PDA

View Full Version : Big Spenders

KizbotBro
09-26-2012, 04:08 PM
So i been playing this game for like a year or something, and have built myself a complex that I don't need to spend money on this game to be successful in it. But lately its £2.99 here and £6.99 there and I feel like I just need some perspective on the matter.

So go on, What do you spend on this game?
I'm really just curious what people spend on this game.

I probably spent total £25-30 not sure exactly.
lvl 93
300 mafia
Att 12.5K
Def 16.5K
IPH 75K

J. Smooth
09-26-2012, 04:47 PM
So i been playing this game for like a year or something, and have built myself a complex that I don't need to spend money on this game to be successful in it. But lately its £2.99 here and £6.99 there and I feel like I just need some perspective on the matter.

lvl 93
300 mafia
Att 12.5K
Def 16.5K
IPH 75K

You don't need to spend money to be successful at the lower levels. Besides tap joy gold I have not spent any money on gold in this game and I can still beat 90% of people at my level. With smart RP robbing, completing thug life goals, and participating in the events you can do quite nice for yourself. Once you get into the shark tank, whether you're a free player or a casual spender, you're going to get owned. So I figured, unless I was willing to spend big, why spend at all. Once I get up there, there will still be plenty of other free players and casual spenders for me to beat. You just have to grow a thicker skin and ignore all the red youre going to see in your feed. :)

Joeycool
09-26-2012, 04:50 PM
Im not a big spender... but I've spent probably at least 50 times that amount.

http://i50.tinypic.com/11wd8o8.jpg

Sub Zero
09-26-2012, 04:52 PM
Only ever used Tapjoy as my source of gold. Got myself 2 one crates and a 3 pack of crates. Also got 2 Ice Cream Shops, 2 Smoke Shops, a Wedding Chapel, and a Pirate Tavern.

Sandukan
09-26-2012, 05:11 PM
Big spenders don't make posts they make statements.

If you are a competitive person your gold spending will escalate and will only be curtailed by your real life economy.

nopenopenope
09-26-2012, 05:21 PM
So i been playing this game for like a year or something...

lvl 93
300 mafia
Att 12.5K
Def 16.5K
IPH 75K

A year in with those stats and you've spent money? No offense, but WTH have you been doing all this time?

Ty1on
09-26-2012, 05:23 PM

Not really sure... Stole my son's credit card and haven't hit the limit yet...:cool:

Dipstik
09-26-2012, 05:50 PM
$0.00. No excuses.

Zendfrim
09-26-2012, 06:08 PM
Dippy is right. This game is worth 0 dollars.

Dippy, you need to re-add me.

Nudie
09-26-2012, 06:12 PM
$0.00. No excuses.

+1000000 to all who spent $0.00

I spent $79.99 on a vault when it was on sale, I figured it was a bargain for a year of fun and "games" :o

Dipstik
09-26-2012, 06:21 PM
Dippy is right. This game is worth 0 dollars.

Dippy, you need to re-add me.

No offense, I go through mafia like nudie goes through boxers.

Polarbear
09-26-2012, 06:31 PM

lvl 93
300 mafia
Att 12.5K
Def 16.5K
IPH 75K

Unless you're planning to drop 1k+ to reach where Joey is, stick with IPH buildings or cosmetics.
No offense, but what have you been doing for a year!!!
In that time you could have farmed up 50k stats just from loot.... And 75k IPH over a year?

Elastic Earl
09-26-2012, 06:41 PM
Im not a big spender... but I've spent probably at least 50 times that amount.

http://i50.tinypic.com/11wd8o8.jpg

Joeycool, i am new to forum. Would you mind telling me how to take and add screenshots?

Thank you,

EE

_dan_
09-26-2012, 07:16 PM
A year in with those stats and you've spent money? No offense, but WTH have you been doing all this time?

+1 for @nopenopenope. 1 year & spending money but ... he is too noob.

