PDA

View Full Version : Are these problems with looting, or am I just paranoid?

montecore
09-28-2012, 12:18 PM
I'm concerned that on Android there are some problems getting loot. Some possibilities:

1) Loot doesn't drop if you aren't far enough in the campaign (I'm looting the Nightlife District, but only completed the campaign up to Auto Row - is loot unavailable?) I can't tell you how many times I've done the helicopter in the army base, I've never seen a single car drop. I've done the Blues Club in the Nightlife District 20 times so far, and haven't gotten one robot armor drop. I was able to get one car, once, from the tea house in chinatown. That said, these drop rates are insanely low.

2) I was able to get some rock jackets when farming for cash from Ladd Rock. Is the secret to just farm bosses? I assume they're more likely to drop because it takes so much time/money/energy.

montecore
09-28-2012, 12:21 PM
I also did a ton of Pier 13 Factory - never got one bomb squad suit. Is perhaps the reason chinatown worked because it was closer to where I am as far as completing the campaign?

Sasha54
09-28-2012, 12:35 PM
I don't think it has anything to do with the map jobs. I don't do them but as a for instance - the Blues Club - I get drops of that Robot Suit constantly.

Dipstik
09-28-2012, 12:38 PM
You should bow 5 times towards Mecca, hold your device facing magnetic north, and click the job with your left ring finger. That'll help.

Stock Slayer
09-28-2012, 12:50 PM
You should bow 5 times towards Mecca, hold your device facing magnetic north, and click the job with your left ring finger. That'll help.

WOW!!! Drops everytime!

montecore
09-28-2012, 12:51 PM
I don't think it has anything to do with the map jobs. I don't do them but as a for instance - the Blues Club - I get drops of that Robot Suit constantly.

Are you on Android or IOS?

Also, I noticed that Kane da Silva and Ma Sheng drop three items - rates of 72%, 6%, and 22%. Is it safe to assume that I"ll get one of these items every single time?

With the lack of drops I'm seeing that may be the safest move.

montecore
09-28-2012, 12:55 PM

I know how to search and I already tried all that. It didn't make a difference.

Tissues
09-28-2012, 12:59 PM
Montecore im IOS but i remember reading this Thread by Balax regarding Farming on Android Device, hope it helps..

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?38839-I-cannot-loot-explosives-glitch-of-just-bad-luck&highlight=Balax

EDIT: PM him, He is good peoples..

montecore
09-28-2012, 01:26 PM
Thanks for the link, it basically validated my concerns. Unfortunate that Gree/Funzio can't get it's Android act together.

Maniaxe
09-28-2012, 01:30 PM
I've been farming the Nightlife District so I can level up faster for the good drops later and have had no problem. But then again I am on iOS.

What level are you now btw? I miss stalking your hood waiting for you to miss a collection, which apparently never happens.

montecore
09-28-2012, 02:24 PM
I've been farming the Nightlife District so I can level up faster for the good drops later and have had no problem. But then again I am on iOS.

What level are you now btw? I miss stalking your hood waiting for you to miss a collection, which apparently never happens.

After reading the experiences of the Android users in the other thread, it is clearly an OS/build specific issue and appears to not be an issue on lower level areas. I hit the clothing store in Empire Arena Plaza once and got a drop. Hit the blues club (nightlife) 20-25 times and didn't get one.

I'm at level 132. Basically working on thug life and building up my Exeleros (up to 160). I'm surprised you never got to hit my hood, I do actually miss collections quite a bit. There are hood stalkers out there far more crazy and OCD than you. Blindly attacking people as I work on thug life is a fine way to find them (and for them to find my hood).

I'm going to need to sync my buildings at some point so let me know when you're on the same level and I'll tell you when to collect everything. Rather it be you than one of the psychos.

I'm leveling up again because the office buildings are close enough and building a missile turret every 48 hours is getting old.

balax
09-28-2012, 02:40 PM
Android users cannot loot anything that is not a single job loot except from mini bosses of the areas.

montecore
09-28-2012, 03:20 PM
Android users cannot loot anything that is not a single job loot except from mini bosses of the areas.

This backs up my experience. Wish I'd read it before wasting all that energy and XP. I will say this though - I'm pretty sure I got one Armored Police Truck at the Teahouse in Chinatown. Although I just looked it up and it's single click... so whatever.

They should sell gold to Android players at half price. The worst part isn't being a second class citizen, the worst part is that those morons with support deny it. I wouldn't be so annoyed if they said "it's a problem, we're sorry and we're working on it".

montecore
09-28-2012, 03:35 PM
Clicked on the Empire Arena clothing store three times, got two drops. Christ, how much energy and XP have I wasted... :(