PDA

View Full Version : Last event I got 1 units and 5 extra allies...

What?
09-19-2012, 01:13 AM
Previous box events I would end up with 4 indestructible units (never 10 opens only 9) but that was okay because some of them were decent units. But this last event I ended with 9 opened. With that one unit i won it did not get added to my army because it was pathetically weak and my army is stronger than that. Since gree decided to make this new event I have gotten less units, less cash, less xp, less everything really except unwanted extra allies. I noticed even players in the top 250 didn't even get the 25 open unit in the previous event. That is just weird that they get a good unit, but they didn't even get the 25th open unit. Why gree made it harder to get units, made the cash and xp prizes less is beyond me, but the absolute ludicrousness of this new event is the amount of extra allies I receive. I want to be emphatic I DO NOT WANT ALLIES I DO NOT NEED THEM THEY ARE A DETRIMENT TO MY STRATEGY AND GAMEPLAY AND YOU ARE USING VALUABLE COMPANY RESOURCES AND SUPPORT BY HAVING PLAYERS CONTACT YOU TO HAVE ALLIES REMOVED WHEN YOU COULD BE USING SUPPORT FOR MORE IMPORTANT THINGS. If something isn't changed with the open rates or the amount of opens required to get a unit I think I will just forgo these events entirely.

I feel better now that I got that off my chest. I'm sure I'm not the only one that feels this way.

Lt. Falcon
09-19-2012, 06:15 AM
That's why I didn't even bother with this last auction event. Not one open, but it's ok.

Ssne
09-19-2012, 06:22 AM
I have sat the last two out for all the reasons you describe. Terrible decision by Gree, but maybe it works for the bottom line - there certainly are enough people out there who are spending gold like crazy to get into the leaderboard.

Agent Orange
09-19-2012, 06:30 AM
I also don't bother with them other than the odd free open but as you have noticed opens are a lot tougher to come by and then you get kicked in the... With a grunt. Pathetic is the polite way of describing it.

Maverick50727
09-19-2012, 06:32 AM
I feel your pain. I never once got a grunt in all the previous 10 open style events. I was shocked to get the allies all of a sudden in the LB/Auction style. Before cash was 750K-1.25Mil all the time. Dropped to 100K-500K. Even the defense cannon 10A/20D (which I can't use in my army) has dropped to a common supply frigate 5A/19D. I think I only made it to 7 pieces last time. Lost interest in the events as the top is impossible for a free player. At least before we had a slight chance.

But one thing you can look at, it could be a good thing for some. Some people like the strategy in the game and the losses that come along with it. Many state they would never buy a 100% gold army as they would be no point to playing if they could never lose. If you are one of those people the events were giving you 3-4 free indestructible units each time and the boss events maybe 20 or more, along to everyone else in the game. I for one didn't like that path as the rate of events just kept increasing. I figured in a few months people could have half their armies indestructible anyway.

Gambit12
09-19-2012, 06:43 AM
I noticed even players in the top 250 didn't even get the 25 open unit in the previous event. That is just weird that they get a good unit, but they didn't even get the 25th open unit. I want to be emphatic I DO NOT WANT ALLIES I DO NOT NEED THEM THEY ARE A DETRIMENT TO MY STRATEGY AND GAMEPLAY AND YOU ARE USING VALUABLE COMPANY RESOURCES AND SUPPORT BY HAVING PLAYERS CONTACT YOU TO HAVE ALLIES REMOVED WHEN YOU COULD BE USING SUPPORT FOR MORE IMPORTANT THINGS.

FYI: Previous event was in top 500 not 250 & the cut out was on 22...Some people can reach to 22 or 23 parts without using gold only cash open & some use a little bit of gold just to stay top 500, so why they have to use more gold to reach the 25 unit than they're already lock-in in top 500...But some people needed that 25 unit & they go for it, & why not getting it that they 3 or 2 more blueprints away to get it...

Some lower level player needs some extra ally most of the time, so I think there's nothing we can do about that...

Corsair
09-19-2012, 08:14 AM
I barely did this last event...picked up several boxes in a couple of attacks/raids and did free opens...got to 5 items, nothing else. But I have gotten grunts in one of the other events, probably the first one. I am staying away from these events in favor of the boss events, much better bang for the buck with those, and you don't level nearly as much.

Miner
09-19-2012, 08:36 AM
I didn't touch the last event. Not a single attack/raid done. Not a single crate received or attempted to open. XP is the enemy for me right now.

Mad
09-19-2012, 09:07 AM
I didn't touch the last event. Not a single attack/raid done. Not a single crate received or attempted to open. XP is the enemy for me right now.

This is such a poor marketing move on GREE's part. They want people to participate in these events because the more people that play the events the more are apt to spend a bit of gold.

Then on the other hand they institute practices that discourage people from playing.

The XP is a classic example. I won't play the Auction event because it is nothing more than a levelling machine. Then to award grunts as prizes -- to most people that is not an award that is a punishment. So these are issues discouraging people from playing.

It is like stepping on the gas with one foot and the brake with the other. Lots of smoke, lots of noise, lots of stench -- but little movement.

I sometimes wonder if these developers have ever played this game.