PDA

View Full Version : Defensive Building Question

SiennaSharpe
09-26-2012, 01:50 PM
Is there a limit to the number of defensive buildings you can place in your hood? I thought I read that in a thread someplace that there was a 50 building limit. I'm trying to determine if a player on my level (110) is legit or if a ticket is in order. He/she has over 90 defensive buildings and, of course, a level ten nightclub.

Sub Zero
09-26-2012, 01:51 PM
Only 50 of each.

SiennaSharpe
09-26-2012, 01:54 PM
So, a player can have 49 of one defensive building, 48 of another kind of defensive building and 48 of yet another?

Sub Zero
09-26-2012, 01:55 PM
Yes.......

Dipstik
09-26-2012, 01:56 PM
If they've got a level 10 nightclub, I'd bet dollars to doughnuts they're a cheater, though.

SiennaSharpe
09-26-2012, 01:58 PM
If they've got a level 10 nightclub, I'd bet dollars to doughnuts they're a cheater, though.

Tough to tell on this one. If so, the player has hidden it pretty well.

Paulio
09-26-2012, 02:25 PM
So, a player can have 49 of one defensive building, 48 of another kind of defensive building and 48 of yet another?

A player can have 50 of each defensive building, space permitting.

i.e. I have 50 gatling turrets and on my way to 50 missile turrets.

sexkitteh
09-26-2012, 02:52 PM
Is there a limit to the number of defensive buildings you can place in your hood? I thought I read that in a thread someplace that there was a 50 building limit. I'm trying to determine if a player on my level (110) is legit or if a ticket is in order. He/she has over 90 defensive buildings and, of course, a level ten nightclub.

What's the rest of his stats look like? With a level 10 NC he/she should also have a load of other level 8-10 high income buildings...

SiennaSharpe
09-26-2012, 03:09 PM
His stats were skewed high on defense because of all the defensive buildings (90 plus) with a bunch being the gold variety and leveled up into the 5/6 range. Had some other high value buildings, but not a trove of them. I've given the player the benefit of the doubt and moved on.

sexkitteh
09-26-2012, 03:10 PM
His stats were skewed high on defense because of all the defensive buildings (90 plus) with a bunch being the gold variety and leveled up into the 5/6 range. Had some other high value buildings, but not a trove of them. I've given the player the benefit of the doubt and moved on.

If he has gold defensive buildings by the truck load - possibly not a cheater... possibly...

Here's the best way to spot a cheater IMO:

1) loads of RP weapons.... per 10k fights = around 200 hl rp items
2) He has loads of level 10 buildings and very little or no gold stuff... ie: LVL10 NC LVL10 Upscales LVL10 Lofts LVL10 MT LVL 10 other stuff
3) LOADS of scratcher 6x items... I'd say if he has more than 10 of the 6x ultimate items ... chances are he's cheating...
4) If his inventory has 500 of every cash vehicle you can purchase...

Khayman
09-26-2012, 03:17 PM
i.e. I have 50 gatling turrets and on my way to 50 missile turrets.

Is this the best combo per pixel? I mean, perhaps in a far future i'll go for the 0 IPH tactic and such this space can be a bit useful.

Paulio
09-26-2012, 03:46 PM
Is this the best combo per pixel? I mean, perhaps in a far future i'll go for the 0 IPH tactic and such this space can be a bit useful.

Yes, I believe it is widely accepted that these are the two best defensive buildings, largely due to the 2x2 footprint.

white frog
09-26-2012, 04:04 PM
Actually, Guided Missile Turrets provide 17 defensive points per square of real estate... the highest of any (of course at level 1... which is the highest level you should have of defense buildings). Missile Turrets offer 10.5 points per square, and Gatling Turrets offer 6.25.

Paulio
09-26-2012, 04:09 PM
Well yes, guided missile turrets are awesome, but I was excluding gold def buildings. Most people aren't gonna shell out 360 gold for one def building

HenryVIII
09-26-2012, 04:14 PM
(of course at level 1... which is the highest level you should have of defense buildings).

