PDA

View Full Version : I must be cheating my defense has tripled overnight

iteachem
09-21-2012, 11:17 AM
Check out my defense.... Compare the two screen shots. One is my profile from me and one is my profile view from a rival...makes you wonder how reliable what you see when you attack a rival really is..

Any thoughts?

First pic from my rival

http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv100/iteachemscience/e9a5745df30bd2b9ca23acdbb90cd401_zps2302b59c.jpg

From my iPad

http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv100/iteachemscience/profile_zps79ab0b80.jpg

Chester78
09-21-2012, 11:21 AM
Why does the first picture look like you have Harry Potter font? Are you a teacher at Hogwart's school of magic and wizardry?? Are you using spells to increase your stats?

Joaquim Jose
09-21-2012, 11:24 AM
Photoshop.

iteachem
09-21-2012, 11:25 AM
Why does the first picture look like you have Harry Potter font? Are you a teacher at Hogwart's school of magic and wizardry?? Are you using spells to increase your stats?

Sent to me by my rival so not sure why

iteachem
09-21-2012, 11:26 AM
Photoshop.

With all due respect keep out of my thread you troll everything just stop

kitzune
09-21-2012, 11:33 AM
Makes you wonder what the rob or attack results screen showed at the time.

Olly1
09-21-2012, 11:34 AM
That font is really strange. Are you on ios? Whether this has any relevance or not I'm not sure, but what platform is he on? Can you get someone in your mafia/rival list to screen shot your profile too?

sexkitteh
09-21-2012, 11:36 AM
With all due respect keep out of my thread you troll everything just stop

Well... in this case... I think I'm going to go with joaquims answer... it's been clearly altered...

I'm not sure what your "rivals" angle is here...

fuzzy
09-21-2012, 11:37 AM
Just found you will attack and post...

---------------------
Changed my mind. Email sent to you with the attack screen as an attachment.
----------------------

PS to all the forum members that think the rival alter the screen shot I doubt it. Yes iteachem may be in battle with him and have different views on the ethics of the game but if the rival did that, they now slipped really to an all time low.

TruthHurts
09-21-2012, 11:39 AM
I've seen the font change before from another players screenshots. When asked about it, it was explained away as changing the font in their device settings, not photoshop.

Bytafont, or something like that...

sexkitteh
09-21-2012, 11:42 AM
I've seen the font change before from another players screenshots. When asked about it, it was explained away as changing the font in their device settings, not photoshop.

Oh... That makes sense too... cause that would be a perfect photoshop... what is weird too, the income per hour is lower in the newer pic and the attack is lower in the old... did you also sell an income building?

Chester78
09-21-2012, 11:42 AM
Sent to me by my rival so not sure why

I notice you didn't deny being a teacher at Hogwart's, Professor iteachem. Do you teach at Griffindor? Are you any good at Quidditch? Can we see a picture of your wand? What spell do you use to change font? Is it "leviosa"?

fuzzy
09-21-2012, 11:43 AM
Maybe the player was using an old version of the game (maybe multi click version) and its missing info from current game data?

Paulio
09-21-2012, 11:44 AM
Chesty, you wanna see a picture of his wand? Gross ...

iteachem
09-21-2012, 11:50 AM
Oh... That makes sense too... cause that would be a perfect photoshop... what is weird too, the income per hour is lower in the newer pic and the attack is lower in the old... did you also sell an income building?

I did buy explosives to go after the boss so my iPad photo is the latest from today. As far as selling buildings...yup have sold a few 1 hour buildings to make room for more of the 12s (office buildings)

iteachem
09-21-2012, 11:51 AM
I notice you didn't deny being a teacher at Hogwart's, Professor iteachem. Do you teach at Griffindor? Are you any good at Quidditch? Can we see a picture of your wand? What spell do you use to change font? Is it "leviosa"?

Not a Harry potter fan.. Orson Scott Card is more my style

Paulio
09-21-2012, 11:52 AM
Teach, was the screen shot that Fuzzy sent consistent with the one that the other player sent?

iteachem
09-21-2012, 11:53 AM
As an additional piece of info, the rival was able to rob and attack me even though this defense was also more than double his..so pretty sure it didn't factor into the attack rob..

Currently asking him to attack me and will try to get a screen of the battle screen

fuzzy
09-21-2012, 11:55 AM
Teach, was the screen shot that Fuzzy sent consistent with the one that the other player sent?

