PDA

View Full Version : Back from tokyo, top major issues Modern War discussed

Ferr
09-29-2012, 06:13 PM
The dutch Trademission to Japan has returned to the Netherlands today. I can tell you guys that I have met and talked to a Gree director at a reception at the Dutch embassy. Obviously, i will not disclose his name here. however, ccm you can pm me if you wish to have his name. Very funny situation i got myself in to as my presence there had of course little to do with me playing this game lol. We had a very vivid discussion though.
I brought to him the following issues of which i think threaten the game also based on what you guys have written on the tokyo thread and other threads.

1. Game security. This includes the obvious and less obvious hacking but also the many mistakes made when introducing new elements in the game. It seems that there is hardly any testing performed. New upgades create new problems (newest are the apc double upgrade not working just as 20% airboost which is as invisible as the bear boost).

2. Structural inbalance. Having a game where money spenders and free players are fighting eachother justifies a structural inbalance. In fact this is exactly what the game is, economically speaking, all about. However, once you have enticed the free player to become a money spender, he should have a theoretical possibility at least to reach the top of the game. The way modern war is going this goal will get increasingly more difficult to reach. Other games have the same problem and this is usually one of the reasons why games die out. Game heros will be examples for others to play the game but if that hero becomes impossible to reach. Normally, this takes years to happen but with the rate Gree is introducing new event units, this inbalanceness is accelerated to the extreme.

3. Bad communication. This includes the forum news and ticket handling (i have not mentioned the names of those who handle our tickets).

4. Lack of transparancy. The game does not allow you to test units, to check the consistency of your stats, to check wether your boosts are working etc. This lack of transparancy is usually because of the existence of flaws they want to cover up.

5. Last but not least i mentioned the casualty glitch (there seem to be players who never loose any unit). Although not a hacking issue, it leads to a similar result: legit players leaving the game.

These major issues threaten the existence of the game in the near future. Already we can see that the game is getting less and less popular if we look at the amount that the game is downloaded.

The response i received on all topics above are not for this thread as that was what i promised. However, i can tell you guys that we are in a transitional fase...... That does not mean much and frankly it also remains unclear to me what the future will bring us. However, meeting our true owners has opened some opportunity at least to help the improvement of the game as such.
Yours,
Ferr

bigflan
09-29-2012, 06:19 PM
Wish the best of luck for that happening

Ferr
09-29-2012, 06:33 PM
[QUOTE=bigflan;429527]Wish the best of luck for that happening[/QUOTE

Well, you never know Big. I did get you some leaderboard changes of which you were sure it was not gonna happen ;). But you re right to be sceptical though.....

Boom
09-29-2012, 06:34 PM
Give me SUSHI ROLLS AND UDON FOR FREE

CAPT.GIN
09-29-2012, 06:36 PM
Ferr you telling me you booked a flight to Japan, flew all the way over there just to talk to gree! All of that over a game!

Jhenry02
09-29-2012, 06:38 PM
To a dummy like me, seems like a blowoff.

-jason

Ferr
09-29-2012, 06:41 PM
Ferr you telling me you booked a flight to Japan, flew all the way over there just to talk to gree! All of that over a game!
Of course i did. That shows my love for you all!! Seriously now, no of course not. I am a regular member of the Dutch trade missions to Japan. We visit many companies, organise seminars and visit our embassy who organised a reception for us. During that reception i met gree. Reason why gree was there is because of their presence in the netherlands.

Ferr
09-29-2012, 06:43 PM
To a dummy like me, seems like a blowoff.

-jason
Not so negative jason. Everything starts with a good diplomatic talk ;)

bigflan
09-29-2012, 06:47 PM
I don't see anything happening they have to deal with there new game monster age

Ganja
09-29-2012, 06:54 PM
Not so negative jason. Everything starts with a good diplomatic talk ;)

Well said. Thanks Ferr for bringing the concerns of the game (players) to those who has authority to make some changes. While it may not necessarily happen overnight, who knows, maybe sometime in the future. But at least the door of opportunity had been unlocked.

CAPT.GIN
09-29-2012, 06:56 PM
Of course i did. That shows my love for you all!! Seriously now, no of course not. I am a regular member of the Dutch trade missions to Japan. We visit many companies, organise seminars and visit our embassy who organised a reception for us. During that reception i met gree. Reason why gree was there is because of their presence in the netherlands.

Oh I see... That's hardcore man!!! Real hardcore...

Mad
09-29-2012, 06:57 PM
Great job Ferr. I have seen some incredible changes in areas that no one believed would ever change, so I appreciate what you did. All it takes is for one or two people on the inside of Gree to say there needs to be changes and anything can happen.

Dr. Dengus
09-29-2012, 07:15 PM
Is that why there wasn't a leaderboard event this week, because GREE knew you were on vacation? Lol. All kidding aside, I'm glad you brought the concerns of the players to the attention of an/the executive(s).

CAPT.GIN
09-29-2012, 07:22 PM
Ferr did you go in there all angery and demanding? I would of! I would of been like where the hell is the CEO at!!! I demand to speak with him! And I would of been like no I don't want that eggroll a$$hole I want answers and youve got them for me!!!

