PDA

View Full Version : PvP sweetspots

Hivesy
09-27-2012, 03:12 AM
After my post in the 'how do you sustain your army in pvp' thread I thought it might be a good idea if we all post our PvP sweet spots here for our boosted attack stats so that everyone can get a handle of where they need to be to not lose units in PvP. This is a huge issue that affects most of us so maybe when we get enough 'live figures' we can actually work out a ratio that works. It should be interesting to see at least.

Please post your sweet spots here and I'll update this first post in to a list in order by stats. If you don't know where your sweet spot is....GO FIND IT FOOL :)

PS - I realise there will be a lot of variables here as different targets will have different boosted defense stats and you can't work out exactly what they are, however let's just do it anyway and see what we see.

EDIT - sorry, to be clear, the sweet spot is the point where target stats above this cause you to lose units, below this and you lose zero units

Boosted attack stats = 85k............PVP target unboosted sweet spot = 16k..........19% ratio
Boosted attack stats = 125k..........PVP target unboosted sweet spot = 38k..........30% ratio

Mcdoc
09-27-2012, 04:16 AM
Good topic. I've posted my sweet spot before.

At level 166 with boosted stats of 125k A / 127k D - I choose to look at my Rivals list in a slightly different manner. I don't take the excess time to look at the individual stats - I DO however start with a quick measure of their character by looking at their BP Rank.

So as a Colonel - halfway to completion - I choose to ONLY attack LT's (double bars) and below. Not that many Sgt's or below show up at these levels - but once I get one attack in - I use the BP points awarded to determine the "Sweet Spot".

For me - if I get 89 BP or below - I'm pretty safe that I won't take any casualties.
If I get 90 to 98 BP points - I'll probably lose a unit every 4th attack.
But if I get from 100 to 150 I'm sure to lose a unit every single hit & over 150 - I'm doomed to lose 2 to 3 units.

So that probably not exactly what you were looking for - but I get the same end result with my method.

Hivesy
09-27-2012, 04:25 AM
Nice one McDoc, whatever works for you my friend. I can see the logic and it obviously delivers the goods. benefits of your way are that you don't spend ages trolling through lists of targets, I suppose the only down side is that you may lose a unit on the first hit if it's a Lt with big stats? What are your bottom feeders with regards to units on attack? If you only lose a venal fighter then it's no biggie I suppose, if you were to lose a Transport Raider fairly often then it would hurt a bit I guess.

There are still plenty of privates, corps and sarges for me at level 125 so I'm trying to make the most of it while I can :)

Just out of interest, if you had to put an unboosted defense stat down for your sweet spot instead of BPs gained what do you think it would be? It'd be good to add it to the list.

Mcdoc
09-27-2012, 04:54 AM
Good questions: well - I had built up 245 B-52 bombers but now if I add a new B-52 - my stats don't change - so I am now beyond the point of bringing in any units below 30 attack (I have 900 Super Hornets with 36 attack - but even those don't change my stats so I will let them slowly fall off). So for now - I'm ok to lose B-52's & SH's much rather than the occasional painful loss if a Transport Raider. So I finally got my Advanced Airbase up to level 8 so I can buy the Stealth a bombers to replace the others that fall off.

And as far as my raw stats - I just took a peek from my LLP and they are 100k A & 85k D.

Hivesy
09-27-2012, 05:30 AM
ha ha geez that is a LOT of B-52's !! I've done the same, I play Russia also and am letting my 400 SHs slowly die off and I'm replacing with Stealth bombers and elite ops helis. I think my entry level unit on attack is commanches still at the moment so I don't mind losing some of those every now and then, I have about 150.

Sorry to ask again but if you had to put an unboosted defense stat number down as your sweet spot would you care to have a guess at it? It'd be good to see what it is for a 125k boosted army. It'll also be interesting to see some people post what their sweetspots are for lower levels.

Fl@sh
09-27-2012, 05:46 AM
I do the same as Mcdoc, anything less than general is going to get a blind attack. Generals I will check the stats. Spec Ops, I just admire their base and inventory...

Mcdoc
09-27-2012, 05:48 AM
Ok -so I had to go do some attacks to find the Defense info - @ 101 BP - slightly risky - the rival had 57k Defense. At 94 BP - pretty much safe from casualties & as high I would like to gamble for losses - my rival had a Defense score of 38k - which I would say is my "Sweet spot".

Hivesy
09-27-2012, 06:04 AM
Thanks McDoc, I've added you above.

@ Flash, ha ha I hear you brother but I don't think you are what we'd call an 'average' player :) What you do to spec ops players we do to you. Fancy sharing your boosted attack and an unboosted defence sweet spot?

Fl@sh
09-27-2012, 06:17 AM
Boosted attack is around 160k. I'm not sure about sweet spot since I don't loose units to often. The biggest risk for me would be valor units. Keep in mind in whale territory, you see a wider range of levels. So a level 200 player could have 200 skill points on defense. I have run into one player close to my level with 80k stats, and I lost the attack, tried again and lost again. This was about 40k attack ago, so I guess I should pay him another visit...

