PDA

View Full Version : Just admit it....

Burn
09-20-2012, 12:32 PM
Lame or dumb sh!t u did, that you look back on and think wtf.

I'm old, I got lots...

1999, my kids are 5 and 9, they got a Nintendo with Zelda Ocarina of Time for Christmas. I spent the whole of the holidays ignoring all visitors, friends and family. Kids got to play game properly for first time in second week of January.

2002, kids 8 and 12, they are hooked on Pokemon on Gameboy, it's almost all they do. Pokemon Silver and Gold come out, I bought them, plugged in while kids were out somewhere, and started playing. I was addicted for 6 months straight - my kids loved it though, we battled. I even took the Gameboy to a pool tournament, and played in between rounds of the tournament, with my beer drinking pool mates looking at me like I was retarded.

Talking of pool (it's my major hobby, i play competitively)...

2004, a pool tournament, there was one guy we all knew, was in a wheelchair, great guy, always drunk, very funny. This pool tournament is held on a seaside holiday caravan/trailer park, everyone staying in caravans/trailers for weekend of tournament.

Aaaanyway, this guy in the wheelchair gets totally drunk and is crashed out in his wheelchair, night time now, so we all wheel him outside, get some scaffold planks, and heave him up onto the roof of his caravan, put brakes on, and leave him there. 2 hours later, police arrive to rescue him, because someone reported it, wheelchair guy is still fast asleep ;)

2005, following year, same pool tournament, same venue - the old guy that runs the pool league in our County is whining about how the seagulls woke him up in the morning with their screeching. So again, it's night time, 4 of us go back to our van, get a loaf of bread, find from somewhere a roll of sticky tape, climb up onto the old guys caravan (he is still in the bar drinking), we break the bread up into pieces, and stick them to the roof of his caravan with the sticky tape.

We later retire drunk for the night, obviously sleep through the early morning arrival of seagulls, but when we bump into the guy later in the morning, he is going nuts and starts swinging at us with a pool cue, he also has a cut on his head from where one particularly vicious seagull had taken a peck at him when he was shooing them away.

Later, when things calmed down, he told us it started with a few scratches and knocks on the roof of his tin trailer, and within minutes there was a ton of them up there pecking at the stuck on bread, he said it sounded like machine gun fire. His wife who was with him, had no idea what it was, and had started crying hysterically. ;)

TonySpaghetti
09-20-2012, 12:43 PM
That cracked me up.

mnju_03
09-20-2012, 01:15 PM
I did not inhale.

HenryVIII
09-20-2012, 01:16 PM
Burn, that was epic!

MerlinBlack
09-20-2012, 01:20 PM
So I'm backpacking with the wife on the Kalalau trail along the Nepali Coast, using trek poles. If you've never been on it, there are portions where it's basically rock face on the one side, narrow trail, then really steep terrain for a few yards with occasional rocks/trees growing on it, then a nice long dive to the ocean, where the water crashes up on the rocks. Anyway, I'm walking along one of those portions and as I shift weight to my left foot (side toward the ocean) the ground gives way and I'm suddenly falling/sliding. I immediately let go of the trek poles. You know how in movies someone falls off a cliff, you look over, and they're hanging on by a tree root? Yep, the tree root is there, about four feet below the trail. I found it and grabbed it. The wife's of course looking down at me, freaking out. "Get up! Get up!" So after a minute of hanging out there I scramble up, take off my pack, and start looking down at my missing trek pole, about 10-12 feet away, caught against a small tree..... yep, I had to carefully climb down and get it. She was NOT happy with me. Pretty sure I wouldn't have done it without all that adrenaline from the fall, and didn't even know proper rock climbing technique at the time, but I somehow managed...