No it was much closer to his profile. Of course the defense was false but everyone is a little lower due to defense buildings

iteachem
09-21-2012, 11:55 AM

Fuzzys screen showed my defense as 39850

iteachem
09-21-2012, 11:56 AM
Fuzzy gave permission to post this

http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv100/iteachemscience/cf9d5797d00bde057b02c25ba25d4645_zps5d17fe65.jpg

Burn
09-21-2012, 12:00 PM
Are you thinking the other dude is going to try and set you up, or dirty ur rep?

iteachem
09-21-2012, 12:02 PM
Are you thinking the other dude is going to try and set you up, or dirty ur rep?

No or he wouldn't have sent me the capture...If that was the case it would have been posted on here before I knew about it.

Dravak
09-21-2012, 12:05 PM
tell your rival to delete and reinstall the game ,
Don't see anything wrong with your stats , just visited your hood .

But nothing wrong with your stat , must be on his or her end , so too bad for him or her .
Probaly data corruption on there end .

sez
09-21-2012, 12:09 PM
something is off for sure. I had a friend check on my player while I was off the game for a bit and he sent me this pic.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b321/adamsez24/ccme1_zpsfc1dd84e.png

But this is what I see, I've also gotten a few more rare boss items and RP weapons. When he took his pic it was a much bigger gap.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b321/adamsez24/ccme2_zps4b2c0efd.png

Olly1
09-21-2012, 12:22 PM
If he's running on an old data set it can make him see lower stats but that doesn't really explain the vastly raised def. Can only guess his data is either corrupt or has been altered. Fuzzy clearly isn't seeing it so the issue is with him and not you/fuzzy

Would be interesting to get more people to check, teach, to see if it's happening on a wider scale

Dravak
09-21-2012, 12:28 PM
I think a forced update is in order , solves all the issues , not current version , can't play .
Enough addicts willing to uninstall and reinstall , if they can't log in .

SevenO9
09-21-2012, 12:30 PM
Never mind. Had a blond moment ....

Dravak
09-21-2012, 12:33 PM
I wanted to say photoshop too , but those look like KA info ... so maybe KA files corrupting his CC files .

Chester78
09-21-2012, 12:50 PM
Not a Harry potter fan.. Orson Scott Card is more my style

So you're Voldemort?

mnju_03
09-21-2012, 12:51 PM
Never mind. Had a blond moment ....

Welcome to my world!

Dudebot121256
09-21-2012, 12:55 PM
I see this 99% of the time. Whenever I battle someone, their defense is 200-300 levels lower than what their profile says.

SevenO9
09-21-2012, 12:59 PM
You clearly see the difference between those 200 - 300 you observed (propably cause by def buildings > level 1) and what the OP posted?

G Wiz
09-21-2012, 01:01 PM
Hey guys,

Alright its me again. First the pic was sent from me to teach. The font is some kind of weird font I chose because I lost my original one trying to update.

Yes that means the phone is jailbroken, but at the time of the ios 4 release, it was the only way I can use a carrier outside the US.

I can guarantee it is not altered and was taken on the most recent version of CC. Figured I'd send it to teach first to keep things respectful.

SevenO9
09-21-2012, 01:08 PM
To quote the great Tom Waits: The iPhone, has been drinking, not me.

TruthHurts
09-21-2012, 01:08 PM
Yes that means the phone is jailbroken

This speaks volumes...

G Wiz
09-21-2012, 01:11 PM
This speaks volumes...Your ability to see pass the rest of the paragraph speaks relatively louder.

Jailbreaking does not allow me any other rights than you guy.

sez
09-21-2012, 01:14 PM
Your inability to see past the rest of the paragraph speaks relatively louder.

Don't bother G, I had a reply typed up that Jailbreaking provides no advantage but I hit cancel. It would be sweet though if you jailbroke a device and just like magic you recived 500,000 gold and all the best items in the game!!

Plenty of people on this forum have jailbroke devices and get thanked for it!!! you get accused, whatever.

DBM 2IC
09-21-2012, 01:15 PM
Check out my defense.... Compare the two screen shots. One is my profile from me and one is my profile view from a rival...makes you wonder how reliable what you see when you attack a rival really is..

Any thoughts?

First pic from my rival

http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv100/iteachemscience/e9a5745df30bd2b9ca23acdbb90cd401_zps2302b59c.jpg

From my iPad

http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv100/iteachemscience/profile_zps79ab0b80.jpg

I always seen your stats like the bottom one

Olly1
09-21-2012, 01:17 PM
Simply jail breaking a phone won't cause data issues, only if you start fudging the files, so we know it's not that

Wiz, were you using an older version of cc at some point (that multi-click version, I think I remember you mentioning something on that thread) or have you always been up-to-date through the app store

Actually, didn't you used to delete and re-install regularly?

