PDA

View Full Version : Scared Player or Good Strategy?

Dr BoneCrusher
09-21-2012, 05:51 AM
Well I was wondering, if a player with a lot of buildings stop collecting them after they are robbed, is using a good strategy or is Just a Scared Player?
Now I can understand, no one likes to get robbed, but why have buildings then. If you can't handle the pressures of the game just quit, or sell all of your buildings and become another WEAK PLAYER!

This is for all disillusioned Players

A Strategy of Admitting Defeat Just Means You Are Defeated!

Plenty of players around here Bragging about how many wins they have, Really?

The day you sold all of your Buildings is they day you Lost This Game!

All of the so called wins after that, is just a halve Hearted Attempt to convince yourself you didn't Give Up!

Dipstik
09-21-2012, 05:55 AM
To say there are people who "lose" this game is to imply you can "win".

Bala82
09-21-2012, 06:06 AM
They might be a reason why stop collecting they lost their phone or just out of range

Thanos
09-21-2012, 06:15 AM
Sounds like they are not a daily player. Or not anymore. Maybe they got tired of getting robbed and deleted the game. Then their buildings would never collect.

Dr BoneCrusher
09-21-2012, 06:21 AM
No, they are still playing. Return attacks and buys bombs lost attacking.

Thanos
09-21-2012, 06:24 AM
Hahahaha That doesn't sound right to me then. Whatever floats their boat.

Dipstik
09-21-2012, 06:25 AM
Well, my attitude about this game is similar to real life... The one who wins is the one with the most money. If they think they can do that without money buildings, more power to them.

fuzzy
09-21-2012, 06:32 AM
I'm in a current battle with a player right now that only collects his 6,8,12,24 and 48 hour buildings.

His 1 hour and 3 hours he leaves robbed. Other wise I believe it would cost him to much in land mines.

So why not sell them instead of just leaving them robbed? Because he has a big head about his IPH and it would hurt that number. False number just like LM.

Euchred
09-21-2012, 06:34 AM
Lol I plan to do this with my PT and collection agency after they're level 10

I just won't want to collect 8s anymore and at that point I won't need the money they provide so I'll leave them for the IPH stat.

Thanos
09-21-2012, 06:37 AM
There seems to be many ways to win. Someone might be going for most losses!
Free players need to understand that there is no competing with pay players. Not a chance.
However, I've noticed cheaters like to burn pay players. And pay players battle each other more out of respect.
Free players are food for pay players. Free players prey on weaker free players. Lol
Nice ladder work.
I've seen many different builds, like the lvl 10 with 1 $$$building and all equipment and defense killin it.
And the - every building under the sun and weak and meek.

mxz
09-21-2012, 06:50 AM
Just leaving them for the IPH stat, what's wrong with that?

Dr BoneCrusher
09-21-2012, 06:58 AM
I'm sorry I am making two points in this thread. First does any one think it's a good strategy not to collect robbed buildings to save them from being robbed.

Second, their is a so called Elite crew in this game who think Think A Strategy of Defeat is a "Winning Strategy" and would like to see comments on such Strategy.

TRAZ
09-21-2012, 07:05 AM
LOL....I leave buildings robbed frequently when battling other players. They get soooo cranky because they collect theirs and I just keep robbing them.

Dr BoneCrusher
09-21-2012, 07:06 AM
LOL....I leave buildings robbed frequently when battling other players. They get soooo cranky because they collect theirs and I just keep robbing them.

Good point...

Carlos,
09-21-2012, 07:16 AM
It's a good strategy in my opinion. It:

1. Irritates your rival.
2. Protects your explosives.
3. Irritates your rival.
4. It's a good defensive tactic if you want a stronger rival to back off and move on.
5. Irritates your rival.

Babytway
09-21-2012, 07:24 AM
Now this is a thread i can relate too. i have encountered many players invoking this so called strategy against me. when i usually have it out for a player which is all the time. after a few relentless robbings and i have there buildings clocked to the exact collection time, i notice they just stop collecting and leave them robbed. you can always tell because i will usually leave a low paying building with that option of a third rob for a 1$ it still has the money sign like its able to be robbed but i know its only 1$ thats when i know they stopped collecting. and YES it irritates me. but that just lets me know that i won lol.

Dr BoneCrusher
09-21-2012, 07:27 AM
Now this is a thread i can relate too. i have encountered many players invoking this so called strategy against me. when i usually have it out for a player which is all the time. after a few relentless robbings and i have there buildings clocked to the exact collection time, i notice they just stop collecting and leave them robbed. you can always tell because i will usually leave a low paying building with that option of a third rob for a 1$ it still has the money sign like its able to be robbed but i know its only 1$ thats when i know they stopped collecting. and YES it irritates me. but that just lets me know that i won lol.

+1...............

Thanos
09-21-2012, 07:30 AM
I have to say, I learn something new everyday.

Jack Bauer 24
09-21-2012, 07:31 AM
Sometimes I leave buildings uncollected for a couple days after they get robbed, so I don't have to shoulder the burden of collecting on time. It's like a vacation from my addiction. I left them uncollected for a week a couple weeks ago when my kitchen burned down. Best week of my life, aside from my kitchen burning. ---just kidding about the best week part

Deluxe
09-21-2012, 09:10 AM
I think it is two-sided...yes it is a good strategy insomuch as not allowing you to rob him, plain and simple. On the other side, it is cowardly and a clear admission of defeat/inability to protect their investments. So, despite the fact that it is annoying, it really illustrates that player as having their tail between their legs, unable to take the continued beatings or beat you to the punch...

