PDA

View Full Version : How Far Do you Pursue?

PawnXIIX
09-16-2012, 03:49 AM
Me personally when I get attacked the only time I'll chase after the person and live in their hood is if after the first encounter they come back for more. I ask this because I have a new friend living in my hood right now and I was wondering how many of you guys are this dedicated as well and when you guys draw the line :P

SevenO9
09-16-2012, 04:18 AM
That really depends. I have this guy living in my hood for a week and did not do anything until last night when I realized I can actually break his decent def and he has 200+ land mines. So now I will live in his hood and won't stop until he cries for mercy, sends his code or the landmines are destroyed. I don't care if I don't make TL goal progress or loose money by not robbing juicy targets. The fella crossed a line and now he will bleed.

Generally speaking you should be very careful with serial robbers that have lower income then you. Thats a loosing game for you, but again, if they annoy me too much like the guy above I might forget my rational plans and go on a rampage.

PawnXIIX
09-16-2012, 04:21 AM
Generally speaking you should be very careful with serial robbers that have lower income then you. Thats a loosing game for you, but again, if they annoy me too much like the guy above I might forget my rational plans and go on a rampage.

They come in constantly and steal $1k from my underboss house and I attack back and i find a laundromat, 2 pizza parlors, and MAYBE a house or two...like...come on?

SevenO9
09-16-2012, 04:27 AM
Well, having no substantial IPH and therefore having nothing to loose has always be a vital strategy in this game. I think Lupo for example is using this with great success in the top bracket. It can be very frustrating to get poked by someone you can't really hurt back.

PawnXIIX
09-16-2012, 04:34 AM
Well, having no substantial IPH and therefore having nothing to loose has always be a vital strategy in this game. I think Lupo for example is using this with great success in the top bracket. It can be very frustrating to get poked by someone you can't really hurt back.

I collect very muh on time, just I have to sync my hotel and my seaside inn...so...if anyone wants a payday there's no retaliation if it's a forum member rather than my stalker... Stats below in game name is John

haywood
09-16-2012, 04:54 AM
I typically will just hit them as many times as needed to get my money back........ with a small interest.I did have one fellow that for no reason attacked me everyday for a week or two. He never got anything as my hood is well synced up. My IPH is $353,000 and his was only $57,000 so I was just gonna leave him alone but he wouldn't stop, It got on my nerves so I camped his hood for 3 days and literally took all his income and when nothing was available I would rob him and kill his explosives. I mean literally every time my stamina filled up......back to his hood. After 3 days I got a message on my wall saying he was sorry and to please leave him alone! hahaha good times good times.

Brintal
09-16-2012, 04:54 AM
Thanks for the original post. It's funny to wonder about player to player ettiquette in a game that's all about crime... still I was wondering if there was an unspoken rule about lines you don't cross and those you can. I'm new to the game and while I've for sure hit some people pretty hard and cleaned house I've never considered living in someone's hood for more than one or two regen points to hit something before I moved on. I also will go back to those on my news line if they are still there for as long as they are there. Any of that taboo?

Dipstik
09-16-2012, 04:57 AM
I don't even look at who robbed me.

PawnXIIX
09-16-2012, 05:44 AM
I don't even look at who robbed me.

I'm all in favor of giving donations on my buildings that are out of sync, but when you try to take me for my 12 hours or my 24s then i'm gonna sit in your hood for a little, because it takes usually a pretty high up player to beat me. That would be gloating, but I can leave a hotel out for the day and come back to find my news feed clogged with "you won" yada yada...

The thing that gets me is when people try to take revenge on me for attacking them. 95% of my attacks are for goals. The only time I'm intent on taking money in the open is when I can get 10 attack for 300k total...that's it. O.o

70% of my robs are for RP, all I do is rob clothing stores, meat factories and warehouses. Then of course the other 30% if for when I love finding uncollected credit agencies during the awkward hours when USA is falling asleep and just before the UK wakes up...loving it :D Have yet to find a nightclub during that grey period D:

jobadass
09-16-2012, 05:57 AM
It depends how hard they hit me. If they filled my feed with red/green, I usually stalk them as long as they stay on my feed. Typically, if they don't talk smack, I will offer them a truce after I get tired of robbing/attacking them.
If they keep coming back, the game goes on.
In my eyes, this is what makes the game fun and it's why we have rivals.

Oh, if someone comes in and pulverizes me, I either do nothing or compliment them on their nice stats...cowardly, maybe, but I prefer the term "self-preservation" :)

PawnXIIX
09-16-2012, 06:01 AM
Oh, if someone comes in and pulverizes me, I either do nothing or compliment them on their nice stats...cowardly, maybe, but I prefer the term "self-preservation" :)

I like the people who leave me a comment with their code...they kinda make me laugh. Eventually I find their name in the news feed and honestly they need help. Their IPH is lower than their attack and their buildings are all completed...

