PDA

View Full Version : The football thread

Pages : [1] 2

Ragmondino
09-24-2012, 04:43 AM
Right to stop the de railing of other threads I've gone and started this.

three rules before we start;
1 - There is no debate over whether its football or soccer. It's my thread so I win. It's football.
2 - West ham are the greatest team the world has ever known.
3 - if you don't support a team, or want to be educated in football. You now support west ham

Dr BoneCrusher
09-24-2012, 04:59 AM
E A G L E S.... Even though we lost

(MS13)TURKISHTIGER
09-24-2012, 05:02 AM
besiktas all the way

Ragmondino
09-24-2012, 05:21 AM
Prefer besiktas to galatasaray.
Palace, not to keen. But at least it's not millwall. Gonna struggle this year I think.
All the Indians are now west ham fans. Confirmed by Burn. And I've recruited Chester, wether she likes it or not and teach as well.
Teach if you want a west ham shirt, pm me some details and ill try to sort getting one sent over to you.

Bea
09-24-2012, 05:23 AM
Up the arse!

Dipstik
09-24-2012, 05:24 AM

1 - There is no debate over whether its football or soccer. It's my thread so I win. It's football.

Finally a thread about real football. Packers by nine tonight. Seahawks should be starting Matt Flynn... Thoughts?

Thanks, rag... Soccer sucks!

Edit: bone... Wtf is going on with the eagles anyway? I haven't seen any games yet, but it looks like they're imploding.

Coldjoey
09-24-2012, 05:25 AM
Great thread, your soo right if you no nothing about football you think Westham are the best team ever.
If you know your Football you will surport The Arsenal
Gooner till I die

Ragmondino
09-24-2012, 05:38 AM
Up the arse!

Your my new favourite!!

Dippy this is a no trolling thread. Otherwise I'm gonna call you out as Joaquim. Though American football jerseys are better than real football shirts.
Coldj, that's blasphemous talk right there. A few wins doth not maketh a team. Ls arse will be lucky for top 4 this year. I think Podolski will have a good year, his in my dream team with cazorla, who IMHO is a better player than cesc ever was. But not on silvas or mark nobles level.

Deluxe
09-24-2012, 05:38 AM

2 - West ham are the greatest team the world has ever known.
3 - if you don't support a team, or want to be educated in football. You now support west ham

Im glad you call it by its proper name, and im american!
Are you angry at me for liking man u due to the influence of my english coach thru high school/club football i played...? I also like tottenham and arsenal are/were a blast to watch as wenger has a great system in place.

Ragmondino
09-24-2012, 05:44 AM
I'm not angry but you have been so misled. Manchester United, spurs and arsenal!! Such Unpassionate fans who have no real football knowledge and has delusions of grandeur. We hammers fans are passionate and vocal, some of the loudest and best around. Even had countless films made about our exploits. Although in honesty most are garbage and nowhere near the truth. You support an American team? You got some good players, won't be long before the us start making a huge impact on the world level.

Bea
09-24-2012, 05:48 AM
My great grandad played for The Woolwich Arsenal. Actually I've never seen Arsenal play, having only been to 3 football matches. My aunty works at Watford, so I've seen them get beaten twice (once by Liverpool at Vicarage Rd and once by Everton in the FA Cup final at Wembley). The other match was also Wembley, P'boro beat Stockport in the playoff to move from 4th to 1st division in 2 seasons.

boardgames rule
09-24-2012, 06:16 AM
vikings upset the 49ers!!!!!

HenryVIII
09-24-2012, 06:21 AM
vikings upset the 49ers!!!!!

And the refs are worse than ever, I mean its almost comical, if I wasn't getting so pissed..

Dipstik
09-24-2012, 06:24 AM
I especially liked that one touchdown drive early in the 2nd half where the niners got a penalty on just about every play. I wish I could find the stats on how many yards of penalties there were... I think it was about 80% of the drive. The kickoff return might have been clean.

mxz
09-24-2012, 06:50 AM
Finally a thread about real football. Packers by nine tonight. Seahawks should be starting Matt Flynn... Thoughts?No way, Russell Wilson is your dad. Give him some time - he's going to win a lot of games in the NFL.

Dipstik
09-24-2012, 07:02 AM
Yeah, but not this year. He'll throw at least one interception and be sacked four times.

mxz
09-24-2012, 07:08 AM
Yeah, but not this year. He'll throw at least one interception and be sacked four times.I don't buy that's all his fault. Other than their defense, Lynch (and eventually Wilson), the rest of the team is pretty poor. I mean, come on, Sidney Rice as a WR1?

Ragmondino
09-24-2012, 07:10 AM
Oi this is the football thread, none of that American stuff. Good English premier league football. Stop de railing my thread

Dipstik
09-24-2012, 07:15 AM
I don't buy that's all his fault. Other than their defense, Lynch (and eventually Wilson), the rest of the team is pretty poor. I mean, come on, Sidney Rice as a WR1?

Not saying it's all his fault, but he would benefit from sitting the bench a couple years. Why bring in Flynn if not to use him as a stop-gap for a year or two while your future starter matures? That said, I'm still not sold that Wilson is as good as you think he is. He's still too short to be more than a mediocre quarterback in the NFL in my opinion.

mxz
09-24-2012, 07:19 AM
Not saying it's all his fault, but he would benefit from sitting the bench a couple years. Why bring in Flynn if not to use him as a stop-gap for a year or two while your future starter matures? That said, I'm still not sold that Wilson is as good as you think he is. He's still too short to be more than a mediocre quarterback in the NFL in my opinion.Sure, I understand the current obsession with height in the NFL, and no ones expecting rings this year...but the best way to get Wilson ready to lead his team to a Super Bowl is to get him experience in pressure situations. You really think Matt Flynn's going to take them there? Eh, I don't see it. Wilson is infectious, from all accounts. He's got that Tebow-like mentality and more personality than RG-III. I'll take those qualities over being 6 foot 3 any day.

Dipstik
09-24-2012, 07:24 AM
I strongly believe that the reason Aaron Rodgers was ready to play when called instead of having seven years of waffling like Alex Smith is because he sat the bench behind Brett Favre for three years. College players USUALLY aren't ready for the NFL right away, and Wilson wasn't even a premier college quarterback.

Whether it's better to let them learn under fire or gradually under someone's tutelage is beyond my pay grade, but it's a concern. Either way, Clay Matthews is going to eat him tonight =P

mxz
09-24-2012, 07:27 AM
No doubt there. As long as Finley doesn't put up big numbers, I'm ok with any outcome.

Dipstik
09-24-2012, 07:28 AM
What do you have against Finley? Is this a fantasy thing?

mxz
09-24-2012, 07:30 AM
Yes. After Cam Newton's awful performance (and Gronk not getting many touches) I'm barely squeaking by.

Deluxe
09-24-2012, 08:31 AM
I'm not angry but you have been so misled. Manchester United, spurs and arsenal!! Such Unpassionate fans who have no real football knowledge and has delusions of grandeur. We hammers fans are passionate and vocal, some of the loudest and best around. Even had countless films made about our exploits. Although in honesty most are garbage and nowhere near the truth. You support an American team? You got some good players, won't be long before the us start making a huge impact on the world level.

I guess when youre across the pond like me you dont have those insights into the actual fan base. As a teen coming up and wanting something fun to watch i think its undeniable that york and cole and cantona and young giggs and young scholesy and the treble etc isnt a perfect calling for that. I appreciate very much what you are getting at but im too far detached to live in that experience as you are. Which is too bad considering how much i love me some footie! Ive been to england twice to play...once a youth tourney in torquay and once as a senior in hs and we played barnsley, rotherham, sheffield (united and wednesday) reserve u-18 squads. Pretty phenomenal experience for an american with a budding love for the game...

PawnXIIX
09-24-2012, 08:42 AM
Sorry all you fans, but the best team out there is the one I've followed since I was a young child. The Big Blue Wrecking Crew, the New York Giants ^^

Now that we actually have a running game, we're more dangerous than ever. Manning is in the prime of his career, the offensive line is all veterans, and the rookies are catching like seasoned receivers. With Victor Cruz drawing double coverage, there were receivers open left and right during that 36-7 route of the panthers.