Just a guess...this wouldnt be our good friend eagle eye eddie employing such cowardly tactics, would it?

Olly1
09-21-2012, 09:27 AM
Hmm I don't think it's a cowardly tactic. I've never done it personally and I'm sure I'd be pretty miffed if I found someone doing it but I think it's actually quite clever

Let's say you're in a stand off with someone and you both rob each other often. Your opponent leaves his buildings robbed, and keeps robbing you. There's not a great deal you can do about that, unless you employ the same tactic. So what options does that leave you with otherwise? - stop trying to rob, because you're now not gaining anything and staying on his news feed will cost you a whole lot more. When (/if) you back down I would say the person leaving their buildings uncollected has won, and you've been defeated.

Edit, in my opinion:
Cowardly = leaving buildings robbed and not fighting back
Not cowardly = leaving buildings robbed and DOES fight back

Dr BoneCrusher
09-21-2012, 09:28 AM
I think it is two-sided...yes it is a good strategy insomuch as not allowing you to rob him, plain and simple. On the other side, it is cowardly and a clear admission of defeat/inability to protect their investments. So, despite the fact that it is annoying, it really illustrates that player as having their tail between their legs, unable to take the continued beatings or beat you to the punch...

Just a guess...this wouldnt be our good friend eagle eye eddie employing such cowardly tactics, would it?

Truth be told, I don't like to call players out on the Forum, but I will say the player has 20/20 vision.

Burn
09-21-2012, 09:38 AM
A 'good' strategy, that ticks all of the boxes in terms of making money, building economy, and reducing the risk of the psychological hurt of getting robbed by a rival, is to only have buildings you can collect on 100% of the time -12/24/48

I deleted everything outside of those times months ago.

Two collections a day and I'm Golden. I've got 15000 robs won, lost 200 - and most of that 200 were from back when I had a wider selection of 3/6/8/18 hour collections.

I hate getting robbed, unless it is to synch, because that indicates tardiness and slackness on my part.

Perceived wisdom seems to be that Nightclubs, even if they get robbed twice daily, are still worth having - personally I have never built one, nor will I, because I don't want my rivals getting sh!t from me.

I rob you, you don't rob me.

Burn
09-21-2012, 09:49 AM
Also I don't buy the 'admission of failure' thing, but that was discussed, with OP, just a day or two ago, so OP has an agenda and is trying to score points.

aka He isn't asking for input, he is hoping ur input will aid his attempt at causing embarassment to people that are mentally too strong, and well past caring. Exercise in futility from that perspective.

However, to repeat what was said the other day... If a player is all about outgoing attack, doesn't want to be a clock slave, so deletes buildings in order to have a 'pick up, play, walk away' playing style, that's cool.

I might well get to the point where my 12s go in the bin, only the Rocks pay significantly. And one collection a day has definite appeal.

That it frustrates opponents is all good too. At higher levels, particularly if involved in a mob war where you are being specifically targetted by a whole group of rivals, that psychological edge is a victory in itself.

Also, imo, anyone outside of the shark tank really has no right to judge, the game changes fairly dramatically, you might have been a flat track bully, full of big ideas and swagger before you got there - give it a week, the swagger will be gone, guaranteed.

But personally, for now, I like that my buildings are nice, and you can't get them ;)

(To be fair, DevilDog caught me a couple of times, good for him - lord knows he needed the money, his hood sucks) ;)

sexkitteh
09-21-2012, 09:59 AM
@Op

I didn't read everything - but if he's in a war with you, it may also be a good strategy to do that and a big F'U just to piss you off... and it seems like its working

Deluxe
09-21-2012, 10:04 AM
Also I don't buy the 'admission of failure' thing, but that was discussed, with OP, just a day or two ago, so OP has an agenda and is trying to score points.

aka He isn't asking for input, he is hoping ur input will aid his attempt at causing embarassment to people that are mentally too strong, and well past caring. Exercise in futility from that perspective.

However, to repeat what was said the other day... If a player is all about outgoing attack, doesn't want to be a clock slave, so deletes buildings in order to have a 'pick up, play, walk away' playing style, that's cool.

I might well get to the point where my 12s go in the bin, only the Rocks pay significantly. And one collection a day has definite appeal.

That it frustrates opponents is all good too. At higher levels, particularly if involved in a mob war where you are being specifically targetted by a whole group of rivals, that psychological edge is a victory in itself.

Also, imo, anyone outside of the shark tank really has no right to judge, the game changes fairly dramatically, you might have been a flat track bully, full of big ideas and swagger before you got there - give it a week, the swagger will be gone, guaranteed.

But personally, for now, I like that my buildings are nice, and you can't get them ;)

(To be fair, DevilDog caught me a couple of times, good for him - lord knows he needed the money, his hood sucks) ;)

The guy in question isnt mentally too strong or well past caring, hes tired of having his ass handed to him

Dr BoneCrusher
09-21-2012, 10:06 AM
@Op

I didn't read everything - but if he's in a war with you, it may also be a good strategy to do that and a big F'U just to piss you off... and it seems like its working

You are right, it is working. What mite have been a two day fight to get my point across, now could go on for weeks. It's hard at my level to fight it out with someone with equal stats, so this will be a good bridge to the HL's.