Plenty more where that comes from too.... been stalked by mountain lions out in the New Mexico desert at night due to a bad "shortcut" idea, all sorts of stuff.

sexkitteh
09-20-2012, 01:38 PM
Great Thread :D

+1 Burn +1 Merlin

Ballerado
09-20-2012, 02:48 PM
A lot of what I came up with is not amusing or is really incriminating but most recently I took my I pad to the water park to make sure I kept using my stamina during the anniversary event. Every 2.5 hours i had to go to the locker and get my phone and I pad and as quickly as possible (on public wifi) dump 50 stamina on each account on robs and attacks. My girlfriend officially hates crime city because of the anniversary event. I later realized that for less than the cost of the locker rental and angering my girl, I could have just used a few stamina refills to make up for the time i missed. Who would have thought not wanting to use gold can actually cost you money!

MerlinBlack
09-20-2012, 02:55 PM
A lot of what I came up with is not amusing or is really incriminating but most recently I took my I pad to the water park to make sure I kept using my stamina during the anniversary event. Every 2.5 hours i had to go to the locker and get my phone and I pad and as quickly as possible (on public wifi) dump 50 stamina on each account on robs and attacks. My girlfriend officially hates crime city because of the anniversary event. I later realized that for less than the cost of the locker rental and angering my girl, I could have just used a few stamina refills to make up for the time i missed. Who would have thought not wanting to use gold can actually cost you money!
Oh, dumb financial decisions count for this? I sold quite a few shares of AAPL at $20 / share, thinking myself smart for doubling my money about a decade ago. I spent it on some tuition; stupid me. I could have bought a house off that. I win the thread.

TruthHurts
09-20-2012, 03:10 PM
I was at a house party many years back. There was a girl there, Nikki that I had wanted to hook up with since high school and it never was the right time. Either she was dating someone or I had a girlfriend. This time she and I both were single at the same time. I was talking to her and flirting a little and asked for her number. She agreed and asked if I had a pen. I did not, but told her I would be right back with one. I walked around in a drunken stupor asking everyone. Finally, after many attempts to no success. I decided to ask my friend that was DJ'n. when I asked him he couldn't hear me over the music, so I yelled again. He still couldn't hear, so I leaned in closer. As I did, I unplugged the sound system at the exact moment screaming, " give me a pen, I'm gonna fu** Nikki". Everyone in the party started laughing.... Except Nikki. Needless to say, I never got my crack at Nikki, one of those missed opportunities I will always remember!

TruthHurts
09-20-2012, 03:16 PM
Oh, dumb financial decisions count for this? I sold quite a few shares of AAPL at $20 / share, thinking myself smart for doubling my money about a decade ago. I spent it on some tuition; stupid me. I could have bought a house off that. I win the thread.

But an education is priceless! 😁

MerlinBlack
09-20-2012, 03:23 PM
I was at a house party many years back. There was a girl there, Nikki that I had wanted to hook up with since high school and it never was the right time. Either she was dating someone or I had a girlfriend. This time she and I both were single at the same time. I was talking to her and flirting a little and asked for her number. She agreed and asked if I had a pen. I did not, but told her I would be right back with one. I walked around in a drunken stupor asking everyone. Finally, after many attempts to no success. I decided to ask my friend that was DJ'n. when I asked him he couldn't hear me over the music, so I yelled again. He still couldn't hear, so I leaned in closer. As I did, I unplugged the sound system at the exact moment screaming, " give me a pen, I'm gonna fu** Nikki". Everyone in the party started laughing.... Except Nikki. Needless to say, I never got my crack at Nikki, one of those missed opportunities I will always remember!

Awesome. That sounds like something out of a movie.

Joaquim Jose
09-20-2012, 03:25 PM
1999, my kids are 5 and 9, they got a Nintendo with Zelda Ocarina of Time.

Best game of all time right here.

TonySpaghetti
09-20-2012, 03:29 PM
Best game of all time right here.

I loved the original Legend of Zelda (remember the gold cartridge with built-in memory? Cutting edge back then). I used to drive my mother insane with the music. Pretty awesome that you can still play it on Wii.

