PDA

View Full Version : Bear Testing

Crime City Mark
09-25-2012, 04:40 PM
Hey all,

Remember when I mentioned I'd test the ground unit bonus thing? So I did some testing, and found it did not work on epic bosses like it was supposed to. I sent my findings to the PM and Engineering team, and they're fixing it.

imscrewed?
09-25-2012, 05:00 PM
Fantastic if they really fix it. Any chance the our Attack/Defense stats will reflect the bonus once it is fixed? The whole invisible/behind the scene bonus makes me wonder if it will ever really work properly.

Crime City Mark
09-25-2012, 05:05 PM
Fantastic if they really fix it. Any chance the our Attack/Defense stats will reflect the bonus once it is fixed? The whole invisible/behind the scene bonus makes me wonder if it will ever really work properly.

Probably not, honestly. I'm trying to put together a PVP test for this, but it's going to take me some more time and I'm going to have to do hundreds of attacks to get relevant data.

Bob_55
09-25-2012, 05:13 PM
And when the bear boost will worked because I can't defeated boss 9 and my att are 60,000 +, so since june I lost a lot of indestructible units you know

imscrewed?
09-25-2012, 05:25 PM
Mark, thank you for your honestly. I think it is BS that developers aren't capable to have the bonus reflect in our Attack/Defense stats. They were able to get other bonuses work correctly. Its all very confusing.

One other question during Boss events, do you think we will see the bonus reflected by seeing increased stats from Free/Cash hits? It has been pretty well established that Free/Cash hits are % of our unboosted raw attack. That seems to be the only way for us to tell whether the bonus is really working or not.

Fl@sh
09-25-2012, 05:58 PM
What really is supposed to work on the boss events?

Poopenshire
09-25-2012, 06:09 PM
Www that would really affect my attack scores on tha boss. My score has my raw unboosted stats since the beginning. If I had a boost from the bear I would have a seriously different amount of boss wins and a few more units.

Mad
09-25-2012, 06:43 PM
Www that would really affect my attack scores on tha boss. My score has my raw unboosted stats since the beginning. If I had a boost from the bear I would have a seriously different amount of boss wins and a few more units.

I didn't think the boosts applied to Boss events, I thought they just used your raw score in calculating your attack against the boss. I few guys mentioned the naval, ground, air boosts etc did not impact your attack against the boss.

bushobama
09-25-2012, 09:16 PM
I didn't think the boosts applied to Boss events, I thought they just used your raw score in calculating your attack against the boss. I few guys mentioned the naval, ground, air boosts etc did not impact your attack against the boss.
that is correct.. I was only able to beat 10 bosses using cash hits, that was after adding literally 100 allies and increasing my attack score by 5k.. this game is kinda yawn anymore.

bushobama
09-25-2012, 09:17 PM
Where's all the new content btw CCM ? The auction events?

Ranger4Life
09-25-2012, 09:27 PM
Thanks CCM for looking into this.

There are several bugs in regards to the boss attacks. I have three different devices I play and have not found any standard way of calculating the attack dealt for any of my accounts.

I really think that there should be beta testers that record all of their data on events like this, and then send it in to the devs for review. OR give out the algorithms to a few trusted beta testers so that they can test and send detailed feedback. There are several players in the forums that would be great at this. (Not me!)

Ferr
09-26-2012, 01:50 AM
Hey all,

Remember when I mentioned I'd test the ground unit bonus thing? So I did some testing, and found it did not work on epic bosses like it was supposed to. I sent my findings to the PM and Engineering team, and they're fixing it.
Ty ccm. As you know i have tested this on all previous boss events with the same result. At that time you explained to me that this was not part of your work and that you do this testing in private time. Again, I tell you if that is still the case then this is not a structural solution to serious bugs reported. You can not test all bugs yourselves in private although it is a noble act. So, next to report this to the responsible persons in you organisation, do you also file a report on why these responsible persons have not been solving this problem say about a month ago? By the way, do you think that the ground boost work in all other circumstances? i can guarantee you, it does not, but i wont ask you to test this in private.

Tctiger
09-26-2012, 04:12 AM
I don't think any of my boosts are working for boss event and it is too little too late as I'm nearly at level 100 where the boss goes silly hard ! How many more bosses could I have beat with boost ? Really need that to show in profile stats or I will be attacking blind which puts me off buying ground units and attacking anyone around my stats which makes the boost pointless. At least you are doing something now I guess , hope you can at least make it show in profile stats and maybe look at the boss after level 100 .

