PDA

View Full Version : Should I even bother?

PawnXIIX
09-27-2012, 08:55 AM
When I find cheaters in the rival list I generally don't bother doing anything. I just hate it when I leave money out in the open and I get attacked by a guy who has 1000 fights/robs won with 250x every RP item. Also has statues everywhere $25k IPH along with subway entrances and fountains. There might be 3 or 4 people on my rivals list who can attack me...so far two of them are obvious cheaters and the other two I suspect to be forum members...

Should I even bother to report him? Honestly, support if you're reading this if you want to get more reports gives us some feedback. Everything is done so back-end that we don't even know if our reports are going un-noticed or even anything is being done about it. It just feels like the time consuming effort of typing out the email and putting the picture in, and waiting 2 weeks just seems pointless.

TL-DR - should I report a cheater? feels pointless, want to go to sleep now. buy me a drink.

kitzune
09-27-2012, 09:01 AM
report cheaters

chbranch
09-27-2012, 09:03 AM
I just ran into a cheater with stats 108k/110k on my level 108 with mafia 100 with a couple(49, 15, 13) of 6x scratcher items and alot of weapons in numerical order i.e. 2031, 2032, 2032. I was kinda flowing by a "if he cheats in his own pants", I'll just leave him alone if he leaves me alone, but he attacked me and took all my hard earned insulated crates so dude/gal had to get reported.

RijilV
09-27-2012, 09:08 AM
its pretty lame the detection of cheaters is to have customers report them. Conzio has all of the datas, they could just do a few clever sql queries and go take a look at some accounts...

Jtstar7439
09-27-2012, 09:10 AM
Report him

Dipstik
09-27-2012, 09:14 AM
Yes... report him. Especially if you know he's active. There are lots of cheaters out there with abandoned or frozen accounts that just haven't been wiped yet. I'd suggest leaving them alone because it wastes support's time to re-investigate cases that are already dealt with. If you encounter an active cheater who's attacking you or commenting, report them immediately! Support does deal with them.

sexkitteh
09-27-2012, 09:17 AM
Yes... report him. Especially if you know he's active. There are lots of cheaters out there with abandoned or frozen accounts that just haven't been wiped yet. I'd suggest leaving them alone because it wastes support's time to re-investigate cases that are already dealt with. If you encounter an active cheater who's attacking you or commenting, report them immediately! Support does deal with them.

I agree 100%

epicrecipe
09-27-2012, 08:32 PM
its pretty lame the detection of cheaters is to have customers report them. Conzio has all of the datas, they could just do a few clever sql queries and go take a look at some accounts...

-----

This.

PawnXIIX
09-27-2012, 08:40 PM
-----

This.

They've already swept up a few people with false positives, so my guess is they're just afraid to do it to avoid losing more customers. Honestly it's a balancing act, they can lose the people upset with them because they did nothing, or they lose the people accidentally banned because the false positives.

I still feel like we need a sweep though...

epicrecipe
09-27-2012, 08:54 PM
I'm aware of one false positive. They lost me as a gold vault buyer b/c I don't trust the integrity of the game.