Ballerado
09-20-2012, 03:30 PM
I was at a house party many years back. There was a girl there, Nikki that I had wanted to hook up with since high school and it never was the right time. Either she was dating someone or I had a girlfriend. This time she and I both were single at the same time. I was talking to her and flirting a little and asked for her number. She agreed and asked if I had a pen. I did not, but told her I would be right back with one. I walked around in a drunken stupor asking everyone. Finally, after many attempts to no success. I decided to ask my friend that was DJ'n. when I asked him he couldn't hear me over the music, so I yelled again. He still couldn't hear, so I leaned in closer. As I did, I unplugged the sound system at the exact moment screaming, " give me a pen, I'm gonna fu** Nikki". Everyone in the party started laughing.... Except Nikki. Needless to say, I never got my crack at Nikki, one of those missed opportunities I will always remember!That's pretty cinematic. Epic teen movie fail!

bigflan
09-20-2012, 03:31 PM
I loved the original Legend of Zelda (remember the gold cartridge with built-in memory? Cutting edge back then). I used to drive my mother insane with the music. Pretty awesome that you can still play it on Wii. I love legend of Zelda I just played skyward sword game is stupid really easy no tough enemies yawn

Joaquim Jose
09-20-2012, 03:32 PM
I loved the original Legend of Zelda (remember the gold cartridge with built-in memory? Cutting edge back then). I used to drive my mother insane with the music. Pretty awesome that you can still play it on Wii.

I'm not that old where I know about the old cartridges but I did get my 3DS before the price drop making me legible for the Ambassadors Program so I was able to get the original for free.

Joaquim Jose
09-20-2012, 03:33 PM
I love legend of Zelda I just played skyward sword game is stupid really easy no tough enemies yawn

I ranked that game #10 of all time on my Top 10s thread in MW forum.

Euchred
09-20-2012, 03:34 PM
You're always legible Joaquim :)

I do love ocarina of time though me and my friends still joke about the water temple.

bigflan
09-20-2012, 03:35 PM
I ranked that game #10 of all time on my Top 10s thread in MW forum.It sucks even spirit tracks was better LOL

TonySpaghetti
09-20-2012, 03:37 PM
You don't know what gaming is until you've had to blow in the cartridge and wedge another one in on top of it to get the game to load.

MerlinBlack
09-20-2012, 03:39 PM
You don't know what gaming is until you've had to blow in the cartridge and wedge another one in on top of it to get the game to load.

You know what that reminded me of? Game genie!!!!! Remember the books of codes for NES? :)

Ballerado
09-20-2012, 03:40 PM
Oh, dumb financial decisions count for this? I sold quite a few shares of AAPL at $20 / share, thinking myself smart for doubling my money about a decade ago. I spent it on some tuition; stupid me. I could have bought a house off that. I win the thread.Mine was not so much financial as it was lame and a bad use of time. You definitely "win" for that one though. It's so irritating selling stuff before the value explodes. I had some really old magic cards that I sold that are now worth a ton. I couldn't have bought a house but maybe a house boat.

Paulio
09-20-2012, 03:41 PM
Leave it up to Joaquim to derail a thread

jobadass
09-20-2012, 03:43 PM
1993: I'm a sooper-dooper-paratrooper, and one of our brothers is going to get married. It'll be the anniversary of the day in a couple weeks, because it was pumpkin harvest/Halloween time.

Most of our platoon is out celebrating at sports bars, dive bars and strip clubs.

5 of us pile into a late 70's Electra, to take the Bachelor home. (driver is actually pretty coherent)

We manage to get said bachelor within a 1/2 mile of his house when we notice pumpkins on the side of the road. Of course we pull over and "steal" them. Nuch to our dismay, the pumpkin patch is under survaliance for a major drug deal to go down. OOOPS! Every cop in Cumberland County NC has weapons drawn on us.

