, if you're seeking specific performance or injunctive relief, selecting the proper venue is extremely important. Don't be mislead, this isn't a product liability suit. Could this be seen as more of a consumer fraud issue?Then their is injunctive relief. So many potential remedies to seek, but only one or two seem to be appropriate.
Don't The Possibilities Abound...

Ramshutu
10-19-2012, 12:57 PM
I hope everyone here knows that the disclaimers set forth by gree/funzio are very similar if not pretty much identical to the same disclaimers all major gaming companies have (EA, Treyarch, Dice, Infinity ward) pretty much the major players in the online games market. These companies have spent millions perfecting their greedy ways. I understand some people here like Ferr have spent a lot of real money in this game, but really you shouldnt waste your time its not worth it...assuming they actually do fix all the boosts/leaderboards and such, in the end after all the time and money you have spent it wouldnt even be worth it.

Just an example here, imagine getting a $20 parking ticket, then spending $300 to fight it off. Its kinda the same thing here. All im saying is its not worth the time and effort to getting the stuff fixed. I wish there was some other way, the only real way is to stop spending money on this game and this company whatsover, its a good game, i play it part time, but unless this company stops making revenue, they will not change their ways.

Well I hope i didnt offend anyone just trying to help out, im a gamer at heart, this is my part time game, i play on consoles online,not even on pc because i dont have much time to play, not at much as i would like to, but enough to know that there has been even bigger "frauds" commited by companies as such and we as gamers are at their mercy.

If you can get a few gold bars for your troubles you'd be lucky.

Most typical EULAs and warranty info provided in software limit liability against damage to the equipment the software is run on, and limit warranty recourse to the purchase price. However, these do not prevent local laws from applying, so in the case where specific items are sold that do not work you can at least get your money back, but at most use local laws governing fraud or consumer standards still apply, especially in cases where items are sold and marketed as one thing but are known to be something else.

Ajk
10-19-2012, 01:43 PM
I think that we've kinda hit a differant era as far as online game play. Most other massive online games are subscription basis. With the way these top units are handed out in these events, there could even be possible gambling implications brought upon them. Just a thought.

Poopenshire
10-19-2012, 01:45 PM
That would be the gacha tbat Japan was investigating Gree for. I dont believe this is the case in the US yet.

Ramshutu
10-19-2012, 01:50 PM
I think that we've kinda hit a differant era as far as online game play. Most other massive online games are subscription basis. With the way these top units are handed out in these events, there could even be possible gambling implications brought upon them. Just a thought.

That would be arguable. But.... I don't believe any case like this has been brought yet. Setting a precedent is always harder than following one.

The problem is though, I don't think anyone really wants to actually go through with anything, it is much better for gree to actually make the game work properly and to offer fair representation of the game mechanics and events to allow users to make informed and reasonable descision as to whether to spend money.

Ajk
10-19-2012, 02:17 PM
That would be arguable. But.... I don't believe any case like this has been brought yet. Setting a precedent is always harder than following one.

The problem is though, I don't think anyone really wants to actually go through with anything, it is much better for gree to actually make the game work properly and to offer fair representation of the game mechanics and events to allow users to make informed and reasonable descision as to whether to spend money.
I agree, who is going to be the first to take this company on in the U.S. (The land of litigation)
I also agree that steps should be taken first, just as Ferr is doing. But as far as thier disclaimer goes, I really don't think it goes far enough for the game they advertise as "free". It is far from that, and they know it. The courts need to find this out.

Ajk
10-19-2012, 02:23 PM
actually its the opposite, , there have been many massive online games, or MMORPG, free to play, yet pay for whatever, just like this.

subscription based games are pretty much over with, probably only 1 exception. this game is not a massive online game by the way, its actually a very weak online game by comparison.Than, I am truely getting old. I fear. I fear for my kids. hehe.

West London
10-21-2012, 08:21 AM
I see Ferr has died and gone away.

What a predictable outcome, fein outrage and demands while spending away

Edd999
10-21-2012, 03:06 PM
I see Ferr has died and gone away.

What a predictable outcome, fein outrage and demands while spending away

It was always gonna be fail anyway those companies are not stupid always covered Cali courts won't even give this time spent huge amounts while complaining gree will use that cash for lawyers to beat this out easy

Jhenry02
10-21-2012, 05:07 PM
Why is everyone bringing up Cali courts? Ferr is dutch and gRee is japanese.

PIRATE JUSTICE
10-21-2012, 05:17 PM
Why is everyone bringing up Cali courts? Ferr is dutch and gRee is japanese.

How can you sue a US based company in The Netherlands, easily?

You can't.

Hence, if you TRY to sue Gree, off to Cali you must go.

CAPT.GIN
10-21-2012, 05:44 PM
How can you sue a US based company in The Netherlands, easily?

You can't.

Hence, if you TRY to sue Gree, off to Cali you must go.

Hey are you like the leader of the pirates or something?

Jhenry02
10-21-2012, 07:44 PM
But... Gree isn't a U.S. based company, a lot of their customers are U.S. based, but Gree is a Japanese company.

jeffrey
10-22-2012, 02:06 AM
I hope Ferr has sent the court paper work.