PDA

View Full Version : how do you sustain your army in PvP's? its just not cost effective

jay_usher
09-26-2012, 09:34 AM
even when i attack much smaller players i might lose a sh/ead/bombers or brigade lightning unit or so on, when i have over 10 times his defence for my attack.. so how is it players can manage to get to the special ops ranks and still not be detered and in a matter of plays i can lose thousands of d/a?

helli0n
09-26-2012, 09:35 AM
you could buy a whole army of indestructibles

jay_usher
09-26-2012, 09:43 AM
you could buy a whole army of indestructibles
ha could do and u really think that its cost effective doing that to line the pockets of Gree d?
whats even a bigger con is how the smaller lvls can get 20 indestructibles from a boss even with out using gold and i cant get passed 7 with 50 a/d

helli0n
09-26-2012, 09:58 AM
what i used to do before was lower my ally count by so much that i didnt bring in any non destructible unit, so i never lost any unit. and due to having many gold units its quite hard to not lose anymore fights.

Mad
09-26-2012, 10:07 AM
I have lost a few units in battle, but haven't considered it serious simply because I had developed my base revenues to easily compensate for these losses -- at this point anyway.

However, if the major source of income is PVP, then it is solely a cost and revenue problem. You have to make more money from the battle than the losses you accumulate or you start going backwards.

I don't look at PVP as my ultimate source of revenue, if I get money, it is a nice bonus. But I use it to gain valour, complete goals, find crates/bosses and move my rank up. These are the values I gain from PVP. I will invariably lose units in the process, but I treat it as simply the cost of doing business of MW.

Jhenry02
09-26-2012, 10:23 AM
I have 12 attack points and 50k attack when hitting an opponent 12x at 10-20k defense i lose maybe $1-2 million in units + 4-5000 valor point units.

I am currently switching from valor army to cash and loot army.

jay_usher
09-26-2012, 10:43 AM
many thanks all at my lvl 141 i dont think i have enough indistructible units to lower account maybe to camp and build is the only option.. damn this will take a long time haha

Baraka
09-26-2012, 12:46 PM
There's not a lot you can do. You just have to buy them back.Tip from me. Camp the S**t out of it. Lol.

Ramshutu
09-26-2012, 01:24 PM
Casualty rates were 'fixed' in January. People went from loosing a few units every so often, to massive losses. It basically means you cannot attack without a significant number of indestructible units.

Jhenry02
09-26-2012, 01:47 PM
Jay usher, im a level 141 as well. Get your money buildings up to par legitimate 300k an hour. Start buying b-52's to increase stats, then move up.
Then wait it out for loot items, realize that 2000 50/50 items makes for 100k/100k stats. So stop buying 16/10 stat items, get money, and try looting upper level bosses.

jay_usher
09-26-2012, 03:02 PM
Jay usher, im a level 141 as well. Get your money buildings up to par legitimate 300k an hour. Start buying b-52's to increase stats, then move up.
Then wait it out for loot items, realize that 2000 50/50 items makes for 100k/100k stats. So stop buying 16/10 stat items, get money, and try looting upper level bosses.

There's not a lot you can do. You just have to buy them back.Tip from me. Camp the S**t out of it. Lol.

thanks will have to take these on board and have been doing so shame there isnt a quick fix haha.. i wish i spent the money i have in the past few months at the begining really would have got value for money now things have got so tight with GREEd that there isnt much point pumping money into it.. camping and farming is on route and thanks for all your help people

Jhoemel
09-26-2012, 03:47 PM
Only attack people who has lesser units for their allie level, that would help, some times after 20 attack i only lose 2 flamethrower and 1 commando. Im picking the one I attack closely to do that

ohgreatitsryan
09-26-2012, 11:00 PM
I've been able to use all 40 of my attacks and not lose any units. It all depends on carefully looking through their stats.

Hivesy
09-27-2012, 03:03 AM
yeah JMC talked about this ages ago, I took heed then and it's stood me in good stead ever since. You need to just invest a little more time in researching your potential target than you do currently. There will be a sweet spot for target stats that you can hit with your own stats and not lose any units but you just need to find where it is. Unfortunately it will be a lot lower than you think it will be.

My boosted stats are 84k attack. My sweet spot is approx 15k defense. Over this and I start losing units, under this and I'm OK. You just need to experiment a bit and find your sweet spot.

The pain is that once you've found your sweet spot it will then take longer to be able to pvp as you will spend longer trying to find the right targets, however it is really worth it. I had stopped pvp-ing all together until I did this. Now I do it all the time.

Obviously you need to boost your stats a bit as 50k at level 140 looks low to me however if you do the above there is no reason to stop pvp-ing. In fact you NEED to pvp so you can get valor so you can boost your stats!

PS - you still with us JMC? Not seen you around for ages?

iWar
09-27-2012, 03:58 AM
Only attack players with private rank. In the higher levels, they are mostly deserted bases with less than 1000 units. It's mostly the amount of units that cause you losses, stats don't really matter. If someone has less than 750 units, you will almost never lose a unit. Under 500 units and you definetely won't ever lose units.

Hivesy
09-27-2012, 05:15 AM
Only attack players with private rank. In the higher levels, they are mostly deserted bases with less than 1000 units. It's mostly the amount of units that cause you losses, stats don't really matter. If someone has less than 750 units, you will almost never lose a unit. Under 500 units and you definetely won't ever lose units.

What you say is correct but that's because the amount of units you have directly correlates with your stats. The unit losses are affected by your stats which are in turn affected by amount of allies, number of units etc etc. It's the stats that affect how many of your soldiers fall down dead in the face of enemy fire when you send them over the top.

Mcdoc
09-27-2012, 06:01 AM
Go read Hivesy's thread about your PvP Sweetspot and you will find the exact answer on how to limit if not avoid casualties.