Dravak
09-21-2012, 10:07 AM
Man it is a bit like highschool , where all the coolkids are bullying the little nerds , and all the nerds do is complain all day , you know here is the best strategy ever ...

Making anybody quit !
Hit him every 3 min for 48 hours ... while you keep doing your stuff .
Sooner or later you catch him with money in his hands ... or he takes a 48 hour break .
Don't have to spam his wall , ignore him as a gnat he is ...
Just keep on doing that for 48 hours long using him as a npc , done deal .

Best action to upset people is simply ignore them and use them ! and abuse them !
Keep doing this week in week out , he is just another nameless npc you can hit anytime you want .
Leave some big fat cheese if he is almost off your newslist .. and rinse and repeat.

mxz
09-21-2012, 10:09 AM
On the other side, it is cowardly and a clear admission of defeat/inability to protect their investments. So, despite the fact that it is annoying, it really illustrates that player as having their tail between their legs, unable to take the continued beatings or beat you to the punch...You say this like its a bad thing. Look, a lot of people don't buy and spend gold and can't keep up with the big spenders. To say they're admitting defeat is probably accurate. But you're not going to get a gold bully off your tail by allowing buildings to be constantly robbed. The inherent insinuation that free players are cowards is a little unsettling.

Judging by the number of people looking at, downloading, and discussing loot spreadsheets, RP items, & cash items it's pretty clear a lot of people need a free strategy to stay afloat as they're not willing to drop so much $ into crates.

Burn
09-21-2012, 10:09 AM
Deluxe, that is a whole different kettle of fish. Why discuss it as a 'tactic' if it is clearly just someone 'giving up', or a straight up 'F U'. If that clear it doesn't even need discussing.

Jeez it's not even newsworthy, hood wipes and boot camps have been happening regularly since last year.

Kitteh is also right though. The dude will be reading this and laughing his head off - it it was done to annoy, he won - OP lost the second he posted this thread.

Zendfrim
09-21-2012, 10:13 AM
I think anyone without any money buildings should be taxed half their winnings from robberies and attacks they perpetrate. Having a hood worth entering needs to be a more mandatory part of the game. It is ridiculous that that tactic is allowed. I don't usually attack actively for this reason. My hood is worth way too much to give some pill an invite back.

I think there also needs to be a feature implemented where we can fund our friends with in game cash. There are multiple friends' hoods I would happily fuel, and there are two individuals I still want to pay 100 mil to each for their service in costing one of my enemies greatly.

Deluxe
09-21-2012, 10:15 AM
You say this like its a bad thing. Look, a lot of people don't buy and spend gold and can't keep up with the big spenders. To say they're admitting defeat is probably accurate. But you're not going to get a gold bully off your tail by allowing buildings to be constantly robbed. The inherent insinuation that free players are cowards is a little unsettling.

Judging by the number of people looking at, downloading, and discussing loot spreadsheets, RP items, & cash items it's pretty clear a lot of people need a free strategy to stay afloat as they're not willing to drop so much $ into crates.

Also a little unsettling is how you pulled a FoxNews move and conveniently only quoted part of my point...not the first part where i credited the tactic as being effective (even if i dont personally agree)...and you also arent informed insomuch as the fact the player in question is not a free player.
Additionally, when talking about buildings, the owner has full capacty to collect and not be robbed so its not like hes powerless

Paulio
09-21-2012, 10:16 AM
There's been a lot of good arguments made here for both sides. I don't, however, think you can categorize those who don't collect robbed buildings with those who sell all their money buildings. The biggest reason is because one strategy is more temporary and you can "turn the engines back on" in a matter of seconds. The other is more likely permanent. Also, it destroys something you have built. For me, I couldn't just throw away something I took pride in creating (my hood and iph). But for some, that same pride, only with a different face, makes them sell their buildings because they can't stand someone else benefiting from them.

So to answer OP's questions (and one of my own):
If you stop collecting money buildings, have you admitted defeat? No. Temporary strategy.
Does selling your economy mean that you've admitted defeat? Not exactly. Just a different strategy.
Do I think the latter is a strategy of the weak-of-heart? Absolutely.

Carmine74
09-21-2012, 10:17 AM
I also sold off all but the 12/24/48 buildings. Easier to collect now since I hate being robbed and it isn't aesthetically pleasing to leave them robbed having to see that gun on top of them every time I log in.

Deluxe
09-21-2012, 10:17 AM
Deluxe, that is a whole different kettle of fish. Why discuss it as a 'tactic' if it is clearly just someone 'giving up', or a straight up 'F U'. If that clear it doesn't even need discussing.

Jeez it's not even newsworthy, hood wipes and boot camps have been happening regularly since last year.

Kitteh is also right though. The dude will be reading this and laughing his head off - it it was done to annoy, he won - OP lost the second he posted this thread.

OP initiated this thread to discuss larger picture as far as this being a tactic. Since i am familiar with the backstory i narrowed my opinion to the issue at hand that generated this thread in the first place

Burn
09-21-2012, 10:18 AM
In fact, I've just read through this thread again. None of the counter arguments are being discussed. Just dismissed.