I also never taunt or say anything. I play FPS games the same way, a very professionalist attitude. I let my guns do the talking, not my mouth.

daystardawg
09-16-2012, 06:02 AM
i actually rob more than i get robbed. i'm a thief, what can i say? anyway....when i get robbed, its usually for a decent amount as i don't have a job that is conducive to syncing. so sometimes, my lofts, taverns, etc will sit for a few hours before i can get them. i take it in stride, will go a few times to their hood to find out if its worth it to have revenge, then i move on.

i actually robbed a level 2 nightclub a couple days ago. it was nice.

jobadass
09-16-2012, 06:06 AM
I like the people who leave me a comment with their code...they kinda make me laugh.especially after they fail attack/rob...LOL
Makes me laugh too bro. I don't usually add those folks

PawnXIIX
09-16-2012, 06:09 AM
especially after they fail attack/rob...LOL
Makes me laugh too bro. I don't usually add those folks

Yeah now that I have my nightclub under construction i just kinda ignore them. Speaking of players who make me laugh...$370 IPH...he spammed his entire hood with level 9/10 guard towers...still only 19k defense *laughs manically*

App just crashed on a level 2 upscale club hit <.<

Tomatoneverdie
09-16-2012, 08:09 AM
Whenever a strong gold player robs my hood, I leave a message thanking him/her for the contribution to keep this game free for most of us. If it's a cheat, I report to Gree Support. So far, I made more friends than enemies, if I do have any....

Jtstar7439
09-16-2012, 09:01 AM
If a person shows up in my news feed I will live in there hood, good IPH or bad. I will hit everything from laundramats up just to irritate them. 99% of the time they will send me there code or ask for mine and that's the end of it and I move on.

However there have been a few special turds who are wanna be tough guys that leave stupid little comments on my wall. Those are my favorite ones and i will never add them and will basically move In to there hood till the link is gone and I can't find them in my rivals list or my personal favorite is when they curse me out and then sell all of there money buildings lol.

Coldjoey
09-16-2012, 09:16 AM
I have a muti split personality, normally rob and let rob but if they talk abusive (not smack) and use words that I find offensive (retarded, spastic or words like that) I tell them that's offensive and if I do not get an apology, I will haunt them, level up with them camp with them. Then I will just leave then alone hoping they learnt a lesson (prob not)
If I'm offensive I'm quick to offer an apology, as I understand a common place word in one country is offensive in another.
So on that note Burn I'm sorry if i offended you I bet we could be great buds in real life.

Lupo
09-16-2012, 09:18 AM
Well, I think Lupo for example is using this with great success in the top bracket. It can be very frustrating to get poked by someone you can't really hurt back.

Thank you Seven09, I love you...:cool::cool::cool:

Regarding the topic, I have at least 5-6 guys so far, they sold all buildings and quit the game. That far I pursued them.

jobadass
09-16-2012, 09:43 AM

Regarding the topic, I have at least 5-6 guys so far, they sold all buildings and quit the game. That far I pursued them.LOL, with over 200K wins, I'm sure you can be rather tenacious when you want to be.

jmeijer
09-16-2012, 10:01 AM
When I am being attacked, I do nothing because I win 99% of all attacks against me. When I am being robbed, I stalk the opponent's hood, or beat them up every 2 hours.

When I am not attacked or robbed, I go past every hood looking for Collection Agencies and Lofts, just for the RP/XP ratio. I won't even rob nightclubs, because I make my money myself.

PawnXIIX
09-16-2012, 11:38 AM
When I am being attacked, I do nothing because I win 99% of all attacks against me. When I am being robbed, I stalk the opponent's hood, or beat them up every 2 hours.

When I am not attacked or robbed, I go past every hood looking for Collection Agencies and Lofts, just for the RP/XP ratio. I won't even rob nightclubs, because I make my money myself.

Oh. That's me :3 Sorry for taking your stuff xD

Carmine74
09-16-2012, 12:20 PM
Some things are better left unsaid...We all rob and get robbed from time to time, part of the game. No need for silly name calling. All of our eyes light up when we find high level buildings uncollected, and once we find it, it is only natural to check back again. There are too many times when you find garbage hoods with low IPHs or people who have their hoods synched up.

jmeijer
09-16-2012, 12:25 PM
Oh. That's me :3 Sorry for taking your stuff xDYou are the one who left my wall red and green! You took +-700k.. but it doesn't matter. Added you anyway.

Zendfrim
09-16-2012, 03:06 PM
Since my hood has extremely high income and high level nightclubs, no one gets an invite back. If I met someone with similar income to mine where I could inflict similar financial damages, things might be different, but, there's no one like that at this level that I am not already friends with.

I am one in a tight knit group of income heavy souls around level 100-115.

PawnXIIX
09-16-2012, 06:18 PM
You are the one who left my wall red and green! You took +-700k.. but it doesn't matter. Added you anyway.

$778k but then I banked it and 20 minutes later I get a red feed saying I lost $300k :P I was waiting for you to come back and take my buildings since I had a seaside inn as well as a hotel waiting to sync, that day never came :P

dudeman
09-16-2012, 09:18 PM
Me personally when I get attacked the only time I'll chase after the person and live in their hood is if after the first encounter they come back for more. I ask this because I have a new friend living in my hood right now and I was wondering how many of you guys are this dedicated as well and when you guys draw the line :P

For me it depends on the rival.

Big spenders: Rarely do I even visit their hoods more than once, and the first visit is usually a stat check because I don't recognize them and have no history with them.

Players with low IPH and low to average stats: Maybe 10-0 once or twice when attacking from Empire Times instead of rivals list. These players are usually too beat up to fight anyhow, so I don't pay much attention to them.

