PDA

View Full Version : Strategy?

deuce
09-25-2012, 07:16 PM
Was thinking that since with all these indestructible units that are given out, to merely drop to enough allies to put these units into play. I would literally have like 10-15 allies, but I would never lose a unit. Plus, if I was attacked, if I revenge attacked, I would stand to lose no units while the person I was attacking would risk their bought units. I would never win the fights, but they could still lose units regardless.

Anyone think this is a good strategy?

tcapi
09-25-2012, 07:20 PM
Santa Maria is on her way! Good, where are we going?

The_Red
09-25-2012, 07:20 PM
you'll eventually be capped @ 330k/upgrade buildings only.... you'll have issues like some of the other folks behind on stats to ever build an army that doesnt get destroyed.

On this note, some of the high level GEM players have all indestructible army's.... just as an observation.

deuce
09-25-2012, 07:26 PM
But, if my army consists entirely of "won" indestructible units ... while I will never win against a dragon army, those dragons can be lost while my dinky indestructible army wont. At this point (level 85) I will never get a BD10 anyways. Time to consider alternative options.

Dr. Dengus
09-25-2012, 07:37 PM
Advantage : Never lose units in battle.

Disadvantages : Won't get far at all in boss events, possibility of being seen by rivals with a lot higher ally count, Can't complete PvP missions because your rivals list is limited to people w/ low ally counts

I'm sure there's more, but no, I don't think that's a good strategy.

Funkey monkey
09-25-2012, 07:43 PM
Even though you might not suffer unit losses, your record will probably not improve.

I guess it depends upon what you want to accomplish. I'm not too concerned with unit losses. You can always try it out and tell us how it works for you.

This thread is old but a really strong player tried dropping allies way down in an experiment. You might want to learn from his experience.
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?36328-Attacked-by-MUCH-higher-level-players-how&p=295652&viewfull=1#post295652

deuce
09-25-2012, 07:44 PM
Just noticed people getting their BD10 at 100+ level. So maybe there is hope for me. But I think I need to start camping, especially now that they seriously weakened PvE. If I had known they would make this change, I would have put more of my skill points into stamina. Thanks for changing the game midstream Gree.

asdfg12345
09-25-2012, 09:20 PM
they lowered the boosted beast stats and increased machine stats randomly too. Now I have to build up my siege shop :(

RandomUser
09-26-2012, 01:51 PM
deuce,

I, and a few other players I've seen, have been able to build BD10 upgrades in the mid 90s. It takes some strategy, good defense, and a dedication to spending lots of time in PvP. Stop PvE, upgrade your lumber mill, build and upgrade manors, amass a bunch of high priests, and make friends with anyone with better stats than you. Of the last 1.7 million gold to get over the top, I got about half from PvP, 40% from collecting buildings, and 10% from PvE.

Most of all, good luck!

Chups
09-26-2012, 02:13 PM
You need to collect massive amount of indestructibles for this strat to be even effective.

Wait a couple more years before making this decision. :D

Lift Ticket
09-26-2012, 02:18 PM
But, if my army consists entirely of "won" indestructible units ... while I will never win against a dragon army, those dragons can be lost while my dinky indestructible army wont. At this point (level 85) I will never get a BD10 anyways. Time to consider alternative options.

Lvl 85 and can't get lvl 10 breeding den, that sucks. I'm at lvl 50 and just started lvl 6 breeding den. I'm not sure what to say to that.

dee17
09-26-2012, 06:11 PM
Or you could just build up your economy so that unit losses don't bother you anymore.

deuce
09-26-2012, 06:28 PM
deuce,

I, and a few other players I've seen, have been able to build BD10 upgrades in the mid 90s. It takes some strategy, good defense, and a dedication to spending lots of time in PvP. Stop PvE, upgrade your lumber mill, build and upgrade manors, amass a bunch of high priests, and make friends with anyone with better stats than you. Of the last 1.7 million gold to get over the top, I got about half from PvP, 40% from collecting buildings, and 10% from PvE.

Most of all, good luck!
Thanks RandomUser,

I have my lumber mill at 7 and have amassed a fair amount of HPs already. Guess I need to go into camp mode, buy HPs like they are going out of style and hunker down for the BD buy. The game is going to get a bit boring for awhile ... I do like to PvE.