Here's how it went down:
Cop,"Driver, turn offf the car and remove the keys from the ignition!"
Driver Complies
Cop, "Driver, throw the keys out the window!"
Driver, "the Window's closed"
Cop, "Roll down the window! Everybody, roll down the windows!!!"
Driver "It's electric"
Me and anyone else that had a gun to their head at the moment, "It's ELECTRIC"
Bachelor, "Boogie, Woogie, Woogie".

This is the end of part 1. Only gets better in jail, and in our 1st Sergeant's office the next day

Joaquim Jose
09-20-2012, 03:50 PM
Leave it up to Joaquim to derail a thread

That was unintentional.

mxz
09-20-2012, 03:52 PM
This is the end of part 1. Only gets better in jail, and in our 1st Sergeant's office the next dayProbably a lovely little chuckle.

One of the most fun talking to's I ever witnessed: we had a guy sustain a moderate injury in Al Asad (aka "Camp Cupcake") a couple years ago. Injury: broken arm. Reason for injury: touch football. Kind of reminded me of Remember the Titans - "So you think football is fun?" "Not anymore." "So it's not fun anymore?" "Zero. Fun. Sir."

ChesterDaJoeyMolester
09-20-2012, 07:38 PM
You know what that reminded me of? Game genie!!!!! Remember the books of codes for NES? :)

Now that was a great blast from the past

Dipstik
09-20-2012, 07:48 PM
Mine was not so much financial as it was lame and a bad use of time. You definitely "win" for that one though. It's so irritating selling stuff before the value explodes. I had some really old magic cards that I sold that are now worth a ton. I couldn't have bought a house but maybe a house boat.

I started my law office by selling my moxen :)

HenryVIII
09-20-2012, 07:57 PM
Probably a lovely little chuckle.

One of the most fun talking to's I ever witnessed: we had a guy sustain a moderate injury in Al Asad (aka "Camp Cupcake") a couple years ago. Injury: broken arm. Reason for injury: touch football. Kind of reminded me of Remember the Titans - "So you think football is fun?" "Not anymore." "So it's not fun anymore?" "Zero. Fun. Sir."

So, I guess we are on the topic of "war stories" well I got one. I'll try to keep it brief because its medical and with all the privacy issues etc.
A few years ago - I was a Naval Corpsman with the Marine Corps. My unit was in transit to the Middle East. To get there we took a Navy ship. Every so often the weather would kick up and the seas would get rough; this was one of those days. So it's roughly 8:00 in the morning and a Marine came into our clinic, walking awkwardly, with an embarrassed look on his face. A few of us take him in a room to get him checked out and he told us his story. He states that due to the seas, he fell out of his top bunk directly onto his "aroused member" and it is now a little deformed. We took him to X-ray and sure enough, he's got a Johnson that looks like the number 7. We quickly hand him off to the doctors and he got sent home early...

We also had a guy sent home from Kuwait with a broken arm because of touch football. Apparently it's a rough sport.

mxz
09-20-2012, 08:37 PM
He broke his unit? Hahahahaha fantastic story.

Murda
09-20-2012, 09:23 PM
Just last week I decided to take my iPad to work, cause that's where I keep all my Crime city spreadsheets and I wanted to create a tracking spreadsheet for my iPad crawler account.

Hands full getting in car, but needed to pull in the garbage and recycling bins.......cut to pulling into workplace, get out of car, realize iPad is not with me......think back to the last time I had it......realize I had set it on top of trunk lid to get garbage bins.....immediately drive back the 12 miles home looking at the road and shoulders for my iPad(even the expressway, like it would have made it there or been findable from the other side of the road). Anyway, I get close to the house and am driving 1/2 mile an hour with my head out either side window, back and forth. Park at my house, walk through the neighborhood, looking in drains and yards. Walk along the main road(no sidewalk) in my dress clothes.... Looking like a parent looking for a lost child. Swore a few times at myself for never loading up the "find my iPhone/iPad app(I seriously thought to myself, why would I ever need that?). If I could have kicked myself in the face I would have.... Finally give up. Then I use the neighborhood email list to send out an APB to the neighborhood trying not to sound like an idiot by saying "I lost an iPad and I think it's probably in the road". So now the neighbors that I do know, have the leverage on me for ridicule.