News flooders/rainbow robbers: I get out my tent and camp these player's hoods for as long as I have a direct link. IPH isn't important as long as I can take them 10-0 and alternate between attack and rob. I accept that I will be attacked and robbed, but someone who floods my news like that is either trying to make it into something personal, or has a low IPH and is desperate for cash. Either way, flooding back relentlessly usually results in rivals admitting defeat and either asking for my code or just calling a truce.

balax
09-16-2012, 11:08 PM
My big buildings 12/24/48 are always synced, i don't have consumable explosives so nobody can make me bleed
so my reaction depends on the rival and how polite he is
sometimes i stuck for a week or more in his hood robbing every building or attacking every 2-3 hours.
Most of the times these guys give me their code so i stop attacks
i hardly take attacks personal, afterall there r no real money and it's only a game

Dipstik
09-17-2012, 05:23 AM
For me it depends on the rival.

Big spenders: Rarely do I even visit their hoods more than once, and the first visit is usually a stat check because I don't recognize them and have no history with them.

Players with low IPH and low to average stats: Maybe 10-0 once or twice when attacking from Empire Times instead of rivals list. These players are usually too beat up to fight anyhow, so I don't pay much attention to them.

News flooders/rainbow robbers: I get out my tent and camp these player's hoods for as long as I have a direct link. IPH isn't important as long as I can take them 10-0 and alternate between attack and rob. I accept that I will be attacked and robbed, but someone who floods my news like that is either trying to make it into something personal, or has a low IPH and is desperate for cash. Either way, flooding back relentlessly usually results in rivals admitting defeat and either asking for my code or just calling a truce.

You know that the whole alternating thing does nothing to the news feed, right? Neither does the "rainbow rob". Your newsfeed has X slots, but when ten attacks are clumped as one news item, it still takes up ten spots.

I've has my entire news filled up with one entry that said "you were robbed by XXXXX". If you switch it up, all you do is make sure there are X separate lines in the news, but you don't actually "fill up" their news any more than if you fight ten times and then rob ten times.

PawnXIIX
09-17-2012, 05:41 AM
You know that the whole alternating thing does nothing to the news feed, right? Neither does the "rainbow rob". Your newsfeed has X slots, but when ten attacks are clumped as one news item, it still takes up ten spots.

I've has my entire news filled up with one entry that said "you were robbed by XXXXX". If you switch it up, all you do is make sure there are X separate lines in the news, but you don't actually "fill up" their news any more than if you fight ten times and then rob ten times.

So what you're saying is even if I go 10-0 it's going to count those as 10 newsfeeds even though they're clumped into one red feed?

Dipstik
09-17-2012, 05:45 AM
Yes. Test it and you'll see.

Ragmondino
09-17-2012, 05:55 AM
Yes. Test it and you'll see.

It's true, I learnt this from the amount of Indians that seem to think it makes a difference if they do this. But it never effects the amount of people on there

Dipstik
09-17-2012, 05:58 AM
Yeah, they're the only ones who care enough to bother. I never corrected any of them.

Stock Slayer
09-17-2012, 08:07 AM

Regarding the topic, I have at least 5-6 guys so far, they sold all buildings and quit the game. That far I pursued them.
I am one of the ones you are currently pursuing as well.
I have sold most of my buildings as a result and just collect twice a day now.
You are the kid on the playground that nobody wants to play with. Congrats.

Lupo
09-17-2012, 08:11 AM

You're the one who insult me, so now you got the wrong side bro. Sorry for you

Stock Slayer
09-17-2012, 08:13 AM
You're the one who insult me, so now you got the wrong side bro. Sorry for you
So when I decide to quit, what have you accomplished?

Dipstik
09-17-2012, 08:16 AM
And just like most playground bullies, if you ignore them they usually go away. I know for a while I was getting hit every 2 hours by lupo, but he eventually got bored and moved on to other people. There's a limit to how long that sort of focus can last in a game like this, and in a game with thousands of players they can only divide their stamina so far.

Indians are pathetic, really... despite their ridiculous stats, nothing they can do to you really affects your game unless you let it. Just play and ignore the red on your news... if it wasn't them, it was going to be someone else anyway.

Burn
09-17-2012, 08:44 AM
But you are lazy, attacking you or robbing you can't effect you, because you don't even collect your own bloody money ;)

Others take it more seriously and can be made to squeel, Deliverance style, like piggies.

dudeman
09-17-2012, 08:46 AM

It's not about "filling" their news, but I have seen on my own news having a wall of red coming from the same player. If attacks and robs are alternated that's what happens, if they are not and no one else is attacking/robbing me I could get as little as a single story and the only way I would know it was detailing more than 10 losses is by counting the lost explosives/fight.

I'm not talking months ago, I'm saying more like last week. Alternating attacks/robs does affect the news page, regardless of whether or not there are X many available slots. If your experience tells you otherwise then clearly it's another instance of something in the game not working exactly the same on every device. Kind of like how not everyone gets every splash screen (events, longer lasting explosives, etc.).

Burn
09-17-2012, 08:59 AM
You can also slow attack - leave a delay between hits - this also adds as unstacked items in News.

Trouble is, if you wait too long, Lupo jumps in ahead of you and savages your victim ;)

Dipstik
09-17-2012, 09:03 AM
If your goal is to have your name show up 20 times in a row, go ahead and alternate attacks and robs. If your goal is to push other people off their news, then it doesn't matter how you do it... 20 hits will take up 20 spots in the news.