Jp lfs
09-27-2012, 08:54 AM
I know this probably won't help further the goal of this project, but I go strictly off of BP's. If I get 105 or less, I can safely fire away with no losses. Anything between 110-115 will give me one loss per 10 attacks, and anything over 120 is a guaranteed unit loss for every attack.

I try to look for lower ranked opponents, but there is a private at around Lvl 150 with over 100k raw stats, so I always check before attacking. With USA or Iran players, I can usually attack safely up to 40k raw. With any flag bonus, I try to stay at 35k or below.

I am wary of posting my boosted stats or skill points, as I have been attacked several times this week by some of the more organized groups up here. Some successfully, others not. But I don't want to show all of my cards because of it. And I definitely lose major units when I get pounded by a whale.

Hivesy
09-28-2012, 05:08 AM
This will be my only bump for this thread, I was hoping we might get some more PvP sweet spots donated by you guys so we can get a bigger picture of what's what.

@jp - wow man that sounds harsh, how comes you get hit by a whole group? Did you mouth off at someone or it that just what happens up there? Are there many other groups outside of the pirates and the sisters of mercy?

Jhoemel
09-28-2012, 07:33 AM
I know this probably won't help further the goal of this project, but I go strictly off of BP's. If I get 105 or less, I can safely fire away with no losses. Anything between 110-115 will give me one loss per 10 attacks, and anything over 120 is a guaranteed unit loss for every attack.

I try to look for lower ranked opponents, but there is a private at around Lvl 150 with over 100k raw stats, so I always check before attacking. With USA or Iran players, I can usually attack safely up to 40k raw. With any flag bonus, I try to stay at 35k or below.

I am wary of posting my boosted stats or skill points, as I have been attacked several times this week by some of the more organized groups up here. Some successfully, others not. But I don't want to show all of my cards because of it. And I definitely lose major units when I get pounded by a whale.

What group are you talking about jp?

Jp lfs
09-28-2012, 09:49 AM
I'm not naming names or whining about it. It is an aspect of the game in the higher levels. I don't mouth off or post profanity. I think that I was just a random target for several large players that just happened at the same time. I was not blacked out or anything. I have had other people post profanity to my wall lately. I am gonna delete all that, so there is no confusion that I did anything wrong.

sandman84
09-28-2012, 08:38 PM
Sorry to highjack but for some reason I can't start a new thread. I'm a newer player on iOS and the game keeps crashing on me. Just about anytime I try to travel or attack it kicks me off. I have reported the problem to support but haven't received any help. Am I the only one with this problem or is it common? Any help would be appreciated. Thx

Ranger4Life
09-28-2012, 09:00 PM
Sorry to highjack but for some reason I can't start a new thread. I'm a newer player on iOS and the game keeps crashing on me. Just about anytime I try to travel or attack it kicks me off. I have reported the problem to support but haven't received any help. Am I the only one with this problem or is it common? Any help would be appreciated. Thx

I believe you can't start a new thread due to you being a new member. It takes a few posts.

What device are you using? I've heard this happens on old iPhones. 3GS and later.

Mcdoc
09-28-2012, 09:01 PM
you cant start a thread until you've had 8 or 10 posts Try asking in the "Quickie" thread :)

sandman84
09-28-2012, 10:42 PM
I guess that's the problem. I wish they would fix it but I am in the minority as far as devices go. Thx for ur help.

Hellstorm
09-30-2012, 04:23 AM
JMC mentioned in the past that the number of units brought into battle by your opponent plays a big role as well. I didnt believe that and thought all that matters are the stats. However, I observed myself that the unit loss is greater the more units a defendant is using. Thus there is another factor that plays a role in this.

Jhoemel
09-30-2012, 04:24 AM
JMC mentioned in the past that the number of units brought into battle by your opponent plays a big role as well. I didnt believe that and thought all that matters are the stats. However, I observed myself that the unit loss is greater the more units a defendant is using. Thus there is another factor that plays a role in this.

I completely agree man. i noticed that too

Hellstorm
09-30-2012, 04:28 AM
Jhoemel, do you have some input on this? Specifics? I noticed that the losses increase if battling against 1500 and more units, regardless the def stats, even if the opponent has only 5-10 k def. whereas with 20k def using less than 700 units the loss is zero.

Jhoemel
09-30-2012, 04:40 AM
Jhoemel, do you have some input on this? Specifics? I noticed that the losses increase if battling against 1500 and more units, regardless the def stats, even if the opponent has only 5-10 k def. whereas with 20k def using less than 700 units the loss is zero.

I noticed almost no losses if i attack a guy with less than 1000 units. Even if they have the same stats as a guy with 1500 or more units. I also noticed that if the guy who has lesser than 1000 units have units that have more than 100 stats have higher cas rate than a guy without it