That night a guy walks up to my house with my iPad, he ran a lawn mower service and found it in the road in front of my mailbox. Gave him a reward for bringing it back, then immediately opened it up to see how much I had been robbed for!!

Stock Slayer
09-20-2012, 09:46 PM
We were on a joint operation mission with the Marines. I was 3rd Armored Cavalry, US Army, and we were showing the Marines our city so they would know the high combat areas, etc. We were making our way through the city to the Syrian border town of Al Qaim. As we entered the city I noticed there were throngs of people at the central town market. It was a Friday so many Arabs were getting ready for their weekly holiday. After passing through the city with an M1A2 Abrams tank in the lead, two humvees (I was the gunner of the first humvee, second vehicle), followed by a fourth vehicle, another tank, we were on our way back to base.
We went the long way out of town and that was a bad idea. Our convoy of vehicles came upon the market, which was close to the entrance to the city, deserted. I was on the machine gun on the roof of the humvee. I "felt" something was about to happen and as I leaned in to warn my crew, a 120mm mortar round rigged to explode detonated about 15 ft
from me. Two Iraqis in the vicinity... one, dies instantly the other is mauled beyond saving and bleeds out in minutes.
I hear an intense explosion as it pops my ear drums and leaves me completely deaf. Rocks hit my face and our humvees engine is torn apart by shrapnel. My arm is burning and I think it was a rock, but turned out to be a sliver of shrapnel, burned and lodged into my arm.

This was around the time 2nd gen iPod was out.

Stock Slayer
09-20-2012, 09:49 PM
Probably a lovely little chuckle.

I was part of the tank unit that held Al-Asad for almost a month while the engineers showed up to build the base. We moved on the Haditha dam for the first time since it had been taken. We experienced no fire or hostilities. The powers that be moved us to Al Qaim after about 3-4 months and thats when the chaos ensued.

TruthHurts
09-20-2012, 10:12 PM

Or gently depressing the power button slowly, hoping it catches just right...

Bea
09-21-2012, 06:40 AM
1999, my kids are 5 and 9, they got a Nintendo with Zelda Ocarina of Time for Christmas. I spent the whole of the holidays ignoring all visitors, friends and family. Kids got to play game properly for first time in second week of January.

2002, kids 8 and 12, they are hooked on Pokemon on Gameboy, it's almost all they do. Pokemon Silver and Gold come out, I bought them, plugged in while kids were out somewhere, and started playing. I was addicted for 6 months straight - my kids loved it though, we battled. I even took the Gameboy to a pool tournament, and played in between rounds of the tournament, with my beer drinking pool mates looking at me like I was retarded.

Lol I can completely relate to this, I dread to think how many hours of my life were spent playing Zelda. OOT, Majora's Mask, Wind Waker, Twilight Princess. Several times each! And pmsl not the only one who loved Pokemon, had it on GC and it was surprisingly good fun.

The gaming addiction started early with me. Late at night with a pillow trying to muffle the sound of a game loading from tape so my mum didn't catch me playing Manic Miner on my ZX Spectrum all night. Anyone else have one of those?

Nudie
09-21-2012, 06:48 AM
Lol I can completely relate to this, I dread to think how many hours of my life were spent playing Zelda. OOT, Majora's Mask, Wind Waker, Twilight Princess. Several times each! And pmsl not the only one who loved Pokemon, had it on GC and it was surprisingly good fun.

The gaming addiction started early with me. Late at night with a pillow trying to muffle the sound of a game loading from tape so my mum didn't catch me playing Manic Miner on my ZX Spectrum all night. Anyone else have one of those?

I had one of everything you had. :p

MerlinBlack
09-21-2012, 06:50 AM

Ha! Oldest thing I had was a commodore 64. No ZX for me. After that Commodore, NES. Can totally relate to staying up entirely too late playing though, programming that (curse) bird to fly around the screen and do stuff; playing wack-a-mole; those text-only RPGs that never really made any sense...

