PDA

View Full Version : Leveling question

kitzune
09-20-2012, 10:17 PM
When you are leveling (Not saying I am as I plan to crawl for the time being), is it better to continue the story in PVE along with PVP or completely master a map to get the extra item, respect, mafia and skill points?

The reason for the story is it allows you to build up the gear needed for the later maps and the quests do provide some rewards too, though I'm not sure if they are still available if you skip forward and go to the highest map you can afford to tackle and that is available.

So for everyone that has been playing the game for a long time what is your opinion?

PawnXIIX
09-20-2012, 10:26 PM
The general idea is that following the story and the goals are pretty much pointless. Yes the goals help you accumulate weapons that are needed but it's more cost efficient to only buy the weapons to complete the job sites to farm weapons. More or less, the story is for the fun of it, and the rewards for completing the story goals are pretty pointless as well.

I don't speak for everyone, but that's what I believe and i'm sure there's plenty of other people who agree and some who disagree as well :P

The map mastery parts i'd save for later when you have more energy to do jobs? I'm not sure what level situation you're in right now, but when you hit 200 and you have no other means to gain skill points then the level mastery helps you gain that extra skill points so you can max out your account. Every extra skill point helps in stamina ;)

kitzune
09-20-2012, 10:42 PM
well up until recently I was putting the bulk of the points into energy and stamina. 1000 and 30 approximately respectively. since I saw the early thread on the forums that I now realize is outdated that had the list for energy required and items needed for each map along with mastery rewards.

PawnXIIX
09-20-2012, 10:58 PM
Yeah, lots of energy and stamina is good but don't forget to neglect attack and defense, skill points do make a slight difference. I believe they're calculated out to add 10 attack/defense per skill point at level 100 and this is the cieling. Right now at level 134 I have 1810 energy and 56 stamina and I plan to keep adding to stamina as I get up towards 200.

Euchred
09-21-2012, 05:02 AM
When I used to level with my camper I would do it purely off fight goals so I'd get a bunch of respect. More recently I've been trying to keep that going but the boss events have turned him into a crawler.

You can back track through the maps, skipping ahead has no effect on what each individual map has to offer.

kitzune
09-21-2012, 05:06 AM
When I used to level with my camper I would do it purely off fight goals so I'd get a bunch of respect. More recently I've been trying to keep that going but the boss events have turned him into a crawler.

You can back track through the maps, skipping ahead has no effect on what each individual map has to offer.

So I could skip several maps and then return and pick up the story and continue through a map with the story goals even if the map was mastered to level 5? Or does it take the pve story goals to open the mastery levels?

Euchred
09-21-2012, 05:11 AM
You can master a map without the story goals, not sure why you'd do this though the main reason to skip ahead is to farm good loot. I can't say for sure but if you do have a map completely mastered then unlocked the story missions at a later point you could still complete the story missions. I can't imagine why that wouldn't work.

PawnXIIX
09-21-2012, 05:23 AM
The story goals are a way to experience the game, they don't really help your account. You'd get much stronger much faster selectively doing jobs and goals which drop good loot. Most of the weapons and items that you get in order to unlock them are more of a cost and a burden instead of a help D:

You can get the level mastery at any time but most of the time these goals themselves are useless. The only good benefit of the mastery is you get a weapon that sometimes helps in the end game and you get the skill point at level 5. The cash, the extra mafia, and the respect is just a pointless reward. The respect is much more easily earned by doing the fight goals.

sez
09-21-2012, 05:54 AM
You do get some good items for completing the story goals, like the "Peace Keeping Guns". Can't remember the others off the top of my head but you do get some solid weapons while doing the story. These are not loot items but rewards.

kitzune
09-21-2012, 06:14 AM
You can get the level mastery at any time but most of the time these goals themselves are useless. The only good benefit of the mastery is you get a weapon that sometimes helps in the end game and you get the skill point at level 5. The cash, the extra mafia, and the respect is just a pointless reward. The respect is much more easily earned by doing the fight goals.

How is respect useless? When it can purchase better items then cash? 1200 respect is a lot easier in game to accumulate then the 84 million unless you are talking about dropping serious real life cash to buy cash vaults but that is still just north of 4 million each for $99.99. I will not even get into gold vehicles.

Excelero 31/17 attack/defense for 1200 respect
Armored Jet 24/36 attack/defense for 84 Million
Helicopter 20/20 attack/defense for 35 Million

jmeijer
09-21-2012, 08:07 AM
How is respect useless? When it can purchase better items then cash? 1200 respect is a lot easier in game to accumulate then the 84 million unless you are talking about dropping serious real life cash to buy cash vaults but that is still just north of 4 million each for $99.99.The amount of cash that you can buy increases as your IPH gets higher. I can buy 163 million for €79,99.

Dravak
09-21-2012, 08:24 AM
The amount of cash that you can buy increases as your IPH gets higher. I can buy 163 million for €79,99.

Never buy cash >.< , doesn't matter if you get 1 billion cash for the IPH .
Cash weapons are useless , for that money you get 1500 gold .

Sorry gold weapons are all that matters in the end , depending on your goals ..
Buy the gold , invest those gold into high pay out cash buildings . voila more use then buying cash .
Cause weapons can be farmed from PVE and are generally beter then cash weapons .

Sorry anybody buying cash is really >.< .... no matter what the amount .