...That personal foul call was nonsense... <.<

Carolina fans...teach your special teams how to secure the ball please?

Dipstik
09-24-2012, 08:51 AM
http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp45/meza09/HowBoutThemCowbos.jpg

No seriously... cowboys suck. But what does that say about the luckiest team in NFL history?

Ragmondino
09-24-2012, 08:51 AM
You must of been pretty good. You still play? That was a good united team, very attacking and enjoyed the game as they played. None of today's prima donnas and some of the best players to play in the premiership. Loved sheringham when he came to play at west ham, one of the best footballing brains I've seen. Do they show the premiership out there then? I'm going to a game on wednesday, a cup game, west ham vs Wigan. Taking my 10yo nephew getting him addicted to it all.
And for the last time stop talking about big girls who have to wear padding to play Proffesional sports!!
If there's one American sport I like its basketball. For some strange reason always use to follow the charlotte hornets. They still about at all??

boardgames rule
09-24-2012, 09:22 AM
And the refs are worse than ever, I mean its almost comical
Yea but the refs were really bad in the last few minuets. They gave the 49ers 2 more timeouts and 2 challages that they shouldnt of had. Now thats bad. 5 timeout in a half?????????? When was that rule started?

Deluxe
09-24-2012, 09:24 AM
You must of been pretty good. You still play? That was a good united team, very attacking and enjoyed the game as they played. None of today's prima donnas and some of the best players to play in the premiership. Loved sheringham when he came to play at west ham, one of the best footballing brains I've seen. Do they show the premiership out there then? I'm going to a game on wednesday, a cup game, west ham vs Wigan. Taking my 10yo nephew getting him addicted to it all.
And for the last time stop talking about big girls who have to wear padding to play Proffesional sports!!
If there's one American sport I like its basketball. For some strange reason always use to follow the charlotte hornets. They still about at all??

They are the bobcats now and owned by jordan and are one of the worst teams historically...
I was quite good for my opportunities and the day and age i came up playing the sport in. Soccer was damn near unknown when i got into it so its at least cool to see the growth and progress the game has made since early 90's when i picked it up as a wee lad playing 'bunch ball' he he. I played division one (top division) college ball. Won a national championship playing junior college before transferring to 4-year san diego state. My goalie there was tally hall who made mls all star team and played in those summer show case games against european teams. Also played alongside some other mls and a-league players.
I got to see leicester and sunderland play epl in 2000-01 and then some first division games while i was out there. Also backpacked europe in 2002 during month of June and got to LIVE the world cup experience on foreign soil so that was an unbelievable experience for me as well. Really miss the sport these days. Fox soccer channel plays games on basic cable and espn/espn 2 will replay champions league games during group stage while playing later knockout matches live. Gol tv is available on directv or satellite but i dont have that. A lot of stuff can be streamed online if im really desperate so thats a saving grace :)

Deluxe
09-24-2012, 09:26 AM
And youre right...teams were diff back then...not nearly as many of these hot head pansies that live a life of entitlement and 8-9 figure contracts. Sherringham was such a gem to watch...didnt he play til he was like 40-42? I remember watching him late in his career and the genius with which he played the game was astonishing...slow as molasses and so damn football smart he was still a step ahead of everyone!

Sav Clarke
09-24-2012, 09:30 AM
I was looking forward to posting in this thread but saw that it had been derailed by the "american" version of football rather then the correct game of football - you know the one in which you use your feet and play with a ball. The american version uses an oval and you use your hand - so anyway, my favourite ovalhand team is the Dolphins.

Back to the original topic:

Liverpool fan here (don't start the jokes - had enough from my mates). To the OT, I hope Carroll works out for the irons, was never really given a chance with us.

Deluxe
09-24-2012, 09:35 AM
I was looking forward to posting in this thread but saw that it had been derailed by the "american" version of football rather then the correct game of football - you know the one in which you use your feet and play with a ball. The american version uses an oval and you use your hand - so anyway, my favourite ovalhand team is the Dolphins.

Back to the original topic:

Liverpool fan here (don't start the jokes - had enough from my mates). To the OT, I hope Carroll works out for the irons, was never really given a chance with us.

Dude i just busted out laughing in a doctor's office at 'ovalhand team'!
We can keep this thread true...if we give up completely then stupid ovalhand wins :(
Im a little outdated...talking carroll formerly of newcastle yah?

PC77
09-24-2012, 09:40 AM
Liverpool here also. We'll come good eventually, big mistake giving up on Carroll though, he'll shine at west ham.. YNWA

PawnXIIX
09-24-2012, 09:43 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EH4pb2Cxivs

Oh those crazy refs... :D

mxz
09-24-2012, 09:44 AM
Yea but the refs were really bad in the last few minuets. They gave the 49ers 2 more timeouts and 2 challages that they shouldnt of had. Now thats bad. 5 timeout in a half?????????? When was that rule started?The refs have been awful in all the week 2 and 3 games. Maybe it was because I didn't watch too much of week 1...but these last 2 have been comically bad. I was watching RedZone yesterday and over the course of maybe 20-30 minutes there were 3 or 4 successfully challenged fumbles that were blown dead as down by contact. Not sure why they don't let them play anymore.

Dipstik
09-24-2012, 09:45 AM
http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/2604/handeggh.jpg

trololol

Deluxe
09-24-2012, 09:47 AM
Go away ovalhand troll!!!
Now research the amt of time a proper football spends in the goalies mitts and the amount of time an ovalhand object spends in direct contact w a foot...

Coldjoey
09-24-2012, 09:50 AM

So you start a football thread so we don't hijack all other threads, the thread is hijacked by someone talking about American football, then you hijack your own thread talking about Basketball, next thing you know some one will start going on about CRIME CITY

Dipstik
09-24-2012, 09:51 AM
Why do soccer fans always think the name of the game somehow means kicking the ball. Go look up the history of the name "soccer", champ. The brits made it up to distinguish "association football" from "rugby football." Wait... what? You mean ANOTHER game called football that's played by carrying the ball? And the BRITS called it football?

Read and learn, chief.

Sav Clarke
09-24-2012, 09:54 AM
I'm gonna start a campaign for a new game called Ovalhand ;)

Rules:

Each game last 60 minutes spread out over bloody hours.

You can have tons and tons of players but most of them will only play for about 30 secs every hour.

Fat kids are allowed to play aswell.

Unlimited body armour

Use of girls dancing in little skirts is compulsory to make it slightly interesting.

Over excited commentators is a must.

I'll think of some more later :)

PawnXIIX
09-24-2012, 09:54 AM
To be honest asking for it not to be hijacked just let the trolls in. After it swept everyone away the discussions just carried on ._.

I'm gonna start a campaign for a new game called Ovalhand ;)

My teacher had a game called "thunderdome". Turn all the lights off and throw medicine balls around at each other, last one alive passed the class.

Deluxe
09-24-2012, 09:57 AM
Why do soccer fans always think the name of the game somehow means kicking the ball. Go look up the history of the name "soccer", champ. The brits made it up to distinguish "association football" from "rugby football." Wait... what? You mean ANOTHER game called football that's played by carrying the ball? And the BRITS called it football?

Read and learn, chief.

Go over the pond and see what it is called in real life. I could live behind the pages of a book or the webpages with the masses of information available on the interwebs and in either case i could easily 'look up' anything to serve my specific interests but the fact remains that the following things are true: first, colloquially speaking, 'football' is the proper term; second, you are still trolling this thread

Dipstik
09-24-2012, 10:00 AM
"I could live behind the pages of a book or webpages of the mass of information available on the interwebs and in either case i could easily 'look up' anything to serve my interests"

tldr: Oh you trolls and your silly "facts"... I don't have to "read" or "learn" things!

Deluxe
09-24-2012, 10:07 AM
"I could live behind the pages of a book or webpages of the mass of information available on the interwebs and in either case i could easily 'look up' anything to serve my interests"

tldr: Oh you trolls and your silly "facts"... I don't have to "read" or "learn" things!