Nudie
09-21-2012, 06:57 AM
Ha! Oldest thing I had was a commodore 64. No ZX for me. After that Commodore, NES. Can totally relate to staying up entirely too late playing though, programming that (curse) bird to fly around the screen and do stuff; playing wack-a-mole; those text-only RPGs that never really made any sense...

LOL I love those text only RPGs. Some of them were pretty scary. The new games are mostly all about graphics, somehow not as satisfying. I dunno. :p

Burn
09-21-2012, 07:44 AM
Anyone play Lemmings? My first 'adult' game addiction. 1991, on a 386 running DOS. Would port so well to iPhone/iPad too. The tiny little animated sprites were awesome for the era. Great and highly original problem solving game. Where's my Water is a pretty good current take on the genre.

dthfrmabv
09-21-2012, 08:01 AM

OMG NES = those big a$$ cartridges that looks like VHS... walking down memory lane

Deluxe
09-21-2012, 08:09 AM
Anyone play Lemmings? My first 'adult' game addiction. 1991, on a 386 running DOS. Would port so well to iPhone/iPad too. The tiny little animated sprites were awesome for the era. Great and highly original problem solving game. Where's my Water is a pretty good current take on the genre.

I remember playing lemmings on either Sega or super Nintendo but not the computer version I think you're talking about... I do remember a great DOS game was all about vampires that I've played on the yellow and black screen...i think it was a Commodore, if that's the correct antiquated computer type..?

Deluxe
09-21-2012, 08:10 AM
When a floppy disk really was floppy…

TruthHurts
09-21-2012, 08:13 AM
Anybody remember colecovision? I used to play Mappy on that thing for days on end. The controllers with the coiled phone cords were the worst!

Burn
09-21-2012, 08:32 AM
http://www.computercloset.org/Colecovision_System.jpg

You can download a free Coleco emulator, with actual game ROMs.

I have a MAME emulator cabinet in my garage with pretty much everything running on an old PC... Space Invaders, Galaxian, Phoenix, Moon Cresta, Gorf, Defender, Donkey Kong, Pacman, Mr Do, Double Dragon, original Street Fighter and Mortal Combat - the whole shebang - and all free. Brilliant when pals are round, drunk, crowded round machine, like we are teenagers again.

By the way, this thread is cool, right through, some great stories, moar please - so what kind of sorry gimps have voted it down. *sigh* F**ktards.

TonySpaghetti
09-21-2012, 08:56 AM

What? No Atari 2600? Lol

TonySpaghetti
09-21-2012, 08:58 AM

I used to play that. Great game.

AppleMacGuy
09-21-2012, 09:46 AM
Bit more recent (we're talking around 92-93) I'd discovered the Apple by then and owned my 2nd one - the LCII (first one was the Mac Classic). I was a CompSci student at uni and the game we all played was Maelstrom, a really good Asteroids clone by Ambrosia Software.

Anyway, I was the undisputed king of that game in our student flat - we used to have our fingers crossed we'd get a comet storm with a x5 multiplier to have any chance of a massive score lol! Actually, Ambrosia ran a worldwide high score competition and I managed to rank in the top 50...think I still have the t-shirt prize from that one somewhere at home :rolleyes: Roll forwards a couple of decades and here we are again chasing top 50 placings all over again...

Oh yeah, and network player Marathon just rocked...:D

Dipstik
09-21-2012, 10:35 AM
I played marathon all through high school in the 90s! We had it on every computer in the school's lab. The teacher let us keep it because he'd blame every computer or network problem on marathon and we'd have to fix it for him to keep our game :)

Dipstik
09-21-2012, 10:36 AM
I played marathon all through high school in the 90s! We had it on every computer in the school's lab. The teacher let us keep it because he'd blame every computer or network problem on marathon and we'd have to fix it for him to keep our game :)

Edit: did ambrosia make escape velocity? Another good one.

