PDA

View Full Version : Gold to spend..

PC77
09-25-2012, 08:55 AM
Hey lads, just purchased gold for 1st time. Got a very nice iph boost with the 2 rock cafes and gent clubs.

Not sure what to spend the rest on, crates, scratchers or anything else. Any suggestions??

Cheers PC

Polarbear
09-25-2012, 09:01 AM
Hey lads, just purchased gold for 1st time. Got a very nice iph boost with the 2 rock cafes and gent clubs.

Not sure what to spend the rest on, crates, scratchers or anything else. Any suggestions??

Cheers PC

Do you expect to spend more money?

If so, crates.
If not, palms? taverns? churches?

PC77
09-25-2012, 09:16 AM
Probably will spend a little more. All of my buildings are 12 and 24hr so won't be getting any gold building that doesn't fit. Will get the palms but got a few levels to go yet for them to open. Thanks for the input polar.

Deluxe
09-25-2012, 09:40 AM
Crates but these suck

Or hold out for boss events...i get level 23-24 free myself and will supplement another 5-6 rounds w gold and each of the last 2 events i have garnered 3 more rares and 2-3 more uncommons on that last little push which may run me...3-400 gold (impatient to let health refill)

Paulio
09-25-2012, 09:44 AM
^ What he said. Wait for better crates, but those will give you the most bang for your buck

PC77
09-25-2012, 10:01 AM
I do struggle with boss events. More often than not, I only get to 15 or 16, then it gets almost impossible for me.

My stats being just 28k att/29k def probably don't help.

I'm chuffed to finally have the cafes and gents clubs, boosted my iph by over 40k almost at once.

Tried a couple of crates, managed to get 1 rare item, rest was just junk really.

Cheers lads

kitzune
09-25-2012, 10:10 AM
Crates but these suck

Or hold out for boss events...i get level 23-24 free myself and will supplement another 5-6 rounds w gold and each of the last 2 events i have garnered 3 more rares and 2-3 more uncommons on that last little push which may run me...3-400 gold (impatient to let health refill)

so for crate items/gold bought items what would constitute good items? for those of us who have been here for a couple of months or less we have no reference to how things usedto be or how good they were before we started.

PC77
09-25-2012, 10:17 AM
Not an expert on crates by any stretch, but I'd say for the stats of 3 combined crates, you'd struggle to get any gold weapon for same output of gold. Might be wrong with that opinion though..

Deluxe
09-25-2012, 10:26 AM
Crates are good but you either have to get real lucky and get good proportion of rares/uncommons OR you have to buy in volume such that the advertised drop rates have much higher potential/capacity to play out accurately. These current crates are, i believe i read, second lowest stat avg of any crates to date. Also, 2 crate releases ago, they had the ammo crates where the stats were amazing, i got a 1.5-2.0 return on stat-to-gold ratio where i usually get a return of 0.6-0.8 stat-to-gold return. My stats are over 100k so now commons are nearly pointless to me but at 30k i think you said then commons will still help you a fair amount.
Boss events are a bit of a crapshoot but farther you go, the better the drops get. I get thru my early gold rounds on 10, 30, 50 gold as i progress and even a common (boss commons are far better than crate commons) is a decent return against 10-50 gold.

Deluxe
09-25-2012, 10:27 AM
Not an expert on crates by any stretch, but I'd say for the stats of 3 combined crates, you'd struggle to get any gold weapon for same output of gold. Might be wrong with that opinion though..

Non-crate gold items are not sensible unless you covet a specific item or your stats are so high that you only gain stats on rare crate items. So then buying single, specific items might make sense, otherwise, crates blow that approach away usually.

Dipstik
09-25-2012, 10:39 AM
Buy henchmen to defend your hood. They fear neither death nor pain. Best investment in the game IMO.

Strawberry Cough
09-25-2012, 10:57 AM
Non-crate gold items are not sensible unless you covet a specific item or your stats are so high that you only gain stats on rare crate items. So then buying single, specific items might make sense, otherwise, crates blow that approach away usually.

I only buy the explosives because I am an explosive whore. lol.

Buy crates, just not these current ones. They are horrible. If you look at the commons, they are barely better than the respect items you can get. Check the forums, when good crates come out you will know.

SevenO9
09-25-2012, 10:58 AM
1.) If poster = Dipstick and message contains 'henchmen' ignore post
2.) Actually scratch the henchmen part in 1.)
3.) Crates, crates and then crates. But skip the current. Cash buildings will give you, well, more cash. Which is getting less and less important with farmable non-consumable explosives. Stay clear of the gold items / LE items until your stats are really high

Dipstik
09-25-2012, 11:00 AM
Why does everyone hate on the henchmen? Henchmen love you without question!

Olly1
09-25-2012, 11:23 AM

Hmm I don't think that's true. I hear Poppalene bought a load of them but even they disappeared over night.

Strawberry's post is also my recommendation

kitzune
09-25-2012, 11:26 AM

because if you need to drop them you can't like you can the other people. Also to get the henchmen back you need to pay more gold for something that is free......

3.) Crates, crates and then crates. But skip the current. Cash buildings will give you, well, more cash. Which is getting less and less important with farmable non-consumable explosives. Stay clear of the gold items / LE items until your stats are really high

What is considered high stats? Also will not gold/crate items increase your stats more then PVP or loot items?

sexkitteh
09-25-2012, 11:27 AM
@OP

When buying gold I think it's best to take a look at what you are trying to accomplish and where you are trying to get in game... your stats aren't the hottest on the block... and it's going to take a fair amount of gold to make yourself a demigod...

Soooooo what is your objective? If you like the simcity aspect of the game - then gold buildings are wonderful...

If you are trying to be a bigger than average player - you are about 1000 bucks away...

