PDA

View Full Version : How does this keep happening?

JohnDough
09-19-2012, 02:05 PM
Ok so I keep getting raided by someone who's attack is a 900 less than my defense.
I am losing all kinds of units to this cat as well.

Anyone know what's going on?

Juaco
09-19-2012, 02:06 PM
Ever heard of skill points?

Juaco
09-19-2012, 02:06 PM
And actual defense?

Dr. Dengus
09-19-2012, 02:10 PM
Only 900, or did you mean a 9,000 point difference?

Thief
09-19-2012, 02:11 PM
Ok so I keep getting raided by someone who's attack is a 900 less than my defense.
I am losing all kinds of units to this cat as well.

Anyone know what's going on?

The First Thing to note is you see your Modified Defense but you only see his Raw Attack.

Therefore you have to take into consideration any boosts that the player might have? 900 difference doesn't mean much either depending on what level you are (and Stats). If you only have 2000 Defense and he has 1100 attack then there is a big difference...but what kind of difference.

The other big unknown as mentioned are skill points.

JohnDough
09-19-2012, 02:30 PM
The First Thing to note is you see your Modified Defense but you only see his Raw Attack.

Therefore you have to take into consideration any boosts that the player might have? 900 difference doesn't mean much either depending on what level you are (and Stats). If you only have 2000 Defense and he has 1100 attack then there is a big difference...but what kind of difference.

The other big unknown as mentioned are skill points.

I am very low level. My def is 3900 his Att is 3000

Also note in my newsfeed it says I lost 17483 dollars and 11 units total. From one Raid..
I would post a screenshot but I don't have anything on my phone to edit his name out

Juaco
09-19-2012, 02:31 PM
Upload it to a website and edit there. duh.

Thief
09-19-2012, 02:42 PM
@Juaco please Stop. This is a member that is clearly trying to understand the game and doesn't need your comments.

@John that is a pretty significant difference but it is certainly in the realm of possibility. Also what could have happened is he lost troopps that brought down his attack?

As for your news feed it will lump all the "lost" attacks into one news feed. So maybe he attacked you 10x and in that process you lost your money and troops.

Couple of Scenarios:
He has good boost buildings (this could potentially account for 30% more attack with Country and Boost buildings...although unlikely at these levels)

He dropped allies after attacking you which now shows he has lower attack as well as defense.

You don't have any Skill Points in Defense and he has many in Attack.

Juaco
09-19-2012, 02:47 PM
I'm trying to help! You can upload a picture to a website and edit it!

Dumbass.

FromAfar
09-19-2012, 02:49 PM
Take the screen capture / pic, and email it to yourself. then you can edit and post accordingly.

I am very low level. My def is 3900 his Att is 3000

Also note in my newsfeed it says I lost 17483 dollars and 11 units total. From one Raid..
I would post a screenshot but I don't have anything on my phone to edit his name out

JohnDough
09-19-2012, 02:52 PM
@Juaco please Stop. This is a member that is clearly trying to understand the game and doesn't need your comments.

@John that is a pretty significant difference but it is certainly in the realm of possibility. Also what could have happened is he lost troopps that brought down his attack?

As for your news feed it will lump all the "lost" attacks into one news feed. So maybe he attacked you 10x and in that process you lost your money and troops.

Couple of Scenarios:
He has good boost buildings (this could potentially account for 30% more attack with Country and Boost buildings...although unlikely at these levels)

He dropped allies after attacking you which now shows he has lower attack as well as defense.

You don't have any Skill Points in Defense and he has many in Attack.

Thanks for the help.
I understand now that the raids were grouped together.
I am going to add some high defense units to protect myself from this attacker.
And I am mature I will ignore juaco. Hopefully he will be banned like the rest of his lame usernames

Juaco
09-19-2012, 02:52 PM
And I am mature I will ignore juaco. Hopefully he will be banned like the rest of his lame usernames

I only have 2 usernames. Joaquim and Juaco.

JohnDough
09-19-2012, 02:54 PM
I'm trying to help! You can upload a picture to a website and edit it!

Dumbass.

Please quit trying to ride me. I owned you yesterday, it's over with.
I don't need to post the pic now seeing as Thief has helped me understand that the raids were grouped together in my news feed.
Now carry on with your forum persona.

Juaco
09-19-2012, 02:56 PM
Please ride me. I need a nice guy to f**k.

You sir, have a sick mind.

JohnDough
09-19-2012, 02:56 PM
I only have 2 usernames. Joaquim and Juaco.

You are forgetting your other one...... BIGGESTDOUCHE

I'm done commenting to you. My question was answered. Good day

How childish VVV

Juaco
09-19-2012, 03:00 PM
I'm a DOUCHE

Yes sir you are.

(CCC)- The Pope
09-19-2012, 03:18 PM
Troll alert

Juaco
09-19-2012, 03:18 PM
Yea it's you.

Baraka
09-19-2012, 03:21 PM
And take into account that raids are a lot easier than attacks outright. It just sounds like a normal scenario just get stronger dude. And use skill points wisely they make a big difference.

manbeast
09-19-2012, 04:19 PM
i was at 46k defense and i got raided by someone with only 29k attack. he was successful about 50% of the time. tried attacking me a lot of times and never won. so yea raids are a lot easier than attacks.

reasons a "lower" stat can win:
1. skill points. from my understanding, each attack or defense skill point effectively increases that stat by 1%
2. building boost- you will see your boost buildings effect when you look at your stats, but you wont see how his buildings effect his stat when looking at his profile
3. nation boost- you will see your countries boost, not his
4. strong against units- units with a "strong against" are given a special boost when fighting against units they are "strong against" nobody knows exactly how this works.

there is also random chance- a forum member and i fought just for fun and he won 1 out of 3. my defense was 20k higher than his attack. he got a ridiculous amount of battle points (like 240ish which is unheard of at our level).

or, as mentioned before, he could have added allies to attack you and then deleted them after (i use to do this often when i was down at 300 allies)

on a side note- just saw that our troll has been banned. thank god. i was getting so tired of that kid

Baraka
09-19-2012, 04:23 PM
So he has. Wonder if that's permanent as well.

Thief
09-19-2012, 04:51 PM
i was at 46k defense and i got raided by someone with only 29k attack. he was successful about 50% of the time. tried attacking me a lot of times and never won. so yea raids are a lot easier than attacks.

on a side note- just saw that our troll has been banned. thank god. i was getting so tired of that kid

Manbeast gives a much better explanation than i did:

I was also trying to give you quick answers before the Troll took over your post haha.

Glad to hear he was Banned. Hopefully for good! (Although then i'm sure he will just create a new name...)

Trolls and Hackers...the worst part about MW.

JohnDough
09-19-2012, 04:56 PM
Thanks for all the advice guys. I guess there is only 1 thing I can do. GET STRONGER.

Glad to see is gone, but he will be back I'm sure

Thief
09-19-2012, 05:02 PM
Best Reccomendation for you! Buy Military Ambulances (2/18) for 84,000 they provide 18 Defensive points. I'm level 65 and this is still the majority of my Defensive Army (although i'm finally starting to replace them)
The best part is you should never have to take them into your attacks

If your UK then buy Sea Scouts: 3/17 Stats. They are more expensive at 110,000 but they die less often and if your UK then you get better stats because of your nation boost.

MonkeyPuppy2012
09-19-2012, 06:06 PM
Finish learning how to use a calculator like they teach in the 6th grade.....