This isn't a cry for help or even input. It's just a straight up cry.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-hgZCt6Gv-rc/UCh2wEzGt-I/AAAAAAAAHz8/NvMTNYPmDS4/s1600/tumblr_lpdipwZdwY1qc4n4y.jpg

Dravak
09-21-2012, 10:20 AM
look anybody can play anyway they want , sorry it is PvP there are no rules , same as real life ..
There are no rules in human to human warfare , the losing side will use any means to fight .
Any possible way to fight , so what suicide bombs , ied , mass suicide charge ..

Gee it is people trying to claim the moral highground , romanticising warfare and struggle .
Who cares honestly 6/12/24 strategy , honestly if you can't accept there is always a bigger fish then you in the pond.
Then spent more money , if you cannot spent money revert to ****ty strategy , cause it is so called "effective" who are you kidding yourself people , game is about clicking , who ever has most to click wins !

Who ever has the toughest hide in ignoring people wins . you know you just need to learn to love the color red !
That is simply the best strategy , red is lovely , red is good ... green is bad where is my red :p

Deluxe
09-21-2012, 10:22 AM
In fact, I've just read through this thread again. None of the counter arguments are being discussed. Just dismissed.

This isn't a cry for help or even input. It's just a straight up cry.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-hgZCt6Gv-rc/UCh2wEzGt-I/AAAAAAAAHz8/NvMTNYPmDS4/s1600/tumblr_lpdipwZdwY1qc4n4y.jpg

Dismissed by who? Ive seen plenty of conversation. Take the blinders off.

mxz
09-21-2012, 10:25 AM
Also a little unsettling is how you pulled a FoxNews move and conveniently only quoted part of my point...not the first part where i credited the tactic as being effective (even if i dont personally agree)...and you also arent informed insomuch as the fact the player in question is not a free player.
Additionally, when talking about buildings, the owner has full capacty to collect and not be robbed so its not like hes powerlessI don't know the player, I'm just talking tactics. I've never personally employed the strategy but I could see the benefits and wouldn't consider them cowardly in their own right. If you're looking to get a rise out of him/her that's fine - but recognize that the rest of us are in a generalized discussion.

Sun Tzu would be loving this discussion because this Eagle Eye guy is defeating you and Dr. B without having to us force. I don't think resorting to calling him a coward is going to turn the tables on that.

Dr BoneCrusher
09-21-2012, 10:25 AM
MXZ, looks like he has spent more then me, just not as smart. This is a case of two players of equal stats.

@Burn, if being robbed by someone a few times makes you stick you head into your turtle shell, who's winning?

Two types of players, one who will jump into a fight with two feet, the other, well read my Sig You can tell for your self.

Burn
09-21-2012, 10:29 AM
Dismissed by who? Ive seen plenty of conversation. Take the blinders off.

Now you're just being sensible. That will surely ruin my fun ;)

Of course I'm baiting him. He'll do same right back at first opportunity, so don't sweat it.

But fwiw my first two posts in here were genuinely held opinion.

Burn
09-21-2012, 10:34 AM
Fuzzy also touched on a good point about falsely inflated and unrealstic IPH.

It's IPH when you collect it. Only when you collect it.

If you can't collect it, delete it, because without 100% collection it's just an ego-feeding number anyway.

And pandering to that just makes you a bigger juicier (and stoopider imo) target.

Remove the emotion, remove the ego, act on the logic that's left.

Deluxe
09-21-2012, 10:34 AM
I don't know the player, I'm just talking tactics. I've never personally employed the strategy but I could see the benefits and wouldn't consider them cowardly in their own right. If you're looking to get a rise out of him/her that's fine - but recognize that the rest of us are in a generalized discussion.

Sun Tzu would be loving this discussion because this Eagle Eye guy is defeating you and Dr. B without having to us force. I don't think resorting to calling him a coward is going to turn the tables on that.

Generalized conversation yields the same opinion...with buildings you have the capacity to collect them so they cant be robbed, period. So realize that. If you cant manage your own hood, the one you built to serve your interests, and have to resort to this tactic then you have lost, albeit temporarily as paulio said. Ive never battled the guy so if having a generalized opinion that happens to apply to this specific case means ive been defeated then i question your logic in that statement.

Deluxe
09-21-2012, 10:35 AM
Now you're just being sensible. That will surely ruin my fun ;)

Of course I'm baiting him. He'll do same right back at first opportunity, so don't sweat it.

But fwiw my first two posts in here were genuinely held opinion.

Lol well i took the bait too cuz i was scratching my head and wondering if i missed something

Deluxe
09-21-2012, 10:38 AM
Fuzzy also touched on a good point about falsely inflated and unrealstic IPH.

It's IPH when you collect it. Only when you collect it.

If you can't collect it, delete it, because without 100% collection it's just an ego-feeding number anyway.

