PDA

View Full Version : Events!!

Brooklyn Boy
09-19-2012, 10:15 AM
I don't know how everybody else feels but pretty much over these events!
This event now like every other one that Gree is giving us is getting harder,costing more and rewarding us less!! They just aren't worth the time, trouble or money! Sorry Gree but for me unless things change the party is over for me with the events!

SevenO9
09-19-2012, 10:41 AM
I think the boss events are great. No need to change them.

DenZ1
09-19-2012, 10:45 AM
Don't touch bosses. Just lower goal reaching treshhold to 30 or give out some additional item when reached 20 or 30.

chbranch
09-19-2012, 10:47 AM
And now Android has a PvP event and a 3, 5, 7, 9, 10 event with a great drop rate at the same time to compare to the boss ios event. Don't change anything Funzio, unless its to have a joint boss event with ios.

Dipstik
09-19-2012, 10:48 AM
Objection noted. If you don't think it's worth it, you don't have to participate. Just keep doing what you're doing and ignore the event.

TonySpaghetti
09-19-2012, 11:01 AM
I agree with DenZ1 and Dipstik.

OP: no need to spend gold - you can still get some decent items for basically free until the boss gets too hard to complete with no medkits.

Bala82
09-19-2012, 11:01 AM
And now Android has a PvP event and a 3, 5, 7, 9, 10 event with a great drop rate at the same time to compare to the boss ios event. Don't change anything Funzio, unless its to have a joint boss event with ios.

But open them is a difficult, i have 6 fail attempts using cash option normally i would 3-4 failed before one open.

Brooklyn Boy
09-19-2012, 11:17 AM
Don't touch bosses. Just lower goal reaching treshhold to 30 or give out some additional item when reached 20 or 30.

I think what everyone is missing is the fact of how these events are progressing. You guys are saying yah keep the boss events. I have loved the boss events in the past but look what there doing. Last one grand prize a couple of hundred pts higher then this one and 20 levels lower to compleat! So what's the next one couple of hundred lower and another 10 levels higher to compleat. I'm just trying to say that all the events have become more difficult to compleat while the prizes go down in value with the money cost rising!

Hey Den didn't mean to reply to your statement.Hit the wrong one.Lol. I agree with what your saying and is what I have done on this event.

DenZ1
09-19-2012, 11:27 AM
I think what everyone is missing is the fact of how these events are progressing. You guys are saying yah keep the boss events. I have loved the boss events in the past but look what there doing. Last one grand prize a couple of hundred pts higher then this one and 20 levels lower to compleat! So what's the next one couple of hundred lower and another 10 levels higher to compleat. I'm just trying to say that all the events have become more difficult to compleat while the prizes go down in value with the money cost rising!

Hey Den didn't mean to reply to your statement.Hit the wrong one.Lol. I agree with what your saying and is what I have done on this event.

They just fixing issues and trying to figure out what the best goal in terms of people spending and being able to achieve. 50 was easy out of the league. 20 were too simple. 30 is a good middle ground but low levels get past them too easily. So I gues for me 30 would be nice or at least have a decent half way reward at that level.

They are not trying to increase difficulty. They merely trying to fix it as it has intended to be :)

Brooklyn Boy
09-19-2012, 11:47 AM
Den IMHO they(Gree) don't try to fix anything.....Only try to figure out how gouge more gold from the players!

SevenO9
09-19-2012, 12:01 PM
As with every new event it needs some rounds to balance them. Seriously the last event with the supa-dupa car at 20 kills was just too easy. Items with a total of 2k stats should need a serious investment to keep balance with other options for such a boost.

Here are my two cents:
Something nice (~400 stats total) @ 20
Something good (~ 800 - 1k) @ 30
Something awesome (2k) @ 40 or even 50

Ramshutu
09-19-2012, 12:36 PM
IMO the events shouldn't be 3,5,7,9 the decreasing probability of getting items was rubbish you had to spend a ton of gold to be fairly sure of getting items. Probably similar to the current auction events.