Dated facts no doubt.
Ill let the english blokes chime in to correct your misgivings...
And yes, much can be learned by experiencing life first hand and not simply relying on what is put to page but you wouldnt make a living yourself if you subscribed to that belief as a lawyer (right?) so i get it

Murda
09-24-2012, 10:07 AM
Any game that can routinely end 0-0 should not be a game and should not even have it's own name. It's called jogging, and it's a hobby, not a sport

Any game where one of the more effective strategies is to fake injuries is not a game, it's more like day-care for adult men. and a more fitting name would be "whinyball"

Dipstik
09-24-2012, 10:11 AM
Murda: Let's not forget the controversial new strategy of DROPPING YOUR SHORTS!

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/azetc/articles/2008/11/17/20081117italysoccershortsON.html

Deluxe
09-24-2012, 10:18 AM
Any game that can routinely end 0-0 should not be a game and should not even have it's own name. It's called jogging, and it's a hobby, not a sport

Any game where one of the more effective strategies is to fake injuries is not a game, it's more like day-care for adult men. and a more fitting name would be "whinyball"

So were you the fat kid who couldnt keep up and chose football where obesity is rewarded..?
Figures americans would prefer such a sport considering 38 states are on pace to have 50% obesity rates over the next couple years.
Do you also talk **** about golf because you havent the hand eye coordination to even hit the little fokkin ball?

I actually like you murda so dont take it personally...i just like proper football better :-)

Ragmondino
09-24-2012, 10:21 AM

That's it Joaquim out my thread. (Yes you deeply dippy)
Ccm coldjoey needs a ban. First he supports arsenal. Then he abuses west ham, your team. And then he pulls me up, in my own legendary thread, about my hypocrisy!! I feel at least a one week ban to think about what he did is justified here.
Hopefully Carroll, formerly of Newcastle, wil be back soon. I think he has the tools to be a legend at west ham. Was a crazy move Liverpool letting him go when there so short of strikers themselves.
Ovalhand is a terrible game, tried watching last time I was in Bodeans at tower hill, sorry boring and long winded.

Dipstik
09-24-2012, 10:29 AM
You know what I find most amusing about the whole football vs. soccer argument? It's America vs. the Rest of the World, and you guys CAN'T WIN! We control the media! If (big if) soccer ever gets to the point where it gets mainstream TV time (you know... somewhere under ESPN6), they're going to need to distinguish it. You can't go on calling both sports "football," can you?

Guess which sport will keep its name in that case? After 20 years of everyone on television calling it "soccer," your entire CULTURE will change! YOUR KIDS will call it soccer! You poor suckers won't even realize it's happening! You have NO CHANCE!

Just get used to it now... you've already lost :)

Coldjoey
09-24-2012, 10:32 AM
I never abused Westham fans, the Westham team do that.

Ragmondino
09-24-2012, 10:33 AM
Unfortunately it was first called soccer dippy is right. But if I refered to it as such I'd get abused out of the pub/ground. Hasn't been called that for decades. Historically yes, culturally not accepted.

mxz
09-24-2012, 10:37 AM
You know what I find most amusing about the whole football vs. soccer argument? It's America vs. the Rest of the World, and you guys CAN'T WIN! We control the media! If (big if) soccer ever gets to the point where it gets mainstream TV time (you know... somewhere under ESPN6), they're going to need to distinguish it. You can't go on calling both sports "football," can you?

Guess which sport will keep its name in that case? After 20 years of everyone on television calling it "soccer," your entire CULTURE will change! YOUR KIDS will call it soccer! You poor suckers won't even realize it's happening! You have NO CHANCE!

Just get used to it now... you've already lost :)Good point in this. A tiny portion of the world by population but we've successfully hijacked the naming rights to the world via creating ESPN, Snooki, and Al Gore (and therefore the Internet).

Ragmondino
09-24-2012, 10:37 AM
Luckily for the rest of the world the us suck at football so there opinion on its name is mute. That invalidates your whole arguement. The fact your most renowned player ever is alexi lalas, and that was purely because he had a funny haircut shows what a non entity the country is on the global football stage. Also your ambassador was a fat cheat, (chuck blazer), and the only big players you get are the old ones past there prime.

Dipstik
09-24-2012, 10:40 AM
Luckily for the rest of the world the us suck at football so there opinion on its name is mute. That invalidates your whole arguement. The fact your most renowned player ever is alexi lalas, and that was purely because he had a funny haircut shows what a non entity the country is on the global football stage. Also your ambassador was a fat cheat, (chuck blazer), and the only big players you get are the old ones past there prime.

Aaron Rodgers begs to differ. Oh wait... you were talking about soccer. Yeah, over here it's a game for little girls to play until they're old enough to know how to keep score.

Ragmondino
09-24-2012, 10:42 AM
Right I have a change of plan. You can talk about any "football" you want, proper English premier league, American I need extra padding cause it hurts football, even rugby football. But no more football vs soccer talk.

mxz
09-24-2012, 10:42 AM
"Number 1...Tim Brady, motherf***ers."

Dipstik
09-24-2012, 10:45 AM
Seen on a bumper sticker in Wisconsin: "We'll never forget you, Brent!" :)

Ragmondino
09-24-2012, 10:45 AM
Aaron Rodgers begs to differ. Oh wait... you were talking about soccer. Yeah, over here it's a game for little girls to play until they're old enough to know how to keep score.

Must not reply to trolls
Must not reply to trolls
Must not reply to trolls

Deluxe
09-24-2012, 10:46 AM

Just get used to it now... you've already lost :)

When the world cup final dominates tv ratings against anything else that shows on tv period then thats not losing. And soccer/football doesnt need the american market to continue to dominate

Dipstik
09-24-2012, 10:46 AM
http://bloodsweatdice.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/Trollface-Fishing.png

Keep telling yourself that

Deluxe
09-24-2012, 10:48 AM
Right I have a change of plan. You can talk about any "football" you want, proper English premier league, American I need extra padding cause it hurts football, even rugby football. But no more football vs soccer talk.

Ok boss ill honor that. I actually like and watch american football so not like i mind the rest of the chatter, i just dont understand it all as well :-/

Deluxe
09-24-2012, 10:49 AM
http://bloodsweatdice.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/Trollface-Fishing.png

Keep telling yourself that

I thought youd appreciate that i 'read' those 'facts' somewhere...quit floundering (damn auto correct meets fat fingers)

Sav Clarke
09-24-2012, 10:50 AM

Really?? Football is the BIGGEST and most POPULAR sport in the world but because the USA aren't that into it you dismiss it offhand. But i think it would be best to locked this thread before it became a USA vs the world thread. We would never win that argument as the US is the bestest place ever, invented everything and are the only one who can save the world from any impending disaster. :) (that was said tongue in cheek)

Dipstik
09-24-2012, 10:51 AM
When the world cup final dominates tv ratings against anything else that shows on tv period then thats not losing. And soccer/football doesnt need the american market to continue to dominate

Oh I'm not saying that soccer isn't watched on TV... I'm just saying it's watched on NON-US TV... wait until the viewing audiences for football/soccer start to collide and they need to distinguish the names. Sorry, but "american football" isn't going to take off. Your game will eventually be called soccer just because that's what the media is going to start doing. You can continue to pretend otherwise if you like.

Deluxe
09-24-2012, 10:52 AM
Really?? Football is the BIGGEST and most POPULAR sport in the world but because the USA aren't that into it you dismiss it offhand. But i think it would be best to locked this thread before it became a USA vs the world thread. We would never win that argument as the US is the bestest place ever, invented everything and are the only one who can save the world from any impending disaster. :) (that was said tongue in cheek)

You are generating some genuine chuckles today, thanks

Dipstik
09-24-2012, 10:52 AM
Deluxe: That was aimed at Ragman and his "must not reply to trolls" post.

mxz
09-24-2012, 10:54 AM
Ok boss ill honor that. I actually like and watch american football so not like i mind the rest of the chatter, i just dont understand it all as well :-/I could see how it would be confusing for folks used to watching a few dudes play grabass for 90 minutes. All of a sudden there's action, strategery, and sanctioned hitting of each other.