Joaquim Jose
09-21-2012, 10:59 AM
What? No Atari 2600? Lol

The Atari 2600 is one of the reasons for the Video Game Crash of 1983(or 84. It's somewhere around 83).
It released an awful version of Pac Man and the worst video game of all time, ET.

Luckily everyone's favorite plumber came to save the day.

Burn
09-21-2012, 11:06 AM
Joaquim, sorry I can't bite my tongue, I know ur very young, so I usually do leave you be, but...

I've been banned twice on these forums, and both times I served that ban out. I've never ban evaded, or ever used a second account.

You are on a ban, again, and it grits my sh!t that you just waltz back in the next day with a new account like nothing happened.

Either don't get banned or GTFO until ur ban is up.

There I said it.

Joaquim Jose
09-21-2012, 11:17 AM
My ban was permanent I had to make another account.

AppleMacGuy
09-21-2012, 11:18 AM
Edit: did ambrosia make escape velocity? Another good one.

Yeah that was one of theirs...I never played it that much but it certainly was a good game for its day.

Joaquim Jose
09-21-2012, 11:28 AM
Just look at what I do to the MW people. I told them that a new boss event started and it ended up being a rickroll and they threw a fit.

Jtstar7439
09-21-2012, 11:31 AM
Yesterday I booked a flight to Miami cause I'm going to the Jets game there on Sunday. When it came to picking the flight time I actually worked around my 12/24 hour building collection time so they wouldn't get robbed while I was in the air. It was at that point I realized I play this game way to much lol.

Burn
09-21-2012, 11:34 AM
But Joaquim, what makes you think....

...oh never mind, I can't be bothered.

Congrats on your cunning disguise though. I only knew it was you because I recognised your shoes.

TruthHurts
09-21-2012, 11:35 AM
My ban was permanent I had to make another account.

Then take the hint!

Bea
09-21-2012, 02:56 PM
Up up down down left right left right B A start.

Jtstar7439
09-21-2012, 03:19 PM
Up up down down left right left right B A start.

30 lives in contra. I still remember that as well. Damn I'm old lol

TruthHurts
09-21-2012, 06:40 PM
30 lives in contra. I still remember that as well. Damn I'm old lol

I thought it was unlimited lives? And A B B A start?

Jtstar7439
09-21-2012, 07:30 PM
I thought it was unlimited lives? And A B B A start?

No it was b a b a select start actually. But I'm pretty sure it was 30 lives though. Obviously it's been a while lol

iteachem
09-21-2012, 07:36 PM
Anybody play this.. I got one for christmas. Before that I was playing pong with my dad..

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Knlk6WftcjM/Tl1BtBdFHgI/AAAAAAAADpY/5O35Mfxasi8/s1600/1.jpg

Dipstik
09-21-2012, 07:44 PM
No it was b a b a select start actually. But I'm pretty sure it was 30 lives though. Obviously it's been a while lol

Select is to set it for two players and not part of the code. It's 30 lives.

TruthHurts
09-21-2012, 08:14 PM
Anybody play this.. I got one for christmas. Before that I was playing pong with my dad..

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Knlk6WftcjM/Tl1BtBdFHgI/AAAAAAAADpY/5O35Mfxasi8/s1600/1.jpg

Classic!

Can't forget Merlin and Simon!

Jtstar7439
09-21-2012, 08:24 PM

Oh yeah. U didn't use select if it was one player. I did remember the 30 lives though. They should make contra for iPad lol.

Plux
09-22-2012, 02:15 AM
Burn I'll shoot a game of Pool with you one day, maybe I'll use the Johnny Archer method :rolleyes:

Have a look at an old 80's electronic game called Alex Higgins' "Cue Ball" I believe. It was octagonal and used little red LED's to display the table. Great little game for an avid Steve Davis fan back then.