Have a cross between the two. Fixed probability items, but you need to get 50 items or something, set the number required so that you can get it with all cash, but only if super lucky. If you know the chances of winning, and more importantly, can see yourself winning with a little gold, it will be spent.

DenZ1
09-19-2012, 12:42 PM
As with every new event it needs some rounds to balance them. Seriously the last event with the supa-dupa car at 20 kills was just too easy. Items with a total of 2k stats should need a serious investment to keep balance with other options for such a boost.

Here are my two cents:
50 would cost you a fortune to get to. Not viable.

SevenO9
09-19-2012, 12:56 PM
50 would cost you a fortune to get to. Not viable.

Give that item a decent modifier and people will spend a fortune as they did will all the leaderboard events

Lonestoner
09-19-2012, 03:48 PM

Yea that's a GREAT idea considering how many people got 3 grand prizes off the last event. Great input there.

And now Android has a PvP event and a 3, 5, 7, 9, 10 event with a great drop rate at the same time to compare to the boss ios event.

Great drop rate? What exactly are you talking about? The drop rate of the crates from maps are terrible (2 from ~1500 energy), and the success rate of the boxes is worse than any of the leaderboard events to date (from mine and friend's experiences with past events, all the way back to coffers). The only thing you must be talking about is the drop rate of crates in pvp, which only one person suggested at being higher this event than the previous ones. To me, one person's opinion is far from fact, especially when it was only one occurrence.

Seriously the last event with the supa-dupa car at 20 kills was just too easy. Items with a total of 2k stats should need a serious investment to keep balance with other options for such a boost.

Here are my two cents:

Finally, someone who reaps the benefits of boss events who isn't afraid to admit how incredibly, ridiculously easy they are to get overpowered items from. And those items aren't even counting the ones you get on the way to getting the grand prize(s).

Oh you spoiled iOS users, you guys should be spanked for ever having a complaint about the events on here. Someone could feed you on a silver spoon (which they do here) and you'd still be complaining that it wasn't a gold spoon. Sad really. Pathetic even. The last event was bugged in your favor, and you're still complaining. Some of you didn't even earn all the items you got legitimately.

*The above paragraph is only directed with the people reaping benefits and still complaining. Nobody else.*

Thanks 7 of 9 for the proper input, and using common sense.

Shouldn't the rest of you sheep be waiting in line for a week to get your new iMOAN 5?

RijilV
09-19-2012, 06:11 PM
The epic boss events are nice in that you get a bunch of crate-ish items for low amounts of ingame cash. The new style lockbox events totally suck, and the prizes have really gone downhill.

Fig O Ni
09-19-2012, 06:44 PM
Mr BrooklynBoy:

I really need to take my hat off to gree, I don't really care if the objective is for them to make more profit.
As a player since day 1, for over 7 months the only special weapons to look forward on a free were the golden gatling gun & grenade launcher of any worthwhile stats.

After collecting them reward, rest of the other weapons on free were all of lesser quality.

No the top 25 event, I really like, they are much more fairer & it easier to get 20 event items on a free then getting 10 on the old.
Only difference is for 20 you get a lesser weapon with no special enhancer.

The boss event, shouldn't say nothing about it as it fair for each and all and every win results in a weapon better than the old M4.

Would be nice to reconsider as once these events ends you'll regret you didn't take part because of your stubbornness.(just play the damn ting free)

I do like watching the leaderboard, just to see who I need to not get on the wrong side of.

KemoKidd
09-19-2012, 06:49 PM
The drop rate for the android event is GREAT when doing pvp! The player you are attacking doesnt even need to have a crate for one to be dropped. I have been getting 1or 2 crates going 10-0 on a player. I have been going for the pvp event on android and collected 95 crates spending 0 energy. I already have 7 paintings using 0 gold and without setting the alarm on my phone like I usually do.

Lonestoner
09-19-2012, 06:50 PM
The drop rate for the android event is GREAT when doing pvp! The player you are attacking doesnt even need to have a crate for one to be dropped. I have been getting 1or 2 crates going 10-0 on a player. I have been going for the pvp event on android and collected 95 crates spending 0 energy. I already have 7 paintings using 0 gold and without setting the alarm on my phone like I usually do.