I just made the case for hockey, I know. But they're on strike...back to football.

Deluxe
09-24-2012, 10:57 AM
Oh I'm not saying that soccer isn't watched on TV... I'm just saying it's watched on NON-US TV... wait until the viewing audiences for football/soccer start to collide and they need to distinguish the names. Sorry, but "american football" isn't going to take off. Your game will eventually be called soccer just because that's what the media is going to start doing. You can continue to pretend otherwise if you like.

This is already true...the sports ticker calls it soccer and tv guide does the same so no arguing that whatsoever

Deluxe
09-24-2012, 10:58 AM
Deluxe: That was aimed at Ragman and his "must not reply to trolls" post.

My apologies :)

Dipstik
09-24-2012, 11:04 AM
My apologies :)

god dammit you're completely RUINING my trolling here... Soccer vs Football is usually ripe territory for getting people really worked up over nothing!

Deluxe
09-24-2012, 11:06 AM
god dammit you're completely RUINING my trolling here... Soccer vs Football is usually ripe territory for getting people really worked up over nothing!

Youre a good sport and apparently i am too cuz fair is fair and ill only defend what i truly feel
I can so you got a few pts and i got a few pts and the boths of us maybe learned something new today :) ha ha

Sav Clarke
09-24-2012, 11:13 AM
Come on - keep it going - i was enjoying this thread. Tons better then all the crappy CK Indian gang related threads that keep appearing and boring the pants off me

Dipstik
09-24-2012, 11:26 AM
tons better then all the crappy ck indian gang related threads that keep appearing and boring the pants off me

true that!

Ragmondino
09-24-2012, 11:36 AM
Come on - keep it going - i was enjoying this thread. Tons better then all the crappy CK Indian gang related threads that keep appearing and boring the pants off me

Thread de railment. That's it, "your outer here"
That the right thing they say in an American sport played with a ball.
Now stop feeding the troll

Ragmondino
true that!

But yes +1

Dipstik
Actually, I don't think I've ever heard anyone say "your outer here." In sports or any other context.

Coldjoey
09-24-2012, 12:14 PM
Actually, I don't think I've ever heard anyone say "your outer here." In sports or any other context.

I heard John Cena say it in WWE

Ragmondino
09-24-2012, 12:35 PM
Ahhh was thinking baseball but alas my knowledge of American sports seems to have let me down

Joeycool
09-24-2012, 12:47 PM
And I've recruited Chester

Chester supports the Red Army of Mancunia!

True story

Fav ever United Photo:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/199452_10150119135283707_1892557_n.jpg

Deluxe
09-24-2012, 12:50 PM
Ahhh was thinking baseball but alas my knowledge of American sports seems to have let me down

I wouldnt call baseball a sport

Deluxe
09-24-2012, 12:51 PM

True story

Fav ever United Photo:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/199452_10150119135283707_1892557_n.jpg

Freakin great...vieira was a bruiser tho surprised to see him rolled up like that

Joeycool
09-24-2012, 12:51 PM
Liverpool here also. We'll come good eventually, big mistake giving up on Carroll though, he'll shine at west ham.. YNWA

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/c0.0.403.403/p403x403/223089_10151090612382746_1144228851_n.jpg

Joeycool
09-24-2012, 12:55 PM
Oh wait... you were talking about soccer. Yeah, over here it's a game for little girls to play until they're old enough to know how to keep score.

Dipstick never got into the team... he was too small. And couldnt keep score well enough.

Coldjoey
09-24-2012, 12:57 PM
The Arsenal, supplying the greatest football players to the world

SoccerStud
09-24-2012, 01:01 PM
FC Barcelona

Joeycool
09-24-2012, 01:01 PM

The Champions League final now has more TV viewers than the Super Bowl

SevenO9
09-24-2012, 01:06 PM
The Champions League final now has more TV viewers than the Super Bowl

And my team was on the last two of those finals. Hat off to Chelsea, this season we bring back the cup to Munich!

Joeycool
09-24-2012, 01:08 PM
The Arsenal, supplying the greatest football players to the world

True Story!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/558355_10151064780222746_1607010684_n.jpg

Joeycool
09-24-2012, 01:14 PM
And my team was on the last two of those finals. Hat off to Chelsea, this season we bring back the cup to Munich!

Remember this? My favourite moment in football history! :cool:

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/05/07/article-1384689-001B390600000258-805_634x467.jpg

SevenO9
09-24-2012, 01:35 PM
Remember this? My favourite moment in football history! :cool:

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/05/07/article-1384689-001B390600000258-805_634x467.jpg

Oh how I remember that evening. I have been in Camp Nou with some friends. The city had not enough cerveza to end our mourning.

Joaquim Jose
09-24-2012, 01:51 PM
FC Barcelona

No!
Real Madrid!

SoccerStud
09-24-2012, 01:54 PM
Real Madrid sucks compared to Barcelona. Long live Messi, one of the best soccer players EVER

Joaquim Jose
09-24-2012, 01:55 PM
Barcelona sucks compared to Real Madrid. Long live Ronaldo, one of the best soccer players EVER

I agree...

Joaquim Jose
09-24-2012, 01:57 PM
But Real Madrid have had their moments that made them look like dumbasses. Like when they won the Copa Del Rey and when they were on the bus Sergio Ramos dropped the trophy and it got run over by the bus.

PC77
09-24-2012, 02:14 PM
Joey not so cool!!! Only messing dude, you know I love your pics and clips, though that one does hurt just a little.. Keep them coming

(MS13)TURKISHTIGER
09-24-2012, 02:17 PM
hey bea do u know how to suck

Deluxe
09-24-2012, 02:21 PM
hey bea do u know how to suck

Well this thread is ruined, go away you idiot

Blueshoot
09-24-2012, 02:21 PM
Man city - Champions. Thank you

Deluxe
09-24-2012, 02:30 PM
Man city - Champions. Thank you

Anybody with $1 billion could buy a championship, look at Chelsea...they don't know how to develop players so they just go steal the best players from clubs. I think I read somewhere that Chelsea was the first English Premier league team to have a starting side with no English players on it, no respect for that type of play compared to the man u's and the arsenals who actually develop youth players

Plus front office/coaching staff have no spine to put up w balotellis crap and tevez's tantrums just the same...joke of a team for what they stand for really

Blueshoot
09-24-2012, 02:46 PM
Yea yea, arsenal develop youth players like Van Persie for Utd to buy. What's the point? Until very recently, Arsenal had no English players, they now have Wilshire, the ox and Walcott. When did utd last bring through decent youth players? They live of the class of the early 90's as this so called conveyor belt of youthful talent. Pants!! The kids they play are Brazilian and Mexican, and so on. It's funny how Arsenal are all bemoaning the fact that they have money but don't spend it, we spend it and we are the devil. Utd have bought titles year after year, spending more than anybody else, but that's alright as they have aparently earned it. It's very boring. We spend £'s not $'s

That's your fault for reading papers!

Joeycool
09-24-2012, 03:12 PM
Yea yea, arsenal develop youth players like Van Persie for Utd to buy. What's the point? Until very recently, Arsenal had no English players, they now have Wilshire, the ox and Walcott. When did utd last bring through decent youth players? They live of the class of the early 90's as this so called conveyor belt of youthful talent. Pants!! The kids they play are Brazilian and Mexican, and so on. It's funny how Arsenal are all bemoaning the fact that they have money but don't spend it, we spend it and we are the devil. Utd have bought titles year after year, spending more than anybody else, but that's alright as they have aparently earned it. It's very boring. We spend £'s not $'s

That's your fault for reading papers!

Interesting Facts for £ spent since Prem league began:

Chelsea, £673 million — 12 trophies — 3 Premier League titles (2o05, 2006, 2010), 1 Champions League (2012), 4 FA Cups (2007, 2009, 2010, 2012), 2 League Cups (2005, 2007) and 2 Community Shields (2005, 2009).