Guido69
09-26-2012, 07:19 PM
I started the BD10 run at level 98 and was ready to upgrade just shortly before level 100. I wanted so badly get it done before I hit level 100. I did not stop PvE during the run but stayed on lower maps so that I don't accumulate experience points so quickly. Before I started the run I stacked up on HPs (~600), which brought my defense to over 53k. I also kept my attack high (with 100 basilisks) so that some players with high attack but weak defense might get discouraged. I got probably more than 80% of the money from raids. Sometimes I came across players with unprotected gold (or over the vault limit) but not too often. I managed to get the 1.8 million in 5 days.

tcapi
09-26-2012, 08:38 PM
@Guido69 Bravo! Let us know when your dragons are bred!

Guido69
09-26-2012, 09:22 PM
@Guido69 Bravo! Let us know when your dragons are bred!

I aim to release 20 of them in about 10 hours :)

Hobtuse
09-26-2012, 09:28 PM

Hi I got to BD 10 at level 120. It's tough but possible with the right kingdom and army. Camping not required.

You would need a huge critical mass of indestructible units since you can easily be seen by anyone with 100+ allies more than you.

echus14
09-26-2012, 09:47 PM
I think its a lot to do with what your aim (or aims) are in the game. If you're solely interested in PvE and couldn't care less if people level your Kingdom on a daily (or twice daily) basis ... and some will for the XP, then this route of a small number of indestructible units is feasible. Indeed, one wonders if you even need those if PvE is all one is interested in. Then again, if that is the player's sole interest, there surely must be more interesting games to play than KA.

Dhusagar
09-26-2012, 10:31 PM
deuce,

Most of all, good luck!

I just completed my BD10 I am at level 54

Clay01
09-27-2012, 05:16 AM
I've considered this strategy as well, but thrown it out for the reasons that others have already posted (not being able to do much of anything in boss events, which gives you more indestructible units, falling behind the curve in A/D and never being able to make it up, etc)

but, also as others have pointed out, your personal strategy is based on what you personally enjoy about the game.

myself, I really dont PvP that much, I use the game as a distraction, as I do with all games on my phone. KA is fun to build your kingdom, and I'm all for powergaming/etc sometimes when that's what you want to do, but personally, I just couldnt camp for days or weeks or months for the sole purpose of getting BD to lvl 10, which seems to be the primary goal of a lot of players... and I see the advantage for PvP.

but, for me, I often use PvP more to teach others a lesson... if someone invades me and loses, I will take a look at their stats, and attack them if I feel I will win without losing too many units, to send a message for them not to attack me again. and I sometimes PvP for the stupid quests.

would I like to have BD10? yes, and I will likely try for it at some point

but... considering that gem buyers will pretty much always have an advantage over me (IPH from gold mines/wine makers, gem units from chest purchases, gem units from box event bonuses, gem units from boss event bonuses, etc) even if I had BD10 and had max dragons, I would still be lower strength than the gem buyers no matter what I do...

so, if I collect my major income buildings on time, and dont go over vault, getting attacked yields nothing for the whales, and doesnt impact me outside of maybe a unit loss here and there.

I enjoy the box events to a certain degree, and the boss events as well, and the scratchers... all minor activities that have the chance to give me a cool indestructible unit with better stats that what my army currently has in it... often that means only 1 unit out of the event actually helps me, but it's like way back in teh day when you'd buy 20 packs of baseball cards hoping that just one of them had that rookie card you were looking for...

PvE is sort of mindless sometimes, but occasionally fun when an item drops that I didnt have before...

but PvP irritates me very often, as I get frustrated continually going to kingdom after kingdom looking at their stats or looking for bldgs to raid or overvault, and then sometimes even when I attack a much weaker kingdom, I lose a top unit doing so...

so, to each his own.

but, back on topic, this strat could work in the short term, if you're pumping all of your gold into major upgrades to get ready for BD10... but at some point, you're going to lose basically every PvP battle, and you're not ever going to get BD10 because of that, despite the fact that you're not losing any units in the process. and at some point, you're going to have a ton of gold that you dont know what to do with... you can buy top items for a while to boost your indestructible stats slightly, but you'll max that out soon enough as well.

I suppose you could do it for a while, and start building your army in the background so that when you do increase your ally count, you will already have some decent units...

for argument's sake, let's say that there's been 10 box events, and you've gotten 3 indestructibles from each, and 4 boss events which have gotten you 5 units each (you can increase allies for the boss events and then drop back down after the first day when you max out your kills), plus maybe so far you've gotten 5 units from the scratchers, and another 10 from full clear of 10 maps. that is a total of 65 indestructible units, so you'd have to be at 22 allies to not have non-indestructibles in your army. even with effective 100/100 for each unit, you'd only be at 6500 A/D, which is pretty pathetic for any PvP activities...