I agree w that 100% and thats the reason ive never had a 1-hour bldg and am really on the fence on keeping or dropping my 3-hr when i hit the big leagues. Outside of that i try to boost ALL bldgs to same level instead of runaway ncs to level 6+ because of that false sense of iph they give

sexkitteh
09-21-2012, 10:40 AM
I agree w that 100% and thats the reason ive never had a 1-hour bldg and am really on the fence on keeping or dropping my 3-hr when i hit the big leagues. Outside of that i try to boost ALL bldgs to same level instead of runaway ncs to level 6+ because of that false sense of iph they give

I actually got my 1 hour low level buildings because it's perfect for opening crates... and they never get robbed lol

Deluxe
09-21-2012, 10:43 AM
I actually got my 1 hour low level buildings because it's perfect for opening crates... and they never get robbed lol

Ok to be fair ive see that utilization of those bldgs also and it makes sense to me. Once i start banking in shark waters and dont want to be juggling cash in and out all day that may begin to appeal to me simply for that purpose

Deluxe
09-21-2012, 10:45 AM
Ok its been fun...reminds me of the debate club i never joined but this sick puppy is taking a nap so ill await mxz tearing me apart with a spreadsheet of some sort and burn finding a hole in my argument somewhere :)
And then dip will come out lf leftfield and tell me which laws i broke while joeycool will post some sort of flash image to show me how defeated i should feel while simultaneously making me chuckle

G Wiz
09-21-2012, 10:46 AM
I'm that guy fuzzy talked about. I think the strategy works perfect for my game goals and style. I can't always check my phone when I need, but I'm also vfery particular about my hood aesthetics.

Regardless, I still bring in good cash (cobra roadster), and the little buildings don't change much whether its collected or not. That would be the lm's, ice creams and underboss houses that remain robbed.

Burn
09-21-2012, 10:50 AM
This game would cause so much less anxiety if people could just act on the advice they would give others.

Wrong... "WTF! That muthachuffa, I'ma kill him, kill his mamma, his kids, his kids kids, where's my credit card, where the f**k is my f***ing credit card".

Right... "What advice would I give to A if he was in this situation".

If you can't manage that, you're mentally weak. Play Tetris.

mxz
09-21-2012, 10:55 AM
Generalized conversation yields the same opinion...with buildings you have the capacity to collect them so they cant be robbed, period. So realize that. If you cant manage your own hood, the one you built to serve your interests, and have to resort to this tactic then you have lostWhat about times when you know you won't be able to log in regularly? There have been multiple instances when I couldn't log in regularly for days at a time. If I was in the shark tank and had explosives to lose I'd probably just do my upgrades and leave the good stuff robbed. I wouldn't consider that losing and have a tough time understanding how taking a tactical break based on the situation, availability, and resources available to you could be considered losing. It actually makes a lot more sense to "lose" the short term battle and live to fight another day when you're prepared to do so.

Burn
09-21-2012, 11:00 AM
MXZ, what rank were you? If you don't mind me asking.

Deluxe
09-21-2012, 11:06 AM
What about times when you know you won't be able to log in regularly? There have been multiple instances when I couldn't log in regularly for days at a time. If I was in the shark tank and had explosives to lose I'd probably just do my upgrades and leave the good stuff robbed. I wouldn't consider that losing and have a tough time understanding how taking a tactical break based on the situation, availability, and resources available to you could be considered losing. It actually makes a lot more sense to "lose" the short term battle and live to fight another day when you're prepared to do so.

Ill be fair man, that would be 'ok' in my book (like anyone cares about my book) but if youre a regular player and just cant manage your bldgs or keep up w them and you bite off more than you can chew then you should take your lumps...im not black and white on this as exceptions will always exist but if its just a matter of not managing your hood on a regular basis then you made that proverbial bed and should sleep in it.
Part of what i have opined here is based on how important $ is to my own game goals and even if i get robbed id still need the gizzards rolling in to sustain my ongoing goals. So, to stifle my growth and capacty for daily/weekly objectives to be accomplished because of this tactic is just out of the question from my personal perspective and i, deluxe, would feel very defeated if i had to forego collections in the name of saving face

Strife
09-21-2012, 11:17 AM
Not sure if this going off topic but what about the strategy of only defensive buildings?? No income buildings.

Dr BoneCrusher
09-21-2012, 11:33 AM
You guys are right, if a players is being touched by a player that they didn't provoke then this is a good stratergy. But, if you go around saying "I'm going to live in their hood" or "I can't wait to get my chance to teach them a lesson", then at the first sign of a fight you turtle up, what does that say about You?

fuzzy
09-21-2012, 11:34 AM
I'm that guy fuzzy talked about. I think the strategy works perfect for my game goals and style. I can't always check my phone when I need, but I'm also vfery particular about my hood aesthetics.

Regardless, I still bring in good cash (cobra roadster), and the little buildings don't change much whether its collected or not. That would be the lm's, ice creams and underboss houses that remain robbed.

I'm glad your ego didn't get in the way of you admitting that you deploy the strategy.

At least it not the strategy of Bean Dip :cool:

Burn
09-21-2012, 11:53 AM
You guys are right, if a players is being touched by a player that they didn't provoke then this is a good stratergy. But, if you go around saying "I'm going to live in their hood" or "I can't wait to get my chance to teach them a lesson", then at the first sign of a fight you turtle up, what does that say about You?

In that particular circumstance, it perhaps says they are a coward and a douchebag.

But he'll still be laughing his nuts off when he finds out about this thread. Which is only gonna make u even more p!55ed. You really haven't helped yourself.

Dravak
09-21-2012, 12:27 PM

Then you won , and be done with it bone , look if you want to make a thread . then call out the player .
and say reason why , that is it .

No need to go trough all these details , in the end it is just a game .
Sorry any strategy is viable , as long as people are having fun , and being attacked and robbed is part of it .
Sorry I attack and rob weaker oppenents , and if somebody is stronger then me , that is it .
Not going to cry tears about it , if somebody is really a harressement , I just spent more money if I think he needs a taste of there own medicine .
At some point I say enough spent going to take it easy :p , like this last boss event rare drops stinks ;)

Luciferianism
09-21-2012, 12:30 PM
I find this thread offensive to my fortress hood.