Manchester City, £572 million — 3 trophies — 1 Premier League title (2012), 1 FA Cup (2011) and 1 Community Shield (2012).

Liverpool, £414 million — 6 trophies — 1 Champions League (2005), 1 UEFA Super Cup (2005), 1 FA Cup (2006), 2 League Cups (2003, 2012) and 1 Community Shield (2006).

Manchester United, £352 million — 16 trophies — 5 Premier League titles (2003, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011), 1 Champions League (2008), 1 FA Cup (2004), 3 League Cups (2006, 2009, 2010), 5 Community Shields (2003, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011) and 1 FIFA Club World Cup (2008).

Tottenham Hotspur, £350 million — 1 trophy — 1 League Cup (2008).

Looking at those figures... I dont think you could ever say United have "bought" titles.

http://www.epltalk.com/which-premier-league-club-is-the-biggest-spender-in-the-last-decade-46532

Blueshoot
09-24-2012, 03:29 PM
Players at the start if the premiership were way cheaper, they bought Cantona for £1m for gods sake. That doesn't give the entire story. City and Chelsea have paid way over the odds for average players as clubs know they have money. Utd bought the best players at the time for the best price. Stats are easily Mis leading, not that I have to justify being a City fan

Deluxe
09-24-2012, 03:32 PM
Interesting Facts for £ spent since Prem league began:

Chelsea, £673 million — 12 trophies — 3 Premier League titles (2o05, 2006, 2010), 1 Champions League (2012), 4 FA Cups (2007, 2009, 2010, 2012), 2 League Cups (2005, 2007) and 2 Community Shields (2005, 2009).

Manchester City, £572 million — 3 trophies — 1 Premier League title (2012), 1 FA Cup (2011) and 1 Community Shield (2012).

Liverpool, £414 million — 6 trophies — 1 Champions League (2005), 1 UEFA Super Cup (2005), 1 FA Cup (2006), 2 League Cups (2003, 2012) and 1 Community Shield (2006).

Manchester United, £352 million — 16 trophies — 5 Premier League titles (2003, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011), 1 Champions League (2008), 1 FA Cup (2004), 3 League Cups (2006, 2009, 2010), 5 Community Shields (2003, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011) and 1 FIFA Club World Cup (2008).

Tottenham Hotspur, £350 million — 1 trophy — 1 League Cup (2008).

Looking at those figures... I dont think you could ever say United have "bought" titles.

http://www.epltalk.com/which-premier-league-club-is-the-biggest-spender-in-the-last-decade-46532

No cute little flash or whatever but JC was equally successful at setting someone straight. Your move buddy-o...

Deluxe
09-24-2012, 03:33 PM
Players at the start if the premiership were way cheaper, they bought Cantona for £1m for gods sake. That doesn't give the entire story. City and Chelsea have paid way over the odds for average players as clubs know they have money. Utd bought the best players at the time for the best price. Stats are easily Mis leading, not that I have to justify being a City fan

And who drives up those modern day prices...?? Teams like man city that can and will throw exorbitant amounts at players to get them...

Mikecore
09-24-2012, 03:34 PM
Money doesn't buy titles!

Joeycool
09-24-2012, 04:22 PM
City and Chelsea have paid way over the odds for average players as clubs know they have money.

You said it mate!

My point is:

City - £190.66M cost per trophy

United - £22M cost per trophy.

You think United have bought titles? And your justification is that United bought Cantona for 1M??

http://gifsforum.com/images/gif/lol/grand/lol-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-1662.gif

Joeycool
09-24-2012, 04:25 PM
Also... I found this recent gif of Citys finance director:

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/throwing-money-away.gif

Apparently he could be heard saying "if I keep on throwing this money at something that is sh*t it will eventually become good"

Dipstik
09-24-2012, 05:24 PM
Packers by nine!

Chester78
09-24-2012, 06:31 PM
http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp45/meza09/HowBoutThemCowbos.jpg

No seriously... cowboys suck. But what does that say about the luckiest team in NFL history?

Do you know who else sucks? The Broncos. True story.

Dipstik
09-24-2012, 06:33 PM

They just miss tebow.

Chester78

True story

Fav ever United Photo:

I have no idea what you just said.

Chester78
They just miss tebow.

And defense. And offense.

Dipstik
09-24-2012, 06:35 PM
There we go.

Joeycool
09-24-2012, 07:01 PM
I have no idea what you just said.

Sigh, The Red Army Of Mancunia = Manchester United.

iteachem
09-24-2012, 07:03 PM

If you weren't a fellow Indian....would consider kicking you out of Colorado for that... wait till the raiders game :-)

Dipstik
09-24-2012, 07:05 PM
If you weren't a fellow Indian....would consider kicking you out of Colorado for that... wait till the raiders game :-)

Ummm... They just got their asses kicked by the raiders yesterday.

iteachem
09-24-2012, 07:06 PM
Ummm... They just got their asses kicked by the raiders yesterday.

Nope lost to Houston Yesterday... Fuzzy's team lost to the Raiders

Dipstik
09-24-2012, 07:08 PM
Was it Houston? Then who did the raiders beat? First year with Sunday ticket, and I'm not used to seeing so many games... Whoops!

SoccerStud
09-24-2012, 07:11 PM
I went to the Cleveland Browns Vs. Buffalo Bills game yesterday. It was like clash of the losers. Very entertaining

Dipstik
09-24-2012, 07:13 PM
Bills were pretty good last year... What happened?

iteachem
09-24-2012, 07:14 PM
Was it Houston? Then who did the raiders beat? First year with Sunday ticket, and I'm not used to seeing so many games... Whoops!

Pittsburg.......and to clarify the Broncs are 1-2 but have lost to 2/3 teams with Undefeated Records. So although our record is lousy we have potential this year as the defense cleans itself up and Peyton gets stronger

Dipstik
09-24-2012, 07:16 PM
Or they trade back for tebow and he leads you to the Superbowl!

Deluxe
09-24-2012, 07:18 PM
Pittsburg.......and to clarify the Broncs are 1-2 but have lost to 2/3 teams with Undefeated Records. So although our record is lousy we have potential this year as the defense cleans itself up and Peyton gets stronger

Broncos fan!? Woo hoo! Grew up watching elway, sharpe, TD...was a great time back in 97-98 i say!!

Chester78
09-24-2012, 07:33 PM

Do you mean Liverpool?

Chester78
09-24-2012, 07:36 PM

Or do you mean Chelsea?

Joeycool
09-24-2012, 07:41 PM
Or do you mean Chelsea?

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Someone-You-Dont-Like-Says-Something-Funny.gif

iteachem
09-24-2012, 07:41 PM
Broncos fan!? Woo hoo! Grew up watching elway, sharpe, TD...was a great time back in 97-98 i say!!

Life long Bronco Fan... My first game was in early 70s with Namath and the Jets visiting.. Went to Cleveland Denver AFC championship game in 88 (The Fumble)...

Chester78
09-24-2012, 07:42 PM
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Someone-You-Dont-Like-Says-Something-Funny.gif

Did you just Kanye me? I want a divorce.

Joeycool
09-24-2012, 07:51 PM
Did you just Kanye me?

http://gifsforum.com/images/gif/deal%20with%20it/grand/jim_carrey_deal_with_it.gif

Joeycool
09-24-2012, 07:59 PM
I want a divorce.

http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lpdaweDFb21qm3pzbo1_500.gif

Chester78
09-24-2012, 08:07 PM
http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lpdaweDFb21qm3pzbo1_500.gif

http://i1071.photobucket.com/albums/u505/chester1978/20eebc24f78739e71321919e56a690c3.jpg

iteachem
09-24-2012, 08:10 PM
Get a room you two..LOL...

Deluxe
09-24-2012, 08:15 PM
Life long Bronco Fan... My first game was in early 70s with Namath and the Jets visiting.. Went to Cleveland Denver AFC championship game in 88 (The Fumble)...

I was gonna mention that next because i now live in cleveland and that is simply unmentionable out here...