Burn
09-22-2012, 02:18 AM
You got a deal, let me see if I can blag a box for a game at the Boleyn, and we'll take it from there.

Ragmondino
09-22-2012, 02:26 AM
You got a deal, let me see if I can blag a box for a game at the Boleyn, and we'll take it from there.

You a hammer? Local to the area?

Burn
09-22-2012, 02:38 AM
Hammer yes, not local. Henley-on-Thames. I'm f**king posh me.

Ragmondino
09-22-2012, 02:45 AM
Ahh me to, season ticket holder for a few years. East ham boy but In Hornchurch at the minute. Not so posh this end unfortunately..

Burn
09-22-2012, 02:47 AM
OK, now I have to explain to my Indian peers that I can't ever attack you again, cos ur a Hammer.

Tribal allegiances eh, so complicated.

Bea
09-22-2012, 02:48 AM
Well I hope you beat QPR on the 1st!

Ragmondino
09-22-2012, 03:07 AM
[QUOTE=Burn;420152]OK, now I have to explain to my Indian peers that I can't ever attack you again, cos ur a Hammer.

Tribal allegiances eh, so complicated.[/QUOTE

Ahh we suffer enough as it is without turning on each other. I'm sure they will understand though. May even take sympathy on my plight themselves. It's a hard life being a hammer

Vince the Fist
09-22-2012, 03:34 AM
This is a fantastic thread. Crazy war stories, that hilarious anecdote about getting a pen off the DJ, OOT, Lemmings... Perfect reading while waiting for new GOF add on to download. Michael pass the popcorn. Earliest gaming addiction was Utopia on Intellivision, which meant as soon as Civ came out on PC was sucked right in.

Ghost818
09-22-2012, 03:36 AM
[QUOTE=Burn;420152]OK, now I have to explain to my Indian peers that I can't ever attack you again, cos ur a Hammer.

Tribal allegiances eh, so complicated.[/QUOTE

Ahh we suffer enough as it is without turning on each other. I'm sure they will understand though. May even take sympathy on my plight themselves. It's a hard life being a hammer

I kind of sorta just hit you :/ but that's only cause a FEW forum members made me hungry and I get cranky when I'm hungry.

Ragmondino
09-22-2012, 04:16 AM
I kind of sorta just hit you :/ but that's only cause a FEW forum members made me hungry and I get cranky when I'm hungry.

It's no worries, I'm constantly hit anyway, surprised you found me available to attack. And I'm on a week away from the game at the moment as well. Most of my buildings are now robbed but in roughly 2hr 40mins my 24hr buildings will be up. Gentlemans clubs, upscales, churches, hotels and a few others are all gonna be available. But be quite punctual or Lupo will beat you to it.

Bea
09-22-2012, 11:04 AM

The good old days when 'cheats' were really just unlocks.

marebear
09-22-2012, 11:44 AM
http://www.computercloset.org/Colecovision_System.jpgYou can download a free Coleco emulator, with actual game ROMs.I have a MAME emulator cabinet in my garage with pretty much everything running on an old PC... Space Invaders, Galaxian, Phoenix, Moon Cresta, Gorf, Defender, Donkey Kong, Pacman, Mr Do, Double Dragon, original Street Fighter and Mortal Combat - the whole shebang - and all free. Brilliant when pals are round, drunk, crowded round machine, like we are teenagers again.By the way, this thread is cool, right through, some great stories, moar please - so what kind of sorry gimps have voted it down. *sigh* F**ktards.Hey I still have that but mine is called Intellivison. It still works and I have all the cards that slip in the controllers. http://i1243.photobucket.com/albums/gg546/here2andnow3/04E819EF-4EDD-4425-8500-30347993362C-3406-0000028CBD820D8A_zpse16b9007.jpg (http://s1243.photobucket.com/albums/gg546/here2andnow3/?action=view&current=04E819EF-4EDD-4425-8500-30347993362C-3406-0000028CBD820D8A_zpse16b9007.jpg)