PDA

View Full Version : A Clever Cheater??? You decide

Sav Clarke
09-17-2012, 02:47 AM
Hey

So I was going for TL goals and came across something that I thought looked a bit odd.

http://i1149.photobucket.com/albums/o583/cuppa1977/2A55CCDD-04E6-4F23-9CF4-2BAE5FD4A8E5-430-0000000D66A9BE57.jpg

Now what I found strange was that going down the list, it was all gold weapons varying costs from 900 gold to 150 gold. I find it bizarre that this person has spent that much and hasn't bought crate items. I know that crate items get server checked (or whatever it is) so was wondering if this person was using a hack cleverly by only getting 1 or 2 items of each gold weapon thus not making it overly obvious. From a quick rough calculation, weapons total well over 23,000 gold.

Stats aren't great, iph of around 44k, 3000 attack wins and 1000 rob wins.

Thought I would ask you guys before I submitted a report as don't want to waste supports time if it is just a case of me being too cynical.

Cheers

Polarbear
09-17-2012, 02:58 AM
Looks alright... Some of the items that he bought are very old LE items (which are from server). Crates only came out in Feb, so I'm guessing he's just an old (gametime wise) player that has stopped spending on the game.

_dan_
09-17-2012, 02:58 AM
Cheating is an art, cheater is artist.

DenZ1
09-17-2012, 04:54 AM
He is nit the only "smart" player like this. There are others. Maybe looks odd by doubt its a cheater.

mxz
09-17-2012, 05:29 AM
Not all that suspicious. Probably legit.

Burn
09-17-2012, 08:55 AM
For every idiot that gets caught because their greed makes them tear into the items like a crackhead, there are probably another 20 who cheat more sensibly by taking little and not too often.

The game is badly broken, and I'm not so sure Gree are gonna fix it anytime soon.

I mean jeez, take a look, they can't even control the forums and there is a well documented single-button-press solution to that. They can't even RTFM.

My spending is done until I see some evidence that Gree are anything other than a shower of incompetent money-grabbing clowns.

dudeman
09-17-2012, 09:03 AM
My spending is done until I see some evidence that Gree are anything other than a shower of incompetent money-grabbing clowns.

I'm thinking of CC as a carnival. Everyone knows carnival games are rigged, including the carnies themselves, but the entire purpose of such games is to "grab money".

So it's not exactly accurate (or nice :p lol!) to call Gree incompetent because their job isn't "provide fun game for all to enjoy", it's "grab money. Clown costume optional".

:cool:

Burn
09-17-2012, 09:11 AM
Fair point, well made.

How about incompetent in terms of me not being able to recall the last event that wasn't broken, bug-ridden or both?

;)

chalex accepted
09-17-2012, 10:38 AM
Been looking for info on how to report cheaters. I have found alot and manage to get mafia code from 2 of them.
Now what is the best way to go?
1. contact support from ingame and give them the codes? (dont see how i can give them my screen shots taken this way thu).
2 contact greed via forum somehow with numbers and screen shots?
3 mail via my private to some mail greed have with numbers and ss? (dont realy feel like giving out private mail)

Polarbear
09-17-2012, 10:55 AM
Been looking for info on how to report cheaters. I have found alot and manage to get mafia code from 2 of them.
1. contact support from ingame and give them the codes? (dont see how i can give them my screen shots taken this way thu).
3 mail via my private to some mail greed have with numbers and ss? (dont realy feel like giving out private mail)

1 and 3 are the same. ( both use you private email )
2 mark will tell you to contact support via email.

There's nothing wrong with giving out email, I have yet to receive any spam or anything related to funzio/Gree.

ohgreatitsryan
09-17-2012, 11:31 PM

Nothing you do to report cheaters will really be effective...and most of the time greed doesn't actually do anything about them...

Polarbear
09-17-2012, 11:48 PM
Nothing you do to report cheaters will really be effective...and most of the time greed doesn't actually do anything about them...

Regardless of people like this say, reporting DOES help!

The cheaters may not be banned straight away, because individually checking and picking them out is a ridiculous task. Rather they'd chuck em in a database to examine how to fix the fault. Then a new security patch will come out and hopefully weed them cheaters out. Thus the term ban wave!

Dr. Dengus
09-17-2012, 11:55 PM
You can PM CJ54 as well, not sure how often he checks his PMs. But I've done it once and he got back to me within 3-5 days.