PDA

View Full Version : Clan tags in your name...

Lonestoner
09-25-2012, 12:38 PM
How do people get clan tags in their names? I know the CK crew has a bunch of players with them, but that's the only ones I've seen personally. Now I know people aren't restarting just to have a tag, so, what gives?

I'm assuming it could be a couple of things:

A. Brown-nosing support to try to get them to change your name for you.

B. Buying gold to further influence the possibility of "A."

C. Some game mechanic I haven't even unlocked since I'm under level 100.

(I searched the forum and, well, if you've searched for broad terms like "change in-game name" before, you know how that turns out.)

nopenopenope
09-25-2012, 12:41 PM
Simply submit a ticket to support. No brown-nosing needed.

Khayman
09-25-2012, 12:43 PM
Can you change my name to (CK)- Khayman ?

My code is 948 623 552 and my actually name is Khayman.

Thanks in advance
---

Hello Alberto,

Thanks for your email. Per your request I have changed your in-game name to: (CK)- Khayman

Regards,

Mike

Deluxe
09-25-2012, 01:03 PM
Can you change my name to (CK)- Khayman ?

My code is 948 623 552 and my actually name is Khayman.

Thanks in advance
---

Hello Alberto,

Thanks for your email. Per your request I have changed your in-game name to: (CK)- Khayman

Regards,

Mike

Alberto v05 makes great hair product

Lonestoner
09-25-2012, 01:13 PM
Wow, they sure don't consider how much time this wastes of theirs where they could actually be fixing / porting / implementing things..

Thanks for the info! I'm going to have to use it eventually..

Paulio
09-25-2012, 01:16 PM
This guy seems bitter

MerlinBlack
09-25-2012, 01:25 PM
Wow, they sure don't consider how much time this wastes of theirs where they could actually be fixing / porting / implementing things..

Thanks for the info! I'm going to have to use it eventually..
You do realize that the people tasked with menial tickets (refunding gold, renaming accounts, restoring accidentally-sold buildings, etc.) aren't the same people actually coding the game, right?
Did you know that when you call Microsoft tech support, Steve Ballmer doesn't rush out of a developer/product meeting to get updates on your excel issue?
Them renaming an account doesn't take away from developer time. People hacking the game, on the other hand, does.

Lonestoner
09-25-2012, 01:39 PM
This guy seems bitter

More disappointed than anything.. Game has such potential, just needs a bit of extra work it seems like. The fact that they won't assist with gold problems also frustrates the hell out of me, considering the other companies (aarki and tapjoy) have done everything they can to assist. They even have emailed funzio and gotten no resolution themselves. Not bitter though... Yet. :p

You do realize that the people tasked with menial tickets (refunding gold, renaming accounts, restoring accidentally-sold buildings, etc.) aren't the same people actually coding the game, right?
Did you know that when you call Microsoft tech support, Steve Ballmer doesn't rush out of a developer/product meeting to get updates on your excel issue?
Them renaming an account doesn't take away from developer time. People hacking the game, on the other hand, does.

Maybe I specified a bit too much; they're just wasting time in general. The people doing these trivial tasks would still be able to work more efficiently if they didn't have to respond to these types of tickets. All the other issues you listed should be prioritized above changing people's names by request, in my opinion.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm going to use it eventually so I'm not against it, it just doesn't seem like the best business decision considering how understaffed they seem in every "department".

KemoKidd
09-25-2012, 02:16 PM
If you read the in game "faq" they tell you that if you want to change your name to simply send a ticket.

BurningHypocrite
09-25-2012, 02:42 PM
Change your name to I'm a CK noobfag