OT - what I think an interesting change to the game would be to have 2 PvP zones (or even more) and let players choose which zone they want to play in... perhaps each "arena" or "zone" gives a certain bonus to gold gained to entice the bigger A/D guys to play there...

I think it would also be interesting to see the whole "allies" thing thrown out the window... make one zone based on allies count, and another zone based on total A/D of all units/equip. I think this would be much more interesting for all players, and would introduce perhaps some alternative strategies... and it would put everyone's old units into play again, and would make the indestructible low stat units from boss events actually useful for higher level players. if someone didnt want to risk a BD10 run due to overvault gold, they could instead consider employing the tactic of a mass build of lower stat units. if a player PvE a lot and has a lot of items, they might be able to have similar stats to someone with a more premium build army. using entire army would potentially also add in the meatshield ability again for many players, so that they PvP more since the risk of losing a dragon or another high priced unit would maybe be lowered since units like footmen would be back in play...

but, I digress...

Mervic
09-28-2012, 10:02 PM
@Clay01, Well said. Could not agree more. Im camping atm, and it is boring. Luckily there is this forum to keep me busy, entertained and educated(learned a lot since joining).

Nick-Clark1
09-28-2012, 10:26 PM
Hopefully Emcee will share his thoughts on the "dropping allies" strategy, as he has employed this strategy on all 3 games with success (IMO), although he did do this with tremendous patience and at a very low level when the brackets are more forgiving.

I myself simply do not trust the ally bracketing system on KA and find myself being sometimes targeted by players with twice my ally count (I'm around 50 at Lv.27). They've all been unsuccessful luckily for me, but its the fact that they can see me which is a concern. Im sure this will become worse as I level up. CC seems to be all over the place at the moment with the rivals list, whilst MW seems to be the opposite and is a lot tighter which allows for players to drop allies whilst keeping a level playing field.

But as others have said, it all depends on what your goals are. If you're comfortable with your rivals having a constant advantage over you then dropping allies won't be a problem for you. Just make sure you keep a very tight schedule on your collections and never go over your vault, you'll become somebody else's ATM easily otherwise.

MaverickMunkey
09-28-2012, 10:56 PM
Hopefully Emcee will share his thoughts on the "dropping allies" strategy, as he has employed this strategy on all 3 games with success (IMO), although he did do this with tremendous patience and at a very low level when the brackets are more forgiving.

Not sure if this helps anyone at all but at level 109 with 460 allies I can see levels 107-110 and allies from 500 to 165.

Talkazar
09-28-2012, 11:30 PM
*shrug* he sat for like 5 months on level 14 and just collected money, and built strong units. How many strong gem spenders are likely to sit at level 14 with him?

If you have the patience go for it. That it illustrates the best way to play Funzio games is not to earn xp if at all possible is somewhat wryly amusing.

Nick-Clark1
09-29-2012, 12:06 AM
*shrug* he sat for like 5 months on level 14 and just collected money, and built strong units. How many strong gem spenders are likely to sit at level 14 with him?

If you have the patience go for it. That it illustrates the best way to play Funzio games is not to earn xp if at all possible is somewhat wryly amusing.
Yeah pretty much. Low allies can be done if you're a LLP, but at Lv85 I think it's a really bad idea. It'll be impossible for the OP to save for BD10 with 10-15 allies (without some insane scratchers luck)

emcee
10-04-2012, 04:40 AM

Bracketing appears to work the same for all the games on all my 6 accounts when I was not participating in boss events.
Only exception was when KA was introduced in Canada first and bracketing did not exist whatsoever as there were not as many players in general.

Bracketing comes down to a numbers game. Whatever Gree sets as a threshold for a certain level and as long as there are enough players in that level with X many alliance things should work fine. Generally speaking lower levels have more players vs HL whale territory. As long as you stay in the lower levels, the various brackets within a specific level should hold.
This has worked for low levels and up to level 60s or so before I maxed alliance for boss events in CC. I am pretty confident on my highest level account which happens to be CC Miguel level 73 that if I dropped back to zero alliance things should remain as before.
Case in point at max alliance I was getting failed attacks and/or robberies on average once a day but since dropping to about 2/3 full alliance in the last 11 days its gone down to zero activity. I would guess going down further to zero alliance should effectively place me back in the dead zone.