I'm not sure how big it is, but I think it's around 40-50 entries. If someone robs you 50 times in a row, your news will show one entry: "You lost $xxxxx. You were robbed by XXXXX" If they alternate fights and robberies, your news will show 50 entries, but the result will be the same. You don't "fill" their news that way.

Burn
09-17-2012, 09:06 AM
It's psychological, getting all over their wall. I don't think u realise just how many players lose their minds over sh!t like that, it's hugely entertaining ;) ;) ;)

Fricco
09-17-2012, 09:08 AM
It's true, I learnt this from the amount of Indians that seem to think it makes a difference if they do this. But it never effects the amount of people on there

I find this hard to believe, if you are getting hit by some random Indian every 2 hours how does
it leave room for any other rival... ?

Fricco
09-17-2012, 09:11 AM

what are you complaining about didnt you cry on my wall 68 post in a row ?????
oh thats right you are too busy in real life dealing with stock and bonds to care about this game
but then your stats jumped up 12k the next day. ( all this even after you stated im not willing to spend another 8k on this game) haha you are a trip.

Dipstik
09-17-2012, 09:12 AM
I find this hard to believe, if you are getting hit by some random Indian every 2 hours how does
it leave room for any other rival... ?

I don't think you know what we're talking about.

dudeman
09-17-2012, 09:14 AM
If your goal is to have your name show up 20 times in a row, go ahead and alternate attacks and robs. If your goal is to push other people off their news, then it doesn't matter how you do it... 20 hits will take up 20 spots in the news.

I'm not sure how big it is, but I think it's around 40-50 entries. If someone robs you 50 times in a row, your news will show one entry: "You lost $xxxxx. You were robbed by XXXXX" If they alternate fights and robberies, your news will show 50 entries, but the result will be the same. You don't "fill" their news that way.

We're pretty much on the same page here. Maybe our news pages work a bit differently though, but that's not really for me to guess. I know how my page works, and if my actions against other players don't have the same effect on their news as the same actions would have on mine, then oh well. I'm still confident that I show up at least twice when I rob/attack, and twice more every time I go back.

The whole point is to get the rival sick of seeing my name so often. Worst case: they swear and smack talk on my comments page and try camping my hood. Best case: it's like that player never even existed. All attacks/robs cease, no comments on wall, no add me request.

That's how it's been working for me so far, so it doesn't really matter if alt-robattacking is having the desired effect on the rival's news. I think it does, some rivals do it to me for no good reason so I can't see why I wouldn't be able to do the same to others.

Fricco
09-17-2012, 09:15 AM
I don't think you know what we're talking about.
i do, and alternating attk/rob does show up different slots (ive had it done to me)

Dipstik
09-17-2012, 09:21 AM
i do, and alternating attk/rob does show up different slots (ive had it done to me)

I still don't think you know what we're talking about.

Lupo
09-17-2012, 09:27 AM
And just like most playground bullies, if you ignore them they usually go away. I know for a while I was getting hit every 2 hours by lupo, but he eventually got bored and moved on to other people. There's a limit to how long that sort of focus can last in a game like this, and in a game with thousands of players they can only divide their stamina so far.

Indians are pathetic, really... despite their ridiculous stats, nothing they can do to you really affects your game unless you let it. Just play and ignore the red on your news... if it wasn't them, it was going to be someone else anyway.

Yep, I suggest you to contact Rik and ask him how bored I get , I keep pounding him since September 2011, This is correct 2011, he claims that over 50% of his lost fights were from me.
I did not got bored of you SoftStick, but you went deep underground, lower your mafia to 200 members so I cant find you anymore, but from my point of view this is a victory too.:cool::cool::cool:

Burn
09-17-2012, 09:48 AM
Confirmed, when I stumbled across Dipstik he had 336 mob. Sez had 270, (CK)-The Professor had 180 - he was so far down I had to charter a yellow submarine to find his yellow ass.

Menace, a very strong player, was also cowering down below 300 - that's evidence of the Indian effect right there.

Saw an interesting wall exchange between Menace and (CK)-DiOgee too - Streetz is Watchin.

BOS
09-17-2012, 09:50 AM
LOL, with over 200K wins, I'm sure you can be rather tenacious when you want to be.

Tenacious is an understatement!

Yep, I suggest you to contact Rik and ask him how bored I get , I keep pounding him since September 2011, This is correct 2011, he claims that over 50% of his lost fights were from me.
I did not got bored of you SoftStick, but you went deep underground, lower your mafia to 200 members so I cant find you anymore, but from my point of view this is a victory too

Lupo, you've added around 500 losses to my stats in about a week, by far the most efficient attacker in-game :cool:

Lol, while I was typing this.... 10 more! Thanks for keeping me off the rival list so I can collect :p

Dipstik
09-17-2012, 09:52 AM
I'll be back up there soon... then I'll expect 10 hits every 2 hours again, right? Get in line.

Lupo
09-17-2012, 10:08 AM
I'll be back up there soon... then I'll expect 10 hits every 2 hours again, right? Get in line.

Don't ask me twice.:p:p:p

P.S. Will you please attk me once every day so I can have a direct link to you? This will solve the lost of time looking after you.:cool:

Stock Slayer
09-17-2012, 10:14 AM
Don't ask me twice.:p:p:p

P.S. Will you please attk me once every day so I can have a direct link to you? This will solve the lost of time looking after you.:cool:
No one can say you never found your calling...

