PDA

View Full Version : are the events pure luck or a set run!!!??

(MS13)TURKISHTIGER
09-20-2012, 08:13 PM
according to me i believe that these events are set runs, were items are predicted before their acheived.
or is it pure luck,

PawnXIIX
09-20-2012, 09:02 PM
This is one way an event can be done but there's no way to prove it. It'd be easier for random prizes, but like I said nothing can be proven.

mxz
09-20-2012, 09:29 PM
This might pertain: http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?39805-Secret-formula-to-get-the-rare-unit-in-the-boss-event&p=418842#post418842

PawnXIIX
09-20-2012, 09:35 PM
That was a packet that was sent by the server. It probably sends a packet that says "open success" then responds with that. But what he's referring to is for example there is a set list of items in an array and it just rifles them off 1 by 1. So you send the success packet then it returns reward[0] quantity 1 or quantity[0], separate array same length as reward but is indexed the same.

See where i'm getting at?

I still say it's random but for all we know it could be a person sitting at a desk who gets a success message then closes their eyes and pushes a button.

kitzune
09-20-2012, 09:49 PM
Well there are two factors. It could be the next item 'won' is common - car (to be determined by level of player who wins next and what bracket his or her loot is found in). The random part is determined by the players and who is getting the next prize as a kill would have to be sent to the server. Of course this is all conjecture on my part. Nut when you take into consider 9 digits of 0 to 9 10^9 or a possible 999,999,999 people would provide a decent random factor considering not everyone will participate.

mxz
09-21-2012, 07:01 AM
That was a packet that was sent by the server. It probably sends a packet that says "open success" then responds with that. But what he's referring to is for example there is a set list of items in an array and it just rifles them off 1 by 1. So you send the success packet then it returns reward[0] quantity 1 or quantity[0], separate array same length as reward but is indexed the same.

See where i'm getting at?

I still say it's random but for all we know it could be a person sitting at a desk who gets a success message then closes their eyes and pushes a button.No, the packet from the client does not contain any success info. It actually doesn't even know that the boss is or will be defeated. That information is sent by the server, as well.

mnju_03
09-21-2012, 07:16 AM
For me it's pure skill baby.

beaux
09-21-2012, 10:43 AM
All I know is that it hates me