Joeycool
09-24-2012, 08:16 PM
http://i1071.photobucket.com/albums/u505/chester1978/20eebc24f78739e71321919e56a690c3.jpg

http://gifsforum.com/images/gif/bertstare/grand/cat-shock.gif

iteachem
09-24-2012, 08:16 PM
I was gonna mention that next because i now live in cleveland and that is simply unmentionable out here...

The fumble and the drive... when will those folks get over that...???

Deluxe
09-24-2012, 08:18 PM
The fumble and the drive... when will those folks get over that...???

When they finally actually have something to celebrate again...which isnt happening any time soon from what im seeing

Dipstik
09-24-2012, 08:46 PM
This is some bull****.

mxz
09-24-2012, 08:52 PM
These refs are the worst. I can't believe they couldn't get the call right even with video evidence...

Deluxe
09-24-2012, 09:01 PM
I started a thread if you guys feel like taking your anger where mine is...

Khayman
09-24-2012, 10:25 PM
America vs. the Rest of the World

No dude. In Spain the soccer is called "fútbol" but the NFL is called "fútbol americano". Seems legit to me.

And i do not like regular soccer, being spaniard (where are the most winners clubs in the whole world) i support the Ravens and play flag as safety:

http://www.pobladores.com/data/pobladores.com/ke/an/keane79/channels/seagulls/images/2701725khayman.jpg

The white Ed Reed! :cool:

Khayman
09-24-2012, 10:41 PM
By the way and for the respect to Ramongdino i'll post the funniest club in the world ¡CÁDIZ!

Why? Because the fans main song says "Alcohol, alcohol, alcohol. We came here to get drunk and the score does not matter"

Why? Because is the only club which anthem was written by a carnival group.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nd32BnqcjY

Ragmondino
09-24-2012, 11:19 PM

Told you she was a hammer.

Ragmondino
09-25-2012, 12:05 AM
Did I miss the part where van Persie came through the arsenal youth ranks? I don't mind city, like there fans and a lot of there players. Hate Chelsea though. Nasty team with horrible players. Fat frank lampard and john terry are two of the most despicable people I've ever met. Had a fight with john Terry's dad a few years back.
Sorry mr cool but burn has already confirmed that all Indians are hammers, and Isshi has backed this up with hard facts!!
Viera wasn't tough either, just a bully who run from real tough players. Ill always remember watching him try to bull Gary Neville, and then turn and run as quick as he could when he saw Roy Keane walk down the tunnel towards him. Coward

Chester78
09-25-2012, 12:18 AM
You hate me? Sad face. :( My parents named me Chelsea. It's not my fault.

Ragmondino
09-25-2012, 01:11 AM
You hate me? Sad face. :( My parents named me Chelsea. It's not my fault.

Ahhh man you keep making me feel bad :@( I like people called chelsea, you, Chelsea Clinton, Chelsea sinclaire, but I hate Chelsea football club.
But as you support west ham that makes you the best Chelsea :@)

Coldjoey
09-25-2012, 01:32 AM
Nothing against any other team or fans, passion for The Arsenal but all talk is banter unless you support Leeds, I hate Leeds. I hate the team, fans and the City.

Jian Carlo
09-25-2012, 01:33 AM
Arsenal man and proud of it. Think we have a better squad this year even without RVP. Would have loved him to stay but what to do.

COME ON U GUNNERS

Ragmondino
09-25-2012, 01:42 AM
Leeds fans are a nasty bunch, living in the Stone Age and try to attack family's and normal fans to make a name for themselves.
I agree Jian, your team is much better this year. Starting to gel, defence is looking good. I think podolski will be better for you Ove a period of time than rvp was. And cazorla is a top quality midfielder. Won't finish higher than 4th though

Coldjoey
09-25-2012, 02:45 AM
Leeds fans are a nasty bunch, living in the Stone Age and try to attack family's and normal fans to make a name for themselves.
I agree Jian, your team is much better this year. Starting to gel, defence is looking good. I think podolski will be better for you Ove a period of time than rvp was. And cazorla is a top quality midfielder. Won't finish higher than 4th though

4th? I think this could be our year, best start in ages and without leaking silly gaols we should come good.
I think it will Vengers last year either way.

Ragmondino
09-25-2012, 02:50 AM
4th? I think this could be our year, best start in ages and without leaking silly gaols we should come good.
I think it will Vengers last year either way.

I still think the 2 Manchester teams and Chelsea will be to strong for you. And it'll only take an injury to podolski for the goals to dry up. And also 1 or 2 defence Injurys and the goals will start leaking as well.

Jian Carlo
09-25-2012, 06:09 AM
Your right to a degree, we need a goal scorer, they are chasing one now but defence I think is sounds this time round.

Ragmondino
09-25-2012, 06:53 AM
Your right to a degree, we need a goal scorer, they are chasing one now but defence I think is sounds this time round.

I dunno if vermaelen picks up an injury not sure if the other 2 together will be enough. And no proper back up lb either. Not sure giroud will cut it so definitely need another one there. Hear huntelaar may be on the radar.

Jian Carlo
09-25-2012, 07:13 AM
Yea that's what I heard. Time will tell

Deluxe
09-25-2012, 07:17 AM
Claus van huntelaar!?!? The dude that was mesmorizing in the dutch leagues a few years ago...?

Jian Carlo
09-25-2012, 08:38 AM
Yes that's the rumour but I won't build my hopes up......lol

Ragmondino
09-25-2012, 08:53 AM
Yeah him, but his been a bit poo ever since he left the Dutch league.

mxz
09-25-2012, 09:09 AM
Anyone else see Snoop Dogg/Lion talk about football and play some soccer on ESPN this morning? He's got a decent leg.

Soccer...and football...together...mind blown.

Edit: video link. http://soccernet.espn.go.com/video/espnfc/video?id=1170656&cc=5901&espnfc=true

Ragmondino
09-25-2012, 09:28 AM
Right I'm off to upton park, gonna watch west ham vs Wigan in the cup. Gonna get a couple of beers in and then watch a good solid win for the hammers.
Hope your all cheering us on tonight

Daniel2115
09-25-2012, 09:56 AM
Anyone else see Snoop Dogg/Lion talk about football and play some soccer on ESPN this morning? He's got a decent leg.

Soccer...and football...together...mind blown.

Edit: video link. http://soccernet.espn.go.com/video/espnfc/video?id=1170656&cc=5901&espnfc=true

Football and soccer together? That's just unacceptable to soccer fans lol. But yeah I saw it, did you watch him on first take?

PC77
09-25-2012, 10:11 AM
Huntelaar has been very good over the past 2 yrs with schalke in Germany. To be able to score like he has in Germany, he'd suit any prem side. Thats who wenger should have went for, not that French dude. Being a Liverpool fan, huntelaar is the type of player we are seriously lacking.

SevenO9
09-25-2012, 10:49 AM
Agreed, Huntelaar is pretty good at Schalke. And I was suprised van Marwijk decided against him in the Euro 2012. Well, van Marwijk is history and even Huntelaar didn't help Schalke last weekend ;-)

PC77
09-25-2012, 10:58 AM
He's probably missing the legend that is Raul..

You a Bayern fan seven??

SevenO9
09-25-2012, 11:05 AM
Yeah, grown up in München Sendling, 500 meters from the Bayern training grounds. I know, its kinda boring to be a Bayern fan in Germany and causes lots of hatred but I really had no choice :-)

PC77
09-25-2012, 11:10 AM
Still can't believe ye lost champs league in own back yard. Your team was far better than Chelsea on paper, it's one that Bayern have def left behind.
Good luck against Wolfsburg 2nite, should be another 3 pts in the bag..

SevenO9
09-25-2012, 11:17 AM
Yeah. 15/15 pts looks promissing so far (including CL). But after last season my hopes aint to high. We will propably ruin it again on the finishing line.

Ragmondino
09-25-2012, 03:22 PM
If you get Chelsea FC again please just annihilate them.
He has done better since he went there but failed miserably in Italy and I'm sure another team who I can't think of. Think I read he had a bad attitude, maybe he has matured at last and he will fulfil all that promise he showed. Liverpool were after him but couldn't agree I believe, think he would do better as the spearhead of the attack at arsenal though.