So other than when Gree's rival list are out of whack and you see players at HLs while you are not in the shark pool, bracketing has held up while at zero bracket alliance for me.

The most important thing to keep in mind for zero or low level alliance bracketing to work is to obviously stop attacking or robbing rivals. You must fall off all news feeds or it defeats the reason why you have low alliance in the first place. You may defeat someone readily at lets say 5 alliance but its easy enough for them to come back with twice or three times your alliance within half a day and chances are change the tide. So to reiterate low to mid alliance bracketing only works with zero activity or no PVP. However, unless you have uber defense and top items it doesn't even matter if a rival increase their alliances 10 fold for instance as you are pretty much untouchable by most players.

Basically no allies works best from experience. I've ventured from zero alliance once my economy has flourished and can afford the best cash equips.
The longest I've gone without any attacks or raids/robberies at zero alliance is probably 9 months or so in MW. In the last month have added 13 alliance members and still the same. By the way, all games are the latest versions as some have thought by not upgrading to the newest version can drop you off of rivals radar.

Eragon
10-04-2012, 05:49 AM
I much prefer MAX allies for my level...at least then no one at my level has any advantage over me as far as bringing more units/weapons/armor into battle. Besides, I would get VERY bored with no PvP...I like to collect from money building from those that are late collecting...so thanks to all those who collect late and donate to my dragon army fund!

Mervic
10-04-2012, 03:19 PM
If I have only indestructible units with decent stats, and I attacked an army of dragons (or purchased units)...I will probably lose everytime. But each time I attack, I will kill a dragon. Eventually, If I have attacked enough times (and lose as many times) that my enemy's defense points lowers because he cannot sustain the losses and unable to bring reinforcements. Would not after so many rounds, I will emerge victorious? What do you guys think?

BTW, post is for mere discussion only. Cheers!

GetItOn
10-04-2012, 04:43 PM
If I have only indestructible units with decent stats, and I attacked an army of dragons (or purchased units)...I will probably lose everytime. But each time I attack, I will kill a dragon. Eventually, If I have attacked enough times (and lose as many times) that my enemy's defense points lowers because he cannot sustain the losses and unable to bring reinforcements. Would not after so many rounds, I will emerge victorious? What do you guys think?

BTW, post is for mere discussion only. Cheers!

Your Attack would still need to be at least 70% of their Defense to inflict any unit losses.

On a side note, if you ever want to lose at least one unit every attack, hit someone's unit or boost buildings regardless of A/D score. LoL

deuce
10-05-2012, 10:18 AM
If you level a boost building does that drop their A/D until it is repaired?

John Snow
10-05-2012, 10:32 AM
Your Attack would still need to be at least 70% of their Defense to inflict any unit losses.

On a side note, if you ever want to lose at least one unit every attack, hit someone's unit or boost buildings regardless of A/D score. LoL

This makes me angry just thinking about how many times I've done this by accident. Grrr.

echus14
10-05-2012, 10:35 AM
I heard not immediately, but have not seen anyone actually having tested this out.

deuce
10-05-2012, 08:41 PM
Lumber mill to 9 and BD to level 6. Going to try a run at BD10!

GetItOn
10-06-2012, 02:21 AM
This makes me angry just thinking about how many times I've done this by accident. Grrr.

LoL. Yeah it sucks. I've never done it accidentally but it makes taking out someone's water temple and boosts a PITA.

GetItOn
10-06-2012, 02:23 AM
If you level a boost building does that drop their A/D until it is repaired?

Yep it sure does.

sparckle
10-06-2012, 04:11 AM
Was thinking that since with all these indestructible units that are given out, to merely drop to enough allies to put these units into play. I would literally have like 10-15 allies, but I would never lose a unit. Plus, if I was attacked, if I revenge attacked, I would stand to lose no units while the person I was attacking would risk their bought units. I would never win the fights, but they could still lose units regardless.

Anyone think this is a good strategy?

An analogy would be to sell all your income buildings so you never get raided. Or never hold any gold above the vault limit so you never lose gold to attacks.

You'll never 'lose' anything, only because you possess nothing. And surely you won't be getting anywhere. If it makes you feel better this way, then you should continue to wallow in this false comfort. So I must say this is an excellent strategy.