Miner
09-26-2012, 06:03 AM
CCM - Thanks so much for doing this and proving what we've all been suggesting.

Now, I have a feeling I know where this will lead. Make sure the devs don't take this as another reason to adjust the strength of the boss accordingly. I can see it now. They'll take the boost into effect and then they'll boost the boss's health by 30%!

Populouspapa
09-26-2012, 06:23 AM
I got all excited until I noticed it Said "bear testing" and not "beer tasting"...

overkill 280
09-26-2012, 06:56 AM
Hey all,

Remember when I mentioned I'd test the ground unit bonus thing? So I did some testing, and found it did not work on epic bosses like it was supposed to. I sent my findings to the PM and Engineering team, and they're fixing it.Thanks for looking into this CCM. But without the boost being visible in our stats, how would we ever know if it is even there for us?

Crime City Mark
09-26-2012, 04:27 PM
I've spoken to the design and engineering teams multiple times about making stats visible. The main issue right now is how stats interact with bosses, and we have people working to fix that.

Fl@sh
09-26-2012, 04:30 PM
I've spoken to the design and engineering teams multiple times about making stats visible. The main issue right now is how stats interact with bosses, and we have people working to fix that.
Perhaps if they were visible...😁

Blackstone
09-26-2012, 05:23 PM
I don't think any of my boosts are working for boss event and it is too little too late as I'm nearly at level 100 where the boss goes silly hard ! How many more bosses could I have beat with boost ? Really need that to show in profile stats or I will be attacking blind which puts me off buying ground units and attacking anyone around my stats which makes the boost pointless. At least you are doing something now I guess , hope you can at least make it show in profile stats and maybe look at the boss after level 100 .

Game pretty much ends at level 100 as its boring as heck up here. Boss events last a day and your done if you don't use gold so there's not much else to do.

albeezy
10-01-2012, 08:54 PM
So, I'm curious. CCMark, you seem to keep emphasizing how the boost works for boss events. Is the 20% more attack from gound units for the Assault Bear and the 20% more attack from air units from the Guerilla Striker only for boss events and that is why it is invisible? That would explain why Ranger4life did not notice a decrease in battle points when he received the Guerilla Striker and attacked some test rivals.

If that is the case then so be it. Only problem I see with that is that the unit says 20% more attack from Air Units, not 20% more attack from Air Units on Boss events.

So I guess the only real question that needs to be asked is which bonus is it? 20% more attack from ground/air units ON BOSS EVENTS or 20% more attack from ground/air units

If it is the latter, then just tell the developers to copy the code from the composites factory, switch it to attack instead of defense, associated it with air or ground units respectively, and treat it as a constant (i.e., hardcoded) level 10 composites factory that affects the attack power of ground or air units. If the composites works on just defense, I do not see what the big deal with making it visible is. But since you are talking about boss events I am just speculating that this is a tremendous miscommunication from Gree that the boost was strictly intended for boss events, but advertised as a bonus for PVP style play.

Dr. Dengus
10-01-2012, 09:11 PM
Too bad these boosts are only for attack (Bear & Striker). Or else an easy fix (in my mind at least) would be to tack on a 20/30% boost to the respective boost building for players who have one or both of these in their inventory. Maybe not though, because that would just make the stats visible in your profile, and not necessarily reflected on dmg dealt to bosses ...

albeezy
10-01-2012, 09:15 PM
To further illustrate the difference between the assault bear and the guerilla striker as advertised and other event units compare these pictures:
http://i49.tinypic.com/2cp7vo6.png

http://i1175.photobucket.com/albums/r640/vitus79/e1c1f44c.jpg

This was the best picture I could find of the assault bridge jumper event. If you look closely you will see that it says generate health 20% faster. The only thing in the game that uses health was the boss events, so this item was clearly advertised as a boost to assist with boss events, whereas the other splash screen says 20% more attack from air units.

There is no way to clearly discern that this was meant exclusively for the boss events and if it was intended to be exclusively for boss events (as the bear may be also), this is another example of a seriously bad use of the english language on the part of Gree and the development team. If it was meant exclusivley for boss events, it should have read 20% more damage to bosses from air units

Can't wait for clarification of all of this mess

EDIT: I must admit that the more I think about this after the fact (or at least after CCMark started talking about boss events) it makes sense to me now. The reason the bear and g-striker only boost attack is because they were intended to only boost the damage to bosses, not PVP attacking. This explains why the boost is not visible. While it makes sense to me now, I still think that it was misleading because everyone thought it said 20% more attack (for your attack score). Up until this thread was created, we only knew that boss damage was based on the stats of the units in your inventory and NOT ON BOOSTS.

