PDA

View Full Version : Which units make it to battle

Ascent
09-28-2012, 03:43 PM
Here is what I noticed:

I have 2000 MLRSs as defense and I am buying 2000 Demolitions to prevent the MLRSs from participating in attacks.

But as I am buying Demolitions, my attack score goes down.

So I do the math:

MLRS has 17 attack plus 10% Nation Boost plus 20% Electronics = 22.44

Demolitions has 20 attack, plus 10% Genetics = 22

The only explanation is that as I am buying Demolitions, they keep replacing my MLRSs and that is why my attack score is going down.

Now, my question is: does the game consider the unboosted stats when deciding who makes it into battle? Because that is the only explanation I see here.

Mad
09-28-2012, 04:01 PM
Here is what I noticed:

I have 2000 MLRSs as defense and I am buying 2000 Demolitions to prevent the MLRSs from participating in attacks.

But as I am buying Demolitions, my attack score goes down.

So I do the math:

MLRS has 17 attack plus 10% Nation Boost plus 20% Electronics = 22.44

Demolitions has 20 attack, plus 10% Genetics = 22

The only explanation is that as I am buying Demolitions, they keep replacing my MLRSs and that is why my attack score is going down.

Now, my question is: does the game consider the unboosted stats when deciding who makes it into battle? Because that is the only explanation I see here.

This is strange. Bizarre actually.

Did you happen to win one of those units that promised a boost but nobody can see it. Gree says the boost is there but its hidden? If you did maybe it is partially at play here. It may be increasing the Demolitions stats to boot out the MLRS but that increase is not showing up in your actual Attack stat numbers.

Ascent
09-28-2012, 04:34 PM
This is strange. Bizarre actually.

Did you happen to win one of those units that promised a boost but nobody can see it. Gree says the boost is there but its hidden? If you did maybe it is partially at play here. It may be increasing the Demolitions stats to boot out the MLRS but that increase is not showing up in your actual Attack stat numbers.

Not that I know of....

I have won thrice:

- Elite Base Defense - no boosts
- Elite Bridge Jumper - faster health recovery
- Dragon Viper - reduces upgrade time

bbprofitz
09-29-2012, 12:40 PM
Maybe the Demolitions have such a high casualty rate that you are losing them quicker than you can buy them LOL

Maverick50727
09-29-2012, 12:55 PM
Maybe the Demolitions have such a high casualty rate that you are losing them quicker than you can buy them LOL
He could be correct you know. In the past I saw my stats go down, it took over a hour to get the loss reported in my news feed though to match it up. Delays can explain it sometimes, but you could be right still. I've never figured out how the order is determined when there is a tie.

Baraka
09-29-2012, 01:42 PM
I think like it doesn't take nation boost into the equation. But I'm hopeless on this stuff lol.

Hivesy
09-29-2012, 01:51 PM
The only trouble with 2000 of any mid level unit is the inevitable redundancy that looms. I was buying bio warfare troops and only got to 200 before they stopped making it into battle.

Edit - just double checked the cost of demolitions 200k, MLRSs should last you a while on D but I can't help but think I'd buy 400 B-52s rather than 2000 demolitions.

Ascent
09-29-2012, 02:40 PM
The only trouble with 2000 of any mid level unit is the inevitable redundancy that looms. I was buying bio warfare troops and only got to 200 before they stopped making it into battle.

Edit - just double checked the cost of demolitions 200k, MLRSs should last you a while on D but I can't help but think I'd buy 400 B-52s rather than 2000 demolitions.

Money is not an issue for me, I have a really high IPH. Valor however is getting harder and harder to get, so not losing one MLRS (or any other valor unit for that matter) is worth a lot of money for me.

The 2000 demolitions are there to make sure that there is absolutely no chance of losing ANY of the MLRSs when I attack someone. 400Million is like 12 days of my income, so who cares.

As far as losing demolitions due to not-yet-announced attack news... that is not the case. I am buying them one by one and I see the attack score going down each time, while my money does not decrease (as it also should if I were attacked since I am over vault constantly)

Ascent
09-29-2012, 02:44 PM
I've never figured out how the order is determined when there is a tie.

Well, it is not a tie (22.00 vs. 22.44), unless they round up or down the numbers to integers, which would be stupid considering that any % boost will immediately create fractions.