Lupo
09-17-2012, 10:16 AM
Thank you SS, see there is an option for you too. Lower your mafia to @250 and I will be unable to find you anymore. Problem solved.:cool:

sez
09-17-2012, 10:19 AM
Confirmed, when I stumbled across Dipstik he had 336 mob. Sez had 270, (CK)-The Professor had 180 - he was so far down I had to charter a yellow submarine to find his yellow ass.

Menace, a very strong player, was also cowering down below 300 - that's evidence of the Indian effect right there.

Saw an interesting wall exchange between Menace and (CK)-DiOgee too - Streetz is Watchin.

I am at 503 mafia

Lupo
09-17-2012, 10:25 AM
I am at 503 mafia

Will you please rob my Laundromats?

Burn
09-17-2012, 10:33 AM
I am at 503 mafia

Glad to hear your balls grew back, haven't seen you though, name change maybe?

Oh, and just for you sweetcheeks, a reminder, and of course a counter to your veiled hint that I may have been lieing...

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/32215866/Photo%2028-08-2012%2003%2039%2018.png

sez
09-17-2012, 10:40 AM
Glad to hear your balls grew back, haven't seen you though, name change maybe?

Oh, and just for you sweetcheeks, a reminder, and of course a counter to your veiled hint that I may have been lieing...

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/32215866/Photo%2028-08-2012%2003%2039%2018.png

Brb, I can do that as well...

sez
09-17-2012, 10:41 AM
man you're 1 sensative dude, who hinted you were lying?

sez
09-17-2012, 10:45 AM
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b321/adamsez24/burn.png

Polarbear
09-17-2012, 10:51 AM

Cowering below 300 is the same league as deleting all your money buildings, which I heard is what a few Indians did to prevent robbery....

Why should someone like sez who has >2mil/ph income have to sustain robberies from hoodless rivals.... When he doesn't benefit from hitting back. To me thats the most annoying thing, rivals who can be weaker than you, who have no hood, robbing you clean and then gloating all over your wall.... There's nothing wrong with dropping mafia!

Burn
09-17-2012, 10:53 AM
Beautiful picture Sez.

While you are in the sharing mood, what's your new name? Or is that a secret ;)

steamboatwilly
09-17-2012, 10:56 AM
i have a turd named 123 that is living in my news feed. Literally the whole thing for the last 2 or 3 days. Its getting annoying. lvl 170 with 28k att. somehow he is robbing my hourly buildings, but my def. is around 45K. Its just getting annoying at this point.

Burn
09-17-2012, 10:58 AM
Cowering below 300 is the same league as deleting all your money buildings.

or

There's nothing wrong with dropping mafia!

Erm, you seem to be arguing with yourself, you did it pretty quickly to, like in the space of a couple of sentences. I commend your efficiency.

Shall we leave you to it, or would you like others to join in? ;)

Dipstik
09-17-2012, 11:06 AM
Reading comprehension is key, burn... he's saying there's nothing wrong with either of those options.

Lupo
09-17-2012, 11:11 AM
Cowering below 300 is the same league as deleting all your money buildings, which I heard is what a few Indians did to prevent robbery....

For this reason I build up 2 laundromats, I keep them up for grab 24/7

Burn
09-17-2012, 11:20 AM
Dipstik...

I was taking the p!ss. It's a very British character flaw ;)

You yanks are so literal.

Polarbear
09-17-2012, 11:21 AM
For this reason I build up 2 laundromats, I keep them up for grab 24/7

Perhaps out-of sync lvl1 nightclubs would be better bait :)

I was just using burn's words. I will change then...

Dropping below 300 is the same league as deleting all your money buildings, which I heard is what a few Indians did to prevent robbery.... There's nothing wrong with it.

Dr BoneCrusher
09-17-2012, 11:23 AM
It's kind of hard to defend players, if that's what you want to call them, with 100k, 200k and even 300k stats who sell all of their buildings, just so they don't get robbed. Now all of the apologist will say at that level money is meaningless, Really. So what's next Pride is meaningless also.
Better yet, it's a master plan to win by not Competing. That a like a soccer team removing their net and proclaiming they are unbeatable. Hmmm, elite crew or laughable crew?

Burn
09-17-2012, 11:30 AM
Polarbear...

The myth is perpetrated by those that that would dearly love to claim lack of buildings in any Indian hood as something they 'made happen', or as some kind of victory.

The truth is some, not all, Indians have chosen to delete buildings and turn their hoods into boot camps...

1. To save the hassle of collecting and being a slave to those time restraints.

2. Because they have enough Gold items that in-game money is now completely redundant.

3. It frustrates opponents so much, that they go around making up stories about this being some kind of victory over said Indian.

;)

It's mostly 3, and it works a charm.

Dipstik
09-17-2012, 11:42 AM
Dr. B: I have absolutely no "pride" in this game. My self esteem isn't tied up in whether someone has better stats than I do when those stats are based almost entirely upon either a) How long you've been playing, b) how much money you've spent, c) how lucky you are (10 item events), or d) how hard you cheat.

Yep... I lose a bunch of fights because I tend to provoke the sort of people who DO connect their identity to their attack score. If those same people think they're winning because they sold their buildings and therefore don't get robbed, I'm fine with that. I just point out that my IPH is WAAAAAAAY better than theirs =P

Burn
09-17-2012, 11:51 AM
Not often I agree with Dip, because he is mostly whining about something awful the Indians are doing.