FoumTroll101
09-26-2012, 07:25 PM
There are trolls in dem dere hills

Luke 3457
09-26-2012, 07:35 PM
More than most not as much as some

http://i1161.photobucket.com/albums/q514/lukebat/1C04DEDB-9500-4CD4-9E2D-C343BB32E11D-2177-0000012D4471D089.jpg

Tomatoneverdie
09-26-2012, 08:16 PM
With 135k/124k you can still lost 8000 fights!??? Oh my, I better stay down here at the low level....

Deluxe
09-26-2012, 08:56 PM
Unless you're planning to drop 1k+ to reach where Joey is, stick with IPH buildings or cosmetics.
In that time you could have farmed up 50k stats just from loot.... And 75k IPH over a year?

$1000=10,000 stat...to get to 100k stats w those starting #'s were talking $5-6k easy...had he been playing optimally for the year time frame hed be 30-40k stats easy and 100k stat may happen for slightly less

Stock Slayer
09-26-2012, 11:24 PM
I've got a rough estimation at around $9000.00 USD "invested". A good chunk of that went to income buildings, upgrades, and cash. I wasn't playing for stats at the time. I won't spend another dime on this game and deleted all buildings except 24/48 hr collections.
As a side note, I was dedicating portions of my day trading to this game so none of that money was really mine. Thank you capitalism and HFT.

KizbotBro
09-27-2012, 12:52 AM
None taken really, I wasn't afraid to post my stats, I was hoping others would too so I could see some sort if there was a money to gains ratio. If I need to defend my self then I only started looking at the forums over the last 6 weeks, and in that time my att/def has nearly doubled. So I guess you could say the forums are the key to playing efficiently and without it your pretty much stabbing in the dark!
My android account (started 6 weeks ago) is doing much better as I started that after learning from various mistakes.

Interesting though to see the extremes between people spending £0.00 or thousands.

Auxilium
09-27-2012, 01:02 AM
None taken really, I wasn't afraid to post my stats, I was hoping others would too so I could see some sort if there was a money to gains ratio. If I need to defend my self then I only started looking at the forums over the last 6 weeks, and in that time my att/def has nearly doubled. So I guess you could say the forums are the key to playing efficiently and without it your pretty much stabbing in the dark!
My android account (started 6 weeks ago) is doing much better as I started that after learning from various mistakes.

Interesting though to see the extremes between people spending £0.00 or thousands.

Even the people who spend thousands can be weaker then a free player. It's all about knowledge in this game. It's good you found the forum and your stats have increased. It helped me also. :)

KizbotBro
09-27-2012, 01:06 AM
Even the people who spend thousands can be weaker then a free player. It's all about knowledge in this game. It's good you found the forum and your stats have increased. It helped me also. :)
Thanks, that cheered me up again. :)

Polarbear
09-27-2012, 01:14 AM
$1000=10,000 stat...to get to 100k stats w those starting #'s were talking $5-6k easy...had he been playing optimally for the year time frame hed be 30-40k stats easy and 100k stat may happen for slightly less

No wayyyy!!

Then my stats @78k without my $500 (+1300 free gold) item investment would = 72kish.....
And I still have weak points to patch up. (Gun defense, armor attack)

I think it is possible with 1k if you spend it right...

Dravak
09-27-2012, 01:34 AM
Gold game is a different game , sorry simple as that .
You can spend 1k in a gold game , if badly invested and unlucky , it only buys you 10k stats.
But in average 1k gold buys you 30-40k stat at a certain treshhold .
Now gold game factor is the amount of bonus you get for big spending .

Spending overtime infact makes gold game a lost , now around 75k highest you can get without gold .
That is the top without event items and tapjoy ..
Getting past 150k is the real deal , to get past 150k , means you know what you were doing .
Getting past 300k means lets say you invested more then 10k $ ,

The more spread out the spending the weaker the stats , really gold game is totally different game in this game .
So basically people shouldn't play it unless they can afford it , even then it is never a garantee that you get the same stats somebody else has , for that amount of money .

Polarbear
09-27-2012, 02:01 AM
Awww Dravak stop being a killjoy for free players! :p

75k is plenty good for a free player and will sit you in the greener side of the game.