PC77
09-25-2012, 03:30 PM
He did more or less flop at Ac Milan and more less so with real Madrid, where he obviously get the amount of games he hoped for. A proven international, class act in my eyes.
He'll be wearing Liverpool red by end of January.. With a bit of luck

Coldjoey
09-25-2012, 05:48 PM
Gutted with results tonight, only good result was Villa, M City back to normal form, no consistency . Chelsea was expected. Hammers I'm gutted for, I'll leave explanation to Rag as he was there (Burns is in GWiz's therapy corner)
Everton let the whole of England down looseing to Leeds (I hate Leeds. I may have mentioned this before but it can not be said enough)
I don't know what you guys do in the States, we goad and Bragg if a team looses but, I find that a bit childish, a bit like beating a free player with 20k stats less than you and posting 10-0 on their wall

Ragmondino
09-26-2012, 12:19 AM
We was awful. No atmosphere over there tonight, Lot of backup players and youngsters in the team. Scored with pretty much every shot they had. Worst I've seen us play in a couple of years. We have a young defender, Tomkins who a lot of west ham fans rave about, I'm not convinced though and last night he had a nightmare. Kept losing his man and not winning tackles. Showed he will never be a top quality player in my opinion.
1-4 to Wigan
But onwards and upwards an easy run of games coming up;
QPR
Arsenal
Southampton
Wigan

Ragmondino
09-26-2012, 02:54 PM
Arsenal had a result tonight. They seem to have come alive if they keep this up my prediction may be a bit off.

Dhusagar
09-27-2012, 03:25 AM
I stole the football.

The ref (CC Mark) was AWOL, so there was no intervention there.

The fans got angry and started looting everything!

Just another day in CC!

Ragmondino
10-01-2012, 10:50 AM
Should be a good game tonight. Qpr vs west ham. Hoping for a convincing away win but feel a 1-1 coming.

WestLondon
10-01-2012, 11:15 AM
Should be a good game tonight. Qpr vs west ham. Hoping for a convincing away win but feel a 1-1 coming.

You wish ramondion, your goons get stuffed 3 -0 tonight by us

Ragmondino
10-01-2012, 11:31 AM
You wish ramondion, your goons get stuffed 3 -0 tonight by us

Can't see that happening to be honest. If anything Nolan in the 90th 0-1 to us. Unlucky qpr

Joeycool
10-01-2012, 11:34 AM
Where are you from Rag?

Ragmondino
10-01-2012, 11:36 AM
Born and raised East Ham, East London and now residing in sunny Essex. Currently enjoying a pint in west London before going into the ground.

You mr cool?

Joeycool
10-01-2012, 11:45 AM
Manchester Originally mate.

Residing in Sheffield (for work)

Currently avoiding cleaning duties in the house and watching the build up on Sky Sports.

Ragmondino
10-01-2012, 12:10 PM
I might come up to Sheffield in December, got a gig I want to see and they ain't coming to London.
Oooh mr west London how does that feel??

Joeycool
10-01-2012, 12:31 PM
I might come up to Sheffield in December, got a gig I want to see and they ain't coming to London.
Oooh mr west London how does that feel??

If you want train tickets let me know mate. I'll sort you out.

What band? Where they playing? The Leadmill?

Ragmondino
10-01-2012, 12:57 PM
Cheers bro but ill probably drive and stay in a hotel.
Hed PE, a punk rock band. Go and see them whenever there in England. Playing Corporation I think it is.
It'll be there or Manchester but my mate has friends in Sheffield so may choose there

West London/QPR you may have the right score buddy, just the wrong way round

Dipstik
10-01-2012, 01:31 PM
Can you believe the refs during the packers game were almost as bad as last week? Christ... at least this week they didn't blatantly give it away on the last play.

Burn
10-01-2012, 02:30 PM
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/32215866/Photo%2001-10-2012%2022%2027%2028.jpg

Dipstik
10-01-2012, 02:50 PM
I see the rumors of your demise were exaggerated, burn...

Deluxe
10-01-2012, 02:52 PM
Can you believe the refs during the packers game were almost as bad as last week? Christ... at least this week they didn't blatantly give it away on the last play.

Lucky that blown fumble call on kick off return didnt doom then

Burn
10-01-2012, 02:54 PM
3 days Dips, no complaints, I was naughty boy.

Dipstik
10-01-2012, 02:55 PM
And you didn't evade it? Good man.

No offense, but I didn't even notice you were banned until I saw that "bye bye burn" thread =P

Ragmondino
10-01-2012, 03:06 PM
Well done on not being a d!ck and trying to evade. We did well today. Even with the ref trying his hardest and booking nearly everyone of our players. Great goal from taarabt though.

Coldjoey
10-01-2012, 04:44 PM
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/32215866/Photo%2001-10-2012%2022%2027%2028.jpg
Don't know what's best QPR looseing or your return, either way Bartons goings be pi$$ed tonight.

Dipstik
10-01-2012, 04:58 PM
Who's ready for the epic clash of cutler vs. romo? I know I am! :)

Scorpion.
10-01-2012, 04:59 PM
Bears are gonna win 24-21.

Dipstik
10-01-2012, 05:37 PM
Oh no... Arlington by at least six! See if the bears even get a full game out of ol' weepy.

Scorpion.
10-01-2012, 05:41 PM
If I'm off, it'll only be by a field goal. I predicted the Bengals-Disappointments game to be 24-10 in favor of the Bengals. Final score was 27-10 in favor of the Bengals.

Mikecore
10-01-2012, 05:52 PM
Seeing a scorpion on a football thread, it reminds of rene higuita!

Dipstik
10-01-2012, 07:38 PM
Man... Poor Arlington.

Boy did I misjudge that one. I guess it doesn't matter how much your quarterback sucks when your defense gets two touchdowns.

Ragmondino
10-02-2012, 12:37 AM
Seeing a scorpion on a football thread, it reminds of rene higuita!

Haha that was a quality "save"

Ragmondino
10-02-2012, 12:40 AM
Bears are gonna win 24-21.

Well you got the team right. Score was way out though.

Boom
10-02-2012, 03:28 PM
Wait r we talking about goatskin football? Or real football?

Dipstik
10-02-2012, 03:33 PM
Real football.

Dipstik
10-02-2012, 03:35 PM
Very good, young grasshopper!

Ragmondino
10-12-2012, 10:37 AM
Feeling a big 6-0 win for England tonight. Anything less and we suck

Deluxe
10-12-2012, 10:47 AM
Feeling a big 6-0 win for England tonight. Anything less and we suck

Who they got for tonight's fixture?

Dipstik
10-12-2012, 10:47 AM
Packers squeak one past the Texans, handing them their first loss of the season. 27-24. Overtime or last minute field goal. (/wishful thinking)

Deluxe
10-12-2012, 10:51 AM
Packers squeak one past the Texans, handing them their first loss of the season. 27-24. Overtime or last minute field goal. (/wishful thinking)

What time that game? Id like to see it if i can...

Daniel2115
10-12-2012, 11:00 AM
What time that game? Id like to see it if i can...

Sunday night game. Probably 8-830. If the packers play like they've been playing its gonna be a tough game against texans d especially now that their only decent running backs out.

Dipstik
10-12-2012, 11:03 AM
I'm used to the packers having no running game. They haven't had a premier back since Amahn Green in like 2005. I'm much more worried about their offensive line. For some reason their receivers have been dropping a LOT of passes lately too.

Deluxe
10-12-2012, 11:18 AM
Sunday night game. Probably 8-830. If the packers play like they've been playing its gonna be a tough game against texans d especially now that their only decent running backs out.

Good so should be televised for me on general cable

chbranch
10-12-2012, 11:19 AM
Giants...exploding that fake hype bubble otherwise known as the 49ers. And if we lose...we'll just get em in the playoffs when it matters the most like last year. Damn that felt good last year!