But paragraph 1 above is hard to argue with from my perspective.

Paragraph 2, I'm guessing that's about something awful the Indians are doing ;)

Dr BoneCrusher
09-17-2012, 11:56 AM
Dr. B: I have absolutely no "pride" in this game. My self esteem isn't tied up in whether someone has better stats than I do when those stats are based almost entirely upon either a) How long you've been playing, b) how much money you've spent, c) how lucky you are (10 item events), or d) how hard you cheat.

Yep... I lose a bunch of fights because I tend to provoke the sort of people who DO connect their identity to their attack score. If those same people think they're winning because they sold their buildings and therefore don't get robbed, I'm fine with that. I just point out that my IPH is WAAAAAAAY better than theirs =P

Cool, if your happy with your role as a Bracket filler, that's great. The Statement was ment for the So Called "elite crew" and to show them and others, that's Exactly What Matters to them.

Burn
09-17-2012, 12:03 PM
I sense anxiety, resentment, and perhaps jealousy.

Ragmondino
09-17-2012, 12:07 PM
Polarbear...

The myth is perpetrated by those that that would dearly love to claim lack of buildings in any Indian hood as something they 'made happen', or as some kind of victory.

The truth is some, not all, Indians have chosen to delete buildings and turn their hoods into boot camps...

1. To save the hassle of collecting and being a slave to those time restraints.

2. Because they have enough Gold items that in-game money is now completely redundant.

3. It frustrates opponents so much, that they go around making up stories about this being some kind of victory over said Indian.

;)

It's mostly 3, and it works a charm.

Wasn't it originally done to stop Payam robbing them all the time? And then the other Indians started to follow suit? I may be wrong but thought that was what was said on a thread the other day explaining about teepees

sez
09-17-2012, 12:07 PM
I'm jealous!!!

I wish when I launched the game all the best items in my inventory tripled! I also recieved the best scratcher items and if anyone asked me what's up I would just point to a gold decoration and say its all legit, I have no idea why I am so lucky but I promise I reported myself !!

Dipstik
09-17-2012, 12:08 PM
I can promise you that I have NEVER "whined" about anything anyone has done in this game unless it involves cheating. I think the word you're looking for is "mocking." That's what I do.

Astroboy
09-17-2012, 12:08 PM
Basically I will seek to destroy somebody if they rob me and have much weaker stats than mine.

There's one character in particular (I won't name them, for now...) who hit me a few weeks ago with much weaker stats than my own. He was persistant as he was losing as much as he was winning. I taught him a very harsh lesson for the entire duration of him being on my newsfeed. I bled him for millions even though he only got something like $40k-$50k from me. So I thought, ok, he's learned his lesson, the chump.

Then last week I see the same guy hit my Wedding Chapel and another red-green-red-green newsfeed so I flipped and have pounded his hood relentlessly since. He's about to drop off my newsfeed shortly, lucky for him.

Bottom line: DON'T ROB PEOPLE WITH HIGHER STATS THAN YOURSELF! As they may happen to own an almighty can of whup-azz...:mad:

Oh, and they may be ever so slightly psychotic...:rolleyes:

Rhino72
09-17-2012, 12:13 PM
Basically I will seek to destroy somebody if they rob me and have much weaker stats than mine.

There's one character in particular (I won't name them, for now...) who hit me a few weeks ago with much weaker stats than my own. He was persistant as he was losing as much as he was winning. I taught him a very harsh lesson for the entire duration of him being on my newsfeed. I bled him for millions even though he only got something like $40k-$50k from me. So I thought, ok, he's learned his lesson, the chump.

Then last week I see the same guy hit my Wedding Chapel and another red-green-red-green newsfeed so I flipped and have pounded his hood relentlessly since. He's about to drop off my newsfeed shortly, lucky for him.

Bottom line: DON'T ROB PEOPLE WITH HIGHER STATS THAN YOURSELF! As they may happen to own an almighty can of whup-azz...:mad:

Oh, and they may be ever so slightly psychotic...:rolleyes:

He wins and you lose because he realized that his attacks bothered you so much that you had to keep hitting his hood. Like some, he probably doesn't give a cr*p about in game cash and is just happy he got your blood level up.

Dr BoneCrusher
09-17-2012, 12:15 PM
More like, resolve, apathy and may I add Truthfulness 😝😝

Burn
09-17-2012, 12:17 PM
Sez, you're doing it again my little love, you're taking ownership of something I addressed to Bones.

We've been here before. Groundhog Day?

Dipstik
09-17-2012, 12:18 PM
He wins and you lose because he realized that his attacks bothered you so much that you had to keep hitting his hood. Like some, he probably doesn't give a cr*p about in game cash and is just happy he got your blood level up.

I came to the opposite conclusion, Rhino... usually in situations like this, I rob where I see cash (because that's the point of robbing, right?) and really don't care about the counterpunch. Hey... I got your 24s and walked away with a bundle... you wasted a bunch of stamina on attacks that netted you nothing. Not even thug life goals because I'm under 500. trollface.jpg.

The guys that get me to avoid hitting them are usually the ones who CAMP my hood. I expect my nightclubs to be robbed at least once a day... I don't alter my life to collect buildings, but when the SAME GUY gets them EVERY TIME, then I think he got the better of me.