Ghost818
09-27-2012, 02:08 AM
If I started spending when the "good" crates came out and not the first ones, I would've had way better stats I spent a bit more than 1k and am at 85K attack 80 def -_-

MWA
09-27-2012, 02:09 AM
I've got a rough estimation at around $9000.00 USD "invested". A good chunk of that went to income buildings, upgrades, and cash. I wasn't playing for stats at the time. I won't spend another dime on this game and deleted all buildings except 24/48 hr collections.
As a side note, I was dedicating portions of my day trading to this game so none of that money was really mine. Thank you capitalism and HFT.

HOLY SH*T!! 9000, 9K, NINE THOUSAND DOLLARS?!?! Thats insane bro.. Even if it was easy earned money that just too much to spend on ANY game.. :confused:

Dravak
09-27-2012, 02:10 AM
Awww Dravak stop being a killjoy for free players! :p

75k is plenty good for a free player and will sit you in the greener side of the game.

well not being a killjoy , but to get 75k as a free player , it takes a long long time ;)
so roughly around 2 year :p well people might say it was free , but 2 year is a long time ...

Still won't allow you to beat the medium gold spenders who know how to play , now any gold spenders above 150k .
Is safe for 5 years , even with stats scaling .
Since they are not allowing the stats scaling till cheats are fixed , guess that is it .
The game is too leaky and player base too envious , am suprised still no new scaling crates out .

Stock Slayer
09-27-2012, 02:13 AM
HOLY SH*T!! 9000, 9K, NINE THOUSAND DOLLARS?!?! Thats insane bro.. Even if it was easy earned money that just too much to spend on ANY game.. :confused:
I got a little addicted to IPH and mission completion. Yeah, Im a bit pissed with myself too.

KizbotBro
09-27-2012, 02:14 AM
After all the bugs/cheaters/problems I have experienced with this game, It wouldnt really feel like a good investment for me. Perhaps Im just too tight, but its sad to hear that I gotta spend more than £1000 to still compete in later levels of the game.

Dravak
09-27-2012, 02:23 AM
If I started spending when the "good" crates came out and not the first ones, I would've had way better stats I spent a bit more than 1k and am at 85K attack 80 def -_-

Ghost take it easy it is a game :) , look back then I spent around 2,5k for 100k stats , (most money went into events and crates ) with a possible growth topping out around 130k (respec items etc)
Those were without even gold bonus , since didn't care about bonus, wasn't going to play this game forever .

Iceman23 spent more then me , had weaker stats , so did Hank , luck is also a factor in this game .
And wisely choosing which crates to spent , back then they didn't do crap about people cheating .
That was a real ripoff game , especially seeing the cheaters always having the same item increase each month ;)

Anyway the game is way too leaky to compete , seems people are following the Nexon idea , and nobody can blaim them , income is all >.< , so just play the game you want :) .

the game has definetly shifted to BIG spending , or cheating and medium spending in the top 100 .
Basically nothing you can do .

MWA
09-27-2012, 02:37 AM
I got a little addicted to IPH and mission completion. Yeah, Im a bit pissed with myself too.

I feel your pain :) Dont get me wrong, there is nothing wrong in spending a little money on a game that you enjoy. But the amount of money people need to spend to get anywhere in this game is totally insane! And i bet you aint even the biggest spender of this game :O

Ballerado
09-27-2012, 02:47 AM
I got a little addicted to IPH and mission completion. Yeah, Im a bit pissed with myself too.I understand being upset about it but I'm sure your time is worth a good deal of money to you and it sounds like you were buying time in game. If we are going to play this game, for free or not, it is safe to say anyone on here is trying to do it well. If you are going to be playing this game any way, buying time is a cool concept and not a bad way to spend money because it lets you spend more time on real life too. It is also important to remember to do your own thing and have fun because there are a lot of different ways to play.

Stock Slayer
09-27-2012, 04:20 AM
I feel your pain :) Dont get me wrong, there is nothing wrong in spending a little money on a game that you enjoy. But the amount of money people need to spend to get anywhere in this game is totally insane! And i bet you aint even the biggest spender of this game :O
I'm not anywhere near some of the bigger spenders. You should see some of these stats at the higher levels. 35k+ Id imagine.