Ragmondino
10-12-2012, 11:27 AM
Who they got for tonight's fixture?

San Marino

Deluxe
10-12-2012, 11:35 AM
San Marino

Yah they better destroy them

Daniel2115
10-12-2012, 12:27 PM
Good so should be televised for me on general cable

Yeah it will be.

Giants...exploding that fake hype bubble otherwise known as the 49ers. And if we lose...we'll just get em in the playoffs when it matters the most like last year. Damn that felt good last year!

If Kyle williams didn't drop TWO punts giants don't even make it to the super bowl.

SevenO9
10-12-2012, 12:30 PM
Yah they better destroy them

Talking bout destruction

Ireland - Germany 0:6

:-)

Ragmondino
10-12-2012, 01:35 PM
Talking bout destruction

Ireland - Germany 0:6

:-)

That score makes me smile. But not as much as Wales 2 - 1 scotland

Dipstik
10-14-2012, 05:43 PM
Packers up by a touchdown already!

mxz
10-14-2012, 08:05 PM
So...Mr. Rogers is having a game, ya?

PawnXIIX
10-14-2012, 08:07 PM
New York Giants wrecking the 49ers what a surprise :p

Dipstik
10-14-2012, 08:08 PM
Christ these injuries are getting ridiculous. Last week it was Jennings, Raji, and Bensen. This week we've seen Perry, Shields, Smith...

Dipstik
10-14-2012, 08:16 PM
So...Mr. Rogers is having a game, ya?

I think he's one touchdown away from ruining one of the greatest pieces of packer trivia of all time. Ten or twenty years from now, NO ONE will remember that the answer to "who holds the record for most touchdowns in one game by a Packer" is "Matt Flynn" :)

Another good one: Who caught Brett Favre's first touchdown pass as a Packer?

iteachem
10-14-2012, 08:22 PM
I think he's one touchdown away from ruining one of the greatest pieces of packer trivia of all time. Ten or twenty years from now, NO ONE will remember that the answer to "who holds the record for most touchdowns in one game by a Packer" is "Matt Flynn" :)

Another good one: Who caught Brett Favre's first touchdown pass as a Packer?

No idea, but you must be enjoying yourself...with the exception of the block just now

Maybe sterling sharp..

Dipstik
10-14-2012, 08:32 PM
The answer is Brett Favre. The pass was tipped, he caught it himself and ran it in. Isn't that a perfect trivia question? :)

Ragmondino
10-17-2012, 08:01 AM
Think England will smash Poland 3-0 now. Even if they delibrately got the game postponed yesterday because lewandolski sp? Wasn't fit. Anyone else watching?

Deluxe
10-17-2012, 08:02 AM
I watched US trash Guatemala last night!! Woo hoo!

Dhusagar
10-17-2012, 08:02 AM
Think England will smash Poland 3-0 now. Even if they delibrately got the game postponed yesterday because lewandolski sp? Wasn't fit. Anyone else watching?

Listening on 5 live - better commentary!

Ragmondino
10-17-2012, 08:19 AM
Sometimes I mute the tv and listen on the radio while watching as the commentarys better.
What was the us score? I really like Michael Bradley, think he would be great in the premiership.

Dipstik
10-17-2012, 08:31 AM
Knowing Soccer, probably 0-0, won on a flopping contest or some such nonsense.

Ragmondino
10-17-2012, 08:42 AM
Knowing Soccer, probably 0-0, won on a flopping contest or some such nonsense.

Then the us wouldn't of "trashed" Guatemala.
But hey ho England are 1-0 up

Dipstik
10-17-2012, 08:46 AM
Yeah, but it WOULD have been a trashing if the french Judge was fair... I think our guy's 360 falling knee grab was worth at least a 9.5.

Ragmondino
10-17-2012, 08:51 AM
The French are never fair. Cheese eating surrender monkeys

Deluxe
10-17-2012, 08:54 AM
Sometimes I mute the tv and listen on the radio while watching as the commentarys better.
What was the us score? I really like Michael Bradley, think he would be great in the premiership.

3-1 after going one down 5' in. Bradley assisted a goal and dempsey had 2 and an assist i think. Dempsey is solid for sure and i think youre right about bradley...

Deluxe
10-17-2012, 08:56 AM
Yeah, but it WOULD have been a trashing if the french Judge was fair... I think our guy's 360 falling knee grab was worth at least a 9.5.

YOU WATCHED!?!? Yah i hate diving and as much as i like clint im glad he got carded for that BS.

Dipstik
10-17-2012, 08:56 AM
Nope, just a lucky guess.

Deluxe
10-17-2012, 09:04 AM
Nope, just a lucky guess.

You are just trying to avoid too much of an embrace by me ;)

Ragmondino
10-17-2012, 09:09 AM
Haha big group hug for dippys football watching :@)
Donovan and Dempsey are both very good solid players but I think Bradley will be the best. Especially as he is getting experiance in a lot of different leagues. The German would of taught him a lot and now he is in serie a his game can come on leaps and bounds.

Ragmondino
10-17-2012, 11:21 AM
Well that was a crock of sh!t

Dhusagar
10-17-2012, 11:25 AM
Well that was a crock of sh!t

+1................

Gambit12
10-17-2012, 09:57 PM
Go Pats Go..!!

Tissues
10-19-2012, 03:50 AM
http://i1166.photobucket.com/albums/q601/Yiddokid/3146E1F2-ECED-469A-A8BA-127F54A92634-12693-000009A86C5A84C4.jpg

Ragmondino
10-20-2012, 06:16 AM
West ham playing the saints today. Our defence isn't looking to great so going 2-2, think Nolan will score both.

Ragmondino
10-20-2012, 06:19 AM
http://i1166.photobucket.com/albums/q601/Yiddokid/3146E1F2-ECED-469A-A8BA-127F54A92634-12693-000009A86C5A84C4.jpg

I still think Ronaldo is the better player, and messi is a drug cheat. Had two years out of football for hgh treatment, which if he did while playing would be a ban. But as he did it in his time away it's ok, even though the effects will last forever on his body. A bigger drug cheat than maradona.

Boom
10-20-2012, 01:02 PM
Bears v Lions 41-0

Ragmondino
10-20-2012, 01:23 PM
Ahhhh how wrong I was. A big 4-1 win for the mighty hammers pushing us up to 6th I believe

SevenO9
10-20-2012, 01:35 PM
Had a good day as well. We won 5:0 against Düsseldorf. Thats the 8 win out of 8 matches this season. New league record.

Ragmondino
10-20-2012, 02:43 PM
That's pretty impressive stuff. Scored a lot if goals along the way?

SevenO9
10-20-2012, 11:51 PM
26 : 2 goals this season so far. No complaining, but its too early, we can still ruin it :-)

Ragmondino
10-21-2012, 02:30 AM
Has any of the other teams started well? I like your team, last few years at least played very good attacking fast football

SevenO9
10-21-2012, 03:33 AM
This season started pretty weird. Dortmund, the current champion had a slow start and is 12 points behind. The only team currently competing with Bayern München is Frankfurt and they just relegated from the second league. Everyone is simply suprised that they are still at second spot, guess themselfs the most.

Well, we are playing against Frankfurt on November 11th and then we will see how good they really are. Things look good for my team this season, but theres lot of time left. And one of the big questions for me is whos going to be our new coach next season. Heynckes is doing a good job but will retire after the season. There aren't too many top coaches available at the moment.

WestLondon
10-21-2012, 05:39 AM
We got Everton today mate, I've got my fingers cross but I can't see us getting anything and can see Hughes getting the elbow pretty soon, who you lads got today?

Ragmondino
10-21-2012, 04:02 PM
We played Southampton yesterday, got a 4-1 win. Flying high but it's not gonna last. 1-1 against them not a bad result for you boys at all. There flying high at the minute and there was definitely a few chances at the end where you could of won it.

WestLondon
10-21-2012, 04:12 PM
True mate, we should of had a pen for the holiet challenge, you guys we stay up this year you look decent team

nugg
10-21-2012, 04:12 PM
Go Broncos!!!