Sam @
09-21-2012, 12:41 PM
I think wins/robs and stats are very Important. The name of the game is attacking and robbing. (whatever strategy you use to win as long as you are not cheating or hacking) 🏆😱

It's like being in the record book for a sports athlete ie the greatest hockey player with the most points - Wayne Gretzky or most wins by a MLB pitcher - Cy Young, most wins by an Nfl quarterback - Brett Favre! (just examples) 👏👏👏

I personally like building my buildings, but who knows after 2 years of playing the game, I might sell them from boredom. 😂💤💤💤

I'm just saying, if you want to sell your buildings, so be it. If they are robbing you and making more money, more power to them. If you don't want to lose, then buy more gold! Plain and simple! 💰💰💰 🏆 😭😢😄

G Wiz
09-21-2012, 12:48 PM
I'm glad your ego didn't get in the way of you admitting that you deploy the strategy.

At least it not the strategy of Bean Dip :cool:Nahhh, but I legit want to be the richest though! So that kinda does have something to do with me not selling

...and the fact that in this island the 3g here has about as much dead zones as a pool of stagnant water

Dr BoneCrusher
09-21-2012, 12:48 PM
@Dravak, it was never my intention to name the player, with out an Opertunity for him to rebut. Actually, I think the no collect strategy is usefull in the right conditions.

But as Strategies go, when it pertains to Gang Wars, a strategy of Admitting Defeat is a lame move from a So Called Elite Crew...

Carlos,
09-21-2012, 01:01 PM
But as Strategies go, when it pertains to Gang Wars, a strategy of Admitting Defeat is a lame move from a So Called Elite Crew...

I see someone has never read The Art of War

Sam @
09-21-2012, 01:06 PM

Haha awesome! 😄👍

TruthHurts
09-21-2012, 01:09 PM

+1000000000000000

Dravak
09-21-2012, 01:28 PM
@Dravak, it was never my intention to name the player, with out an Opertunity for him to rebut. Actually, I think the no collect strategy is usefull in the right conditions.

Oh come on we are playing CC not MW , in MW it is very simple to win , just have a golden army !
Anybody weaker then you kill off all his None gold units off , that he quits .

You are playing CC this game is weaker then hardcore MW , in MW a gang like Indians CK CN won't excist unless they are all gold spenders , simple , you take out the weakest people make the rest spent or quit .
Then all goldspenders have to play the same game you are playing now .
All bark no bite , it simple this game , those with the most disposable income win , the rest are cannon flodder .

Atleast in this game the cannon flodder can stay , you know came from a F2P game where you simply took over somebody base , all his real life money investment , all his work could be taken away from them in matter of 8 hours gangup... sorry then you talking about hardcore .

Sorry all is allowed in CC , now if you want to win outspent everybody else !
That is it to this game , the rest are just bunch of crap talk , leg pulling , chit chat and smack talk .

Here my last smack talk from somebody , lmao , I only attacked him once , he start to yell F off.
Hit him again , then he comes with stupid silly insults , hit him again ,suddenly he starts talking about real life no friends guess he was talking about himself .

You got him and you didn't get him , seriously he can't collect his money , you keep beating him up .
What else is there to do ? elite crew yes cause they have the highest stats , you want to be elite .
Out spent them all , that is the name of the game in F2P , it is called pay 2 win for nothing .

So outspent them all like I told IT spent the 100k , you got enough gold to reach the 1 million stat .. and bet you most goldspender would give up !
Since even montly bonus you win by 2 years investment . sorry game has shifted from slow growth to gold gaming extreme , and that is all to it . have bigger stats . have bigger bragging rights .

So yeah they can call themself Elite Crew , cause they have the biggest stats !
That is all that matters in this game !

chimera69
09-21-2012, 02:51 PM
OP - I read this all through a couple of times. Please correct me if I'm summarizing things wrong:

You're in a battle with someone of roughly equal stats to yours, who spends a fair amount of money on gold & is apparently a big talker. In your back & forths with each other, he stopped collecting all his buildings, thus removing any chance of monetary gain on your part. It obviously irritates the heck out if you, which is a huge bonus on his part. No, it is not "cowardly" as some have suggested. It can really be a very clever & useful strategy. Nevertheless, you (for some reason) thought this would be one of those 2-3 day affairs, but now think it could potentially last a lot longer.

Now this next part I'm not exactly clear on. Nor am I clear on exactly what it is you're now looking for from this player or from yourself.

Since this player stopped collecting his buildings, has he also essentially stopped attacking you? If so, what are you now looking for from him? An admission of defeat? Why should he, you're equal stats. It's a draw. Actually, he did get the last laugh, as his non-collecting clearly annoys you. If you move to get more strength, he'll just buy gold to keep up with you. Or worse, spend enough to overwhelm you & make you admit defeat. Just move on with you're life. Don't give him anymore satisfaction in seeing your annoyance.

Or, is this player non-collecting but still attacking you to try and force you to admit defeat? That's a different matter entirely. I'll assume you currently have no intention of backing down from someone with equal stats to you - especially if he talks trash all the time. If you're willing spend the time to do this, here's one thing you can do...