Stock Slayer
09-27-2012, 04:20 AM
I understand being upset about it but I'm sure your time is worth a good deal of money to you and it sounds like you were buying time in game. If we are going to play this game, for free or not, it is safe to say anyone on here is trying to do it well. If you are going to be playing this game any way, buying time is a cool concept and not a bad way to spend money because it lets you spend more time on real life too. It is also important to remember to do your own thing and have fun because there are a lot of different ways to play.
True! Most of it was for building upgrades because I didn't want to wait 48 hours to complete two upgrades. Thanks.

MrSpidey
09-27-2012, 04:39 AM
I myself have spend between €200 and €300 so far.
Mostly to buy the better gold money buildings (Rock Café, Pirate Tavern and Gentleman's Club).
1 time spend several Euro's in an event to get the final piece (stupid ofcourse, because I didn't get it :))

My goal is to be a money free player and build from this moneybase I have now and use the ingame options to get better items (meaning collecting RP and ingame money).
I am too lazy to get the free gold, too much hassle to go through :)
I am focussing now on upgrading my 8/12/24h buildings to generate more ingame money to be able to buy that Office building :)

Oh, my stats at the moment (out of my head):

lvl135
500 mafia
Att 29.2k
Def 31.2k
IPH 207.5k

MrSpidey
09-27-2012, 04:41 AM
ps: playing from May this year

FoumTroll101
09-27-2012, 04:46 AM
Really me too how coinkidink

emcee
09-27-2012, 04:51 AM
Patient gold spenders only targeting boss events and camping thereafter can reach godly stats with least amount real dollar spend; provided boss events continue and the bar isn't set too high. 1k attack and 1k defense stats increase isn't too shabby. Better than typical events.

Technically non gold spenders with key boss events and general events inventory can actually do quite well in HL provided they don't max alliance.

Most analysis in the forums about getting owned by medium and high gold spenders is based on the assumption that everyone is going to be at 500 mafia.

Technically someone with 50 of each defense building upgraded sufficiently and having a few boss events end items plus other events items and higher scratcher prizes can be pretty much equivalent to a heavy gold player in the HL if they have, for instance, a mafia size of 50 vs 500. Dropping all the way down to 0 mafia and bearing the weight of all defense buildings in this alliance bracket should be much more effective unless bracketing changes in the future.

KizbotBro
09-27-2012, 05:06 AM
Patient gold spenders only targeting boss events and camping thereafter can reach godly stats with least amount real dollar spend; provided boss events continue and the bar isn't set too high. 1k attack and 1k defense stats increase isn't too shabby. Better than typical events.

Technically non gold spenders with key boss events and general events inventory can actually do quite well in HL provided they don't max alliance.

Most analysis in the forums about getting owned by medium and high gold spenders is based on the assumption that everyone is going to be at 500 mafia.

Technically someone with 50 of each defense building upgraded sufficiently and having a few boss events end items plus other events items and higher scratcher prizes can be pretty much equivalent to a heavy gold player in the HL if they have, for instance, a mafia size of 50 vs 500. Dropping all the way down to 0 mafia and bearing the weight of all defense buildings in this alliance bracket should be much more effective unless bracketing changes in the future.
We really need a guide to spending gold and a guide to playing free for this game, because the two tactics are sooo different. I bet if I was to trall through all the posts on this forum it would be there but there really should be sticky threads on it.

FoumTroll101
09-27-2012, 05:13 AM
Use The F------ Search Engine

Burn
09-27-2012, 05:14 AM
True! Most of it was for building upgrades because I didn't want to wait 48 hours to complete two upgrades. Thanks.

Now I understand why the heavy spend hasn't made you much stronger. Costly case of impatience you got there.

KizbotBro
09-27-2012, 05:17 AM
What is a FoumTroll?

sexkitteh
09-27-2012, 07:57 AM
After all the bugs/cheaters/problems I have experienced with this game, It wouldnt really feel like a good investment for me. Perhaps Im just too tight, but its sad to hear that I gotta spend more than £1000 to still compete in later levels of the game.

