PDA

View Full Version : Restoring iPad question

Euchred
09-21-2012, 12:39 PM
If I restore my iPad my Crime City game will still be on it when I redownload it correct? i might transfer it to my touch to be safe anyway.

Dudebot121256
09-21-2012, 12:42 PM
I've had to re-install my game due to it getting deleted somehow and nothing changed about it. Also, I read somewhere all information is kept on the servers so you can delete the game and still have the data when you download it. However, you should transfer it just in-case.

mxz
09-21-2012, 12:44 PM
You'll be fine. The servers use a number from your hardware (UDID), which doesn't change, to load your game.

You can fake the number, but unless you're actively trying to do that, it cannot change no matter if you update to iOS6 or restore.

mxz
09-21-2012, 12:47 PM
There's another discussion about whether this is a good thing or a bad thing since (A) it can be faked and someone could steal your account (B) aggregated across apps, it makes you personally identifiable (C) if you lose the device you have to contact support or fake the old UDID to use the account. (Unless you planned on losing it, in which case you could theoretically transfer)

Euchred
09-21-2012, 12:58 PM
Thanks mxz I thought I'd be fine, It's people getting rid of there games that usually have the problem lol.

I'm still rocking an early iPad 2 iOS4 jailbreak and I want to take the plunge into iOS6 even if there isn't an Ipad 2 jailbreak for it as of now.

Good info though makes me want to write down and store my udids somewhere safe.

Olly1
09-21-2012, 01:31 PM
Good info though makes me want to write down and store my udids somewhere safe.

You'll find those on any email you sent to support through the game if it helps for future reference. About to take the plunge to iPhone 5 and will just be using a past email to help with the switch

Euchred
09-21-2012, 01:36 PM
You'll find those on any email you sent to support through the game if it helps for future reference. About to take the plunge to iPhone 5 and will just be using a past email to help with the switch

Ok thanks, Me and my brother went this morning to get him a 5. He used the ingame transfer button for crime city and kingdom it worked perfect.

Olly1
09-21-2012, 01:38 PM
Ok thanks, Me and my brother went this morning to get him a 5. He used the ingame transfer button for crime city and kingdom it worked perfect.

Jealous. I couldn't face the 4 hour ques so I'm having to wait a little longer to get it. Hopefully it will be as easy as your bro found it, but have the email as the back up plan

Ps, I'm downloading ios6 on my iPad right now....

Euchred
09-21-2012, 02:17 PM
Jealous. I couldn't face the 4 hour ques so I'm having to wait a little longer to get it. Hopefully it will be as easy as your bro found it, but have the email as the back up plan

Ps, I'm downloading ios6 on my iPad right now....

Cool I'm kinda jonesing to try it out. I live in a small town so the lines weren't that long but a certain cell phone provider in Canada decided that it's systems would crash this morning and everything had to be done by phone. Nothing quite like waiting on hold for hours at a time.

They said they got 13 in I would imagine they'd sell them all by the end of today. It was pretty funny watching one guy rage quit and storm out of the store saying that he was canceling his plan after he waited 3 hours only to be told he had to pay an early upgrade fee.

Paulio
09-21-2012, 02:21 PM
What are the benefits of iOS 6?

I'm also running a jailbreak iOS 4 on my iPad 2. The jailbreak is pretty useless to me since I don't know what the hell I'm doing with electronics anyway, lol. Somebody told me I should do it, so I did. The only thing I noticed was that the free version of Pandora no longer plays ads and my iTunes music doesn't work.

Euchred
09-21-2012, 02:26 PM
I honestly don't know what's going to be different. I'm upgrading because I want something new and to test it before I do it on my phone. I didn't really use the jailbreak that much mostly for aesthetic stuff and a few apps.

AFed
09-21-2012, 02:36 PM
iOS6 has had several problems so far. The Maps feature is inferior to google maps (and the turn-by-turn doesn't always work), plus there have been issues with WiFi connectivity, which is something I noticed on my own iPad and something that has been reported by other groups including ArsTechnica and MacRumors.