Stop trying to fight him in the same manner as if you were both at opposite ends of a big open field, slowly walking towards each other while firing your muskets. Get in his head - he's already shown you how. The fact that he stopped collecting his buildings is a tactic to take away the main incentive for you to attack him. The fact that he has so many high level buildings - along with lots of gold spent - is also his weakness. He's very invested in his game. You don't spend all that time & money to not collect from your buildings regularly. To non-collect for a few days is tolerable, but for weeks would be beyond irritating for him. And he really, really hates to lose money to you. He'd rather have no money at all, than give you the chance to get even one penny from his laundromats. See, you already annoy him.

So, you need to show that you're more than willing to go on for the duration to get him to back down. But, you've got to do it in such a way that you clearly show him that you've removed all things that he could do to annoy you.

Do not live in his hood. Don't even attack him several times a day. Don't even attack him every day. Don't even attack fully - sometimes just a couple hits. Let him wonder when it'll come. But keep showing up. He can be on your newsfeed for a while, so you can find him anywhere. If you're showing up very frequently, he wins. You'll be even more annoyed that you keep spending all your time & stamina attacking him for nothing instead of fighting others and getting money. He knows this & will laugh his a$$ off at you for doing it. Let him know that you know this, if you know what I mean. If you're showing up just enough to force him to continue to non-collect - remember, the thought of you getting any money in any amount annoys him. You may not get any money from him, but you force him to give up his IPH for a very long time - something he does not want to do. You win.

Basically, it's a battle not of strength, but of irritation level. He irritates you, so irritate him more. You've got to really sell what you plan to do to him in both what you do & say. Don't be vulgar or angry in your wall comments. Be clever & matter-of-fact (that'll annoy him too, not getting under your skin). What do you care if he keeps attacking you. You're getting close to shark/whale territory, where it's going to happen daily anyways. You'll collect your buildings regularly. If he gets some money on occasion, so what. Again, it's gonna happen to anyways. He's nothing special or different. But, you're going to make sure that he can never collect from his buildings again. If he does, then you'll be there over & over again to take as much from him as you can.

Having said all of this... If it turns out that doing the above drives him nuts, so that he sells all his buildings & begins stalking you endlessly, then I wasn't the one who told you to do it. :)

Dr BoneCrusher
09-21-2012, 03:04 PM
@Chimera60

Nice post, their are to things you can control in this game, the amount of time playing and how much you spend. As for now this game has my attention, so...

chimera69
09-21-2012, 03:20 PM
@Chimera60

Nice post, their are to things you can control in this game, the amount of time playing and how much you spend. As for now this game has my attention, so...

So... Go for it. Have some fun getting under his skin for a change. He's actually much more vulnerable to being annoyed than you are.

fuzzy
09-21-2012, 04:03 PM

@Dr BoneCrusher please read what G Wiz typed. Then read what you typed.

Does this mean he Admitted Defeat to me and the Elite Crew that I run with?

Dr BoneCrusher
09-21-2012, 04:30 PM
Fuzzy, I was referring to my OP, I do think their is a time and place for leaving buildings robbed. But when you hit that delete button on all of your money buildings BECAUSE You Can't Handle Being Robbed, You Are Defeated.

Burn
09-21-2012, 04:37 PM
Excellent post by chimera69 - he understands that the game is won and lost almost entirely in the heads of the combatants.

A post good enough for Best of the Best sticky status. Read it again.

Dravak
09-21-2012, 04:48 PM
That strategy doesn't take into the account , somebody is dumping in 80k of gold and you become there whipping boy.
Like so often happens , sorry sure it works for the free players or light spenders ,

But in HL you are dealing with a lot of medium spenders , and high spenders .
sorry simple case of outspent the oppenents , you want to win this game outspent the oppenents and laugh about it .
If you don't want to spent , just learn to accept red .

Burn
09-21-2012, 05:09 PM
His post clearly refers to a situation where 2 players are closely matched, and the winner is usually the one with the mental edge.

Buying victory isn't relevant there.

Pool story, probably applies to many other sports too - at the highest level of the game, every player is capable of, and fully expected to, finish up the rack in a single visit, and they will typically run multiple racks in a row during practise without giving it a second thought.

Add a strong opponent, increased pressure, stress of competition, and other mental factors, and suddenly it's a whole different game.

At that level, the game becomes less about skill, hand eye co-ordination, muscle memory, or any other physical factors - at the highest level of Pool, and many other sports, winners and champions are invariably those best able to deal with the mental side of things.

Babytway
09-21-2012, 05:36 PM
Fuzzy, I was referring to my OP, I do think their is a time and place for leaving buildings robbed. But when you hit that delete button on all of your money buildings BECAUSE You Can't Handle Being Robbed, You Are Defeated.

just recently i was robbing someone relentlessly on anything they had up most were the easy 1hr and 3hr targets until they deleted them all because couldn't handle it. what a loser. this person is a forum member also.

Dravak
09-21-2012, 05:38 PM
Closely matched doesn't mean a thing in here , even without gold !
A oppenent can suddenly bumped up the stats with respec , or cash items ...

Sorry even if you take out the gold out of the theorie , stats increase makes all psychology useless .
Since what can you do once you start to lose more fights then the other ?
You lose that is it , unless you can gain more stats boost , to make the other one lose .