The bottom line - if you are going to spend money - YOU HAVE TO SPEND LOADS OF IT!

Strawberry Cough
09-27-2012, 08:44 AM
Crates are too addicting to me. Spent way too much money on them.

Level 172
A: 105,241
D: 91,510
IPH: 1,200,524

Stock Slayer
09-27-2012, 08:44 AM
Now I understand why the heavy spend hasn't made you much stronger. Costly case of impatience you got there.
My goals for the game weren't strength.

sexkitteh
09-27-2012, 08:51 AM
Crates are too addicting to me. Spent way too much money on them.

Level 172
A: 105,241
D: 91,510
IPH: 1,200,524

Crates were a good option :D look at your stats!!!

Stock Slayer
09-27-2012, 08:53 AM
Another interesting point was that I never received my bonus gold for large quantities purchased at once. I have 2 tickets in and PMs to the "powers that be" so, here I am, being patient.

sexkitteh
09-27-2012, 08:55 AM
Another interesting point was that I never received my bonus gold for large quantities purchased at once. I have 2 tickets in and PMs to the "powers that be" so, here I am, being patient.

What's your in game name?

Daniel2115
09-27-2012, 09:02 AM
I've spent about $200, maybe a little less and I'm at 46k att/56k def. I barely ever get robbed or attacked, but I'm only in the 140s. Once I get up to the shark tank I know that's going to change lol

Stock Slayer
09-27-2012, 09:03 AM
What's your in game name?
Same as my forum one
Stock Slayer

isshi
09-27-2012, 09:04 AM
what i do not get is: if you buy gold during sales, do you get the bonus on the higher amount? even though it costs less than $100. say for instance you buy at the normal price of $100 x 5 = $500 but during sales this could cost in total say about $400. how does that work out aanyone know?

Jtstar7439
09-27-2012, 09:05 AM
I will only get gold if its on sale, for some reason that justifys it in my head lol. I only used it once heavily on an event and that was the old 10 style event. I used about a vault to get the corpse maker which is the item that gives you 50% more on robberies. I could never do these events where you have to burn so much gold in energy and timer resets. The items u get when u don't get the piece you are looking for are crap. From what I have heard around here, your looking at about 1 to 2 vaults for the top 250 and over 10 vaults to have a shot at the top 25. Imagine the stat bump if you put 10 vaults into a good set of crates.....

I will buy the 3 pack crates here and there as well as long as there decent. Had a splurge a few weeks ago when there was a sale and the ammo crates were out and I increased my stats a lot.

As for gold buildings I have the churches, wedding chapels, rock cafe's, pirate taverns, and gentlemans clubs. When I hit 165 I will get the palms hotel. I won't buy the low level gold buildings, to expensive and do nothing for your IPH. The only gold I spend on finishing upgrades is the 1 free piece you can collect each day. I time all my 12/24/48 upgrades to finish when my collection time is but will usually be off by a few minutes and anytime under 24 minutes is 1 gold so I do use that. Other than that I always wait to completion on upgrades and new buildings.

Overall I like playing the game so I don't mind dropping a couple of bucks here and there on something that i like playing. I have easily wasted more money in one long night of drinking out in Manhattan then i have in the 5 months ive been playing this game and i havent yet woken up with a hangover from crime city lol. Overall i think it's about having fun and making the game more enjoyable for yourself. Now If someone cant afford it and is racking up an actual credit card debt playing this game then that person has serious problems.....

Jtstar7439
09-27-2012, 09:13 AM
I've spent about $200, maybe a little less and I'm at 46k att/56k def. I barely ever get robbed or attacked, but I'm only in the 140s. Once I get up to the shark tank I know that's going to change lol

Come up to level 150, I will happily rob you daily lol. The hoods up here suck.