Burn
09-17-2012, 12:18 PM
Rhino knows. Read his post. Edumacate yourselves.

Astroboy
09-17-2012, 12:20 PM

I work differently. I always respect higher stat players and never rob them. I call it having respect for the stronger player, and I expect the same respect from players weaker than me. Maybe I'm just too idealistic :(

Rhino72
09-17-2012, 12:25 PM
I came to the opposite conclusion, Rhino... usually in situations like this, I rob where I see cash (because that's the point of robbing, right?) and really don't care about the counterpunch. Hey... I got your 24s and walked away with a bundle... you wasted a bunch of stamina on attacks that netted you nothing. Not even thug life goals because I'm under 500. trollface.jpg.

The guys that get me to avoid hitting them are usually the ones who CAMP my hood. I expect my nightclubs to be robbed at least once a day... I don't alter my life to collect buildings, but when the SAME GUY gets them EVERY TIME, then I think he got the better of me.

If you really want to get people mad just never collect from your nightclubs (leave it robbed) and post on serial robbers walls about how bad they are at missing your nightclub collections daily. As mentioned in game cash is cr#p but if another golden defense weapon type weapon comes up your nightclub still reflects in your IPH so no need to go sell all of your buildings.

Burn
09-17-2012, 12:26 PM
@Astroboy - You don't command respect because you bought more Gold, you earn respect by the lengths you are prepared to go to in order to win a battle.

I regularly beat the crap out of stronger players than me, because I'll camp their hoods and make them insane.

At high levels certainly, it isn't a game of stats, it's a game of psychology, and perseverence.

Babytway will know what I'm talking about, and her respect has been earned as above.

Paulio
09-17-2012, 12:32 PM
Getting someone to sell all their money buildings out of frustration or pride is just as big of a victory as getting someone to drop mafia. Actually, it's a bigger victory, because it took much much longer to build their economy and they just threw it away. One can easily get back up to 500 mafia.

Call it what you will - a strategy, psychology. But, really, it's just a punk-ass move.

Burn
09-17-2012, 12:34 PM
Addendum to previous post: CK Vader is on my feed constantly, I bet he thinks he is kicking my ass - I absolutely don't give a sh!t, he is altering the least important digits in the game, my win/loss - he has never robbed me once, he lacks the necessary commitment.

Basically he keeps my News feed tidy, and actually serves to frustrate my other rivals, because they can't hit me if he has already done so, and thus my outgoing links also last longer - the poor dimwit is actually providing me with a service. I love him dearly. Poppins was providing he same service previously, but as a News cleaning housemaid, CK Vader provides the superior service.

Burn
09-17-2012, 12:39 PM
Getting someone to sell all their money buildings out of frustration or pride is just as big of a victory as getting someone to drop mafia. Actually, it's a bigger victory, because it took much much longer to build their economy and they just threw it away. One can easily get back up to 500 mafia.

Call it what you will - a strategy, psychology. But, really, it's just a punk-ass move.

Because you want that to be true doesn't mean it is. Wait until you get to the high levels, it's completely and totally different to what you've done before - different rules apply. Particularly so in a mob vs mob war.

I've just built my second Casino - no building goals left, and you know I don't care for economy - at some point in the future, I may nuke all my buildings, I can't picture it happening yet, but the time may come - and when it does it will be for my benefit, and will be done without a moments hesitation.

You know what I gain? Freedom from the clock, and a massive psychological PVP advantage, particularly as I'm a very persistent camper of rivals hoods.

P.S. Don't get tetchy, this is actually an interesting discussion on high levels tactics, I'm enjoying it.

Lupo
09-17-2012, 01:02 PM

I suggest you to survive one week without your "economy", do not stop expanding and upgrading defense buildings. We speak later. In my opinion standing against others without any economy or virtually zero it's the ultimate skill in this game. As I said my opinion.

Dr BoneCrusher
09-17-2012, 01:23 PM
Hmmmm, Freedom from the Clock, psychological advantage, when you look at these statements, one could conclude it's your Ego that needs the Advantage. If you don't scare much because you don't care much. Why worry about seeing red on your wall? Or is it because you don't want to lose that useless money?

Do you rob neutral players for money to replace consumable bombs, how about does other Indians rob neutrals for cash? You know the ones with a tail? Who's Sig says excuses are like aholes everyone has one and most STINK?

Burn
09-17-2012, 01:29 PM
I genuinely struggle to understand why you always want to analyse what I'm saying.

Ask me what you wnt to know about me, and I'll tell you straight, I'm hardly shy am I?

I also think your constant need to pigeonhole or categorise my thinking says far far more about you than it does about me.

Re the game, do I want to see red on my wall? Of course I bloody don't.

Red from being attacked, in comparitive terms I don't give a sh!t, because other than buying ever increasing mounts of Gold, there is nothing I can do about it - time spent worrying about things outside my control is time wasted.

Red from robbery, I'd be furious, because that would be indicative of tardiness on my part. If I got robbed, my failure to collect on time led to my rival getting one up on me - yeah not happy about that at all.

There, now you know my achilles heel.

Paulio
09-17-2012, 01:38 PM
Because you want that to be true doesn't mean it is. Wait until you get to the high levels, it's completely and totally different to what you've done before - different rules apply. Particularly so in a mob vs mob war.