It isn't hard at all , like said do what you were doing spent 10 stamina for harrassement , if you catch him with money in his hand , rob right away .. or keep on pounding .
Leave fat cheese for him to take revenge , so he get back on your news feed , and play the same game again .

Sorry very simple the other one has to drop off your news feed admit defeat .

chimera69
09-21-2012, 07:08 PM
Dravek, I see an awful lot of pessimism in your posts, that basically nothing will work in the end as a strategy to win except having the most money. You're wrong. Strength through superior fire power, which is essentially what you're refering to, is only one of hundreds of strategies & only a very basic one at that. It may win some battles here and there, but never wins a war. How does this all apply to this game & your views of it? Let me explain...

First, you are approaching this game & this discussion with a false premise - specifically that the game can be won. There is absolutely no "winning" in this style of game. It is designed for a series of tasks, actions, and reactions. That's all. You can get to the next level in the game by simply doing anything. Rob, do missions, farm, complete a building goal. Literally anything. There's no tricky riddles to solve or length of time requirements. Just gain XP's & move up. There's no end to the game specifically. One just keeps playing until bored, then moves onto another game. Any enjoyment to be had is accomplished strictly by what you're doing at any particular time & how you deal with the reactions to what you've done - from either the game itself or other players interactions with you.

Secondly, you appear to equate being a heavy gold spender as the only way to truly achieve anything, especially in the high levels. This is incorrect as well. For example, one doesn't need gold to build a very high IPH, which is one of many players' personal goals. It may help get a person there quicker. But a free player can do just as well, along with the personal satisfaction of knowing you did it the hard way. That's something to be proud of.

Want strong attack/defense, then earn RP's, learn where best to farm, etc. One doesn't need gold for that, either. Can gold make a player stronger than anything a free player can achieve. Absolutely. But every single player knows this from day one, and is reminded of it daily by items listed in equipment & popup screens selling limited edition items. If a light spender or no-spender doesn't like the fact the the top levels of A/D will always be above your reach because of the game's set up, then this game is just not for you. Don't get angry or frustrated by it. Just go play a different game where maybe there's just a small monthly fee for all, placing people on a more even footing from the outset. Or play one of the dozens of Sim games or fighting games where you're away from PvP play entirely. Nothing wrong with that.

Now at higher levels, you're getting attacked more often & by players who'll always be much stronger than you'll ever be. So what? How is this a surprise to you? Are they destroying any building or equipment that you spent real money on? No. Are they stopping you from doing more game goals or building/upgrading? No, just maybe making it a little slower as you don't get full value from building collections. But, that's all. You actually haven't "lost" a damn thing. Just keep playing, robbing & attacking all those other players who are weaker than you. Or, learn how to get in the head of the stronger player & find ways to annoy him/her. Not being able to physically defeat a player with stronger stats doesn't make anyone a loser, ever.

So, it all finally comes down to your reaction to other player's actions to you. That's where getting into people's heads & employing more advanced strategies (taking into account more psychology then actual physical status) come into play, such as my example to Dr. B. As a natural progression, this shows up more often the higher a player goes. That's where the interactions between the player & the game environment itself have become stale. It's then replaced by interacting more with other players & responding to their reactions. Again, this is how this type of game is designed.

As for how you appear to be reacting to your experiences... I guess I could go on for quite a bit on that topic, but my post is already too long. You're not writing about frustrations in losing battles to stronger players that you don't like. Instead, you're a "whipping boy" for people who spend "80k of gold." To put it succinctly, in the words of Eleanor Roosevelt: "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."

Eddie Eagle Eye
10-02-2012, 04:56 AM
Funniest thread I've read in a long time!!!!!!
Hahahaha

Swearengen
10-02-2012, 05:38 AM
Well I was wondering, if a player with a lot of buildings stop collecting them after they are robbed, is using a good strategy or is Just a Scared Player?
Now I can understand, no one likes to get robbed, but why have buildings then. If you can't handle the pressures of the game just quit, or sell all of your buildings and become another WEAK PLAYER!

This is for all disillusioned Players

A Strategy of Admitting Defeat Just Means You Are Defeated!

Plenty of players around here Bragging about how many wins they have, Really?

The day you sold all of your Buildings is they day you Lost This Game!

All of the so called wins after that, is just a halve Hearted Attempt to convince yourself you didn't Give Up!

Seems like a viable tool to use in certain cases. I know of a few folks who do this if they run into cheats who came in their hood. Leave your stuff robbed out, they get bored / angry and move on...

Dravak
10-02-2012, 05:51 AM
First off am a realist , not a pessimist .. people should first accept reality then start calling stuff negative or depressing :p

Now reality is that all those fancy strategy , doesn't work when somebody accept it is a game ...
When you accept it is a game , it is about doing what is fun .

Sure you can lie down and keep being beaten up without fighting back hope people give up .
Sadly in these moderndays they might not be satisfied with that and kick you some more :p .
That is realisme of today , maybe not as nice but check the world .
Change are not made by ideals and fancy strategy , cause strategies keep changing everyday .

So if somebody wants to not collect his hood , that is fine who cares , you got him out of his zone .
If somebody wants to drop his maffia , who cares anything that drives people out of there zone .
You win !

That is today simple strategy , once people have to adapt to you , you win .
A lot of people are bad at adapting and improvising and being out of there comfort zone .
Especially in a simple game as this .