So how much are you willing to invest in this game?

Deluxe
09-25-2012, 11:37 AM
I only buy the explosives because I am an explosive whore. lol.

Buy crates, just not these current ones. They are horrible. If you look at the commons, they are barely better than the respect items you can get. Check the forums, when good crates come out you will know.

Me too :) i grab like 5 at a time of each diff gold explosive!

Deluxe
09-25-2012, 11:38 AM
because if you need to drop them you can't like you can the other people. Also to get the henchmen back you need to pay more gold for something that is free......

What is considered high stats? Also will not gold/crate items increase your stats more then PVP or loot items?

Yes gold items are a million times better than pvp loot items...

sexkitteh
09-25-2012, 11:48 AM

well lets look at the common crate items currently:

Armor 14/34 Vengeance Pistol 25/24 Blade 30/17

Rocket launchers have better attack: 36
Chain Whips have defense: 19
Full Combat Gear has better attack: 17

So yes - crate items are good...

If you spend about $2000 you will have technically a "gold" army...

PC77
09-25-2012, 11:49 AM
@Sexkitteh

I only realised way too late that I levelled up a lot quicker than I should have. Hence why my stats are pretty poor, which I'm not happy about. I still find lots of players to beat at my level but I do know I'm in a pickle when I reach the infamous shark tank.

Only came across the forum bout 4 months ago, which is why I've slowed down considerably.

Have seen a far few players had their games reset, yet when I enquired bout it, they just said no. Strange

sexkitteh
09-25-2012, 11:52 AM
@Sexkitteh

I only realised way too late that I levelled up a lot quicker than I should have. Hence why my stats are pretty poor, which I'm not happy about. I still find lots of players to beat at my level but I do know I'm in a pickle when I reach the infamous shark tank.

Only came across the forum bout 4 months ago, which is why I've slowed down considerably.

Have seen a far few players had their games reset, yet when I enquired bout it, they just said no. Strange

Yes - when I found the forum I reset my game. To reset you have to transfer the game somehow... many options available.

What size is your mob?

Consider NOT doing any more missions and drop down to like 100 mob or something and just save your cash and buy the best cash items available to you... and then only PVP and spend your RP as needed...

When you hit level 200 you can budget real cash and spend it on gold where and however needed to boost your stats..

As you get better add more mafia

PC77
09-25-2012, 11:56 AM
Also theres no way I'll spend 1000 bucks on this game, no matter how addicted I've gotten to it. Now that I've started with gold, I've a limit of 500 bucks that I'll spend over a period of time.

That amount should still considerably help my stats some bit at least but how do I go about it? From what I make out, crates seem to be the way forward, but do they really boost stats that much??

Btw my mob is currently 529

sexkitteh
09-25-2012, 12:07 PM
Also theres no way I'll spend 1000 bucks on this game, no matter how addicted I've gotten to it. Now that I've started with gold, I've a limit of 500 bucks that I'll spend over a period of time.

That amount should still considerably help my stats some bit at least but how do I go about it? From what I make out, crates seem to be the way forward, but do they really boost stats that much??

Btw my mob is currently 529

Yep - with 500 bucks think about it = 7500 gold = 42 crates (of 3)

Take the the average weapon (right now the pistol) = 126x 25/25 to round it up

= a boost of at THE VERY LEAST 3150 A/D

If you really look at the odds - you will probably be in the 6-8k boost.

If you bought 50 Hellfire Missiles - you will see an increase of: 4250Attack and 2000Def

More if you waited for a gold sale...

It really does put into perspective what people with 100k stats have spent lol

PC77
09-25-2012, 12:17 PM
Most definitely, I'm always stunned when I see some of the figures banded about..

1 last thing pal, upgrade to goodfella or not??

sexkitteh
09-25-2012, 12:17 PM
Most definitely, I'm always stunned when I see some of the figures banded about..

1 last thing pal, upgrade to goodfella or not??

What's your current status?

If you are Tycoon... It's up to you - but you have the best class...

Depends also how much energy you have and how much you use it...

Personally do what I'm doing - wait till you are level 200 and figure it out then...

As for stamina - I have loads of it so I don't really see a benefit in it filling up any faster...

PC77
09-25-2012, 12:20 PM
Agent, not sure what that does for me to be honest.

sexkitteh
09-25-2012, 12:23 PM
Agent, not sure what that does for me to be honest.

I think that's the stamina one... yeah it would be worth for you to upgrade... your income buildings will generate more money for you... money will be important for you when you start feeding your explosive supplies...

Unless you can manage to get 500 non consumable explosives...

Also - drop your mafia to 499! or less...

PC77
09-25-2012, 12:29 PM
Have almost always been over 500. Not long ago, when I hadn't played for a few days, got dropped by a few lads, happened to bring me down to 499, and I was destroyed from all angles for a couple of days.

That's why I'm always over 500 now.

Thanks for all the advice pal, much appreciated. Cheers to everyone else also

sexkitteh
09-25-2012, 12:31 PM
Have almost always been over 500. Not long ago, when I hadn't played for a few days, got dropped by a few lads, happened to bring me down to 499, and I was destroyed from all angles for a couple of days.

That's why I'm always over 500 now.

Thanks for all the advice pal, much appreciated. Cheers to everyone else also

LMFAO! I guess rat catching can have an affect on some :rolleyes:

And no problem! I hope my advice was ok lol... some disagree with my POV's...

PC77
09-25-2012, 12:37 PM
Am I right not to believe your stats in your sig? Sexkitteh that is..

sexkitteh
09-25-2012, 01:04 PM
Am I right not to believe your stats in your sig? Sexkitteh that is..

May - or - May Not be accurate ;)

PC77
09-25-2012, 01:26 PM
Lol, that's the answer I was expecting. Take care pal