I can only hope my luck changes to be more like yours. :p I am getting a lot of crates from pvp though, this is a fact. Opening them is what's giving me the trouble..

dudeman
09-19-2012, 07:09 PM

You guys are getting a good drop rate doing PvP because iOS players already have maybe hundreds of art crates that are stored invisibly in their inventories. iOS had this event a few months ago, so there are lots of crates out there to be stolen.

Just my 5¢. Back to my popcorn.

KemoKidd
09-19-2012, 07:31 PM
I can only hope my luck changes to be more like yours. :p I am getting a lot of crates from pvp though, this is a fact. Opening them is what's giving me the trouble..

I'm lucky alright. Just got my 8th. 9 successful opens using the cash option. Only 1 wasn't a painting!

@Dudeman: I never thought of that. We were hoping that funzio/gree changed the PvP drop rate somehow for the event since it was VERY difficult to get a Android only PvP drop before. Interesting...

Deluxe
09-19-2012, 07:31 PM

Here are my two cents:

You cant gauge the last boss into this conversation because they did not intend to give the car at 20. I see what youre saying but we cant credit gree with having intended on giving that prize so easily. The truth of their intentions showed up when the goal changed from 20 to 50 wins for the car.

Deluxe
09-19-2012, 07:35 PM
Yea that's a GREAT idea considering how many people got 3 grand prizes off the last event. Great input there.

Great drop rate? What exactly are you talking about? The drop rate of the crates from maps are terrible (2 from ~1500 energy), and the success rate of the boxes is worse than any of the leaderboard events to date (from mine and friend's experiences with past events, all the way back to coffers). The only thing you must be talking about is the drop rate of crates in pvp, which only one person suggested at being higher this event than the previous ones. To me, one person's opinion is far from fact, especially when it was only one occurrence.

Finally, someone who reaps the benefits of boss events who isn't afraid to admit how incredibly, ridiculously easy they are to get overpowered items from. And those items aren't even counting the ones you get on the way to getting the grand prize(s).

Oh you spoiled iOS users, you guys should be spanked for ever having a complaint about the events on here. Someone could feed you on a silver spoon (which they do here) and you'd still be complaining that it wasn't a gold spoon. Sad really. Pathetic even. The last event was bugged in your favor, and you're still complaining. Some of you didn't even earn all the items you got legitimately.

*The above paragraph is only directed with the people reaping benefits and still complaining. Nobody else.*

Thanks 7 of 9 for the proper input, and using common sense.

Shouldn't the rest of you sheep be waiting in line for a week to get your new iMOAN 5?

A silver spoon that was purchased by the player themselves...people dropping $1000+ on top 25 events is not being fed on a silver spoon. Sure we have some superior events but it still takes a lot of gold to beat snake 40 times unless you have ridiculous stats, in which case youve already paid your dues so silver spoon my tookis!

chbranch
09-19-2012, 07:44 PM

I'm talking about the fact that EVERYONE is getting crates from PvP. If you remember that last two android exclusive events, the drop rates were terrible all the way around along with the openings. Right now, the fact is I'm on 7 paintings and there is still 4 days left in the event with 60+ crates still in my inventory with ZERO dollars spent. When do you recall that ever happening? I think if you go through some posts, you will find more than one person's opinion on the great drop and successful openings.

Lonestoner
09-19-2012, 07:49 PM
A silver spoon that was purchased by the player themselves...people dropping $1000+ on top 25 events is not being fed on a silver spoon. Sure we have some superior events but it still takes a lot of gold to beat snake 40 times unless you have ridiculous stats, in which case youve already paid your dues so silver spoon my tookis!

Even in comparison though, take the total amount of stats you could gain on either style event. Free or gold spending, either way. I know iOS users get leaderboard events too, so that playing field is even, but, when comparing the two different style events (boss vs. leaderboard), they don't even come close to equivalent. You literally will get hundreds more stats from the boss events.