Not true? It guess it really just comes down to one's point of view. Ponder this:

1) Player drops below 500 mafia. Why? To avoid attacks from rivals.
2) Player sells all money buildings. Why? To avoid robberies from rivals.

What exactly is the difference here? Why is one acceptable to you and the other is not? Are they not both game play strategies that are available to all?

Dr BoneCrusher
09-17-2012, 01:45 PM
@Burn, you know that's a good question. Maybe it's because you speek with out filters, my real life training tough me to parse my words. Sometimes I can't believe people don't remember what they say, it's me not you, it's a game. I will try not to lose sight of that.

OK, do you rob neutral players for money to replace consumable bombs?

Burn
09-17-2012, 01:55 PM
Not true? It guess it really just comes down to one's point of view. Ponder this:

1) Player drops below 500 mafia. Why? To avoid attacks from rivals.
2) Player sells all money buildings. Why? To avoid robberies from rivals.

What exactly is the difference here? Why is one acceptable to you and the other is not? Are they not both game play strategies that are available to all?

Nothing to ponder bro, Rat Catching is something that was put in the cupboard when I got to the shark pool. I'll repeat again, the rules all changed. Plus not only did I reach the shark pool, but at exactly the same time I embarked on my personal CK war, and shortly after joined the Indians.

Rat Catching was something that was about everyone in the game, it affected everyone from level 100 upwards.

What I'm doing now is far more singular - I fight CK and Indian enemies, vey very few fights with neutrals - in fact most spats I get into with neutrals are usually resolved quickly with agreed truce, so I can get back to 'my' game.

1. The only players below 500 I now care about are those running from the Indians, CK-Unknown, CK-The Professor, and others that came with big ideas, then tried to escape down into the 150-300 mob sewers. btw Escape is easy, remove the CK badge, running with CK markings just means they'll get hunted down.

2. You say. If deleting buildings makes CK, or other Indian rivals mad, great. Again we aren't fighting neutrals, so what we do isn't of global concern, it's about Indians vs Enemies - don't try to paint it like we are letting 'the game' down, we aren't in the game, we are doing our own sh!t. Other people might fight thousands if rivls, Indians have a list of maybe 50, and we will do anything and everything outside of cheating, to frustrate, annoy, and gain psychological advantage.

Thus the annoyance at the tattle tale reporting by CK of wall smack-talk - you have unwittingly taken away a lot of the fun and humour - wanna be like Indians, wanna mould yourselves from our clay, but when it comes to it, you can't ever be. Gold just can't buy you what the Indians have.

Burn
09-17-2012, 02:08 PM
Bones, no, I do not rob neutrals. Ask BOS or Euchred, they both no bank. They had to talk me into robbing them, and I only agreed because they said "if you don't someone else will, rather you had it".

I still pass them by more often than I rob. If I do rob them, it will be followed up with a cheeky message - it's not robbery in the rival sense.

I have my list of enemies, and that's who I fight. Everyone else gets a pass.

Paulio
09-17-2012, 02:09 PM
I wasn't referring to rat-catching. I actually loved rat-catching more than any other "game within a game." I was referring to the less-than-flattering remarks toward your rivals that dropped mafia to avoid repeated attacks. I just don't see the difference between that and someone who sells their money buildings for a similar reason.

Re-reading my post, I'm pretty sure I didn't imply that anyone is "letting" anyone down. Everyone is doing their own thing, but some "strategies" are being looked down upon while others are being justified. This is no difference.

Paulio
09-17-2012, 02:10 PM
Oh yeah, and I believe I am in the HLs now - level 174, so drop by when you get a chance. I'm horrible with collection times, so you'll just be eating into jjk's profits :cool:

Burn
09-17-2012, 02:21 PM
Paulio, I love the smack-talk, and wtf, they are cowards - gave it the big chat, signed up for a war, and then turned tail and ran when they lost a few fights - you know you could save me time by shooting your own deserters ;)

Re hitting you, see you fall into that weird category, I doubt I'd make first hit on you because of past allegiance. But once you come calling, I'll be like your own personal case of herpes lol - what are ur stats, I see u on the leaderboards, maybe you are out of my range - maybe I can sack Vader and you can be my new Newsfeed cleaning maid ;)

Yeah Rat Catching was cool, good days - best game in-game, that's cos I'm a genius bruv ;) What did you think, I'd invent a sh!t sub-game?

The only thing I am that passionate about now is cheating, in any form, I hate it.

I'll tell you this much, Indians do not cheat, they have zero tolerance, and if that changed, I'd remove my tepees and fly solo again - fortunately I don't think it will ever come to that, Noodles is a man of honour - if someone cheats in our ranks, they will get booted.

Paulio
09-17-2012, 02:27 PM
Stats are decent, but I'm fairly certain you can rob me. Anyway, give it a go. I'm a good sport.

SevenO9
09-17-2012, 03:51 PM
I have this guy living in my hood for a week and did not do anything until last night when I realized I can actually break his decent def and he has 200+ land mines. So now I will live in his hood and won't stop until he cries for mercy, sends his code or the landmines are destroyed

Update: He is nearly 100 landmines down. Thats 15 million gone to dust. On the bright side he stocked up and is back to 400 which means another 60 million I can lay waste on.

Thats just one example how far one can go if you crossed a line.