Before anyone pipes up, no, I'm not suggesting cheating.

mnju_03
09-21-2012, 01:18 PM
I want 500,000 gold!!!!!!

TruthHurts
09-21-2012, 01:22 PM
Your ability to see pass the rest of the paragraph speaks relatively louder.

I don't see "pass" the rest of the paragraph. I know jail breaking has no effect NOW, but ios3 and ios4...

TonySpaghetti
09-21-2012, 01:22 PM
You just scored the best gold of all today. Don't get GREEdy. :)

iteachem
09-21-2012, 02:34 PM
Simply jail breaking a phone won't cause data issues, only if you start fudging the files, so we know it's not that

Wiz, were you using an older version of cc at some point (that multi-click version, I think I remember you mentioning something on that thread) or have you always been up-to-date through the app store

Before anyone pipes up, no, I'm not suggesting cheating.

To follow up on this .... I only posted this because of how easily something can make it appear that I was cheating. Thi had nothing to do with my rival, but more with the way the data is presented to a rival....My thread topic was intended essentailly draw attention to how quickly something can look way wrong with that how easily I could be reported to gree, when based on the additional screens that is not the case..

Whether it is a game version issue or some other it speaks to the need to clean up some aspects of the game..

Olly1
09-21-2012, 02:39 PM
Yeah I got that, but I'm just curious as to why a rival could see such a wacky stats page. Ie is it a fault server side or client side; either option still being a game build issue but I wasn't sure if a game version etc could be a factor

Just to make it clear in case I'm sounding confusing, I wasn't suggesting either of you we're cheating, I'm only looking at it from a technical side

G Wiz
09-21-2012, 02:39 PM

Before anyone pipes up, no, I'm not suggesting cheating.Oh yea i did the uninstall, re-install to increase my scratcher odds. When I got that 100 mil, it was during that so naturally I figured *golden method* :P

Olly1
09-21-2012, 02:44 PM
Yeah that was it. I've reinstalled the game before and when the game first loads my stats were lower than they should have been. Next time I go in to the game the stats are back to normal. So this suggests loading the app does a call to the sever for data updates that don't load on first run. My long-winded question is; could the install and uninstalling made a little glitch as the files haven't loaded properly. Thinking about it more its pretty unlikely as you would have noticed other players with similar discrepancies. Mxz will be along shortly with better ideas!

Deluxe
09-21-2012, 02:47 PM
Nobody is safe...the wrong set of eyes could really stir some sh*t up for an unsuspecting player...

G Wiz
09-21-2012, 02:53 PM
We all had that experience before...in or out of game!

Deluxe
09-21-2012, 03:00 PM
We all had that experience before...in or out of game!

Did you just grab my a s s?

Dravak
09-21-2012, 03:22 PM
G wiz , calm down bro , look once you start to suspect itechem from cheating , it means you are taking the rivalry a bit too serious , honestly him and fuzzy are more willing to quit then cheat .

Don't get caught into that trap , look it happens , but unless really concrete proof . probaly your older version was loading all his defense value from the turrets and buildings , and representing them as it should old value .

sorry just use the latest version , honestly am a bit tired of so many version running around .
Some older version the holes aren't even sealed yet , let everybody play the same version with multiclick enabled .
So solves all the issues with cheats and hacks etc , sorry if multiclick is allowed then it should be in this current version , if it is not allowed then disable it , this is what I call double moral standards , forcing people to load up older versions , just for multiclick .

Deluxe
09-21-2012, 03:29 PM
I dont think he suspected him or why would he share the image and not take it straight to the forum to call him out...bit backwards there dravak

iteachem
09-21-2012, 03:37 PM
Just to make it clear in case I'm sounding confusing, I wasn't suggesting either of you we're cheating, I'm only looking at it from a technical side

I didn't read your post as accusing anyone, just quoted this one because you were bringing up versions which may be some of the issue in the mistaken stats

G Wiz
09-21-2012, 03:43 PM
G wiz , calm down bro , look once you start to suspect itechem from cheating , it means you are taking the rivalry a bit too serious , honestly him and fuzzy are more willing to quit then cheat .

Don't get caught into that trap , look it happens , but unless really concrete proof . probaly your older version was loading all his defense value from the turrets and buildings , and representing them as it should old value .

sorry just use the latest version , honestly am a bit tired of so many version running around .
Some older version the holes aren't even sealed yet , let everybody play the same version with multiclick enabled .
So solves all the issues with cheats and hacks etc , sorry if multiclick is allowed then it should be in this current version , if it is not allowed then disable it , this is what I call double moral standards , forcing people to load up older versions , just for multiclick .Oh no man not accusing those dudes at all. Never accused anyone before, as I know what that stuff is like...