I'd have to dig up some old event posts, but the numbers truly aren't even close. For a free player, you can get waaaaay more stats from the boss events than any of the leaderboard ones. The only way you can come close to matching boss event item stats with a leaderboard event is by getting the grand prize, and there's only been one of those to go around lately. Our events don't cater to lower levels at all either, unfortunately. In fact, the pvp event is quite the opposite. That's another gripe for another thread though. :p

In all honesty, I'm even getting tired of hearing myself *****ing about the boss events. It sucks that we don't have them on android, and by the time we do, they'll probably be optimized a lot more, so we won't be getting any 3 grand prize freebies. This will probably be the last gripe I have about it, as it's just ridiculous and there's absolutely nothing that can be done about it. I still enjoy the game, and enjoy getting free items, even if they are inferior to what another platform is getting.

By the way, what the hell is a tookis? I could google, but I'd much rather hear it from you :p

I'm talking about the fact that EVERYONE is getting crates from PvP. If you remember that last two android exclusive events, the drop rates were terrible all the way around along with the openings. Right now, the fact is I'm on 7 paintings and there is still 4 days left in the event with 60+ crates still in my inventory with ZERO dollars spent. When do you recall that ever happening? I think if you go through some posts, you will find more than one person's opinion on the great drop and successful openings.

Yea, if I had more paintings I would definitely go back and edit my post a bit. Unfortunately, my own personal results, as well as my roommate's and a couple co-workers' have been pretty bad so far.

Honestly, I had a loong day at work, and was already frustrated when I got home about multiple things, and the 4 fails in a row just sealed the deal for me. Had to vent a bit.

Free items are free items, and I love 'em. Even if they are slightly harder to come by for some than others. Even if they are weaker than other platforms'. They're free.

And the drop rate is pretty insane in pvp, as I agreed above. I got 3 off a guy out of 10 kills just a bit ago. Never had that happen before.

chbranch
09-19-2012, 08:02 PM
I feel ya, the last joint event was absolutely terrible for me while people were getting 20-25 items using cash only

Lonestoner
09-19-2012, 08:37 PM
I feel ya, the last joint event was absolutely terrible for me while people were getting 20-25 items using cash only

Yea, my luck seems okay usually, but I still end on either 14 or 19 items almost every time.. Just one away from a new prize. :p

Brooklyn Boy
09-19-2012, 08:54 PM
Mr BrooklynBoy:

I really need to take my hat off to gree, I don't really care if the objective is for them to make more profit.
As a player since day 1, for over 7 months the only special weapons to look forward on a free were the golden gatling gun & grenade launcher of any worthwhile stats.

After collecting them reward, rest of the other weapons on free were all of lesser quality.

No the top 25 event, I really like, they are much more fairer & it easier to get 20 event items on a free then getting 10 on the old.
Only difference is for 20 you get a lesser weapon with no special enhancer.

The boss event, shouldn't say nothing about it as it fair for each and all and every win results in a weapon better than the old M4.

Would be nice to reconsider as once these events ends you'll regret you didn't take part because of your stubbornness.(just play the damn ting free)

I do like watching the leaderboard, just to see who I need to not get on the wrong side of.

Mr.Fig O Ni:

If you reread my post I wasn't complaining about getting free items. My complaint is with Gree constantly changing the playing field with these events. To get the first 17 levels completed with only cash was great but every time a new boss event has come out they have changed them. 30 lvl's, 20 lvl's, 50 lvl's, 40 lvl's! Come on. I do spend gold. But they are constantly changing the formats to make you spend more of it. If you don't spend gold yah take what you can and be happy. That's fine. But if you are one to try and compeat for the top prizes it would be nice if they would leave them alone and be consistent. I think these Boss events could be great if the have constant parameters because it has the capabilities to be fair to both cash and gold players

As far as the "Old" prizes thats irrelevant. Back then they didn't have all these high priced events.

mxz
09-19-2012, 09:00 PM
BB, they're changing the number based on the number of gold spenders and how many they're able to get through. By tweaking the numbers they're trying to maximize how much gold is spent. If the goal is too easy they won't make any money because people don't need health packs. If they make it too hard people give up too early. They're likely just zeroing in on the optimum number.