You're advocating only lvl 1 defense buildings? Is this because every possible upgrade time should be spent on money building upgrades? Is this a widely accepted and commonly done?

Thanks

white frog
09-26-2012, 04:19 PM
You're advocating only lvl 1 defense buildings? Is this because every possible upgrade time should be spent on money building upgrades? Is this a widely accepted and commonly done?

Thanks
It's because of the mechanics of Defense Buildings. Every upgrade past level 1 only adds 1/2 of the base defense to its Effective Defense.
For example, a level 1 gatling turret has a defense of 25. This will also be the base defense. Upgrading that turret to level 2 will only add 12.5 (1/2 of the base) to your effective defense. The full upgrade will be added to your profile defense, but that is not what is used when being attacked. So, from there, everytime you upgrade that turret, its only going to add 12.5 to the effective defense of that particular building.

Sub Zero
09-26-2012, 04:22 PM
For example, a level 1 gatling turret has a defense of 25. This will also be the base defense. Upgrading that turret to level 2 will only add 12.5 (1/2 of the base) to your effective defense. The full upgrade will be added to your profile defense, but that is not what is used when being attacked. So, from there, everytime you upgrade that turret, its only going to add 12.5 to the effective defense of that particular building.

How come they don't round it up to 13 or down to 12 and just give you half of a defense point?

HenryVIII
09-26-2012, 04:26 PM
Gotcha White Frog, Thank you!

Dr. Dengus
09-26-2012, 11:23 PM
If he has gold defensive buildings by the truck load - possibly not a cheater... possibly...

So someone with a little over 10k fights who has 1,000 each of RPGs, Exceleros, and Full Combat Gear + 500ea Chain Whips, Serrated Blades, and Yamahas probably isn't legit? Lol.

sister morphine
09-27-2012, 04:05 AM

2) He has loads of level 10 buildings and very little or no gold stuff... ie: LVL10 NC LVL10 Upscales LVL10 Lofts LVL10 MT LVL 10 other stuff
3) LOADS of scratcher 6x items... I'd say if he has more than 10 of the 6x ultimate items ... chances are he's cheating...
4) If his inventory has 500 of every cash vehicle you can purchase...
5) if his inventory contains about 500 (or more) chainguns, flame throwers, grenade launchers, machine guns, sniper rifle, semi automatic sniper rifle, katana, blast shield and similar top dollar items.

SevenO9
09-27-2012, 04:19 AM
It's because of the mechanics of Defense Buildings. Every upgrade past level 1 only adds 1/2 of the base defense to its Effective Defense.

White Frog has it 100% right and this is not only common knowledge but also very good advise. However I'd like to add that the upgraded def buildings will still have their full use when defending against robberies. So they do have their use. And even against attacks every upgrade adds something. Its just less then you see.

What I am trying to say: If you have nothing else to upgrade, it won't hurt to upgrade those def builds. Even if its only 1 point, thats better then doing nothing. Of course people that care about there IPH will not be in that situation often. I am doing some def build upgrade whenever my cash is not enough even for the smallest available cash upgrade. But thats a proplem not too many players will run into or only in endgame (in terms of economy).

FoumTroll101
09-27-2012, 04:48 AM
Benn upgradin me defense long time

emcee
09-27-2012, 05:07 AM
Been upgrading defense buildings almost exclusively since June 20th or so. Other than getting upscales to level 3 and some night club upgrades its defense buildings all the way.

Income is overrated once you have a high enough income. At the end of the day those income buildings don't protect much against attacks and robberies even with best cash equips. So why not add a few points to defense every few hours or so vs the same to your economy by upgrading income buildings when you can save for large upgrades like night clubs while beefing up real stats in the meantime. The few hundred or thousand dollar upgrades don't factor much in the grand scheme of things when higher night club upgrades make them pale in comparison.

