PDA

View Full Version : High-level players, what is something you regret doing in the early levels?

Carlos,
09-19-2012, 10:47 AM
Also, is there something you regret NOT doing?

BadNews
09-19-2012, 11:07 AM
I should upgrade to a higher level at first time.

MaximumFun
09-19-2012, 11:27 AM
1.) Put all points toward "Hero Strength" (allows you to defeat PVE monsters more easily/use less energy, thus, obtaining better higher level loot drops). I have ~145 Hero Strength right now, but wasted quite a few points on Attack and Defense early on (could be closer to 175).

2.) Upgrade Breeding Den to Level 10 (I'm "only" at Level 5 now). Focus on "end game" (best available units = dragon). I did get my Wizards Spire to Level 7 early on, and have ~730 High Priests now.

3.) Upgrade your Vault to max $330,000. Priority should always be on upgrading vault due to long upgrade time.

4.) Upgrade Lumber Mill to level 10 (eventually). Once you get to the expensive upgrades, this will become extremely helpful (especially when combined with max vault).

RandomUser
09-19-2012, 12:14 PM
Not learning to check a player's attack/defense stats before attacking.

MaverickMunkey
09-19-2012, 12:24 PM
Not slowing down the leveling to get the BD to lvl 10 before hitting the 100s.

bgood
09-19-2012, 12:32 PM
Regret PvEing and leveling up far too rapidly without having the economy. Wish i started march to BD10 earlier. Wish i put more points to hero strength for end game once i get bd10

Hobtuse
09-19-2012, 12:44 PM
Hmmm I would say there would be two things to do:
1) Read the forums and guide.
2) Investing skill points into hero strength and maybe a little to attack

Besides that, I think I would just do the same.
PVE, PVP, PVE, PVP, click, click, click, click. Energy is meant to be used, not conserved.

Where's the fun in camping? Getting to BD 10 in whale territory is a thrilling journey. Gives you bragging rights.
Who can forget that shocking sensation, the chill in your spine when you are way over vault and a report comes in?

bgood
09-19-2012, 12:54 PM
Sorry cant agree that I hate that seeing that report sign come up...makes me panic and try to figure out what was taken before I look at the news feed. I'd be more than happy getting my bd10 without seeing that report...bragging rights be damned ;)

buckeyespud
09-19-2012, 01:35 PM
1.) Put all points toward "Hero Strength" (allows you to defeat PVE monsters more easily/use less energy, thus, obtaining better higher level loot drops). I have ~145 Hero Strength right now, but wasted quite a few points on Attack and Defense early on (could be closer to 175).

2.) Upgrade Breeding Den to Level 10 (I'm "only" at Level 5 now). Focus on "end game" (best available units = dragon). I did get my Wizards Spire to Level 7 early on, and have ~730 High Priests now.

3.) Upgrade your Vault to max $330,000. Priority should always be on upgrading vault due to long upgrade time.

4.) Upgrade Lumber Mill to level 10 (eventually). Once you get to the expensive upgrades, this will become extremely helpful (especially when combined with max vault).

perfectly stated.

buckeyespud
09-19-2012, 01:37 PM
one more thing to add, would be to save your honor points for canon's when you can finally use them since they are the best HP unit you can have. You will eventually have to upgrade stuff other than breeding den to complete quests, but breeding den is the most important.

Nick-Clark1
09-19-2012, 01:59 PM
perfectly stated.

I agree too. In fact, I regretted it so much that I started again

Juaco
09-19-2012, 02:02 PM
I regret downloading this game in the first place. Got rid of it at level 7.

Juaco
09-19-2012, 02:02 PM
Well I don't really regret it. I wanted that Hardened Shotgun for CC.

Dr. Dengus
09-19-2012, 02:18 PM
I regret downloading this game in the first place. Got rid of it at level 7.

Well I don't really regret it. I wanted that Hardened Shotgun for CC.
http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/219/871/1324349926735.jpg

Looking back though, I would have upgraded my BD to 10 right after it unlocked, and not at level 70. Then again, my IPH did increase a whole lot between levels 50 - 70, which will help with the upgrade and dragon costs, so not a huge regret.
But I also wouldn't have wasted time upgrading my Barracks to 10 because I don't even bring any of those units to battle anymore, and haven't for a while.

emcee
09-19-2012, 02:47 PM
Needless land expansions that can be delayed indefinitely.

Chups
09-19-2012, 02:59 PM

If someone is really focused on "end game" then the skill points should go towards attack stats (and maybe defense stats) not on Hero strength.