PDA

View Full Version : Time to Pony up & Buy Some Gold :)

Mcdoc
09-27-2012, 07:58 PM
Alright Biatches - we've all whined & complained & boycotted buying Gold over the Auction Events - so NOW that we got the old 10 event Back - it's time to show Gree that THIS type of event is MORE profitable for them & let's get the Gold purchases flowing to prove that point.

I made my 1st Gold purchase in Almost 60 days - I'm leading the charge to express our thanks for someone finally listening to us - AND Besides - its an Air Boost - so all your Russian players (like me) should be foaming at the mouth over this event!

Even if it is "invisible" today - you will kick yourself in 2 months when they finally get all the unit boosts working properly.

Remember how much you regret not having the reduced upgrade time or discounted building upgrade cost bonus?

Alaska Ken
09-27-2012, 08:02 PM
I agree, I bought a vault.

BigDog146400220
09-27-2012, 08:06 PM
I donated! :)

jeffrey
09-27-2012, 08:06 PM
I am waiting for the 40% discount to show up on my HLP account before I buy. Gree needs to sweeten the deal.

albeezy
09-27-2012, 08:07 PM
I already did this for the same reasons you suggest McDoc, but I may regret it. Luckily I am not in it for quite as much as SP but I am stuck on 9...

bushobama
09-27-2012, 08:52 PM
Who stopped buying gold??

Hivesy
09-28-2012, 01:21 AM
bought a vault and spent it all, only on 7.......

Mcdoc
09-28-2012, 01:43 AM
On 2nd vault and on 9 :)

Tctiger
09-28-2012, 02:15 AM
Don't you have to spend gold first day to have the best chance with early part rates as even with gold it's not 100% you will win .Also 4 days is not a week do you think they will extend event after all the ferr thing about misleading ? And I have a feeling this could be a one off while they fix leader board . Ccm indicated that the bear boost may never show up in stats too. Nice to see it back though and good luck to everyone .

Vballmadam
09-28-2012, 02:34 AM
On 2nd vault and on 9 :)

Hey Mc D ...i went to floating airstrip in Pirate Flotilla and got 17crates out of 19 tries. 10 of the 17 were launch codes. Only problem I didn't pay attention to xp's and ended up leveling up!

On crate events I've opened 9 the first day and never got the top unit after a week of trying. I think the success rate, for me, was the best drop rate ever! I didn't want to take the chance of not getting it especially since I opened MW today and it said I had only 3 days to win this event!

Good luck to everyone!

Mcdoc
09-28-2012, 02:44 AM
Good job VBM :)

Hivesy
09-28-2012, 03:54 AM
You got 10th yet McDoc? I've gone to cash opens for now and am up to 8 currently. Might not be worth going back to gold now, maybe I've missed the boat.

That was my first try at the McDoc method and an EPIC fail.

Mcdoc
09-28-2012, 03:55 AM
You got 10th yet McDoc? I've gone to cash opens for now and am up to 8 currently. Might not be worth going back to gold now, maybe I've missed the boat.

That was my first try at the McDoc method and an EPIC fail.

Not yet - got 9 in 40 minutes - but i was about 2 or 3 hours late to start the event.

Mcdoc
09-28-2012, 04:09 AM
Ahh ha - HooophuckinRah! Just got #10

I'm BAAAACK!!!!

Hivesy
09-28-2012, 05:02 AM
Nice one McDoc!!!

Your inbox is full by the way.

Poopenshire
09-28-2012, 05:28 AM
Happy Birthday McDoc. A little birdie told us it was your birthday.

Jhoemel
09-28-2012, 06:55 AM
Nice mcdoc

mickymacirl
09-28-2012, 07:15 AM
The % rate for getting an item for the 10th item is 2.06%, so the odds have changed from before, remember the last 10 event being 4.08% or so on final 10th item.

Miner
09-28-2012, 09:12 AM
I thought long and hard about this event last night and decided that it was worth going for in the long run. I didn't want the XP it would give as I was trying to stay under level 101 for boss events, but the extra 2 boss events I could have got in will not give me as much of a boost to my attack as a 20% increase in my air units over the course of time. So I tore down the tent and started in on it this morning.

Got stuck for 18 cases in a row on #7, but then got 8 and 9 back-to-back. I've opened about 20 cases with resets on #9 and still sit there.