Jhoemel
09-29-2012, 07:23 PM
Great job ferr. Its good that you finally talked to the authorities :)

Ferr
09-29-2012, 07:26 PM
Ferr did you go in there all angery and demanding? I would of! I would of been like where the hell is the CEO at!!! I demand to speak with him! And I would of been like no I don't want that eggroll a$$hole I want answers and youve got them for me!!!
No gin, did not do that. Perhaps i should introduce you, run away and await the collapse of the embassy? ;)

CAPT.GIN
09-29-2012, 07:31 PM
No gin, did not do that. Perhaps i should introduce you, run away and await the collapse of the embassy? ;)

Haha I would probably get arrested the minute I get off the plane to Japan and then get deported with a letter attached to me saying " BANNED FROM JAPAN FOREVVVVER!" lol

jeffrey
09-29-2012, 07:35 PM
The dutch Trademission to Japan has returned to the Netherlands today. I can tell you guys that I have met and talked to a Gree director at a reception at the Dutch embassy. Obviously, i will not disclose his name here. however, ccm you can pm me if you wish to have his name. Very funny situation i got myself in to as my presence there had of course little to do with me playing this game lol. We had a very vivid discussion though.
I brought to him the following issues of which i think threaten the game also based on what you guys have written on the tokyo thread and other threads.

1. Game security. This includes the obvious and less obvious hacking but also the many mistakes made when introducing new elements in the game. It seems that there is hardly any testing performed. New upgades create new problems (newest are the apc double upgrade not working just as 20% airboost which is as invisible as the bear boost).

2. Structural inbalance. Having a game where money spenders and free players are fighting eachother justifies a structural inbalance. In fact this is exactly what the game is, economically speaking, all about. However, once you have enticed the free player to become a money spender, he should have a theoretical possibility at least to reach the top of the game. The way modern war is going this goal will get increasingly more difficult to reach. Other games have the same problem and this is usually one of the reasons why games die out. Game heros will be examples for others to play the game but if that hero becomes impossible to reach. Normally, this takes years to happen but with the rate Gree is introducing new event units, this inbalanceness is accelerated to the extreme.

3. Bad communication. This includes the forum news and ticket handling (i have not mentioned the names of those who handle our tickets).

4. Lack of transparancy. The game does not allow you to test units, to check the consistency of your stats, to check wether your boosts are working etc. This lack of transparancy is usually because of the existence of flaws they want to cover up.

5. Last but not least i mentioned the casualty glitch (there seem to be players who never loose any unit). Although not a hacking issue, it leads to a similar result: legit players leaving the game.

These major issues threaten the existence of the game in the near future. Already we can see that the game is getting less and less popular if we look at the amount that the game is downloaded.

The response i received on all topics above are not for this thread as that was what i promised. However, i can tell you guys that we are in a transitional fase...... That does not mean much and frankly it also remains unclear to me what the future will bring us. However, meeting our true owners has opened some opportunity at least to help the improvement of the game as such.
Yours,
Ferr

Crap, I just pm your whereabouts, never mind.

You should ask the gree dude to name a unit after you like the Ferrcraft, you deserve it as you are the highest no hacked player I know here.

Vballmadam
09-29-2012, 07:38 PM
Well said. Thanks Ferr for bringing the concerns of the game (players) to those who has authority to make some changes. While it may not necessarily happen overnight, who knows, maybe sometime in the future. But at least the door of opportunity had been unlocked.

I concur! Thank you for planting seeds Ferr! It's in Gree's ballpark now.

Buggs1a
09-29-2012, 09:15 PM
God bless you Ferr. Not just from this but in general I ask God to bless you, protect you etc.

Hivesy
09-30-2012, 01:19 AM
Hope you've got his card Ferr? A hotline to one of the big men is always a useful thing to have. A transitional phase does sound like a big body swerve rather than any real answers but I think we all appreciate you at least making the effort Ferr. We may seem some changes, we may not, but currently Ferr is our only hope........(because they take fcuk all notice of our comments and suggestions on here that's for sure)

Ferr
09-30-2012, 01:22 AM
God bless you Ferr. Not just from this but in general I ask God to bless you, protect you etc.
This my be a little too much but ty ;)

Ferr
09-30-2012, 01:24 AM
Hope you've got his card Ferr? A hotline to one of the big men is always a useful thing to have. A transitional phase does sound like a big body swerve rather than any real answers but I think we all appreciate you at least making the effort Ferr. We may seem some changes, we may not, but currently Ferr is our only hope........(because they take fcuk all notice of our comments and suggestions on here that's for sure)
I have it of course.

Hellstorm
09-30-2012, 04:48 AM
The truth is, Gree made a huge mistake purchsing MW and the other games. The huge amount the paid for these cant be regenerated within a short period. In fact what they paid for MW alone exceeds the last revenues of Gree, not to mention the net profits. In fact there was a deficit in the net profits for the last quarter. It will take 5 years to break even if things continue like this. That on the other hand means that Gree will try to squeeze every cent out to get as fast close to break even point. Now everybody who knows a little about accounting and business financials will understand that this has to happen fast and aggressive. What does that mean for us? Well, that means that we will come short as we have seen ever since Gree took over. Their primary goal is to please the stake holders and to bring the company to a profitable path. I think we will see some changes that will increase the desire to spend more money, however ai believe that those changes will also cause a furry among the majority of players. Personally I dont think there is enough substance in this game to excelerate profits over a few years. They made a mistake taking over this game, it will cost them but as well as us. But again, as much as you or we might believe of our key role as players and consumers, we become obsolete in the shadow of the real corporate world of profits and money. If there has to be drawn a line, we will not be included as an important factor. Go check out the financial statements of Gree, found on their website under investors relations. Not good.

Fifth Reich
09-30-2012, 05:31 AM
So what happend?