Selfproclaimed
10-01-2012, 09:18 PM
Still want my gold back, haven't gotten a resolution on it yet.

Paddy89
10-02-2012, 01:10 AM
Why is it such a secret? Why can't someone just give us some clarification?

mickymacirl
10-02-2012, 02:15 AM
What the hell? The Boosts for these units are only for the boss??!!! This is completely and utter false advertising if this is the case.

albeezy
10-02-2012, 05:50 AM
What the hell? The Boosts for these units are only for the boss??!!! This is completely and utter false advertising if this is the case.

I am suspecting that is the case but CCMark will have to be the one tonconfrm

Thief
10-02-2012, 08:29 AM
I am suspecting that is the case but CCMark will have to be the one tonconfrm

Were the Boss Events even out when the Assult Bear came out? I don't have the Bear but i feel like the Bear came out before the Boss events (but again i could be wrong)

If that is the case then 20% more attack would have to assume to be towards PVP in which case the same wording for all units would fall under the same assumption.

albeezy
10-02-2012, 08:47 AM
Were the Boss Events even out when the Assult Bear came out? I don't have the Bear but i feel like the Bear came out before the Boss events (but again i could be wrong)

If that is the case then 20% more attack would have to assume to be towards PVP in which case the same wording for all units would fall under the same assumption.
Looks like the bear was from the crate event that started on 6/14 and the first boss event was on 6/28? May be wrong about that though.

Fl@sh
10-02-2012, 09:42 AM
If this was the case, don't you think the support team would have let us know earlier instead of the bs response they give? I am ass-u-me(ing) the boost is for PvP and boss events.

albeezy
10-02-2012, 09:49 AM
If this was the case, don't you think the support team would have let us know earlier instead of the bs response they give? I am ass-u-me(ing) the boost is for PvP and boss events.

HAHA I think you are giving Gree too much credit Fl@sh. Communication seems to be the biggest issue with Gree whether it is communication between Gree and the players, such as during the CC 1 year anniversary event where absolutely no communication was provided as to the criteria that determined how to qualify for eny of the four different prizes or whether it is between GREE internally, such as during the auction events when support said there was no 1st place prize despite it being on the splash screen.

To assume that support knows anything about the actual mechanics of the game as we the players see it and how it is presented to us seems a little too generous given the long history of miscommunications and lack of communication we have seen and experienced here

Crime City Mark
10-02-2012, 01:04 PM
So, I only tested how the unit interacts with bosses for now. I haven't tested how it interacts in PVP, because that is a much more complicated test. As soon as I have time to actually build a solid test case and try it out, I will.

albeezy
10-02-2012, 01:08 PM
So, I only tested how the unit interacts with bosses for now. I haven't tested how it interacts in PVP, because that is a much more complicated test. As soon as I have time to actually build a solid test case and try it out, I will.

I'm pretty sure Ranger4life's test would work. He attacked a rival before and after having the Guerilla Striker and looked at how many battle points he received. It was the same. In otherwords, he should have received less battlepoints after getting the Striker because his stats should have jumped relative to the rival. He then confirmed this by attacking the same rival a third time after adding 2500 to his attack by adding allies. After doing this his battlepoints received were less.

My question was more directed to what the boost is. Was it intended for bosses only or bosses and PVP

Crime City Mark
10-02-2012, 01:13 PM
I'm pretty sure Ranger4life's test would work. He attacked a rival before and after having the Guerilla Striker and looked at how many battle points he received. It was the same. In otherwords, he should have received less battlepoints after getting the Striker because his stats should have jumped relative to the rival. He then confirmed this by attacking the same rival a third time after adding 2500 to his attack by adding allies. After doing this his battlepoints received were less.

My question was more directed to what the boost is. Was it intended for bosses only or bosses and PVP

The bonuses are for both bosses and PVP. I simply used the boss as a test because it's an easier test case due to less randomness and only needing 1 test account.

albeezy
10-02-2012, 01:14 PM
The bonuses are for both bosses and PVP. I simply used the boss as a test because it's an easier test case due to less randomness and only needing 1 test account.

Okay, thanks for confirming that!

Fl@sh
10-02-2012, 02:37 PM
I don't want to feel left out, so how about the latest two boost units? Can we confirm that these will need to be corrected as well?