PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else having problems with iOS6?

Carlos,
09-21-2012, 10:02 PM
Seems like every app is crashing constantly and for no reason at all. Am I the only one having these problems? I'm using iPod 4th gen.

TruthHurts
09-21-2012, 10:36 PM
No problems on iPad2, as of yet...

Except I lost my YouTube app.😢

PawnXIIX
09-21-2012, 11:00 PM
Seems like every app is crashing constantly and for no reason at all. Am I the only one having these problems? I'm using iPod 4th gen.

No the app just crashes for everyone literally constantly. Every rob I have to hold my breath because i'm not sure if it's going to crash or not before the success menu comes up and i'm out a good amount of money.

TonySpaghetti
09-21-2012, 11:06 PM
Biggest problem I'm having is linking my iPad 2 to my iPhone 4 via the iPhone's personal hotspot. It used to work well and now it doesn't work at all. I think the problem is on the iPad side since I can't connect with my atrix's hotspot either.

foxtrekker
09-21-2012, 11:11 PM
Yes.
There are some issues with IOS 6 on ipod 4G. There are some threads in the apple support forums on it.
The solutions there showing are these:
Do a reset all settings in Settings/General/reset on your device. This will put you on default settings but should save your apps. If this doesn't help you you can try:

Do a restore with itunes. You can backup with this and then restore your device back to a freshly updated ios6, or restore it like its a new device, and then install your backed up apps manually. The second way would be better because you could then only select the apps you really need and maybe find the ones that crash.
These may or may not help you. You may lose some app data doing these!!
I did the restore back to a new ipod, then installed only what i needed back.
The only app that was crashing on me was the app store tho, go figure. Probably depends on your apps.
Strangely enough, ios6 seems to have all but eliminated my crashing on CRIME CITY, as before the update i was crashing constantly!!
Good luck.

AppleMacGuy
09-22-2012, 03:39 AM
No problems on iPad2, as of yet...

Except I lost my YouTube app.

Download it from iTunes:
http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/youtube/id544007664?mt=8

Mikecore
09-22-2012, 03:59 AM
Download it from iTunes:
http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/youtube/id544007664?mt=8

Same problem here! Thanks applemacguy! I just downloaded it!

Bea
09-22-2012, 04:27 AM
Timer++ has been crashing for me since updating. The 3 games have been stable though.

Carlos,
09-22-2012, 07:36 AM
Yes.
There are some issues with IOS 6 on ipod 4G. There are some threads in the apple support forums on it.
The solutions there showing are these:
Do a reset all settings in Settings/General/reset on your device. This will put you on default settings but should save your apps. If this doesn't help you you can try:

Do a restore with itunes. You can backup with this and then restore your device back to a freshly updated ios6, or restore it like its a new device, and then install your backed up apps manually. The second way would be better because you could then only select the apps you really need and maybe find the ones that crash.
These may or may not help you. You may lose some app data doing these!!
I did the restore back to a new ipod, then installed only what i needed back.
The only app that was crashing on me was the app store tho, go figure. Probably depends on your apps.
Strangely enough, ios6 seems to have all but eliminated my crashing on CRIME CITY, as before the update i was crashing constantly!!
Good luck.

Did this, and it seems to have fixed my crashing problems, thanks!

boardgames rule
09-22-2012, 08:09 AM
I havent had any crashes with Crime city and Modern war almost never ccrashes and KA is tons better at not crashing. The app store crashed alot for the first 2 days but now not that much i must be lucky