FoumTroll101
09-27-2012, 05:12 AM
Yes they are great

sexkitteh
09-27-2012, 07:36 AM
So someone with a little over 10k fights who has 1,000 each of RPGs, Exceleros, and Full Combat Gear + 500ea Chain Whips, Serrated Blades, and Yamahas probably isn't legit? Lol.

Well the reason I say 10k yields about 200 of good RP items is because I've seen "lowkey" hackers and they've only awarded themselves like 200 of each RP item and they have like 12k fight and maybe 1k robberies...

Dr. Dengus
09-27-2012, 11:24 AM
Well the reason I say 10k yields about 200 of good RP items is because I've seen "lowkey" hackers and they've only awarded themselves like 200 of each RP item and they have like 12k fight and maybe 1k robberies...

I ran into a player last night that had ~10k fights and 2k robberies, but their respect items were through the roof. You couldn't even tell how many RPGs, Exceleros, or FCGs they had because it just said "x10..." (This morning it changed to x20...). Unsure if that initially meant 1,000, or possibly even 10,000. If it was just 1,000, then they had 3million respect points worth of items, not including their 500+ Chain Whips, Yamahas, Serrated Blades etc. There's not even that many respect points available in the game unless you hit the 6x scratcher 20 or more times lol. Guess it's time to send a ticket ...

Harry Tuttle
09-27-2012, 01:36 PM
White Frog has it 100% right and this is not only common knowledge but also very good advise. However I'd like to add that the upgraded def buildings will still have their full use when defending against robberies. So they do have their use. And even against attacks every upgrade adds something. Its just less then you see.

What I am trying to say: If you have nothing else to upgrade, it won't hurt to upgrade those def builds. Even if its only 1 point, thats better then doing nothing. Of course people that care about there IPH will not be in that situation often. I am doing some def build upgrade whenever my cash is not enough even for the smallest available cash upgrade. But thats a proplem not too many players will run into or only in endgame (in terms of economy).

Isn't it the other way around? ie. Full defense stat when attacked and reduced stat when robbed?

Ramshutu
09-27-2012, 02:18 PM
Isn't it the other way around? ie. Full defense stat when attacked and reduced stat when robbed?

Item stats are halved when robbed, but defence buildings do not get reduced.

OffensivelyNamedGuy
09-27-2012, 02:37 PM
In my experience rob defense is 100% item stats + "Effective" Building Defense. This is the number that shows on the "Rob Results" screen. If the player has no defense buildings, it's the same as profile defense. If he has lots of upgraded defensive buildings, it's a lot less than profile defense.

There is of course Attack Skill, money building defense and the random element to factor in, but I find 9 times out of 10 when my attack is equal or greater than the Rob Results defense, I win. When it is lower, I lose. I remember reading a dev post on this stating what was mentioned by Ram but I have a hard time believing it!

piratehtd
09-27-2012, 03:09 PM
What Ram said is the way it should be. The simple explanation to back it up would be how it's easier to rob someone then to beat them up. You lose a lot more defense from halving all your weap/arm/veh and getting defense building value (robbing) then you lose by having full weap/arm/veh and partial defense building (attack). Now I don't know but camper accts at micro levels with not many items and a bunch of defense buildings will prob be the other way around. Also another factor is if you're playing on Android. From what everyone says those rob results numbers are all skewed. If you are you may not be seeing the true stats.

OffensivelyNamedGuy
09-28-2012, 02:18 PM
Playing on iOS. Talking around the 10k stat mark, might scale differently with higher numbers.

All I know is, if I have 10k attack, and, to simplify the situation, I'm robbing somebody with no defensive buildings and more than 11-12k defense I will consistently lose. Based on those rules I should be able to consistently win against someone with 20k defense. In actuality I will lose every single time against 20k defense.

I never attack so I can't really compare them.