G Wiz
09-21-2012, 03:44 PM
Did you just grab my a s s?Depends...how would you rate this experience?

Olly1
09-21-2012, 03:45 PM
I didn't read your post as accusing anyone, just quoted this one because you were bringing up versions which may be some of the issue in the mistaken stats

Cool, understood. This thread is going a little side ways with this cheating chat! I'll try to bring it back on topic! -
Yeah there are some bugs around for sure. I wonder how many others are seeing these dodgy stats!

Phew, saved that one.

iteachem
09-21-2012, 03:47 PM
In no way did I suspect that wiz was calling me a cheat !!!! He was very gracious to notify me of some data that looked interesting and forwarded me a screen after I requested it. I purposely kept his name out of my initial posts to keep this discussion relative to the data, not the player. On my wall his post wasn't even close to indicating I was cheating...

Looks folks I have gone after cheaters since I began this game, but the problem I am seeing is the data we see isn't always accurate and now that presents issues. That's why I started this thread. If I look like a cheater, who else is being called out unfairly.

I don't feel like I can confidently determine who is cheating anymore because who knows if what i am seeing is accurate or just a data glitch from different versions reading data differently.

Dravak
09-21-2012, 03:50 PM
I dont think he suspected him or why would he share the image and not take it straight to the forum to call him out...bit backwards there dravak

Look problem with this game and rivalry , is that people take the game a bit too serious lmao .
I know Gwiz is a good guy , history or not , he is a good guy .
But think he is taking this a bit too serious , even mailing Iteachem the screenshot , sorry Deluxe think people need to chill down a bit , and remember this is a game for fun , especially if you are having fun doing rivalries .
I should post all the crap people posted on my wall , when I was playing alex .

It is getting ridiculous when cheaters with hacked inventory , accuse you of being a bigger cheat and they are legit ;)
With max expansions and 7 buildings building at once ... they dare to accuse others of cheating ?
Come on if cheaters dare to say that , I don't know what is wrong with the people today .

Sorry no disrespect to Gwiz or iteachem , both of them are good chaps , remember it is a game .
And yeah Gwiz , never ever accused Gwiz of ever hacking his 100 million ...
why would somebody going trough all the troubles of 100 million , when all those damn cheaters run around with billions .

G Wiz
09-21-2012, 03:56 PM
Dravak Your uniqueness is very unique friend :)

But I feel where teach is coming from. We have seen this game grow from a seed to what it is now. We enjoy it and to secure that joy, we sometimes take on a lot more than we should as gamers often times just to protect it.

Pitty this game is better than its management though...this is why we are here talking about this stuff.

Dravak
09-21-2012, 03:57 PM
No am not accussing any of you two of cheating , but the problem is that Gree really need to fix the version difference.
Sorry you now know what your defence would have been if they didn't nerf the defense buildings .
the nerf to those buildings was cause nobody would have been able to rob or even attack eachother .
Making the game extremly dull ... G wiz game was probaly calculating the old values of those buildings ,
Representing your defense value . on his version .

dudeman
09-21-2012, 04:00 PM
I don't feel like I can confidently determine who is cheating anymore because who knows if what i am seeing is accurate or just a data glitch from different versions reading data differently.

This is almost the exact reason why I stopped reporting suspected cheaters. It's almost impossible to tell if cheating has taken place or if someone is experiencing a bug, either you or the other player.

In the most obvious cases of cheating (RP hacks and such) I don't report them and they disappear anyways, so I feel that reporting them is not only unnecessary but is also a waste of time for both support and myself.

I wonder if we would see faster turnaround times for tickets if people just ignored cheaters altogether and let GREE take care of them. If it were my job to go through support tickets I would get so annoyed with having to investigate thousands of false cheat reports.

Deluxe
09-21-2012, 04:00 PM
Depends...how would you rate this experience?

5 stars, true story

Burn
09-21-2012, 04:29 PM
If it was G-Wiz that saw the suspect numbers, then the problem is perhaps at G's end - with months of uninstalling and reinstalling, switching between an old archived version, and a variety of variously bugged newer versions, god only knows what kind of state his 'local' game data is in. Mystery over.

By the way, that isn't any kind of slur or accusation, just saying it is entirely feasible that G's ations 'might' have created his very own set of unique peculiarities and bugs.