Liquidsky
09-19-2012, 09:01 PM
I agree with Lonestar in principle.

Firstly, when an Android players talks about Crates, it is very different than when an iOS players talks about crates. For this Android event, a crate is a chance to get a painting which in turn is a possibility of getting an item. The iOS players crate yields a definite item which which has the possibility of being better than the top Android prize (though not the Grand Prize, which many iOS players already have) in the current Android event.

Yes, the android event crates are dropping at a good rate from PvP. Do you think this was intended by Funzio? No it wasnt. It is the result of Funzio using an previous iOS event, unchanged. iOS players already had this crate event so they already have the crates in their inventory. This is helpful for the first day, but i have ended just about every collection event will a 100+ surplus of unopened event collection items.

So.... iOS gets brand new original content and android gets an EXACT rehash of an old iOS event. ZERO development effort for the Android event. We know where 100% of Funzio's CC development is focused.

As far as the Android Tournament goes, the 100 attacks item is mediocre, it is on par with an uncommon iOS boss crate that the the iOS player will have dozens of attempts to get multiples of a comparable item (and the possibility of getting better).

The Android Tournament Grand Prize is good but only 10 players will get it. It gives 10% upgrade reduction (and the iOS version gave a 25% reduction although the stats were not as good). But only 10 players will get it.

In the end, the iOS players get dozens of good items and the Android player gets 5 mediocre items. 10 Android players get a grand prize and 10s of iOS players get their better grand prize.

The result is the average iOS player gains 5, 10, 20 times more Attack/Defense than the average Android player all in a single week. Week after week. It really does seem like Fuzio ported the game to Android to give iOS players someone to beat up.

chbranch
09-19-2012, 09:28 PM
Everyone on Android agrees with you Liquidsky, but we have SOMETHING right now which is better than that feeling a couple of weeks ago during the boss event when every ios player was partying like it was 1999 with all the rares and uncommon weapons they were getting and players on Android got NOTHING. At least we get something now, (abate a weaker, inferior, etc. event) but hopefully it will continue to get better as it already has.

Fig O Ni
09-19-2012, 09:39 PM
Brooklyn Boy I see your point.

In any job you answer to your boss.

So if the boss says 40 it's 40.

I believe that conzio were making good money so gree thought before they become even bigger I better buy them out as there follow the same genre as gree.

So the owner is just planing to recover his $ spent buying conzio then he will fold all 3 games.

The game programmers & developers at gree are quite rubbish compare to the old conzio team.
Eveything gree has released since the takeover has been awful.

So gree are milking the cow dry.

All they need to do is add new weapons to an old event template and bang comes in the $millions.
Why stop.

So it is justifiable to increase the bar to make optimal profit.
Get shills like the old pooham out of a job, who tried but quit(account terminated) because he wasn't bringing in the bacon.

Brooklyn Boy
09-21-2012, 08:24 AM
Brooklyn Boy I see your point.

In any job you answer to your boss.

So if the boss says 40 it's 40.

I believe that conzio were making good money so gree thought before they become even bigger I better buy them out as there follow the same genre as gree.

So the owner is just planing to recover his $ spent buying conzio then he will fold all 3 games.

The game programmers & developers at gree are quite rubbish compare to the old conzio team.
Eveything gree has released since the takeover has been awful.

So gree are milking the cow dry.

All they need to do is add new weapons to an old event template and bang comes in the $millions.
Why stop.

So it is justifiable to increase the bar to make optimal profit.
Get shills like the old pooham out of a job, who tried but quit(account terminated) because he wasn't bringing in the bacon.

Interesting theory Fig. Although we all think that Gree is making a ton of cash to make $250 million it is going to take a bit of time to make that kind of jack in pure profit. But I do agree a hundred % with you that as bad as Funzio Was these guys are worse. Lol!

mxz
09-21-2012, 08:43 AM
Y'all know its the exact same developers, right?

DenZ1
09-21-2012, 09:36 AM
Y'all know its the exact same developers, right?
They also probably wear the same cloth to work as prior to Gree :) And drink same coffee :)