Are you guys seeing cases show up in much PvP yet?

It's taken over 2k gold so far for me.

BigDog146400220
09-28-2012, 09:23 AM
I thought long and hard about this event last night and decided that it was worth going for in the long run. I didn't want the XP it would give as I was trying to stay under level 101 for boss events, but the extra 2 boss events I could have got in will not give me as much of a boost to my attack as a 20% increase in my air units over the course of time. So I tore down the tent and started in on it this morning.

Got stuck for 18 cases in a row on #7, but then got 8 and 9 back-to-back. I've opened about 20 cases with resets on #9 and still sit there.

Had a feeling you wouldn't be able to resist even with the XP detergent! :) good luck buddy! Finished it yesterday but it cost me!

BigDog146400220
09-28-2012, 09:25 AM
Detergent = deterrent... Stupid iOS auto-spell check. Lol

Miner
09-28-2012, 09:32 AM
Had a feeling you wouldn't be able to resist even with the XP detergent! :) good luck buddy! Finished it yesterday but it cost me!

I wish now I would have started immediately, but oh well. Part of my thinking too is that it looks like the unit boosts were intended to effect your boss attack score. If they're working on fixing this, in a couple years I may be able to do more damage to the bosses...

Zoltarov
09-28-2012, 09:50 AM

I made the same decision, and for me being Russian flag I have most of my strenght also on air units.
Who knows they might even fix the level 100 nerve. There is some change finally, although they broke the fusion APC, but that is probably because the code was not isolated enough when the 10 event code was set back.
This will be fixed too. Now they must fix the assault bear to or al credibility is gone.
I think I will buy a couple of vaults just to make a statement.
Good luck on your 10th and may the forces minimum xp be with you.

Jp lfs
09-28-2012, 10:17 AM
I bought a vault for this one even though it was definitely not in my budget. I felt like I should show support for the format change. Stuck on 8... And counting. Lol.

Mcdoc
09-28-2012, 10:47 AM
Nice one McDoc!!!Your inbox is full by the way.
Happy Birthday McDoc. A little birdie told us it was your birthday.Inbox cleared & thanks for the B-day wish :)

Miner
09-28-2012, 11:07 AM
Inbox cleared & thanks for the B-day wish :)

Hey mcdoc. So, I left my ipad in an airport lounge yesterday. Realized it as soon as I boarded the plane and went to pull it out of my briefcase. Couldn't help but think about your ipad when I was staring at the empty pocket in my briefcase where it should have been.

I got off the plane and sprinted the length of the airport to the lounge and the ipad was gone. Checked lost and found, no ipad turned in. Sprinted back and got on the plane furious at myself. Landed at home and have a voicemail on my phone from someone who found it and shipped it back to me!

Glad it wasn't your daughter who found it. Would've never seen it again... hahaha! ;)

Mcdoc
09-28-2012, 11:44 AM
Hey mcdoc. So, I left my ipad in an airport lounge yesterday. Realized it as soon as I boarded the plane and went to pull it out of my briefcase. Couldn't help but think about your ipad when I was staring at the empty pocket in my briefcase where it should have been. . . . . . Glad it wasn't your daughter who found it. Would've never seen it again... hahaha! ;)Truth of the matter - we emailed the guy for over 3 weeks - my daughter even went as far as to post on the guys Facebook account & he promptly deleted it. So we were left scratching our heads as to why he didn't respond to us reaching out to him.

My wife has her theories that involve a married man leading a double life - but I told her she's been watching too many Lifetime Movies. - LoL

albeezy
09-28-2012, 12:46 PM

We don't call you GoldFive for nothing! Lol. Good luck.

MonkeyPuppy2012
09-28-2012, 06:05 PM
So if I go to McDonalds and order a big mac.. and it has no meat on the bun, I should be excited that hopefully later they will give me the meat?

CAPT.GIN
09-28-2012, 06:32 PM
No no noooooooooooooooo dont buy gold... You all will regret it!

Ranger4Life
09-28-2012, 07:20 PM
Truth of the matter - we emailed the guy for over 3 weeks - my daughter even went as far as to post on the guys Facebook account & he promptly deleted it. So we were left scratching our heads as to why he didn't respond to us reaching out to him.

My wife has her theories that involve a married man leading a double life - but I told her she's been watching too many Lifetime Movies. - LoL

Haha. Women and their damn Lifetime!