Daniel2115
09-27-2012, 09:19 AM

Working on it lol. What are your stats like?

isshi
09-27-2012, 09:25 AM

come up to level 200... some peoples stats are off the wall. jtstar, you would get ****d.

vitus79
09-27-2012, 09:30 AM
what i do not get is: if you buy gold during sales, do you get the bonus on the higher amount? even though it costs less than $100. say for instance you buy at the normal price of $100 x 5 = $500 but during sales this could cost in total say about $400. how does that work out aanyone know?

its the vaults of gold counting towards the program, not the price. it works with sale

Jtstar7439
09-27-2012, 10:02 AM
Working on it lol. What are your stats like?

Attack 68k
Defense 58k
IPH 600k

Nothing crazy like the shark tank.

Jtstar7439
09-27-2012, 10:04 AM
come up to level 200... some peoples stats are off the wall. jtstar, you would get ****d.

I know ill get slapped around when I hit the high levels. But all my buildings are synced, i bank all my money and I don't use defensive explosives. So I will happily take all my beatings :p

Polarbear
09-27-2012, 10:11 AM
Jtstar hurry up 10 lvl higher and join me :)

In a war with every clan tag ck, k Kop, ccs, tok and other small ones... Could use a buddy!
My news feed turns around every hour....

You see the plan is: to get as much hate as possible till shark tank, so that your permanently beat up, thus invincible to the Indians :p

Jtstar7439
09-27-2012, 10:23 AM
Jtstar hurry up 10 lvl higher and join me :)

In a war with every clan tag ck, k Kop, ccs, tok and other small ones... Could use a buddy!
My news feed turns around every hour....

You see the plan is: to get as much hate as possible till shark tank, so that your permanently beat up, thus invincible to the Indians :p

Hahahaha awesome plan!! I'm on my way, I've been farming TLC's so I've been leveling rather quick lately. I currently have quite a few groups and individuals who hate me cause I live in there hoods lol.

Burn
09-27-2012, 10:24 AM
Good strategy PBear ;)

Joeycool
09-27-2012, 10:24 AM
Joeycool, i am new to forum. Would you mind telling me how to take and add screenshots?

Thank you,

EE

Just take a screen shot on your device. Then upload the screen grab to a hosting site. I use Tinypics.

Dipstik
09-27-2012, 10:42 AM
Get a good digital camera, point it at your device... profit!

Polarbear
09-27-2012, 10:50 AM
Hahahaha awesome plan!! I'm on my way, I've been farming TLC's so I've been leveling rather quick lately. I currently have quite a few groups and individuals who hate me cause I live in there hoods lol.

Ahh yes non-consumable explosives are essential!

Ck and co. are very good at teaming up.
Ccs take quite a few hits before they get angry ;)
CCB I think died.

It's crazy the minute my beat up timer expires, I get attacks from 3 different people.... That's when you know you're doing something right! (Or just suck...)

Jtstar7439
09-27-2012, 10:57 AM
Ahh yes non-consumable explosives are essential!

Ck and co. are very good at teaming up.
Ccs take quite a few hits before they get angry ;)
CCB I think died.

It's crazy the minute my beat up timer expires, I get attacks from 3 different people.... That's when you know you're doing something right! (Or just suck...)

I say it's doing something right lol. What I may lack in stats against some of the players on here I make up with persistence. I work odd hours so I'm on here at all different times and a lot of times during the middle of the night (New York) time. Pretty much after a day or 2 of robbing every possible building I can they usually give up saying that I apparently don't sleep and moved into there hood lol.

isshi
09-27-2012, 12:59 PM
http://i1075.photobucket.com/albums/w425/trevlinda/7c87b161a5fa526220b2700227c7a7fc_zpsc7c9fd94.jpg

Ramshutu
09-27-2012, 01:24 PM
http://i1075.photobucket.com/albums/w425/trevlinda/7c87b161a5fa526220b2700227c7a7fc_zpsc7c9fd94.jpg

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/199/693/disgusted-mother-of-god.png?1321272571

Jtstar7439
09-27-2012, 03:00 PM

Well your one of those that will put 10-0 on my wall and I won't be able to rob your buildings or do anything about it. :p

Luke 3457
09-27-2012, 03:38 PM
Yeah I'm an Indian so I have the 5 strong ck on my nutz