PDA

View Full Version : Unable to rob

PawnXIIX
09-25-2012, 08:40 PM
I tend to be a serial robber, going from one hood to another just trying to steal money from their buildings or steal respect...

But for some reason any time I try to steal more than $15,000 in a single tap the game will crash more often than not. This would be alright if this was the first couple hundred times, but I can barely rob nightclubs because a good 75% of the time it just crashes then I have to look through the rival list. By the time I get back they have collected or somebody else got it. I am literally barely able to rob anything because it just shuts down when I try to collect their mistake.

What's with the game mechanic that just forces my game to shut off when I try to rob anything where 20% of the income is over $15,000? Ergo Upscale Clubs, Credit Agencies, Gentlemans clubs, Nightclubs, ect.

It is literally to the point where I am going to keep a crash tally from now on and report every single one with the expected amount because i'm tired of losing out on this income and RP.

Dipstik
09-25-2012, 08:42 PM
It stopped for me after I got a new iPad. Hope that helps.

PawnXIIX
09-25-2012, 08:49 PM
It stopped for me after I got a new iPad. Hope that helps.

If I got an IPad it'd have a tragic accident...

...off a cliff...

...on fire <.<

Dipstik
09-25-2012, 08:59 PM
Just give it to me. I love my iPad. Crime city doesn't crash :)

PawnXIIX
09-25-2012, 09:03 PM
Just give it to me. I love my iPad. Crime city doesn't crash :)

Naaaah I think I'll just see if it blends.

Dipstik
09-25-2012, 09:11 PM
Well, enjoy your crashes, hater

Ty1on
09-25-2012, 09:21 PM
I'm on an android device, and the times the game has slowed incredibly down for me has to do with collecting money(including robbing). I also have learned I need to exit the game every time I see the the dollars start moving slowing up in the up left of the screen. If it gets too slow, it will crash. But even that has been better lately, but I still keep an eye on it.

**Edit - Should have said based on this, I think it's a memory issue. Close apps, clear cache, etc. and see if that makes it better.

nopenopenope
09-25-2012, 09:34 PM
Of course it's a memory issue. Crashes are subject to what device you have. CC runs great on newer hardware, crap on anything older than ~2 years. Best you can do is wipe your device clean and only install CC or upgrade your dinosaur.

PawnXIIX
09-25-2012, 09:39 PM
My device isn't even a year old yet...How can I minimize these crashes, because i'm ready to submit a bill to support demanding my fake money :p

nopenopenope
09-25-2012, 09:42 PM
My only other suggestion is to evaluate your playstyle. By the look of your stats, you probably peruse the RL looking for victims so you don't fail robs. How many hoods are you visiting before finding a suitable prey? 7? 10 hoods? Your memory could be getting taxed with all the object renderings that CC becomes unstable.

PawnXIIX
09-25-2012, 09:47 PM
My only other suggestion is to evaluate your playstyle. By the look of your stats, you probably peruse the RL looking for victims so you don't fail robs. How many hoods are you visiting before finding a suitable prey? 7? 10 hoods? Your memory could be getting taxed with all the object renderings that CC becomes unstable.

Actually I can rob every person on my rival list...it's just that everyone has such terrible hoods. Now I've gotten to the point where I will only rob building that give me over $7,500 per tap or 10+ RP per tap.

I occasionally fail robs to gold players but hey, that's part of the game ;D

I do run through a lot of hoods though. I try not to keep robbing the same people more than once because then it'd be destroying either their small as it is income (like...$40,000/HR at 135) and maybe their spirit to play the game :(

Most of the people in my rival list are between the mob size of 300 - 480 with a defense that can range anywhere from 12,000 all the way up to 33,000. With my attack closing in on 25,000 it's not much of a concern to lose robberies :p

Ty1on
09-25-2012, 09:56 PM
I'd exit out every now and then and clear you cache (depending on the device you have) and see if that helps. Sounds like you go through a lot of hoods which may be filling your memory before you find the jackpot...

PawnXIIX
09-25-2012, 10:02 PM
Yeah from now on i'll try to quit my app more often. It's just I remember back a while ago when in the update log it said "reduced loading time". I can't remember what the old loading time was, but it feels as if I could sit through the line at the DMV before it loads xD

Just about to attack a guy 10-0 for $300k and it just crashed when I exited his profile

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/001/582/picard-facepalm.jpg?1240934151

Harry Tuttle
09-26-2012, 12:25 AM
I had a crash issue on my droid so I installed a free memory cleaner and that seemed to do the trick for me. I'm using FMR memory cleaner from Google Play.... run it before you launch CC... might help.

PawnXIIX
09-26-2012, 12:36 AM
I had a crash issue on my droid so I installed a free memory cleaner and that seemed to do the trick for me. I'm using FMR memory cleaner from Google Play.... run it before you launch CC... might help.

I'm on IOS though D:

nopenopenope
09-26-2012, 12:48 AM
I'm on IOS though D:A less than 1 year old iOS unit with crashing? What do you have? CC rocks on 2 iPhone4's and an iPad2 for me. Definitely delete some apps or something.

PawnXIIX
09-26-2012, 12:52 AM
A less than 1 year old iOS unit with crashing? What do you have? CC rocks on 2 iPhone4's and an iPad2 for me. Definitely delete some apps or something.

I have a 8GB Ipod and about 2GB is left free right now.

nopenopenope
09-26-2012, 02:08 PM
Since you didn't specify which gen iPod (assuming Touch) you have, I will try to compare the hardware involved so you can discern the differences.

iPod Touch 2nd gen - Samsung 533MHz, 256MB RAM
-no iPod Touch 3rd gen in 8GB-
iPod Touch 4th gen - A4 chip (1GHz), 256MB RAM
iPod Touch 5th gen - A5 chip (1GHz DC), 512MB RAM
iPhone4 - A4 chip, 512MB RAM
iPhone4S - A5 chip, 512MB RAM
iPhone5 - A6 chip (1.2GHz DC), 1GB RAM
iPad1 - A4 chip, 256MB RAM
iPad2 - A5 chip, 512MB RAM
iPad3 - A5x chip (1GHz DC), 1GB RAM

CC was an absolute HORRIBLE experience on my iPad1, which many others here can attest to same. A worse experience would be had on the 2nd Gen iPod Touch, or iPhone3GS, which have inferior hardware to the iPad1.

As you can see, there is no surprise that the experience improves with the amount of RAM installed as models come out. There is no question that the speed of CC on my iPad2 has improved over it's predecessor due to the better CPU, but the sheer amount of hoods I can visit without crashing is beyond tenfold with the doubled RAM which is the limiting factor.

So, which iPod do you have? A simple model number will also suffice.

Steve0
09-26-2012, 04:57 PM
Yes I have so many crashes on my 3GS it getting funny now. It is a memory thing. It craches on other games I have tryed that use a lot of memory that I deleted them. I have 3.6GB left and it crashes about every 15min. Need more RAM.